Tell us who should or should not be the ABC Party's candidate

As such, I would like for such luminaries as Sal, Davi, Ham, Notorious and Theo to consider throwing their hats in too

I really appreciate this but at this time, I'm more than content just being a regular member of the site who helps drive discussion. And besides as fun as it would be to wield the power to infract idiots, I'm busy at college (hell, it's even that time when I'm supposed to prep for my finals) and I find it difficult enough to just post consistently nowadays because of it. I just don't think I can put in the time. I would most definitely look into modship at some point in the future though.

That said, I'm pretty split on who to pick for a nominee. Dagger is a guy who I think would do an excellent job modding the video games section. I attribute most of the traffic that section gets nowadays to his efforts to drive discussion in there. Mitch has also done a fantastic job in the Movies & Television section as well. And as I and many others have already stated, JWG is just flat out solid across the board and is arguably the most well rounded of all the potential candidates. I think everyone here can bring something to the table.

To beat Coco? Not popular enough. I think he's the Rookie of the Year, but Coco is twice as popular.

I'm voting Coco because I think he actually brings something original to the table. He doesn't want to be an anywhere-you-put-me-is-fine kind of moderator. He has a certain section in mind, knows what he wants to do, and is popular enough to win.

I know that Coco has been around a lot longer and has a solid relationship and respect from alot of the big names here but I have my fair shair of support as well. I respect Coco and he's definitely the biggest competition in this race for the ABC Party but we will put our strongest man forward and whether it's me or Dagger, Habs or any of the others our party's goal of getting the best man the spot will be more than enough to beat Coco.

As for actually bringing something to the table and not being someone who wants whatever section they will get, I made my position very clear that I look to contribute everywhere but my main focus should I win would be the MMA section. Along with that I plan on bringing more people to the section by making it more friendly to those who don't know the sport as well as still making it a place for the hardcore fans to thrive in.

On top of that I don't see any real reason for spam to have a mod, if it did Coco would be the man for the job no doubt but is Spam in need of a mod? One of the reasons I want to mod MMA is because it is a section that needs some life brought to it, we really only have a small group of dedicated fans that frequent the section and that is something that needs to be changed and something I want to fix. Spam is doing just fine and needs no assistance, Coco has cool ideas but if we the people of Wrestlezone want someone to make a positive impact in general them my contibutions to nearly every section and my plan to give a section new life should come first before appointing a mod to a section that is already thriving. Anyway Coco will probably be appointed that position at some point in the near future if he didn't win, an election like this is an unbelievable oppertunity for someone with good ideas and a solid head on their shoulders but with less time reputation here to make the move for modship, and that is why I am believe I am the man for this election.

I know I said it in the other thread but Mitch, Theo, and Hatehabs are the ones with the best chance of winning.

On top of that I don't see any real reason for spam to have a mod, if it did Coco would be the man for the job no doubt but is Spam in need of a mod?

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: if a mod was really needed for any section, Sly and KB would appoint one without this election. People can't use this as an reason for people to vote for them over Coco - mainly because it's a piss poor argument.

On top of that I don't see any real reason for spam to have a mod, if it did Coco would be the man for the job no doubt but is Spam in need of a mod? One of the reasons I want to mod MMA is because it is a section that needs some life brought to it, we really only have a small group of dedicated fans that frequent the section and that is something that needs to be changed and something I want to fix. Spam is doing just fine and needs no assistance, Coco has cool ideas but if we the people of Wrestlezone want someone to make a positive impact in general them my contibutions to nearly every section and my plan to give a section new life should come first before appointing a mod to a section that is already thriving. Anyway Coco will probably be appointed that position at some point in the near future if he didn't win, an election like this is an unbelievable oppertunity for someone with good ideas and a solid head on their shoulders but with less time reputation here to make the move for modship, and that is why I am believe I am the man for this election.

And it has to be asked, why has there never been a mod for spam? If it did require one, or even if it was an experimental idea, would Sly or KB not have asked a Coco or Sam to do it already? In fact, with their rep power, why don't they just skip the election and PM one of the guys asking for the position and leave the election for mods for forums that definitely require them?

I know I said it in the other thread but Mitch, Theo, and Hatehabs are the ones with the best chance of winning.

Provided, as ABC members, we get behind our candidate then I believe that we have several posters who would have a great chance. Discarding JW, KJ or even yourself at this early stage would be detrimental to our strength.

