• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The DeAndre Jordan Free Agency Saga

BestSportsEntertainer

I Don't Need No User Title
DeAndre Jordan played in 2014-15 with the Los Angeles Clippers. He played in all 82 games last year, and his averages were 11.5 points, 15 rebounds, 0.7 assists, 1 steal, and 2.2 blocks. His contracted expired after the season was over and last week he verbally committed to a 4 Year, $87.6M max contract with the Dallas Mavericks.

However days later, the most newsworthy and most ridiculous moment of the 2015 NBA Free Agency period started...

DeAndre Jordan went back on his word and instead signed with the Clippers for the same amount of years and money. He basically gave the biggest middle finger possible to the entire Mavericks organization.

Dallas Mavericks SF Chandler Parsons, who had a big role in convincing Jordan to sign with the Mavericks, told ESPN that he was "shocked, very, disappointed, frustrated, and disrespected" at Jordan. Parsons also claimed Jordan was "scared" and "wasn't ready to be a franchise player."

Did you lose any respect for DeAndre Jordan?
Did the Mavericks organization handle the situation properly?
Was Chandler Parsons right that Jordan "wasn't ready to be a franchise player" and was "scared"?
Do you have any further comments on the situation?

DeAndre Jordan later apologized to Mark Cuban and the Mavericks. Here are a couple of tweets from Jordan.

"I want to publicly apologize to one of the best owners in the world @MCuban, the @DallasMavs and their fans."

"I am humbled by @DallasMavs & @MCuban kindness and understanding. I am sorry to have a change of heart."

It's pretty clear Jordan is attempting to clean up his public image, but there's not a lot he can do at this point. However, this does bring up some new discussions.

Do you view DeAndre Jordan differently? Was his apology sincere?

I don't view Deandre Jordan any differently at all.

Under Doc Rivers, Jordan went from an average/good player to a star who has the right to ask for max money. Do you know how that happened? Doc stopped worrying about Jordan scoring and started focusing on what he did best. Which was rebounding and defense. I think Jordan realized that he is never going to be a traditional star player because he just isn't a scorer. Not to mention that the Clippers signed Paul Pierce and Lance Stevenson before all this happened and you just can't blame Jordan for staying. He has a better chance of winning with the Clippers. Also, with Josh Smith added as well, the Clippers literally went from having no bench to having one of the best benches in the league. They have just as good of a chance of winning as any other team in the west does. Can't blame him for wanting that.

I don't view Deandre Jordan any differently at all.

Under Doc Rivers, Jordan went from an average/good player to a star who has the right to ask for max money. Do you know how that happened? Doc stopped worrying about Jordan scoring and started focusing on what he did best. Which was rebounding and defense. I think Jordan realized that he is never going to be a traditional star player because he just isn't a scorer. Not to mention that the Clippers signed Paul Pierce and Lance Stevenson before all this happened and you just can't blame Jordan for staying. He has a better chance of winning with the Clippers. Also, with Josh Smith added as well, the Clippers literally went from having no bench to having one of the best benches in the league. They have just as good of a chance of winning as any other team in the west does. Can't blame him for wanting that.

DeAndre Jordan did make the correction basketball decision, but he really hurt his repuation. He couldn't even call Mark Cuban to apologize; he had his mother do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back