The Best of Wrestlemania DVD

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
It is to be created by you, the WrestleZone Forums fan. Here are the rules. The WWE is creating a 3 Disc set, featuring only the very best of Wrestlemania's 25 year history. They need YOU to decide what will be on this DVD collection. The first Disc is already decided. It will be a story over the history of Wrestlemania. But, they need two discs full of matches and extras, and they've come to you to choose what will be on it.

The two DVDs that you get to create will be 3 hours long each, with an additional 20 minutes for "Extras" footage. Every match you select will come with a 5 minute introduction to the match, explaining the history and to build up the match. The WWE wants at least one match representing every five Wrestlemanias. So, for example, at least one match from Wrestlemania 1-5, one from 6-10, one from 11-15, one from 16-20, and one from 21-25. After that, you can fill the DVDs with whatever matches you want. Additionally, the WWE has given you the power to arrange the matches on the DVD in any order you want; it does not have to go in a chronological order. So, how do you create your two DVD discs?

The Rules Recapped:

1) Two Discs
2) 3 Hours per disc, with an additional 20 minutes for Extras per disc. The "Extras" footage can be interviews, promos, or even segments that lead up to WM matches. It can even be historically significant matches, if it isn't a great match (for instance, the first WM match ever). You may NOT put classic matches in Extras.
3) At least one match from every 5th Wrestlemania.
4) Each match will have a 5 minute introduction to the match.
5) Arrange the match order any way you want.
6) Give reasons why you select those matches.

You can find a list of match times on Wikipedia. So, go for it. Create The Best of Wrestlemania DVD!

Alright, I'll give it a go...

Disc one, (176.08)

WrestleMania III
Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant, for the WWF Championship. (18:01) This is the match that shot the WWF into the stratosphere. Hogan was already on the top of the WWF. It was this match that made Hulkamania. All through out the match Hogan had tried to slam Andre. It was at that point when he pick Andre up and turned him over that the Superstar that we know has Hulk Hogan was born. As he became the face of wrestling

WrestleMania X7
The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin for the WWF championship. No DQ(33.06) Arguably one of the greatest feuds off all time. Reached it's peak at WrestleMania as the two biggest stars of the attitude era put on a classic. On a Mania card that was suburb this match was noting short than a classic. In the end we saw Austin go over turning heel and joining force with his archenemy Vince McMahon. After what seem like an eternity of chair shots to The Rock.

WrestleMania VI
Hulk Hogan vs The Ultimate Warrior, WWF Championship vs Intercontinental Championship (27.51) This was the passing of the torch from the legend to the up and comer. This one of the classic face vs face match that we don't see anymore. Not so much a great technical match as it was for the moment. As it was two of greatest forces in the WWF colliding for the second straight Mania. In a match that saw The Warrior capturing the Title from Hogan, and becoming one of three men to hold the WWF and IC titles at the same time.

WrestleMania XXV
Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels (35.41) From one great face vs face match up to another. This was the match that everyone had been wanting to see. Two men that had been with the company for nearly two decades. Who had classic match before. Finally locked horns at the biggest dance of them all. This match was pure nostalgia. When these two men showed the rest of the world that they could still go. This match had many near endings. With Shawn Michaels kicking out of a tombstone, last ride, and a jokeslam. Before the Undertaker could put him away, and continue his undefeated streak.

WrestleMania X8
The Rock Vs "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan (21.23) One of everyone's dream match that actually happen. Many all through out the attitude era wonder what would happen in a match between these two. We were give this match, and give a treat. While it wasn't the greatest technical display this match is one everyone will remember. As it was Hogans return to Mania. After a 9 year absents. This was also his second lose at Mania as he fell to the great one. In front of one the loudest crowds I've ever heard.

WrestleMania XIII
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Bret "The Hitman" Hart, in a no DQ Submission match. (27.05)
As I started of this Disc with a match that launch Hulk Hogan into superstardom. I thought that it would be fitting to end the disc with the match that Made Austin a superstar. It was his feud with Bret Hart that brought Austin in to the fans eyes as a face. Each man preformed brilliantly in this match. It was a back in forth match which saw many submissions. Ending when The Hitman put on the sharpshooter. This gave us the image of the attitude era, Austin wearing the crimson mask screaming in pain. Austin never didn't tap out, but lost the match as he past out from the pain.

