Tell us who should or should not be the ABC Party's candidate

I apologize. I've been sticking by CM's rules and never noticed Doc's new rules.
Still, I see threads in there like I exampled. Just stating a wrestler and people saying what would happen. That belongs in the spam section unless they give more reason and details. Which I usually don't see in a non fantasy show threads, which I will admit, are rare.

Adding thread like fantasy booking would really help the Book This section. It adds a different and much more user friendly approach to the section. Not many people want to put all the time and effort forth to write a full show, develop numerous characters, start new feuds, etc. Trust me, it is a time consuming project. And from a casual poster standpoint, they aren't always gonna want to put the time in to read something that long. It can be boring, it can be exciting depending on the approach taken. However something like fantasy booking for said person is much easier and approachable than a thread full of characters. This brings in people who often don't visit the section and maybe they become a fan of the section and eventually join up. It brings a casual, more laid back approach to the the section and that is definitely something I think would do a-ok in the section.

Now as for myself I'm likely not going to run. I told Habs when he offered me a spot that I really had no intention of running for mod, as it isn't something I really want. I like being laid back and avoid as much attention to myself as possible. Right now I'm content with running the WZPC and that's good enough for me. I'm sure if I put my mind to it I could try and better the interactive section (WZPC, Book This, and Graphics). However I'm not sure I can fit modding into my schedule as it is. I'll be moving into my own apartment in the coming weeks and I will be getting a new work schedule that will take up a majority of my day. So for the time being the beard and I will not be the candidate representing this great party. I'm sure I could be swayed if need be, but right now I'll be supporting the hell out of whoever we churn out of this bad boy.

Well boys here it is, I JWGunslinger have decided to take a swing in this election and attempt to become our next Wrestlezone Moderator. At first I had no intentions of participating and I was vocal about that, but with pushing from some good friends I have decided that I will give this a shot and do my very best for not just myself but for my party and all of Wrestlezone. I come before you a humble rookie who has dedicated as much time and work as I possible simply because I love the forums and the people in them.

I joined Wrestlezone only a few months ago back in April at the request of my good friend Notorious, I liked it but didn't see myself spending too much time on it. Then soon after I realized that I had found a home away from home, with all of my friends off at college in other states and far away places it was the perfect way to talk with good people with the same interests and create good discussions. Now here I am in december over 800 non spam posts later and a good number of people that I would call good friends now. I have gone from a simple MMA poster to a guy who enjoys posting in nearly every section and loves a good discussion driving post.

My greatest qualities that would make me a good moderator are that I am a guy who can be ornery every once and a while but in general am a very approachable person that enjoys helping people whenever I can. Secondly I dedicate alot of time and thought to these forums, I love doing it and when I post I not only do so for pleasure but to improve a conversation.
My dedication to the MMA section is obviously my strong point, I love wrestling and I love the other non spam non wrestling categories but I came here because I am pursuing a career in Mixed Martial Arts and I am beyond obsessed with the sport, and my many years of watching and memorizing stats makes me a great choice for a moderator who can take care of problems and also dedicate myself to revamping the MMA section. INDY is an excellent moderator, he keeps the section clean and contributes regularly, but I want to join him as a moderator and make the MMA section better. I want to get more posters in there and get good threads and discussions in there, I already try to by creating threads often and my greatest work are my UFC PPV threads which I put alot of hard work and time into to give hardcore fans my view and also break it down for those new to the sport and the section.

The bottom line is that I am a guy who truely cares about Wrestlezone, and I want to make it better. I plan to continue posting in all the sections are bringing fun and interesting topics to the table, and I plan to make the MMA section a better place by making it more friendly to those who are uneducated about the sport while keeping it fun for the hardcore fans and getting us more traffic in there in general. Thank you for your time and I hope that you give me the chance to show the party and everyone here that I can be a mod that everyone is proud of.

:one_samuria:EVERYONE READ THIS!:one_samuria:

I've been doing some thinking, and I wanted to bring a few things to everyone's attention. First, I am no longer running for the moderator position. I still want to discuss a few of my positions with Sly, but I feel that if anything I presented were to be accomplished, it could be done without me taking up our precious moderator spot. And to be realistic, even if by god's hand this party chose me...I would not make it against Coco.

And that's what I wanted to talk about. I love this party and I think there are about a dozen guys who could do a damn fine job as a moderator. I respect the idea of taking things slow and figuring out who really would be the best fit for the job... But I think there is also some wisdom and speeding that process along and making sure that all of the ABC party is on board with our decision. Here's why:

1.)The Resistance is going to have a slight struggle deciding who to elect, but when it comes down to it I expect to see the Crock standing tall, with a possibility of Milenko. Crock isn't making a ton of friends over there, and Milenko definitely has the seniority, but something tells me it's not going to matter anyways. They're fighting the uphill battle of being smallest party with the least organization. I don't think they have the support necessary to garner as many votes as it will take to win it in the long haul.

