WCW DVD compilations?

i want a best of the cruiserweights(WCW,ECW,WWE/F)dvd, with commentary from the wrestlers(the WWE has a good portion of those who came from ECW and WCW)

I would love to get the classics that had matches between, Flair, Horseman, Sting, Luger, Steamboat, Road Warriors, Midnight Express, Steiners, Dusty and Dustin Rhodes, Vader, Terry Funk, Barry Windham, Ron Simmons, Rick Rude, Steve Austin, and Brian Pillman.
Then they should do the era after Hogan came: Hogan, Savage, Sting, Flair, Nash, Hall, Giant(Big Show), DDP, Buff bagwell, Steiners, Benoit, Eddie, Rey, Dean Malenko, Harlem Heat, and Goldberg. There's way to many good matches to name!
Hell I'd even watch the shitty stuff, like the jake robert's/Sting Texas Glove Match, the dustin rhodes vs ? in the back of a semi, even the old Dungeon of Doom thing!
You all know you wanna see it again, even for just a laugh!

Does anyone know if WWE Home Video will release a 2 or 3 disc dvd set about the history of WCW including classic matches and stuff?

Thanks.

It would have to be at least a four disc set to cover everything. But I think that they are slowly covering all the WCW bits in regards to HoFers in their individual DVDs.

You would think WWE would come out with a Rise and Fall of WCW DVD set. Afterall they did it with ECW. I would love it if they released a 4-disc set, that included some of their greatest matches from Nitro,Thunder, Clash of the Champions, and PPV.

Plus I wish they would offer some of their bigger PPVs on dvd. I would love it if they released Bash at the Beach '96 or Starcade '98 on dvd. What they could do is create a subsite of wwe.com(ie, www.wwe.com/createyourowndvd.com), where we the fans could go and order any wcw,ecw or other ppvs we want, and pick the extras we want to go on it. Then they could create our personalized dvd and sell it to us. They could make a lot of money if they did this. What do you think?

I don't mean to be an asshole, but did chesswiz77 just say "some of the greatest matches from Thunder"...? When did Thunder ever have a good match...ever? Almost as bad as WCW Worldwide.

WWE will probably never do it. Vince hates WCW & everything about it. He would hate to bring their name back into the spotlight, because he doesn't want people to refer to wrestling in jokes or whatever as WCW. He brought back ECW because it wasn't even as close to as big as WCW. People in the entertainment industry new WCW, but probably not ECW. A WCW will likely never happen anytime soon. If it was going to, it probably would have been when Eric Bischoff was around.

I don't mean to be an asshole, but did chesswiz77 just say "some of the greatest matches from Thunder"...? When did Thunder ever have a good match...ever? Almost as bad as WCW Worldwide.

I agree, Thunder wasn't nearly as good as Nitro. My point however was that WWE should reach into their entire WCW video libraray,which includes Nitro, Thunder, Clash of the Champions and PPV; when assembling the Rise and fall of WCW.

I think this could actually happen. WWE has to make up for lost revenue(ie, lower ppv buyrates), and what better way than to take advantage of their vast video library.

IMO, vince will never...eeeeever make wcw set...he destroyed wcw, and took pleasure in it...i think they should come out with a best of goldberg dvd...he held wcw up for the last few years of its existence..

oh, and thunder was horrible

IMO, vince will never...eeeeever make wcw set...he destroyed wcw, and took pleasure in it...i think they should come out with a best of goldberg dvd...he held wcw up for the last few years of its existence..

oh, and thunder was horrible

best of goldberg i dont thing so

1.most of his matches were short and rubbish

2. he wouldnt wanna be involved so it would be ultimate warrior allover again

3.unless he gets into hall of fame he wnt get anything about him

I agree there should be a DVD. I miss WCW and have been watching old videos on yourtube. What happened to the "Best of Starrcade" DVD.

I think that a WCW DVD is possible...if the WWE didn't want the name of WCW out with their product, why would they have ever brought Bischoff in as the GM of Raw role? Why would they have plugged Bischoff's book so much? Not to mention, it's not like WCW is some long lost secret that has been buried in the dark for ages....it's still relatively fresh in wrestling history. I think that a WCW DVD, or many DVDs, would be a great product release. The thing about WWE is, much like any business, they do what makes themselves the most money and realeasing WCW products would do just that. I'm not really sure how anyone could think that by putting out old WCW product could cause the WWE to stumble in ratings, buyrates, merchandise, etc.

