"The Brock Angle Award" for Rookie of the Year

Discussion in '2009 WZF Posters EOYA' started by IrishCanadian25, Nov 20, 2009.

?

Who Wins Rookie of the Year?

1. SavageTaker

2. The D-Man

3. Lord Sidious

4. Tenta

5. Phoenix

6. Dave

7. Lariat

8. INDYJon22

9. Razor

10. GuyCompton

11. CHDavid

12. Cowboyfromhell

13. Dewey

14. ForThoseAboutToDoc

15. GD

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. TM

Mr. TM Throwing a tantrum

I notice an alt voted for Lariat.

2. 48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You

I've never heard of half the voters in this poll. :disappointed:

3. Mr. TM

If they dont have a bold name, I dont really know them either.

4. The Dewbliners

The Dewbliners WZ's Whedonite. Now 20% Cooler

Anybody who feels like wasting their vote, feel free to vote for Dewey. Or, don't. He's won't win anyway...

5. Mr. TM

Dewey is like a Canadian. Vote for him.

6. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Getting Noticed By Management

For those who want me to vote, I don't pick favorites ok? :lmao:

I like just about everyone on here. :D

7. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

Even my best friend didn't vote for me. You gotta feel sorry for me. :lmao:

8. D-Man

D-Man Gone but never forgotten.

I'm done campaigning. If anyone has noticed, I haven't really been politicking for votes that much anymore. Jumping out to that early lead was enough for me. I'm completely happy and content with that. It just shows how many regulars on this site appreciate what I've done.

9. Mantaur Rodeo Clown

Mantaur Rodeo Clown X-Pac Rules

Seriously D-Man, who gives a fuck? You're a grown ass man and you're a damn nice guy. It's not like any of us will think lesser of you because you don't win. Honestly, why do you need to pander to idiots like us to get votes when you're clearly far, far better then that. I still think you're great.

Stay sassy.

10. D-Man

HAHAAHAHAHA thanks, MRC. Honestly, I appreciate that. And I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Let's face it, who doesn't like to get some kind of recognition from their peers? It feels good to win something, and if I win then great. But if not, I'm not about to jump off a bridge or anything.

And no one's gonna give two shits about these awards a month from now, so it's really not that important. However, I'll still be glad to accept anyone's votes ;)

11. Mantaur Rodeo Clown

Mantaur Rodeo Clown X-Pac Rules

I voted for Dave because he enjoys the Arctic Monkeys and sounds like Braveheart.

Sorry I couldn't get to you sooner.

12. D-Man

No biggie, man. Dave deservs it as much as the rest of us. He really gained my respect when I first battled him in a debate. Such a smart, great guy with tons of potential.

13. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

What the hell happened here!?

I had one vote yesterday... Thank you everyone.

14. D-Man

Don't be surprised, Dave... I haven't gotten a vote in the past 3 days. I don't know what the other guys are doing, but it's working LOL.

15. Dave

Dave Administrator

I didn't do anything. i saw the votes very early on and you and Tenta were running away with it. It didn't seem like doing any sort of campaigning was going to do anything, so I didn't.

16. D-Man

The other guys sure are. I admit, I've sent a few messages to people, but out of nowhere about 90 noobs started voting for ST and Lariat. Go figure LOL.

17. Dave

Dave Administrator

Aw, I see what has happened here. Either a lot of people have decided to vote for me in the last couple of days or something has happened behind the scenes. If the latter is the case, I would like to withdraw because I would hate to win something that i didn't deserve and I really don't want to be the cause of all of the drama.

18. D-Man

No no no no no... you deserve it. It's a fair race... anyone can vote and anyone can win. None of it maters when it's all over. If you want to see if you "deserve" it or not, I think it should be judged by who voted for you. Being that we've both on this forum for a while now, we should be able to weed out the regular member voters from the noobs.

19. Dave

Dave Administrator

I dunno. People who have more pull on the forum shouldn't have more influence on the voting. I suspect that I didn't deserve the votes and I don't particularly think that I deserve the award. i think I have done a lot of things this year and i have tried my best to be the best poster I can be but i would hate for the competition to be tainted over something like this. There is a lot of people who are perhaps more deserving than I am. Animosity has already been aimed towards me even though I have no idea why I have such an upsurge in votes.

20. D-Man

Really?? That's the first I heard about it. Just for the record, I'm not mad at all.

Once again, we need to realize that by winning here we're not winning a million dollars, nor are we going to have a 5ft trophy shipped to our houses. It's just a label that will stick with us for a few weeks, I'm guessing.

Do not, even for one second, doubt the fact that you deserve to win in this category. Many have said it already, you and I are part of an elite class. 2009 brought some of the strongest rookie posters to be compiled on any wrestling forum on the internet. You're a part of it all and are just as deserving as me, Tenta, Lariat, ST, GD and the rest of the guys in the list.

21. Dave

Dave Administrator

thanks, D-Man.

Those words mean a lot.

22. D-Man

It's true, bro. Everyone knows it. They may not say it enough but that's why I do... I'm just that type of person. I love to point out positive things about a person because everyone deserves to hear it every once in a while.

23. Tenta

Tenta The Shark Should've Worked in WCW

I think there should be alot said in saying that both of you are right, to some extent. Dave, you should easily be in this race, and it isn't even close, man. You are easily one of the best rookies to step up to the forefront. You deserve this award as much as anybody. Ever since your first day as Scotsman Dave, I could tell you had a gift, man. I knew you had the potential to a mod down the line, and lo and behold, here you are as we speak. I won't complain if you win this award, and I feel you deserve it, mate. I truly do.

having said that

There should be something said on these forums for voting, more or less, if you've seen all of the bodies of work available. The fact that someone joined three days ago, and put in a vote for someone, is a bit ridiculous to me. Then again, these are the rules, and I abide them. Doesn't mean I have to agree. I think if people want to vote, they should at least have a good experience within watching all of the nominees post. So while I'm all for as many votes as possible, I just think there should be something said for having votes from people who have been here year round, and have watched all of our posts

24. Tenta

Tenta The Shark Should've Worked in WCW

I don't hold any animosity towards you. I'm not sure who could. It's not you can ask for votes. Well, you could, but that's not the point. Point being, I can't hate for you getting votes, mate. I think you deserve them. Got no animosity from me, man, nor do I think from anyone else. You're one of the cooler guys here.

My animosity is towards those that vote without having even read half of the nominees. That's my only problem

25. CH David

CH David A Jock That Loves Pepsi

You all shutupa your faces. I should be ROTY and you all knows its.

I'm sorry. I just can't be a dick. Doesn't work with me. "Back into character"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.