• CHDavid

• Cowboyfromhell

• Dewey

• ForThoseAboutToDoc

• GD

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for The D-Man, simply because he deserves it.

From his consistent post in every wrestling section since he joined, to his great Bar Room stuff, to him making it to the Finals of the Debater's League, to just his passion for this forum... D-Man is flat out the top Rookie from this year's class.

^^ Sticking by this through and through.

Vote: D-Man
Reason(s): Above

I'm split between these:

ST: Love his sigs, love his name, love his posts.
Dave: Always entertaining.
The D-Man: Brings intelligence to any topic, and often is able to sway me in favor of his opinion after I read his posts.
Lord Sidious: A consistent presence with an educated opinion AND A FREAKIN' DARTH VADER AVATAR! Oh, and my first endorser on the site.
CHDavid: Kickass posts AND from Chitown like me :D
Doc: Official provider of my sigs.
Lariat: Brings the heat in EVERY topic he starts. Often able to finish arguments as well.
And last but not least, GD: Pretzels. Need I say more?

Sooooo who should get the official endorsement of The REAL Iron Chef?

I'm standing by my vote for SavageTaker. He's a really good wrestling poster, and is funny in the Bar. I won't debate against anyone voting for anyone else, as they all deserve it, but I need to rep TNA here...

No one should be shut out for this...

I think you should vote for me. I'm underrated. I'm so underrated, I don't get mentioned when people talk about underrated posters.

Vote: Tenta.
Tenta is an excellent poster, and has improved a thousand fold since he first came here. He is widespread and well-rounded, and a damn nice guy to boot.

Doc, seriously, are you trolling me? It seems that whenever I post in this thread you have a reply that's right behind mine and contradicting mine. It's kind of creepy.

For me, this is really between:

SavageTaker
Tenta
D-Man

ST is a fantastic poster who frequently offers astute opinions in a consistent and educated fashion. I personally agree with a lot of the things he has to say.

D-Man, I find to be a fantastic poster. It's just a shame I think almost everything that comes out of his mouth about wrestling is so blatantly wrong. He's very determined in debates and that is why I tip my head to him. We had a bitter series of posts back and forth some time ago, but I'm really surprised he hasn't engaged me since then.

Again, this is very difficult, but I am going to cast my vote for Tenta. The man is very intelligent and has a fantastic grasp of the wrestling business. His posts are are consistently high quality, with clear, concise, articulate, sound positions and justifications taken. He covers a wide range of topics, not just limited to current WWE topics, as well.

I feel he is unbiased and objective when making his cases for all things wrestling. He is not a blind WWE or TNA mark, who views things through the rose-colored glasses, or drinks the Kool-Aid.

I respect the time he puts forth in General Wrestling, as well as Wrestling Old School ... which are actually 2 areas where I would love to see a Mod assigned to in the near future.

The man has a fantastic personality (as does Savage Taker, too, btw) and I know has mentored several posters on here, which I greatly respect.

Tenta is not only active in wrestling sections, but spends his time across all the sections (also, to D-Man's credit, too).

Posters who ONLY start Threads, as opposed to posting in existing ones, are posters I find to be generally obnoxious, especially when they don't return to the threads they create .... as I feel these posters generally look simply for attention by having their name attached to a thread title.

Tenta, however, does a fine job balancing his time with regular posting, creating threads, and going back into the threads he creates to keep the discussion going.

My vote for Rookie of the 2009 Year is cast for Tenta.

For me, this is really between:

SavageTaker
Tenta
D-Man

D-Man, I find to be a fantastic poster. It's just a shame I think almost everything that comes out of his mouth about wrestling is so blatantly wrong. He's very determined in debates and that is why I tip my head to him. We had a bitter series of posts back and forth some time ago, but I'm really surprised he hasn't engaged me since then.

Speaking of trolls... (LOL)

I respect Sidious's words because, believe it or not, I take this as a major compliment. Especially from someone who genuinely doesn't like me but is still able to identify any talent that I have without being blinded by his personal opinions of me. I feel the exact same way about him. I may not like him, but I can't help but always compliment his posts and thinking pattern.

However, I would much rather you said that you disagree with my opinions than saying they are "blatently wrong." Considering the fact that neither you nor I are experts in this business and we are incapable of reading the minds of Vince McMahon and his creative team (despite what you think), neither of us can be guilty of anything except for having an opinion that the other doesn't agree with. So, I'll make a mental note and change your statement since it's completely out of line and incorrect.