2.)Coco is in, we all know that. They have the second largest party supporting a single poster, and that is a huge advantage, but at least we know what we're up against.

3.)Coco is really good at causing rifts and chaos within other people's ranks, as are quite a few people from his Party. The wisdom in choosing our candidate early and getting a head-start on supporting that person full-force is to promote a single front in our fight to get somebody from the ABC Party elected. The longer we draw this out, the more chances there are for arguments and distention.

4.)Remember that there is a debate, which means somebody is going to have to not only prove that they can be a great moderator, but a solid enough poster to win a debate against some of the forms most aggressive posters. I'll give Coco this...he's brilliant. And he probably would make a great moderator. Which is why if we want to get somebody elected, we need to choose a single person and get behind him, so we don't accidentally end up with 4 candidates going into the primaries, and the one with the least chance of winning ending up getting elected.

All of that being said...I think the obvious choice here is HABS. I love Killjoy, LSN, and a lot of other guys running for this thing. But the truth is that HABS organized this party with precision, and has kept it glued together the entire time. He has stayed committed and presented a constant flow of intelligent feedback and constructive advice. He was the one who stayed on top of the list of members, and always gave us a head count. He has also avoided enough drama that he hasn't made enemies in the other camps, meaning we could potential snag votes from Resistance.

I think HABS has spoken when he needs to, stayed quiet when he should, and always added to the discussion whenever he makes his voice heard. He is calm and collected, and speaks with intelligence. Even when I have disagreed with him, I have never felt disrespected or talked down to in any way. He's got all the qualities, and I'd think we'd be nuts to not push him up against Coco. I think when it comes time to debate, a lot of people would lose their cool against him, and he's going to over-analyze every word you say. So far HABS is the only person (myself included) to not show obvious signs of frustration in this election (I could totally be wrong about that though...).

So by all means, take time and collect all the information necessary. But I know who I will be voting for, and I think if we want this Party to succeed, which we should because we all joined it for the same reasons, we should be voting hatehabsforever.

JWG. I just posted in the MMA section for the first time today. I got a small sample of your hard work, and I was impressed. The fact that your a newer guy and relatively unknown makes me feel like you can bring a fresh perspective on things. I think you would make a great mod in the MMA section, and at this time you have my support.

Mike "The Kid" Killam;3556358 said:
All of that being said...I think the obvious choice here is HABS. I love Killjoy, LSN, and a lot of other guys running for this thing.

With all things being said, let me point something out that others may not be aware of: I'm not eligible to run in this election. As a moderator already, I can't run for another section. So to be clear, Im here for two reasons:

1. I truly believe this party is made up of the group of the best posters. I returned from Thanksgiving holiday to a PM box flooded with requests for support. It took me all of 10 minutes to look over the parties, check the members, and decide. Pretty much anyone who would come out of this party would be the best choice, I sincerely believe that. This group is made up with the best posters who have yet to be moderated on this site. I truly believe that, or this group wouldn't have my support.

Speaking of which.....

2. I'm here to lend my support. As I last checked, Im the only moderator other then JGlass who's actively involved in the process. My goal in being actively involved is to point out the strengths of each candidate to the masses, some they may not even realize they have. I want to encourage people to think deeper into what truly makes them the best candidate. Competition is a good thing, and whomever comes out of this with the nomination will be all the better for it. Hopefully, even those who don't get the nomination will consider ways of becoming a better poster and member of the WZ community, so when the time comes and their name is called, they will truly be ready to be a moderator as well. I know I was challenged in a similar way before becoming a mod 7 months ago.

I wish the best to you all, and Ill continue to lend my support as I best can. Whomever comes out of here with the nomination will have my full backing, and Ill fight for them until the end of this thing.

I think that either JWGunslinger or Killjoy can take Coco down in a debate as well Mike. Anyway my frontrunner for the election is JW closely followed by Killjoy. JW is really smart and a regular in the MMA section. Furthermore he is extremely popular even among the admins, more popular than a lot of other members. That is an important point in his favor, I believe, because at the end of the day admins are going to do the selection. I would even go out on a limb and say that JW is the most popular poster in our team.

Killjoy is someone who has worked hard during the electoral process and is one of TNA's smartest posters. Also KJ and I kind of go a long way back when everyone else was flaming the shit out of me in the bar room and Killjoy was the only guy who actually advised me how to get better. Not that I would not have gotten there myself, but I do appreciate the gesture.

Of course, if Big Sexy applies the order might change a bit.

Also, the only reason I have decided not to run is because I feel that the non spam wrestling sections are loaded with good mods and that is the only section I would like to moderate. I'm confident I'll get there one day though. It's not as if I am leaving overnight.