How about this for an idea? A thread only open to candidates to discuss their ideas for a designated period of time. Following this, a second thread, were we, the grass roots, state our support and all our 51(?) members get behind the democratically decided ABC candidate.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: if a mod was really needed for any section, Sly and KB would appoint one without this election. People can't use this as an reason for people to vote for them over Coco - mainly because it's a piss poor argument.

How is it a piss poor argument to point out that a certain category has NEVER needed a designated mod. The forums that the guys here are interested in have ALWAYS required moderation.

Of course Sly and KB can appoint whomever they want, but when they haven't shown interest in anyone looking after the section you guys love, does that not make your whole campaign seem kind of... I don't know... :shrug:... pointless?

I guess that's why Sly got so worked up with announcing this. He's only been hyping it for 3 months. They've already run an elimination contest to pick a new mod before, so one being picked this way is no real surprise to people who've been here for a while.

And it has to be asked, why has there never been a mod for spam? If it did require one, or even if it was an experimental idea, would Sly or KB not have asked a Coco or Sam to do it already? In fact, with their rep power, why don't they just skip the election and PM one of the guys asking for the position and leave the election for mods for forums that definitely require them?
Steamboat Ricky was the moderator of the original Bar Room. Now known as the General Spam Discussion Section. Lee was later assigned the section because he was the only one who took out wrestling related topics from the section. Irish-Canadian 25 moderated The Cage until he retired from staff.

How is it a piss poor argument to point out that a certain category has NEVER needed a designated mod. The forums that the guys here are interested in have ALWAYS required moderation.

Yeah, you missed the point of what I was saying.

Of course Sly and KB can appoint whomever they want, but when they haven't shown interest in anyone looking after the section you guys love, does that not make your whole campaign seem kind of... I don't know... :shrug:... pointless?

Isn't this whole process kind of... I don't know... :shrug:... pointless? Are you still kind of... I don't know... :shrug:... missing the point I was making?

I make that a "yes", and a "yes".

I guess that's why Sly got so worked up with announcing this. He's only been hyping it for 3 months. They've already run an elimination contest to pick a new mod before, so one being picked this way is no real surprise to people who've been here for a while.

Thanks for the help with proving my point. If a mod were really needed for any of sections your fellow members are putting themselves forward for, don't you think that Sly and KB would've just appointed someone? If it was of the utmost importance that TNA had a second mod, don't you think they would have done that instead of working on and hyping this surprise?

A new moderator clearly isn't essential if this long process is taking place. So why not have some fun with it?

Isn't this whole process kind of... I don't know... :shrug:... pointless? Are you still kind of... I don't know... :shrug:... missing the point I was making?

Thanks for the help with proving my point. If a mod were really needed for any of sections your fellow members are putting themselves forward for, don't you think that Sly and KB would've just appointed someone? If it was of the utmost importance that TNA had a second mod, don't you think they would have done that instead of working on and hyping this surprise?

A new moderator clearly isn't essential if this long process is taking place. So why not have some fun with it?
There's no real need for a mod, but that doesn't mean Sly and KB wouldn't pick one. I already said this wouldn't be the first time one was picked without being needed. Nor is it the first time one is pick via such an elaborate picking process. The last time it happened it went for a good 3 months and turned Smooth Sexual Chocolate from the guy who only posted music and weed related GIFs into the current Potluck Section mod. So yeah, it's not pointless.

There's no real need for a mod, but that doesn't mean Sly and KB wouldn't pick one. I already said this wouldn't be the first time one was picked without being needed. Nor is it the first time one is pick via such an elaborate picking process. The last time it happened it went for a good 3 months and turned Smooth Sexual Chocolate from the guy who only posted music and weed related GIFs into the current Potluck Section mod. So yeah, it's not pointless.

So there's no real need for a mod? That's exactly my point. Using the reasoning that there's no need for a spam mod is awful, because the very existence of this election shows that there's no real need for a non-spam mod either. That's all I was saying.

As for the "pointless" comment, well, I stand by it. We're talking about appointing moderators on a professional wrestling forum. In the grand scheme of things, it's pretty pointless.

So there's no real need for a mod? That's exactly my point. Using the reasoning that there's no need for a spam mod is awful, because the very existence of this election shows that there's no real need for a non-spam mod either. That's all I was saying.

As for the "pointless" comment, well, I stand by it. We're talking about appointing moderators on a professional wrestling forum. In the grand scheme of things, it's pretty pointless.