Extras:
This was an epic interview between The Rock and Austin Before their WrestleMania match. In which Austin told Rock he need to beat him.
[youtube]4RA6e9UrbrY[/youtube]

Just a great classic promo from Hogan and the Warrior building up to their match at WrestleMania 6
[youtube]j6kwOgsF3-o&feature[/youtube]

Disc 2. (169:7)
WrestleMania I
Hulk Hogan and Mr. T vs Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorf (18.13)
This was the one that saw it all. It was the first ever Mania. This was more of a star-studded event in which the Main Event was Hulk Hogan and Mr. T vs Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorf. It wasn't one of the greatest match ever put on, as it wasn't that great of a Maina, but. It was on this night that it all started.

WrestleMania III
Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat vs (c) Randy "The Macho Man" Savage, for the Intercontinental Championship (19.35)
This is one of the greatest match ever put on. In which we saw two great performer give us arguably the great match of either of there careers. This was the story of the come back of Steamboat. As he received a debilitating injury to his throat which caused him to be out of action for several months.(I can't remember the exact injury.) Steamboat was on a mission to get back at the Man who did this, Randy Savage. The story goes that both men were back stage and said, let's go put on the greatest wrestling match ever seen. That they as they captivated the audience around the world. It was a great match which was one by the Dragon.

WrestleMania XII
The Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels vs (c) Bret "The Hitman" Hart, for the WWF Championship (66.52)
On a dvd about the best of WrestleMania, how can you keep this off it. The Iron Man match between Shawn Micheals and Bret Hart. This is where we saw another priceless image of Mania, as HBK enter for the roof.

[youtube]geY_1nzT3-w[/youtube]
(note this is an extra)

It was the story of the boyhood dream in this match. For 60 minutes Shawn Michaels had a chance to win it. In match that was back and forth neither man could get a pin fall. After 60 minutes with no pin falls it looked as if the boyhood dream of Shawn's had slipped through his fingers. Until the match was order to restart at what point HBK hit sweet chin music for the 1-2-3. Winning the WWF Championship.

WrestleMania V
"The Macho Man" Randy Savage vs Hulk Hogan for the WWF Championship in the clash between the Mega Powers (22.54)

[youtube]yIjhPDp9Dmo[/youtube]
(Note: this is another extra)

This is one of the greatest year long feuds that came to a head at Mania. As Mega powers collided. This was one of best story's that was ever told, back when they actually took time with one. It all began a year earlier at WrestleMania 4. When the Macho Man won the title. From there the Mega Forces became a tag team that beat anyone that they would face. In which time Savage became jealous of Hogan. Which lead to their epic encounter at Mania. End the end It was the Hulkster and Hulkamania that came out on top of the The Madness. In this classic Mania match up.

WrestleMania XXI
The Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle (32.25)
This was one of the greatest match that has ever been put on in wrestling simply. It all started when Kurt threw Hbk over the top rope at the Royal Rumble. Then challenged him to a match at WrestleMania. This was an amazing match between to of best wrestlers to ever step foot in the ring. This match had everything that you wanted from a match and more. As HBK stole the show again at Mania, this time though on the losing end. As Angle made Shawn tap out in the Ankle lock.

Extras:
Steamboat's injury
[youtube]BoRxAL01TcE[/youtube]

Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels promo
[youtube]zn3HgdyJiag[/youtube]

That's all I got, tell me what you think?