And just to clear a few things up for everyone as it pertains to you, Sidious; I don't particularly enjoy engaging ANYONE on a negative level. I'm a very positive person and I actually get more person enjoyment out of paying compliments to others instead of breaking them down. That's where you and I differ mostly, but I'll never fault you for having that trait in your personality. You are who you are. And if you haven't noticed, I refuse to attack you unless you come at me first. Then I have no reservations about verbally defecating on you.

Lastly, I believe the thing that you and I disagree on the most is a positive versus a negative outlook on pro-wrestling. Now, I'm not saying that you're never positive, since that would be untrue. Out of around 20 posts, we tend to find a post or two with a little squeak of a positive thought in there from time to time. But once again, you and I have nothing more to offer the wrestling world than personal opinions. I'll say it again; No matter what you believe, you not an expert on anything that you say on this website, nor am I. Regardless, I am the opposite of you in the sense that my positive outlook on things tend to bring a lot of bias to the opinions that I portray through my posts. Sorry if you don't agree with them but I won't change my way of thinking, either.

You forgot someone, Sidious... ;)

Doc, you are the best at what you do with Graphics, my man. And you know that is your specialty ... and you are damn good at it. And if you noticed, I didn't leave you out in that category.

However, as you know, this is for BEST Overall Poster. Increase your post frequency and start getting into some serious debates with people ... while holding your ground and making good arguments ..... and I promise your "quality of post" ranking will increase in my eyes. And that isn't to take away from the fact that I consider you to be a very good poster. It's not like you are on the same level as INDYJon22, who finds troll posters amusing ... or anything.

But I do want to see you get into the Best of the Best poster category, at some point.

You have the tools. I just need to see some more debate from you with others.

Hmm! I wonder what Sid's thoughts on me are?

Care to divulge?

Two people, you and Tenta.

Out of the millions (AND MILLIONS) and milliions that talk about Shadow, JMT, Tasty, etc.

I'll have to work harder like Sid said. I think I'm doing well so far with my debates against Milk and Dave.

People, please start voting, or no one gets an award this year. If you've already voted, go ahead and keep on talking. But, there are quite a few of you who have been all talk and no vote.

You know, I voted Tenta earlier, I am going to withdraw that vote, and actually use it towards myself. Fuck it, why not. Tenta, Lariat, and D-Man are all known for their wrestling posts. Razor would have been voted for his Cigar Lounge posts. When you see me, I am posting all over the place on a fairly consistent basis, such as Dave and Phoenix. I may not have the knowledge of Old School like Tenta and Lariat, or the debating skills of D-Man, but I am a damn good poster if I do say so myself. The effort I put into my posts and threads when I think clearly about it, is very important to me. Take a look at some of my sports threads, I put some serious damn effort into the threads I start. I feel I deserve to at least be mentioned with the upper echelon of rookies this year, whether you feel I should or not.

This isn't a campaign message, just why I feel I am placing my vote for me.

Not sure if you noticed that Tdigs, so I am just clarifying. Voted myself.

Hmm! I wonder what Sid's thoughts on me are?

Care to divulge?

To be honest, I don't know you enough. I'm sure you spend a large amount of time in Wrestlezone Championship Wrestling, but I simply never really visit that part of the forums, and unfortunately don't see you enough ... or you simply don't stand out enough in the WWE Forum, where I spend about 96% of my time here.

Sorry, but just want to be truthful. :(

I'm split between these:

ST: Love his sigs, love his name, love his posts.
Dave: Always entertaining.
The D-Man: Brings intelligence to any topic, and often is able to sway me in favor of his opinion after I read his posts.
Lord Sidious: A consistent presence with an educated opinion AND A FREAKIN' DARTH VADER AVATAR! Oh, and my first endorser on the site.
CHDavid: Kickass posts AND from Chitown like me :D
Doc: Official provider of my sigs.
Lariat: Brings the heat in EVERY topic he starts. Often able to finish arguments as well.
And last but not least, GD: Pretzels. Need I say more?

Sooooo who should get the official endorsement of The REAL Iron Chef?

Vote for me and I'll give you a hot pretzel fresh outta the oven, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, my vote goes to Coco. The best out there and he didn't PM anybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back