Then go try trolling somewhere else. You clearly ran yourself in a circle.

To beat Coco? Not popular enough. I think he's the Rookie of the Year, but Coco is twice as popular.

I'm voting Coco because I think he actually brings something original to the table. He doesn't want to be an anywhere-you-put-me-is-fine kind of moderator. He has a certain section in mind, knows what he wants to do, and is popular enough to win.

I continue to be amused on these forums by the prevalent notion that Coco is incapable of losing this election. As far as I'm concerned, this is yet another example of more Coco propaganda which seems to spread, inexplicably, through these forums. That's not to suggest that this nonsense comes exclusively from Coco himself, because it doesn't come only from him, but seems to be part of the legend of Coco, but like so many other urban legends, this one is nonsense too. And I'm even more shocked by the number of forum heavyweights that buy into this stuff, staff members and the like who seem to think that the results of this election are a foregone conclusion.

Simply put, I think we have produced a very solid and strong party full of terrific potential candidates, some of whom haven't even given their two cents worth yet. If we maintain our current solidarity, which I am certain we will, and vote in high and consistent numbers, the results of this election are very much in doubt, and it's ours for the taking. Will one of us win it? Not sure, my crystal ball is currently in the shop. Can one of us win it? Absolutely, and with every day that passes, I grow more confident that our representative will win the election and become our newest mod. Personally, I know that I can win this election if I receive the endorsement of the party, and I'm equally certain that if it isn't me, whoever carries our banner can get the job done. It won't be easy, as Coco will be a formidable opponent with his almost cult like (and sometimes illogical) following. But hey, people once thought the Titanic was unsinkable too, and well, we all know how that ended up.

One thing that would increase our chances of success here is to secure a candidate who can continue to draw support from the forum members who have indicated that they will vote, but haven't picked a party yet. Or support from the people who haven't responded to the election matters at all yet. Or for that matter, support from La Resistance if it plays out that the gap between them and the other two parties increases. We carry a lead into the primaries at this point and we can increase this lead in this manner, but I will take a candidate who can tap into this pool of voters. With all due respect to our newer forum members, I just don't think they can do so. Someone like Ba Bomb, for example, appears to be a very motivated forum member who has a lot to say and says it very well. I think he will be an excellent forum member with a bright future, but with all due respect, will be hard pressed to draw in these new voters. We need someone who has more recognizability, more "name value", something that even as good as Ba Bomb appears to be, he simply cannot provide after only being on here a little over a month. If someone in La Resistance is contemplating jumping ship, or someone undecided is looking to choose a side, I feel they are more likely to do so with someone like myself, rather than be enticed in by someone with whom they are totally unfamiliar. If we are truly looking at the good of the party as a whole, and truly looking to slay the dragon, I think we would be better served by our newer members throwing their support behind one of our more established candidates, who could then bring Ba Bombs concerns to the forefront once in a position to do so on his behalf. That's not to dismiss Ba Bomb at all, in fact he has really impressed me through all of this so far. But I think we need to look at the big picture, beyond the primaries, to the big dance. Having said all of this, though, if in the end of the primaries, Ba Bomb or any of the other newer guys have the support of our party and become our candidate, I can assure them they will have my backing and support 100%, without question.

Let's remember one thing here folks, when it comes right down to it, this is still a popularity contest, but bearing this in mind, it should be and is more than that, and I think people will recognize this come voting time. No one would dispute Coco's popularity on these forums, but in the end, this popularity alone will not be enough to win this election, especially if we continue to make the right choices and decisions and function as a cohesive unit whose ultimate goal is to win the election, even if it means making tough choices some times.

It really bothers me when I hear you guys basically call KB and Sly stupid. By saying that they would create this awesome election and give the winner the opportunity to choose a section yet forget that there is a possibilty that the winner may pick Spam is really insulting to them.

The ABC Party should write a formal apology to the admins and withdraw from the election. Maybe there is still time to get their forgiveness?

Mitch Hennesey, or however the fuck you spell that last name, should get the nomination. He's either too humble to ask for the nomination or he has no fucking clue that this election is even taking place. Why not give one of the most unassuming guys on here the chance to get a PM asking him to become the new mod of M&T? Anyone who frequents the section can vouch for the fact that Mitch has that shit on lockdown and keeps it for realzies.