I gotta say... Big Bubba really hit the money with his selections. His whole selection is almost perfect in my eyes. However, there are some changes I would make. Follow me:

I would remove the match from WM1 with Hogan/Mr. T vs. Piper and Orndorf.
Why? First, I understand the nostalgia of it being the first WM main event and such, but the match itself was kinda lacking even for its time. Vince wanted to make the grandest wrestling event of all time and the first WM was just big enough of a success to keep the trend going. This as the main event just didn't do it for me, even by the standards back in the mid 80's.
I would remove this match and insert TLC 2 from WM17. This is one of the greatest spectacles we have ever seen. The sickest spots ever but they all seemed to flow so smoothly that it is yet to be recreated... and it probably won't be recreated ever. That match was almost perfect by every stretch of the word. I would go out on a limb and say this match ARGUABLY single-handedly defined the Attitude era and what it was all about. Plus, there were already 4 matches involving Hogan that Big Bubba selected. Every one of them was deserving, but the one in the first WM... it holds no candle at all to TLC 2... especially since it's swapping tag match for "tag match." After all... this is a BEST OF WRESTLEMANIA set. Not a "most nostalgic WM set."

For this I'll probably catch a little flack. The other removal on my part would be to remove the Ironman Match between HBK and Bret Hart. This is definately one of the best matches of all time. But just for the sake of it being included on a "Best Of..." set, and DVDs are only so long, it's too lengthy. That is the ONLY reason I am removing this match in my selection. But I'll add a match of each superstar in its place.

First, I would replace this match with HBK/Flair from WM24. I removed one emotional HBK match, and added another one...and to some, a more emotional one...if not the most emotional match in WM history. You knew what was going to happen, but to hear and see those fans (and everybody watching live where I was during this match) still getting behind Flair, and still somehow... maybe... a glimmer of hope would shine through and Flair would come out victorious. You could feel the fans in the Citrus Bowl at home during this match and you could feel the emotions Flair and HBK were feeling at that time as well. This match made people cheer, it made people cry, and at least where I was, it made us at home stand up and applaud the amazing career of Ric Flair.

I would also add Bret/Owen at WM10. Best opening match in WM history IMO. Great technical wrestling, great storytelling, brother vs. brother, still an amazing match to this day. And the part that you look back and enjoy the best is still the fact that Owen went over Bret clean. It still shocks me to this day. It was just great, amazing, back and forth action that I also remember watching live from a hotel room with my dad, my friend on my t-ball team, and his dad. We went because we couldn't get PPV in the town we lived so we got to watch it in a hotel room out of town. It was the first WM I watched live, and Bret/Owen was the first live WM I ever saw. So maybe I'm slightly biased towards it, but I believe it was the best first WM match you could ever see.

Good choices by both of yous... I'm not gonna make one huge thread out of this i'm just gonna make this short and sweet...

Disk 2 :
Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant WM 3, of course you need that match thats what made wrestling what it is today and that's what made Wrestlemania and Hulkamania as popular as it is..

Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior WM 6 First ever title vs title to headline Wrestlemania and two huge Faces wrestling each other with an amazing and shocking ending.

Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ultimate Warrior WM 7 Retirement match.. Great match, Warrior gets up from 5 Elbow drops in a row and beats Savage, Great aftermath and very emotional with Elizabeth coming to save Macho Man from Sherri turning on him, Which makes Macho Man a face. Never will forget that match or ending.

Shawn Michaels vs Razor Romon WM 10 First ever televised Ladder Match and what made HBK what he is today, also made Ladder matches as what it is today.. Amazing match, back and forth entertainment all throughout the match.

HBK vs Bret Hart WM 12 Def. one of the best matches in WM history if not the best... Period.

Disk 3:
Undertaker vs Kane WM 14 First ever match between Undertaker and his long lost brother Kane, Great match with Kane kicking out from Tombstones in a row then Taker finally defeats him with 3 Tombstones. Match had a lot of hype built up too.

Hulk Hogan vs The Rock WM 18 Would of been my fav WM match of all time if Hulk Hogan had won, The crowd was into Hogan who played a heel and Boo's the hell out of the Rock who played the Face... Also first time ever Hulk Hogan had Hulked Up as a heel. Crowd was amazing and Actually was a real good match even with Hulk Hogan in it, Hulk hitting the Rock Bottom on the Rock was great and he did it way better then the Rock... Aftermath was great with Hulk turning face and doin his Famous pose for the Crowd like it was the Hulkamania days in the early 90's.

