Tell us who should or should not be La Resistance's candidate

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Use this thread to express your opinion on La Resistance's potential candidates. You can discuss yourself, someone else from your party, or even someone from a different party.

From the outset, I'm gonna say that I've been here a year and I've been through the Prison, near-bannings and many infractions. But once I came out of the prison, I've changed around and looked to bring good to the Forums. Whether it's worked or not (Unlikely), I've tried my best for 2011 and will strive to do some more in 2012. We've got some bloody great candidates in our Party, but doesn't everybody love an underdog? Which is why I say that I would like to be on of La Resistance's candidates when it comes to picking one. We need a mod for the VGAT Section, that's for damn sure and well.. I know I don't post in the section much, but I'm on this Forum everyday, even for a an hour or so and in the year or so I've been here, I've not missed many days of logging. I'm always reading the VGAT section and if I have to, I'll post in there daily, to prove I have what it takes to contribute. I know that I've got what it takes, even I think there's some proving that needs to be done.

I'm definitely not most peoples choices, but the few people who have seen what I've done or can do may know me well enough to realise I can do a lot to help things improve. In myself, I know that when I'm appointed a task to do, I give over 100% until I finish and if I happened to become a Mod somehow, if people went crazy for me, I'd give over 100% day in and day out until my time as Mod came to an end. I'd get everyone talking about Video Games & Technology a lot more than they are now, I'll make sure the Section is kept beautiful and clean because to be totally truthful, since it's lost Lee, it's gone downhill tenfold. I would do my damnedest to bring it back to it's feet and make it look like the VGAT section it once was, in a post-Lee time.

Wish me luck.

I'll run until there are holes in my shoe soles for this and I promise La Resistance, I will do my all to make sure we get somewhere with this.

I still think, out of three that posted, Crock would be best suited for running for our party.

This is truly a popularity contest, so not only is Crock capable of doing the job, but he has the most cred from what I have seen in my short amount of time on this forum. We need someone strong to go against the other two parties, and I think Crock is our man.

Here is what I offer to La Resistance as a candidate.

No-one else in this party, perhaps no-one else in the election, is a former moderator. I am. This is beneficial for a multitude of reasons. It proves that I was once regarded well enough on all accounts to be a moderator of two sections - WWE and WZCW. It is the only concrete proof that can be offered of any candidate in this entire elections that I have the skills necessary to be a mod - because I was one.

In anticipation of the argument, I want to address how my time as a moderator came to an end. Those in WZCW at the time, and those on staff at the time, would all have seen my two resignation threads. I left staff, and WrestleZone at large, because of an awful job that I had that stressed me out to my breaking point. It was a demoralizing, terrible job that I didn't want, but was forced to take. It negatively affected every aspect of my life, and that's why I was forced to resign. I didn't handle the situation well. I was young - I've aged a lot in the last two years. I let the stress of my job situation poison the mild stress that I encountered on the forums, mostly as a result of my disagreements with the rest of WZCW creative. I could - should - have handled that situation with a lot more maturity than I did, but a combination of my youth and my skyrocketing stress pushed me into just collapsing. So I left everything, and not in the way I wanted to do it.

The thing is, as a result of this, I am much, much better prepared to handle being a moderator again. I know exactly what pitfalls I'm going to encounter, I know exactly what I don't want to do. I learned how I can fail - and knowing that, I can avoid it. After getting out of that job, I learned how to handle my stress better. Anyone who hasn't been a moderator before doesn't know what they're going to encounter when they take the job. I do, and that is a strength.

As I've already addressed, my skill as a poster is already evident by the fact that I was asked to be a moderator in two sections before. I've taken up all my old haunts again - WZCW and the wrestling sections - and I think I've demonstrated that I've still got it. I love driving discussion and debating. I try to do it as often as possible here. Sometimes, because I can't prioritize it over other things, I can't post as often as I'd like. Given a moderator spot, it would obviously become a priority responsibility and I would certainly increase my posting time.

I'd like to think that I have a decent amount of popularity - as much as any other La Resistance candidate, at the very least. I am a former Rookie of the Year and have the longest tenure at WZ of any candidate that I know is running. Many of the top forums leaders and I have pretty long relationships. No-one is going to have as much popularity as Coco, but I have a solid popularity base that, combined with my case for being a good moderator again, can challenge.

Thanks for your time, and feel free to ask questions about me.

What I offer as a candidate.