What we need is someone who wants to improve the forums. There are 3 sections in non-wrestling non-spam that need a mod. Movies, Video Games, and Sports. I personally believe that every non-spam section needs a mod. Most of my posting comes from WWE or TNA, but if I become mod then my section(s) would become my priority.

Someone needs to step up. Someone who isn't in this for gaining power. Someone who is willing to reach out to newcomers to make them feel welcome. Someone who is determined to improve their given section(s) no matter what.

My promises if I am selected?

1. I would look after my section on a daily basis.

I am 100% willing to look after one or more of the sections in non-wrestling non-spam that are in desperate need of a mod. Although I would enjoy the chance to do WWE or TNA too. No matter where I mod, I promise to improve the section to the best of my abilities. It would take priority over my debating or posting in other sections.

2. Do my part to fight the "mods are nazis" stereotype.

I want to be the mod people come to when they need help. The guy they can depend on. Rather than telling someone how much they suck, I will help them improve. Newcomers need a friend on the staff they can trust. I am willing to be that friend, just as I already am to a number of you.

3. I will be willing to answer questions and share knowledge.

I know a lot about how our forum works. Things like how rep power is calculated, etc. If I become mod then expect me to be in the "ask a staff member" thread often to assist anyone who may need it. I frequently visit it and I find questions I know the answers to.

4. Repping

I am fairly easy to get green rep from. As a mod I plan tp keep it that way. Join in on the discussions in my section(s) if I become a mod, and you'll find yourself getting my rep sooner or later. ;)

If I come up with more ideas I will let you guys know.

VIDEO GAMES
The Video Games section is in desperate need of a mod. I have been a regular there for most of my time at this forum and after Lee stepped down I made it a point to keep this section alive until it receives a mod. I have a wealth of oldschool video game knowledge and, much like with Movies, I keep up with upcoming releases. Every new game with a bigger release deserves a thread and I would keep discussion generated as best I could if I got this section and the section maintenance as needed. It is probably my first choice, but I am open to other choices. My sig links to the section and I will be keeping it that way unless I become mod for another section.

All do respect to Dagger, but I couldn't disagree with this comment anymore for two reasons.

1 - Every big release doesn't need it's own thread because that would just add to the clutter that is already being built in the VG&T area. If every big release had it's own dedicated thread, just in November we would have seen threads for Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3 & Skyrim. How much discussion would actually be had in each of these threads? How many intelligent, thought-out comments would actually contribute to moving the thread forward?

2 - If a thread for every big, triple-A video game released was needed, why haven't they already been created by someone? Where's the thread dedicated to Uncharted 3? Where's the tread dedicated to Modern Warfare 3? They don't exist, because nobody is really interested or able to have a real, non-spam discussion on the games.

---------

I don't think Dagger would make for a terrible moderator for the VG&T section, and I really don't mean any disrespect, or to put him down as a poster and potential candidate. However, I do think that I could do it better. If you plan on running for this election, but don't think that you would be the best person for the job, then you shouldn't even bother putting your name forward.

As I've already said, I will happily support anyone who goes forward for the mod spot. Dagger and Killjoy are my own personal picks, but hatehabs would be a great choice too. As previously stated, he organized this party, and if anyone should be considered it is he. I have to admit hatehabs, I'm not as familiar with your posts as I am with others, but what I've seen is good, and the fact that you've managed to pull together such a solid group of posters under one banner is a great achievement.

But, what Mike said is correct. Regardless of anything, we need someone who will not only make an excellent mod, but someone who can hold their own against Coco. Not only that, but someone who could keep their cool against him in a debate. I think that there are a number of people who have put themselves forward who can take this, and can take Coco down, but we as a party need to make sure that we stay united and follow whoever gets put forward through to the bitter end.

Needless to say......FOR SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think Dagger would make for a terrible moderator for the VG&T section, and I really don't mean any disrespect, or to put him down as a poster and potential candidate. However, I do think that I could do it better.

You are entitled to that opinion and did bring some good ideas to the table. However, you also said you would not be able to devote time on a daily basis to your section should you win. I log onto this forum every single day. Even if it means moderating during my lunch break at work, I promise to look after my section(s) every day and make them my top priority rather than debating elsewhere.

I like that you have your notebook of ideas. If I end up winning, I would plan on setting up a team of people to help generate ideas for the section. Dave did that for movies a while back. The task of helping generate discussion should not fall fully on a moderator but rather on a regulars of that forum. The difference is that I am willing to do that on my own should I have to and can when I am available.

If you plan on running for this election, but don't think that you would be the best person for the job, then you shouldn't even bother putting your name forward.

I without a shadow of a doubt think I am the best man for the job. As a veteran of the forum I have generated discussiom everywhere I go and have contributed across the board while helping others improve for the past 3 years.