Bret Hart vs Stone Cold WM 13 Great match all together which ended in Austin turning Face and Bret turning heel, this match is what made Austin the toughest S.O.B. to ever step in the ring and made him the Rattlesnake and who he is today.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match WM 22 This was my fav MITB ladder match, non stop entertainment and ended with RVD winning which made everyone happy cuz who doesn't like R...V...D?!

Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker WM 25 Best match I have ever seen in my entire life of watching wrestling and I been watching wrestling since 1986. Even the crowd was chanting "This is Awesome!"

Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair WM 24 Was really impressed how good this match was considering Flair was in it... But it made my list...

John Cena vs Triple H WM 22 Triple H was the heel and got Cheered like Hogan did when he faced the Rock and Cena got boo'd and he was the Face.. This match is what started the fans to always Boo Cena no matter who he fought.. Great match too except I wanted to see HHH win...

Thats my list, I wanted to put HBK vs Angle, HBK vs Jericho, HBK vs Vince McMahon but i already put a lot of HBK matches in there... Damn.. That just tell you the Shawn Michaels really is "MR WRESTLEMANIA"!!!!!!!

Disc One

Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage for the Intercontinental Title (WM III- 14:35)
This was one of the best matches I've seen from both Steamboat and Savage. The emotion was off the charts and this match was fought over a title that was highly prestegious back then and it ranks as one of the best Wrestlemania matches ever.

Ultimate Warrior vs. Randy Savage in a Retirement Match (WM 7- 20:48)
This match would be remembered for Savage giving five consecutive elbow drops to Warrior and still he couldn't pin him. After Savage lost the match, Sherri was berating until Elizabeth came rushing to Savage's aid and reunited which was one of the most emotional moments in Wrestlemania history.

Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart (WM 10- 20:21)
This started at Survivor Series 1993 and culminated in a great match at WM 10. You can tell during the match that Owen tried to prove he was better than Bret and with a surprising pin, he beat his older brother.

Diesel vs. Shawn Michaels for the WWF Championship (WM 11- 20:35)
Former best friends turned enemies in what was a great match. Sid played a major role in which he distracted the referee which in turn couldn't secured the victory for HBK. Diesel won the match and proved for one night he was better than Shawn.

Edge & Christian vs. Dudley Boyz vs. Hardy Boyz for the WWF Tag Team Championship in a Triangle Ladder Match (WM 16- 22:29)
This would be the precursor to the first TLC match at Summerslam. This match showed why these tag teams were the best of their generation. A fast paced match which ended in a win for Edge and Christian winning their first tag team titles.

Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle for the WWE Championship (WM 19- 21:04)
Lesnar was looking for his second title and he was going to get it against one of the best WWE had to offer in Angle. Two great competitors with amateur backgrounds battled each other in one of the best Wrestlemania matches this decade.

Chris Benoit vs. HHH vs. HBK for the World Heavyweight Championship (WM 20- 25:10)
This was an 18-year journey for Benoit as he fought two great wrestlers in HHH and HBK to win his first world title. The crowd was excited the whole way through and after his victory, he celebrated in the ring with his best friend Eddie Guerrero who retained the WWE Title earlier that night.

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton (WM 21- 14:14)
This was the battle between "The Legend Killer" and "The Phenom". Orton looked to end the Undertaker's undefeated streak and cement himself as one of the best superstars today. This was one of the matches that could have potentially ended the streak but the Deadman came out victorious in what was a superb battle.

Extras
This was the contract signing between Undertaker and Randy Orton for WM 21- 9:31
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/42O92NrO32c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/42O92NrO32c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This is the promo before the WM 10 match between Bret and Owen Hart- 2:21
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MAvz4ApjA5o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MAvz4ApjA5o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This is the promo of the triple threat match at WM 20- 4:02
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rl31BHGgq-Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rl31BHGgq-Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Total Time- 2:55:10

Disc Two

Demolition vs. Strike Force for the WWF Tag Team Championship (WM 4- 12:33)
One of the best tag team matches in Wrestlemania history. This marked the beginning of the longest tag team title reign in wrestling history by Demolition.