Out of all the Candidates I have been here the longest. I have survived the Jake/Jonny regime, Enjoyed the IC/Shocky Regime and am liking the KB/Sly regime. I've been here through countless rule changes and updates and can/will enforce them.

I will drive discussion throughout the board not just whatever section I decide to mod (if elected). To further this end if it is needed I will clean up my section & Keep it clean and reward (rep) those people that do a good job.

I'll update this at a later time

What I offer as a candidate.

Out of all the Candidates I have been here the longest. I have survived the Jake/Jonny regime, Enjoyed the IC/Shocky Regime and am liking the KB/Sly regime. I've been here through countless rule changes and updates and can/will enforce them.

I will drive discussion throughout the board not just whatever section I decide to mod (if elected). To further this end if it is needed I will clean up my section & Keep it clean and reward (rep) those people that do a good job.

I'll update this at a later time

Sorry, Milenko, I'd completely forgotten how long you'd been here. Ignore the comment in my post about being the longest tenured candidate.

Sorry, Milenko, I'd completely forgotten how long you'd been here. Ignore the comment in my post about being the longest tenured candidate.
S'all good man.

I also have another point.

I can do a good job. I am nice to everyone (Well mostly) if made mod this will extend to my rule enforcing. I know some mods aren't very nice about it which is there business but that's not how I am. I will be respectful and as nice as possible

I still think, out of three that posted, Crock would be best suited for running for our party.

This is truly a popularity contest, so not only is Crock capable of doing the job, but he has the most cred from what I have seen in my short amount of time on this forum. We need someone strong to go against the other two parties, and I think Crock is our man.

Thanks, dudeski.

Now, onto why I think I should be the candidate:

I'm seeing the same thing from every single candidate. They all say they can drive discussion, put the time in, be committed -- blah, blah, blah. If you don't think those things, you shouldn't be here in the first place. Those things don't separate you from any of the other people running, except for the few that want a shiny new name.

Honestly, it doesn't matter how nice you're going to be or how much time you'll be willing to spend, plenty of guys pop in once a day, take care of their business, with no regard for how friendly they're being. The guys that make stuff happen around here are the ones that do their job, no matter how little credit they get for it. Yes, I agree that you should want to improve your section, but how? How will you do it? All I'm seeing are a bunch of empty promises, the same shtick that everybody and their mother can peddle. I can tell you why I'll be good, but it's certainly not glamorous. I'll be a good moderator because I'll get the job done. How? I'll keep my section flowing well. I don't have to go out and make 6000 threads in an attempt to keep "discussion flowing," all I have to do is make sure people have something interesting and thought provoking to post in, to make it friendly to posters. In running to be the next wrestling mod, I truly feel I'm the guy who can do this, that I'm the one who can do a good job. I post on a high level very consistently and sure, I don't have 4000 posts, but I have quite a few, not that it indicates much. Plenty of people can spew off without any true meaning to what they say, at least I'll provoke some thought. I'll be a moderator that does his job, period.

People don't seem to understand that. Everybody can keep a section clean, that's not what it's all about. You have to be patient, you have to understand certain things. For example: Nick left a thread up and the OP was spam. Most would get rid of that right away, but he knew it would pick conversation up. You have to be able to pick out that difference. In my time here, I've learned that. I may not have a bold name, but I can still go into a section and understand what needs to be done.

Lastly, with my "declaration" against Coco, I clearly provide the closest thing to competition he has. He may be the most popular guy around, but I'll do my best to go step for step with him, no doubt about it.

Best of luck to all my fellow competitors.

Honestly, it doesn't matter how nice you're going to be or how much time you'll be willing to spend, plenty of guys pop in once a day, take care of their business, with no regard for how friendly they're being. The guys that make stuff happen around here are the ones that do their job, no matter how little credit they get for it. Yes, I agree that you should want to improve your section, but how? How will you do it? All I'm seeing are a bunch of empty promises, the same shtick that everybody and their mother can peddle. I can tell you why I'll be good, but it's certainly not glamorous. I'll be a good moderator because I'll get the job done. How? I'll keep my section flowing well. I don't have to go out and make 6000 threads in an attempt to keep "discussion flowing," all I have to do is make sure people have something interesting and thought provoking to post in, to make it friendly to posters. In running to be the next wrestling mod, I truly feel I'm the guy who can do this, that I'm the one who can do a good job. I post on a high level very consistently and sure, I don't have 4000 posts, but I have quite a few, not that it indicates much. Plenty of people can spew off without any true meaning to what they say, at least I'll provoke some thought. I'll be a moderator that does his job, period.