It really bothers me when I hear you guys basically call KB and Sly stupid. By saying that they would create this awesome election and give the winner the opportunity to choose a section yet forget that there is a possibilty that the winner may pick Spam is really insulting to them.

The ABC Party should write a formal apology to the admins and withdraw from the election. Maybe there is still time to get their forgiveness?

You scared bro? Reality setting in that the strongest party is gonna take this thing? Nobody said KB or Sly were stupid, nor did anyone imply it. You just had nothing intelligent to say, and your A.D.D. wouldn't allow you to stay quiet.

Mitch Hennesey, or however the fuck you spell that last name, should get the nomination. He's either too humble to ask for the nomination or he has no fucking clue that this election is even taking place. Why not give one of the most unassuming guys on here the chance to get a PM asking him to become the new mod of M&T? Anyone who frequents the section can vouch for the fact that Mitch has that shit on lockdown and keeps it for realzies.

Mitch absolutely knows the election is taking place, because I contacted him myself via PM very early in the process to invite him to join The ABC Party. His initial reaction was to not become involved, at which point I encouraged him to become a part of this at least in a supporting role, and I also encouraged him to re-think running because I agree with you, I think he would make an excellent non-spam non- wrestling moderator. I hope he decides to give it a shot, he'd definitely be an asset to the staff, as like you said, he is rocking that section of the forums. So far, he has not thrown his name into the hat, but I really hope he does. I think to be considered, though, he has to nominate himself, I'm not sure about that, but so far, he has not done so. He has plenty of time to do so, if that's what he decides to do.

Nice that one of your party (GSB) comes in accusing us of disrespecting Sly & KB and yet you are stating this is a pointless exercise. By holding this election, they are saying we need a mod, and my guess (which of course they are free to refute), is that they are putting the onus on us because of the stupid claims of favouritism that certain members have been making. Doesn't detract from the fact that spam doesn't need moderation as, by its nature, it doesn't have nearly as many rules to enforce.

I think this is a big deal because this could well be a sign of things to come, where all future mod appointments are made by consensus rather than dictation. As such, I want the winner of the election to be someone who covers all bases.

This isn't a favourite thing for me, I'm in spam infinitely more than I'm in MMA or VGT but I would still rather see JW become mod for MMA or Dagger become VGT mod than Coco become spam admin because (a) I feel their talents would be required, and (b) I feel they would do a better job across the board, rather than just hunkering down in their own niche... plus it's fun having these discussions ;)

Nice that one of your party (GSB) comes in accusing us of disrespecting Sly & KB and yet you are stating this is a pointless exercise. By holding this election, they are saying we need a mod, and my guess (which of course they are free to refute), is that they are putting the onus on us because of the stupid claims of favouritism that certain members have been making. Doesn't detract from the fact that spam doesn't need moderation as, by its nature, it doesn't have nearly as many rules to enforce.

I should clarify the "pointless" comment. I was talking in the grand scheme of things. It dawned on me that we were talking rather in-depth about an online election - I haven't even talked in depth about the upcoming US presidential election. I don't feel this election is pointless. I think it's pretty great that it's happening.

I think this is a big deal because this could well be a sign of things to come, where all future mod appointments are made by consensus rather than dictation. As such, I want the winner of the election to be someone who covers all bases.

If you want that then great. But I'm not an administrator, so selecting a hard-working, versatile mod isn't on my priorities list (although I have no doubt that Coco will be those things). I want someone who will be entertaining. I want someone who'll shake things up. Coco will most definitely be, and do, those things.

This isn't a favourite thing for me, I'm in spam infinitely more than I'm in MMA or VGT but I would still rather see JW become mod for MMA or Dagger become VGT mod than Coco become spam admin because (a) I feel their talents would be required, and (b) I feel they would do a better job across the board, rather than just hunkering down in their own niche... plus it's fun having these discussions ;)

a) I don't see how that's anyone else's concern apart from the administrators. If they required a new MMA mod, they'd appoint one straight up.

b) I wouldn't call the spam sections a "niche". There's a variety of discussion, plenty of posts, drama and controversy.

If you want a mod who you feel would be necessary, then fine. Vote for them. I don't think that should be a concern, nor do I think that it should be a nominee's primary reason for people to vote for them. That was my original point, which I stand by.

Anyone who thinks I'm a one trick pony after all this time is proving their lack of intelligence. Luckily for those people, one doesn't have to pass an exam to vote or win this election.