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage for the WWF Championship (WM 5- 17:54)
Miss Elizabeth was the central focus of this match besides the title and both Hogan and Savage laid it all out on the line with a great win by Hogan gaining his second world championship.

Razor Ramon vs. HBK in a Ladder Match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship (WM 10- 18:47)
One of the first ladder matches and both competitors did not disappoint. Ramon and HBK worked great together and this will go down as maybe the best ladder match in wrestling history.

Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin in a Submission Match (WM 13- 22:05)
This was the arrival of Stone Cold in my eyes. He and Hart hated each other and it showed throughout the match. Austin in the Sharpshooter with blood dripping down his face showed the passion and determination to not tap out.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. HBK for the WWF Championship (WM 14- 20:02)
Quite simply, this was the beginning of what was to be known as the Attitude Era. HBK gave one of the most courageous performances with him wrestling with a back injury that would put him out for four years.

Hulk Hogan vs. Vince McMahon in a Street Fight (WM 19- 20:48)
One of the best storylines going into a match in Wrestlemania history. The dispute over who created Hulkmania and Vince holding a grudge because Hogan almost put him out of business. Great performance by both guys and nobody could have asked for more.

Undertaker vs. Kane (WM 20- 7:45)
The return of the Phenom in what could be the best Wrestlemania entrance ever. Taker sought to take down his brother who buried him alive at Survivor Series 2003 and he did just that. Paul Bearer by his side was just icing on the cake.

Batista vs. HHH for the World Heavyweight Championship (WM 21- 21:34)
Former partners in Evolution face off in the defining match for Batista. He showed that he could face the best in the business and beat him.

Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James for the WWE Women's Championship (WM 22- 8:48)
A great feud between a veteran and a rookie culminating in Trish Stratus's best match ever. Mickie showed that she had what it took to hang with the best and captured her first women's championship.

Extras

This raw segments features Mike Tyson joining DX before Wrestlemania 14- 8:26
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0zRIKiuOi-k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0zRIKiuOi-k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The promo of Undertaker and Kane from Wrestlemania 20- 3:02
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4O0klpoKFBg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4O0klpoKFBg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This is the promo of Hogan and Savage from Wrestlemania 5- 3:32
[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yIjhPDp9Dmo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yIjhPDp9Dmo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This is the Hogan/McMahon promo before Wrestlemania 19- 2:38
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EY4ENDZf724&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EY4ENDZf724&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Total Time- 2:46:54

Disc Two (From WrestleMania - WrestleMania XII)

1. Where it all began (0.00)

5 minute promo about WrestleMania 1

Tito Santana vs The Executioner (WrestleMania 1)

Santana was a WrestleMania staple, and I think he wrestled the first 9 or something, which obviously makes him a part of this storied history. The fact that this was the first ever WrestleMania match obviously gives it relevance as a good place to start, and the fact that it was short also means that it doens't matter if its shit.

Celebrity involvement (9.50)

A 5 minute promo about the importance that celebrities had on the earlier WrestleManias, with a token appearence by Mr T.

20 Man Battle Royal (WrestleMania 2)

I chose this match because it is essentially the best of a bad bunch. My idea for this DVD is to chronicle the importance of WrestleMania throughout the ages, and celebrity involvement certainly is an important aspect. Most of these matches are abysmal, so they don't make it onto the card, but this is the best of a bad bunch early on, not least because it has 6 celebrities actually competing

The greatest wrestling show on earth(24:03)

5 minute promo about how the great wrestling could sell as well as the celebrities.

Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Savage (WrestleMania III)

How could I not include this. Quite simply the best WrestleMania match of all time, and maybe the best ever, and it should go on every WWE DVD going. Even the greatest ever table matches. This is a masterclass in wrestling, and it is proof that these two men are two of the greatest workers of all time.

The greatest show on earth (43:38)

5 minute promo about how something else at WrestleMania went above and beyond simple wrestling and provided one of the most iconic images of the 1980s.

Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III)

This match put WrestleMania on the map. Without it, WrestleMania wouldn't have become the spectacle that it has. This feud really drove wrestling into the mainstream,and however many people were there that night, they were absolutely on the edge of their seats. This match made WrestleMania special.

The biggest stars (1:00:39)

5 minute promo about how the biggest stars come together at WrestleMania, notably the Mega Powers

Ted DiBiase vs Randy Savage (WrestleMania IV)

I included this because in itself it is a very good match. Also, I included it because I felt that the Mega Powers were an essential and important part of WrestleMania. Both men would provide show stopping matches for the first few shows, and this match is what started it all.

The aura of Hulk Hogan (1:15:06)

A 5 minute promo talking about the importance of Hulk Hogan and how he made WrestleMania his, by winning and defending the title thereso many times.

Randy Savage vs Hulk Hogan (WrestleMania V)

The Mega Powers exploding is one of the all time great Wrestling storylines, and the way it panned out was riveting. To that end, I've put it in the extas section, because I wanted a segment devoted to Hulk Hogan and this seemed like the most fitting match to use for that purpose.

The end of an era (1:38:00)

A 5 minute promo about how the time had come for Hogan to be ousted from his spot, and how the Ultimate Warrior was the man to do it.

Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior (WrestleMania VI)

This match may not be a technical masterclass, but I don't think I've ever see an audience be so undecided as to who they want to win and so excited about a match. Warrior and Hogan absolutely made this the most tense and gripping WrestleMania match for those in attendance.

New stars made (2:05:51)

A 5 minute promo about how a good match at WrestleMania can really announce that a wrestler has arrived in the business.

Bret Hart vs Rowdy Roddy Piper (WrestleMania VIII)

A match that really showcased a changing of the guard, with the young Hart beating the older Piper. This match is quite underrated, and I think it is ultimately what got Hart over as a singles competitor. It wasn't long after that he became WWF champion, and I think his performance here was important in that decision.

Expect the unexpected (2:24:41)

A 5 minute promo about how anything can happen at WrestleMania

Bret Hart vs Yokozuna (WrestleMania IX)

followed by

Hulk Hogan vs Yokozuna (WrestleMania IX)

This match wasn't that good, but in a roundabout way it announced Hart as a main eventer and it was Hogan's last hurrah. This match, although having the outcomes the wrong way around signified the dawn of a new generation, and the steroid free hogan showed that he didn't really fit in anymore.

Taking it up a level (2:40:43)

A promo about the risks superstars are willing to take to reach the higher echelons of competion

Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon (WrestleMania X)

I just think that this is really entertaining, and it introduced the ladder match to the wider audience. This is important, because the ladder match is probably the gimmick that has given us the best matches over the years. It also is where HBK made a WrestleMania name for himself.

Total time 3:04:30 (a bit over, I'll make up for it later)

Extras:

Mega Powers Exploding (00:00)

Warrior being weird (3:12)

Yokozuna being first Royal Rumble winner to get to main event WrestleMania (5:50)

10 minutes of iron man match highlights from WrestleMania XII (6:20)

(obviously better than this)

Total time: 16:20

Disc 3 tomorrow.

Disc 2:

Wrestlemania I
Mr. T/Hulk Hogan vs. Paul Orndorf/Roddy Piper
The very first main event at a Wrestlemania! Need I say more? Really that's the only reason I'm putting it on here.

Wrestlemania II
Battle Royal won by Andre the Giant
I, like Tastycles, have deemed this the best of bad bunch.

Wrestlemania III
Intercontinental Championship Match
Ricky the Dragon vs. Macho Man Randy Savage 14:35

Poissibly one of the greatest matches of all-time. Truly, the very definition of athleticism. How could this not be on the History of Wrestlemania DVD?

Wrestlemania III
Andre the Giant vs. Hulk Hogan 18:01

Arguably one of the greatest matches of all time. The match that started it all and revolutionized the wrestling business. This is a match that everyone, especially those not as familiar with Wrestlemania and wrestling history are concerned, needs to see. Hogan slamming Andre will go down in the books as one of the greatest moments in wrestling.