I think a Rise and Fall of WCW DVD would be awesome if it was produced in the same manner as the ECW DVD. Also, it would be nice if they were to release several "Best of..." DVDs for PPVs & Nitro.

I think we're all in agreement that Thunder was pretty much the worst thing ever....it's like putting Heat (or Velocity when it still existed) in a coveted primetime slot and then actually wondering why it sucks.

I dont think we'll ever get a WCW dvd. I would love to have one but Vince is never gunna let that happen. Guess i'll just have to stick to torrents.

If Vince released WCW DVDs, I may buy them. However, they'd be tarnished by Vince's bias towards WCW, much like the NWO DVD. Also, when Vince re-released WM6, he had Ventura's commentary edited out, so he isn't even beyond re-writing his own promotion's history.

Man if u want a Sting dvd then go to ShopTNA.com and buy Sting:Return of an icon

but be more school in there dvd collection....sting and his fued with flair and the horsemen (ie blk scropion)....then hulk and kevin with his dungoen of doom .....dusty rodes and fued with entire stroylines with flair and windhams. those were great old school fueds and strolines of the late 80's and 90's.

Vince will never do it,for the simple fact he doesn't want fans to see that there was actually a wrestling show out there that was better than Raw.

I feel like the reason there was a ECW DVD and the reason ECW's history seems to be acknowledged more is because Vince helped ECW back then, Vince thought it was a valid brand and helped fund it, helped by putting them on Raw, and even let their talent appear in ECW. I think Vince enjoyed ECW, and enjoyed receiving Mick Foley and others from it.

WCW however was the absolute competition. While I agree there was some great stuff that went on in WCW, there was also some stinkers. Basically from the 80s and the NWA to probably 1999/2000 I feel WCW was pretty good, and had some good feuds. Their early 90s were a little stinky as well, but still. I just don't see Vince putting out a WCW dvd.

I feel like with every DVD they put out there's a WCW match or two on there if the guy was in WCW, so that is acknowledging it. I haven't seen Benoit's or Eddie's DVDs, but I have looked at the match list and theres some good WCW stuff on there. I would imagine there will be more of this in the future, and perhaps they will put out a "best of Jericho" or a "best of Nitro" or whatever. I would definitely like to check it out.

SPEAKING of Jericho - Someone asked earlier when Rey got unmasked. I don't know for a fact about this, but I'm pretty sure that Rey never wrestled Jericho in a hair vs. mask match - because Jericho never got his head shaved, and because Rey lost his mask at SuperBrawl IX in 1999 in either San Francisco or Oakland in a tag team match w/ Konnan vs. The Outsiders. I just watched it recently on tape, and it was pretty entertaining, and monumental. Kevin Nash was really great.

I feel like the WWE is accepting the older WCW stars, like Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, so perhaps that's on the way. The Flair & Horsemen DVD is coming out, and that's definitely going to add to the amount of WCW/NWA matches available. And as for Sting, I'd imagine if he's smart - when he really retires, he should come to WWE not as a wrestler, but similar to the role of Dusty now, or Ron Simmons, IRS, as a road agent or just an onscreen personality from time to time so he can acknowledge his past to the wrestling world. Get him on those Legends discussions, get him in the Hall of Fame. But the only way that'll happen is if he comes to WWE in some capacity. That's the only way I bet we'd see a "best of Sting" DVD. While he's working for TNA I guarantee there's "NO CHANCE IN HELL" Vince would want to put out a best of DVD highlighting one of TNA's biggest stars.

BTW - Why doesn't everyone get WWE 24/7 ??? They play WCW on there. I think WWE 24/7 is amazing for a wrestling fan. Granted, there's not a PLETHORA of WCW on there, they do play Nitros and PPV events. In the last few months I remember them playing Mayhem 99, Halloween Havoc 92, Halloween Havoc 99, BattleBowl 93 and I feel like there was another one. Plus they have the "pick your big one" option on WWE.com, where there's often WCW events to choose from. If the fans want WCW, they can make their voices heard and maybe Vince will put it out.

Just some thoughts!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back