People don't seem to understand that. Everybody can keep a section clean, that's not what it's all about. You have to be patient, you have to understand certain things. For example: Nick left a thread up and the OP was spam. Most would get rid of that right away, but he knew it would pick conversation up. You have to be able to pick out that difference. In my time here, I've learned that. I may not have a bold name, but I can still go into a section and understand what needs to be done.

Lastly, with my "declaration" against Coco, I clearly provide the closest thing to competition he has. He may be the most popular guy around, but I'll do my best to go step for step with him, no doubt about it.

Best of luck to all my fellow competitors.

How exactly is the promise to drive discussion empty? It is what it is. Look at your own words. How will you drive discussion? You'll keep your section flowing well. Well, that clarifies things. Actually, no it doesn't, it's as empty as you accuse driving discussion of being. Driving discussion is self explanatory. You post threads, respond to other threads, make sure the spam is taken care of. It's not an empty promise, it's a statement that explains itself. Driving discussion doesn't require some complicated playbook, it requires a mind that can create thoughtful posts and a will to do it on a regular basis.

Leaving a spam thread up in the non spam sections? Was it just a spam post, or was it a spam post that had already generated many non spam replies? There's a huge difference. If a spam thread is made, it gets moved to spam. There's a reason we have that section. If a spam thread is made, gets overlooked, and winds up generating non spam posts, then the scenario is different.

How exactly is the promise to drive discussion empty? It is what it is. Look at your own words. How will you drive discussion? You'll keep your section flowing well. Well, that clarifies things. Actually, no it doesn't, it's as empty as you accuse driving discussion of being. Driving discussion is self explanatory. You post threads, respond to other threads, make sure the spam is taken care of. It's not an empty promise, it's a statement that explains itself. Driving discussion doesn't require some complicated playbook, it requires a mind that can create thoughtful posts and a will to do it on a regular basis.

"I'll drive discussion." That's empty, it tells me nothing. I said how I would do it, I would give people interesting things to post in, whether I post them or not. You don't even have to post all that many threads as a mod, not everybody has to be Jack-Hammer or IDR. Look at Nate, for example. He picks and chooses spots to post, he's not a posting fiend, not by any means. That's what's important -- picking and choosing your spots. Hell, Tastycles is another prime example. How often does he post now? Not much, at least in the non-spam sections... yet, KB and Sly have a great appreciation in what he does. Posting isn't everything.

Leaving a spam thread up in the non spam sections? Was it just a spam post, or was it a spam post that had already generated many non spam replies? There's a huge difference. If a spam thread is made, it gets moved to spam. There's a reason we have that section. If a spam thread is made, gets overlooked, and winds up generating non spam posts, then the scenario is different.
Yes, spam deserves to be moved, but if the thread can serve a purpose, like actually asking a question, but maybe the post isn't up to standard (like this one) why not leave it up? It generated a solid amount of posts and kept people interested, it certainly didn't spam up the section. There's a huge difference, agreed.

"I'll drive discussion." That's empty, it tells me nothing. I said how I would do it, I would give people interesting things to post in, whether I post them or not. You don't even have to post all that many threads as a mod, not everybody has to be Jack-Hammer or IDR. Look at Nate, for example. He picks and chooses spots to post, he's not a posting fiend, not by any means. That's what's important -- picking and choosing your spots. Hell, Tastycles is another prime example. How often does he post now? Not much, at least in the non-spam sections... yet, KB and Sly have a great appreciation in what he does. Posting isn't everything.

It's not empty, it's a self explanatory statement. Driving discussion is a thing. It's like saying "I will walk to the store." I don't need to tell you how I'm going to move my feet alternately up and down utilizing frictional forces to propel myself forward. Walking explains itself, as much as driving discussion does.

Yes, spam deserves to be moved, but if the thread can serve a purpose, like actually asking a question, but maybe the post isn't up to standard (like this one) why not leave it up? It generated a solid amount of posts and kept people interested, it certainly didn't spam up the section. There's a huge difference, agreed.

Someone might post a thread about in TNA in the WWE sections. It'll drive discussion - why not leave it up? Because it belongs in a different section. The forum is ordered for a reason, and the divisions should be followed appropriately. Let spam threads drive discussion in the spam forums.