Wrestlemania IV
WWE Championship Tournament Finals
The Macho Man Randy Savage vs. The Million Dollar Man 9:27

Classic battle between two greats. The Million Dollar man for months had been trying to buy the WWE title from Hulk Hogan, who repeatedly refused. Then Hogan was defeated by Andre the Giant and immediately Andre handed the title over to DiBiase, who had apparently paid off Andre. WWE President Jack Tunney immediately declared the title vacant and thus the WWE title tournament at Wrestlemania IV was born, this is the final round.

Wrestlemania V
Intercontinental Championship
Ravishing Rick Rude vs. The Ultimate Warrior 9:36

One of my personal all-time favorites in Rick Rude was challenging the indestructible Ultimate Warrior for his Intercontinental title. Pretty solid match for it being the Ultimate Warrior, great finish.

Wrestlemania VI
Intercontinental/World Championship Match
The Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan 27:51

Title for title! Probably one of the biggest 'Mania main events up to this point. Here we saw Hogan "pass the torch" to the Warrior. Legendary match that even the most skeptic of IWCers, I think, can agree with. Needs to be on this DVD. The electricity in the crowd and in the ring is unforgettable.

Wrestlemania VII
Blindfold Match
Jake the Snake Roberts vs. The Model Rick Martel 08:34

A lot of people don't really like this match, but I do. Maybe more for sentimental reasons than anything. But I find this to be a pretty unique match with a really cool story behind it, make it Wrestlemania worthy. The Model had sprayed his arrogance in Jake's eyes blinding him. Thus, the blindfold match was born.

Wrestlemania VIII
Intercontinental Championship
Bret The Hitman Hart vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper 13:50

Probably one of my favorite matches ever at Wrestlemania, a sheer classic. Here we saw Piper at the top of his game defending the IC strap against the up and coming Hitman in a classic, back and forth battle. It's all blood, sweat, and tears in this one.

Wrestlemania VIII
WWE Championship Match
Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair 18:05

Probably one of the most underrated title matches from a Wrestlemania, and I'll never know why. These two made magic happen that night, and this match would definitely have to be on there. The feud going into this one was legendary, and it all culminates in the ring for the title!

Wrestlemania X
Brother vs. Brother
Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart 20:21

Fantastic technical match here. The feud and build up to this priceless. You have the younger brother of Bret "The Hitman" Hart, the guy who's done it all in the wrestling business. And you have "the shadow," "The Rocket" Owen Hart. Owen's been complaining for months that Bret gets all the attention, but when's it gonna be Owen's turn? A few months before Owen turned on his brother in a tag team title match at the Royal Rumble, and it's all about to go down at Wrestlemania X!

Wrestlemania X
Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon 18:47

A classic feud, and a legendary match. The one that started it all. Some say the Heartbreak Kid has been an innovator in the wrestling business, and this match is a big part of it. Several months prior to this HBK was suspended and stripped of the IC strap, and Razor won it following a battle royal. When Michaels was reinstated however, he came back with his own Intercontinental title.. The feud would lead up to Wrestlemania X in a ladder match to decide who was truly the Intercontinental champion.

Wrestlemania XII
60 Minute Iron Man Match for the WWE Championship
Shawn Michaels vs. Bret the Hitman Hart

Probably one of the most important matches in wrestling history, let alone Wrestlemania's.

Disc 3:

Wrestlemania XIII
I-Quit Match
Bret the Hitman Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin 22:05

The match that birthed one of the most legendary superstars to date, Stone Cold Steve Austin. These two guys absolutely hated eachother, from Austin costing Bret a shot at the WWE title at Wrestlemania to Austin claiming he's just a tougher s.o.b than the legend himself, the Hitman.