Id say this argument is just as poor- Isn't the entire idea of the French party that there's a "need" for a Spam moderator? I mean, that's the essence of what your sigs shows, correct? So using this (flawed) logic, shouldn't have KB or Sly have appointed a Moderator, say, when Lee resigned? Or shouldn't a Mod have been designated for many of the NWS sections when IC resigned?

The truth of the matter is, none of these sections, including Spam(which has gone the longest without a moderator and functioned just fine), need a Moderator. But there are cases to be made for any section and why a Moderator would improve that section, and people should vote accordingly to whom they believe would make for the best Moderator, and further, the necessity for a Moderator in the section a given candidate is running for. So the argument can be made over necessity, and it doesn't hurt if there's a Moderator who knows the ins and outs of how things run better then the normal member is there to point things out.

One can just read my previous post regarding how the spam section has functioned fine without a moderator, easily has and can be still moderated by G-Mods and regular Mods because of its laxed rules and lower requirements of posters. We've done fine with it thusfar, and I haven't seen an argument made as to how a spam moderator, even someone like Coco, would benefit the forums. Those who do desire to moderate a non-spam section will have extra responsibilities. There's no requirement to attempt to drive discussion in a spam section- there is in the non-spam ones. There are very specific requirements of non-spam mods with regards to our sections, ones that don't pertain to spam. So the need is greater, just based on the nature of the forum itself.

Further, this post illustrates that one can read KB or Sly's mind, which they can't. Perhaps they do feel the need for a Mod in a specific section, and they'll either appoint one after the election, or hold another election based upon the success of this one, for a specific section, perhaps. The truth is, noone truly knows what they believe with regards to needs. So far, the election process has been a great success in my mind. We have people stating specific goals for how they'll improve the section they would moderate, which is nothing but a good thing.

I'm of the opinion that those of us who are mods can handle and have been handling the spam sections for some time. But this is just my opinion. I see the fact that when Lee was a moderator he moderated VG & T along with the GSD should speak to the lesser need of moderation within the spam section. Truth be told, it's not hard to prevent flaming, pornography, prejudiced remarks, and hate threads. It's been done successfully so far, but nice try in deflecting from this fact. Both Sly and KB are very active in these sections as well, and deal with posters who are out of line accordingly. Most of us moderators do, whether you can see it or not.

I guess you could say this is more of an argument against having a spam moderator then it is for a Mod in any particular section, but I am pointing out how the requirements of a spam moderator are less then that of a non-spam one. In a non-spam section, which members of the ABC party universally want to moderate, there are more rules, which leads to more responsibility. That should be taken into consideration when voting, and this is just my opinion, but a Moderator of a section with more responsibility will be doing more work, leading to a better forum overall. And isn't that the goal of this entire process? Improving the forum? That's what I'm looking for here.

Now you're just being silly, and I seriously hope you're being facetious. Noone here has called them stupid, and your logic is way off-base here. Stating that there is a lack of necessity for a spam moderator assumes nothing about Sly and KB, it's simply saying that the priority for a spam moderator is less in one's opinion. We're still entitles to those, yes? Thought so. You know nothing of the thought process that went into this, so Id just quit commenting on it.

Anyone who thinks I'm a one trick pony after all this time is proving their lack of intelligence. Luckily for those people, one doesn't have to pass an exam to vote or win this election.

Ill be the first to say it here- You're not a one-trick pony. You're very capable of posting non-spam, in a number of sections, and doing it well. But does that make you the best case to be the best candidate? Because of what you're capable of? Heck no. Even if this election is "worthless" in the grand scheme of things, which it truly is when taking real life into consideration, that doesn't mean this shouldn't be done with the goal of finding the person who would best improve the forum, regardless of Seth/Sanka/Superhero's incessant whining that it doesn't matter. It does, to the forum, or it wouldn't be taking place. Simple as that.

The assertion that the non-spam sections require these comparatively significant workloads is absurd. I've said so since day one. The fact that any non-spam mod is tasked with being more than a janitor speaks to a flaw in the system. Nothing about that disqualifies the spam zone from deserving a dedicated janitor whose only task would be overseeing it. And your logic about how the past mistake of not appointing a spam mod should dictate future policy is especially laughable. Imagine if homeland security were abolished in a country that had never been attacked under the assumption that things would always be that way and even if they weren't, the threat would be light enough that it could be eliminated by an ally to stepping in and helping for fifteen minutes. Ass-hattery of the highest order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back