The Bullshiting About Comics Thread w/ Justin & Friends

The only piece of loot I'm particularly happy with is a Punisher hardcover that I got for half-price, but sadly, I already own a TPB of one of the storyarcs the hardcover contains. Still, I love The Punisher, and I'm excited to see what the other one has in store for me.

Some good and some bad coming out about the new constantine show. The cast looks fine, even casting an English guy is our protagonist, but the show is set in New York, Constantine can not be shown to smoke in the show, and they will be pronouncing his name incorrectly as they did in the movie.

I'll do it for you.

batmanbatmobile.jpg

batmanbatmobilelightlarge.jpg

I like.

Some good and some bad coming out about the new constantine show. The cast looks fine, even casting an English guy is our protagonist, but the show is set in New York, Constantine can not be shown to smoke in the show, and they will be pronouncing his name incorrectly as they did in the movie.

Why don't they just rename the character Gus and give him a quirky female sidekick while we're at it and just ripping apart everything that makes the character great.

Constantine without the smoking just isn't Constantine. It seems like such a silly thing to get upset over but it's just not the same man.

And my already low amount of confidence in Snyder seems to get lower and lower each day.

Why don't they just rename the character Gus and give him a quirky female sidekick while we're at it and just ripping apart everything that makes the character great.

Constantine without the smoking just isn't Constantine. It seems like such a silly thing to get upset over but it's just not the same man.

Truth be told, it will likely come off a some sort of Supernatural rip-off. Or worse, it could end up like the awful Dresden Files TV show.

I really wanted to see a good take on the Dangerous Habits story, which is one of my favourite out of any comic, but it seems very unlikely now.

And my already low amount of confidence in Snyder seems to get lower and lower each day.

I'm excited for Affleck's take, less so for Snyder. Slo-mo and Colour wash doesn't do it for me anymore.

I've watched all the episodes of Arrow in a week's time and it was awesome. It takes some time to get used to the characters and care about them, but the show has been pretty strong in a week by week basis. This new Flash TV Series promises to be a lot of fun, and I already like the casting, specially Barry Allen. The Flash should not be that muscled up dude like Oliver Queen, being a skinny ala Andrew Garfield guy is the right choice.

I've already got my hands on The Flash 1-12 so far of the New 52. Not sure what to expect, but I really dig the character and the super-power so what's the worse it can happen? I've also downloaded the entire 1990 TV Series of the same name. I'm watching the pilot and well, no pun intended, but it's way too rushed. The score bugs me and of course CGI wasn't exactly top notch, but they did spend more than one and a half million per episode, so that's something.

So should I get back into Arrow then? I watched for I want to see atleast half of the first season, probably more, and to be honest, it bored me to fucking tears. And I LOVE Green Arrow and his backstory. Something about it was just so...I don't know, it just felt like pretty actors playing roles on another CW melodrama. Alot of that has to do with my old fashioned views of what Arrow should look and act like. It also felt very slow at times. I don't know, people have told me it's been awesome since and they introduced the Suicide Squad which sounds rad but there's just something so glossy and vacuous about the type of shows CW produces that it just came off all wrong to me most of the time when I was watching. Some elements worked though.

Should I hop back into it?

I've been hearing great things about Arrow lately too. I gave up around the same point as you, it seems. I'm gonna be giving it a go in the next week or so now that Agents of SHIELD is done. Partly because of the good things I'm hearing, but also partly because the Flash looks cool and I want to see his cameo!

Arrow is great, it only gets better in season 2 and the development of characters in such a short amount of type is almost unheard of compared to other shows. All in all it may have a few of the same problems shows on the CW have (forced romance angles) but it you're a huge fan they really go all out in the second season and only seem to be expanding the universe in the next along with a spinoff.

I 've tried Arrow for pretty much nine weeks and I gave up (when it debuted). But I can tell you that by the 13th episode things get better and more characters are presented to you. To be honest The Huntress arc annoys me so much. It's bad, she's a bad actress and it was a bad backstory so I couldn't handle it - but as soon as she's gone and you start to get more of Felicity/Quentin/Tommy and of course the introduction of Red Hood it does get better (a lot). Also The Suicide Squad was awesome and Manu Bennett was a great addiction for the island arc.

Red Hood? Pretty sure he's not in the show, probably thinking of Roy, who was Speedy in teh comics before becoming Arsenal. Red Hood is Jason Todd, a Batman character, I doubt they bring him into the ARROW-verse.

Red Hood? Pretty sure he's not in the show, probably thinking of Roy, who was Speedy in teh comics before becoming Arsenal. Red Hood is Jason Todd, a Batman character, I doubt they bring him into the ARROW-verse.

Now that you mention him, it would be cool to have the old old Red Hood of Joker origins etc, in the new gotham show that's starting up!

Now that you mention him, it would be cool to have the old old Red Hood of Joker origins etc, in the new gotham show that's starting up!

Maybe if FOX doesn't do what they do best & cancel a show after one season maybe we could get that the Red Hood & Red Hood gang in season 2

Oh man, I got confused - I meant Red Arrow aka Speedy yes. I was thinking about watching the Batman movie with Red Hood (btw already watched it before coming here) and I simply wrote it down. My mistake really, sorry guys.

I love how they've switched it round from Superman v Batman to Batman v Superman.

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice"

Is it really so hard to just call it World's Finest? I mean I know it's all marketing but still.

I really don't think World's Finest is as much in the public sphere as Justice League is, and since this is building towards justice league, I guess that's to be front and centre.

Beside, World's Finest originally meant World's Finest Comics, not finest superheroes or anything.

I really don't think World's Finest is as much in the public sphere as Justice League is, and since this is building towards justice league, I guess that's to be front and centre.

Beside, World's Finest originally meant World's Finest Comics, not finest superheroes or anything.

I get why they're doing it, it just doesn't make it sound any better.

Is anyone else reading the new Magneto series? It's basically like The Punisher but for mutants. It's like they wrote it just for me.

Yeah I've only read the first issue so far but I enjoyed it quite a bit, have the rest out so far in my to-read pile. That and the new Moon Knight series are making my pull list more Marvel heavy than ever.

Aquaman in Batman v Superman Flips tables in sheer excitement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back