Wrestlemania XIV
Brother vs. Brother
Kane vs. The Undertaker 16:58

For months we'd heard about the infamous brother of the legendary Undertaker, but we hadn't seen him, until he cost the Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell at Badd Blood '97 against Shawn Michaels. That was when we first met the monster that came to be known as Kane. For months these two went back and forth, never actually setting inside a ring for a match, until one day it seemed they had reconciled their differences.. Until, Kane cost the Undertaker the WWE title in a Casket Match against Shawn Michaels, locking him inside the casket and setting it on fire, watching it burn! It would be at Wrestlemania XIV when we saw these two finally go head to head.

Wrestlemania XIV
WWE Championship Match
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels 20:02

Stone Cold at this point is now the toughest S.O.B. in the WWE and he's gunning for Michaels' title. Having just won his second Royal Rumble in January, Stone Cold is on a mission to take Michaels, and D-Generation X out! This match is legendary because we all knew it to be HBK's last match before major back surgery that kept him out of action nearly 5 years, and almost retired him. The action that goes on in this match makes me cringe for HBK every time.

Wrestlemania 2000 aka Wrestlemania XVI
The First TLC Match for the Tag Team Titles
The Dudley Boys vs. Edge and Christian vs. The Hardy Boys
Simply a classic brawl in this one. The birth of the TLC match as we know it. A must have for the 'Mania collection.

Wrestlemania XVII 18:17
The Undertaker vs. Triple H

At this point in time Triple H feels he's done it all in Wrestling and he deserves a shot at the title at Wrestlemania. He's beaten everyone.. Except the Undertaker. This is one of my personal favorites for several reasons. This is probably the first time I ever saw Triple H take a major bump. And I love to watch the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Wrestlemania XVII
WWE Championship Match
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock 28:06

Austin had just won his 3rd Royal Rumble just months prior to this! In what has been arguably one of the greatest feuds of all time, the Rock defends his coveted WWE championship in arguably one of the greatest matches of all time at Wrestlemania XVII! And the ending, well the ending should speak for itself! It's probably one of the greatest swerves since Hogan joined the nWo.

Wrestlemania XVIII
Icon vs. Icon
Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock 16:23

This is a must have on this DVD, because it's the first time ever where an icon from one generation takes on an icon from another, almost two generations apart. Classic battle here, and the crowd was electric for this one [no pun intended.]

Wrestlemania XIX
Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho 22:33

One of my favorite matches of all-time here. A classic, catch as catch can style match up. Jericho plays the heel in this one, and he's looked up to Michaels his entire life.. Until now. Now, he wants to show the WWE that he's better than Mr. Wrestlemania, in fact, he wants to destroy The Heartbreak Kid.

Wrestlemania XX
Chris Jericho vs. Christian 14:52

Prett cool, fast paced match here between two bright up and comers. The feud begin after Trish Stratus who was originally aligned with Chris Jericho turned on him and joined forces with Christian, these two former buddies would go on to Wrestlemania to settle the score.

Wrestlemania XX
World Heavyweight Championship Triple Threat Match
Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H 25:10

This is hands down is my favorite match of all time. Three of my favorite wrestlers ever in this one, and the athleticism is second to none. These guys took each other to the limit, and the ending is pure magic.

Wrestlemania XXI
Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero 12:39

I put this one on here because it symbolizes two great competitors, albeit not their best match together, but a great one none the less, and on "the grandest stage of them all."

Wrestlemania XXI
The very first Money in the Bank Ladder match won by Edge 15:17
This was a unique match which has been relived at every Wrestlemania since. Usually, a six man, every man for himself, ladder match where the winner would go on to face a World champion of his choice, whenever he wished.

Wrestlemania XXI
Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels 27:25

Another classic battle between two classic athletes. Just an old school style grudge match. I don't really know how to explain this one, just something any wrestling fan has got to see.

Wrestlemania XXIV
Career Threatening Match
Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels 20:23

Another classic, and another personal favorite of mine. Brilliant wrestling on the part of both guys here. Truly two legends going at it. Truly the send off that Ric Flair deserved.

Wrestlemania XXV
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels 30:41

Two words: "Instant" and "Classic" The Undertaker's infamous 'Mania streak on the line against Mr. Wrestlemania himself, the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels. Michaels thinks he's the one to dethrone the Dead Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back