It's not empty, it's a self explanatory statement. Driving discussion is a thing. It's like saying "I will walk to the store." I don't need to tell you how I'm going to move my feet alternately up and down utilizing frictional forces to propel myself forward. Walking explains itself, as much as driving discussion does.

It is BEYOND empty. I'll drive discussion. There, I just said it. What does that mean? How will I do it? That one statement doesn't give anybody a thing.

Someone might post a thread about in TNA in the WWE sections. It'll drive discussion - why not leave it up? Because it belongs in a different section. The forum is ordered for a reason, and the divisions should be followed appropriately. Let spam threads drive discussion in the spam forums.

It fit within the section, it was just "spammy." Simply put: It drove discussion and interest in the WWE section, no problem with that. You're not supposed to leave spam up, but in that case (still asking a valid question) then leave it up. Honestly, you can't toss everything into the spam sections, especially if it works.

Are you saying you would send it to spam, even if discussion was flowing perfectly, only because the OP wasn't that great? Laziness certainly shouldn't be rewarded, but it has to be looked at situation to situation.

If you generalize it all into one big thing, it'll hinder discussion more than anything.

Milenko, you need to get in on this debate if you want a chance to be on staff. How can you talk so much about wanting to be a mod but not do shit about it when you get the chance?

It is BEYOND empty. I'll drive discussion. There, I just said it. What does that mean? How will I do it? That one statement doesn't give anybody a thing.

I think we're just operating under different definitions here. I think driving discussion is a term that essentially defines itself. You don't. We're not going to gain anything quibbling over it.

It fit within the section, it was just "spammy." Simply put: It drove discussion and interest in the WWE section, no problem with that. You're not supposed to leave spam up, but in that case (still asking a valid question) then leave it up. Honestly, you can't toss everything into the spam sections, especially if it works.

Are you saying you would send it to spam, even if discussion was flowing perfectly, only because the OP wasn't that great? Laziness certainly shouldn't be rewarded, but it has to be looked at situation to situation.

If you generalize it all into one big thing, it'll hinder discussion more than anything.

When I was WWE mod, if I saw a spam thread, I sent it to spam. It's pretty straightforward. As discussed previously, if it had already garnered non-spam replies, than I'd have left it alone. But if a spam post is made in a non spam forum, it needs to be dealt with according to the rules. Leaving a spam post up because it might drive discussion isn't in accordance with policy. You might as well merge the spam and non spam sections at that point. I want to make it clear - if it already driven non spam discussion, then I would not move it. An isolated spam thread (or one with a majority of spam replies) would get moved or deleted, depending on worthiness of topic.

Apologies for the delay it's taken for me to respond to this, but you know, finals, what can you do?

Understandable, I had finals too.

We're pretty much on the same page. My initial point was that sometimes it required delicate judgement, that's all.

Milenko, you need to get in on this debate if you want a chance to be on staff. How can you talk so much about wanting to be a mod but not do shit about it when you get the chance?
what can I say other than what I have? No one's called me out on anything and the one point I wanted to make Harthan did a pretty good job with

OK look, I know I'm not the most well liked person here, I've stepped on a few toes and some people straight up just don't like me. Through all the bullshit thrown at me by various people I've come through a better person.

If you were here when I started and compared me then to me now I have gotten a lot better no matter what people say. I bitch a lot less then I used to and I can take the shit people throw at me (with only blowing up once every few months because lets face it I'm not a saint). i think this would translate well into being a mod because I know they get a lot of shit from stupid people for no reason.

Basically I'm just asking for a chance. i know this is a popularity contest and I'm not exactly Mr. Popular but I think I would make a very good mod if given the chance to be one and this is the best shot I have.

Unless someone wants to debate something specific I've said I really don't know what else I can say

Out of all the Candidates I have been here the longest.

No-one else in this party, perhaps no-one else in the election, is a former moderator. I am. This is beneficial for a multitude of reasons. It proves that I was once regarded well enough on all accounts to be a moderator of two sections - WWE and WZCW. It is the only concrete proof that can be offered of any candidate in this entire elections that I have the skills necessary to be a mod - because I was one.

:rolleyes: Guys? Seriously?

:rolleyes: Guys? Seriously?

Sparky - sorry about that, I meant to say that no one running was a former moderator, which was true at the time I wrote it. Brain did not communicate with fingers entirely on the typing of that, apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back