I kept the Video Games section alive on two separate occassions when it was without a mod. For a good portion of 2010 and then the past several months of this year. I have spent a little less time there this week and last week to show my strengths elsewhere to prove that I would be good for other sections too. It does not have to be limited to Video Games. I am open to other sections too.

Basically.... Here is what I am looking at. On my days off from work I have far more time open. Those days I can provide new topics, as I put time into coming up with my threads so they can generate more discussion. Those monologues and question lists take time to come up with. New threads on my days off followed by debating with others and repping people who contribute to my section(s). Then on other days I will be responding to other topics while looking for trash and other section maintenance.

That promise as well as my other ones will hold true no matter what section I become mod for. I intend to keep my promises or else I would not have made them. I am the right man for the job and I want this.

As much as I would love to win, and I feel I am a great choice to mod the Book This section, I'm somewhat of an unknown here compared to Dagger, Hatehabs, JWG, etc. So, in the good chance I don't win, I give my full support to Dagger. He would be the best choice for mod, especially in the VGT section. :D

As the senior (as in being an old fart, not being the highest repped or longest member) guy in the party, I thought I'd throw some thoughts forward.

As a party, we are the most serious. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the spam sections but they are primarily aimed at topics that members can fire in their short barbs and jokes. The alumni of the ABC Party have strong post counts and diversity across the various non-spam, more cerebral sections and it is this platform that should take us past Coco and his band of merry men. La Resistance have some great guys among their roster but should quickly realize that strength comes in numbers and that they would be better served joining in with the two parties illustrating this, according to their individual personal beliefs.

On who should represent our party, I think the candidacy group is shaping up nicely and, despite claims from some wags in a certain other party, I think that all our best posters should put their names forward so that we truly head into crunch time with the best representative. As such, I would like for such luminaries as Sal, Davi, Ham, Notorious and Theo to consider throwing their hats in too.

The one thing I would like from our ultimate representative is diversity through the threads, irrespective of which Mod position they ultimately occupy. You will be representing this great group of members and some of us concentrate on one or two forums, whereas others have a wider range of interests. Personally, I'd like our candidate to be one who can speak at length on any forum. This is something I cannot personally do (with the exception of the Tiger Woods series, I have no knowledge of VGT since my days with a Commodore64:lmao:) and why I do not think my hat should be anywhere else but on my head.

At present, my support is fully behind JW because he ticks these boxes. If it was a selfish decision, I'd go for Killjoy because I'd also love to see him assist IDR in the TNA section. At the end of the day, who stands and who people vote for is an individual decision BUT we have, IMO, an unselfish party and I believe we will put forward our best candidate overall and not necessarily the niche (see Coco) or the most popular guy/ gal.

248481063a12954253639l.jpg

(Okey doakey, I'm away to stash the soap box;))

As the senior (as in being an old fart, not being the highest repped or longest member) guy in the party, I thought I'd throw some thoughts forward.

You ain't got me beat by much, old man. I turn 37 in March. :)

I would like for such luminaries as Sal, Davi, Ham, Notorious and Theo to consider throwing their hats in too.

I appreciate the support, however at this time, I have no desire to be a mod. I have been a mod for another site before, and I came to the conclusion that I am much happier simply being a regular contributor rather than hold the hammer. I think I could do a pretty good job, I just have zero interest in it. Rather help get one of the other capable ABC Party members get elected.

I'm not reading through all of this. I took a look at the members of this party, and here's what I think...

Habs - Relatively popular guy, and would make a damn fine moderator. I know some find him boring, uninteresting, blah, blah, blah. I don't feel that way, but that really has nothing to do with being a good moderator. Habs works, not sure he can beat Coco, and that's what this will come down to.

Big Sexy - I don't understand why a lot of people seem to dislike this guy. I think he's a good dude. Can't beat Coco, but I'd vote for him... if I weren't with another party.

Dagger - Nice guy, but it ain't happenin'.

Rattlesnake - Decent poster, can't beat Coco.

Davi - Would make a great mod, not popular enough.

FunKay - Eventually, he'll be a mod anyhow, but I don't see him beating Coco in a popularity contest. Closer than most, but he probably won't win.

Mitch - See FunKay.

Sign Guy - Nowhere near popular enough. I don't hate him, but most seem to.

Shattered - No grey area here - you love him, or hate him. I think he's a decent guy, we get along, but he's not popular enough to win. Would make a great TNA mod.

And, for the one guy who can compete with Coco...

Theo - This needs to be your nominee. I can't think of a single poster with something negative to say about Theo. If you want to compete in this competition, make him your nominee. If he doesn't want it, convince him otherwise.

That's all. Thanks goes out to the three or four people who actually read this.

What about Gunslinger, Nick?

To beat Coco? Not popular enough. I think he's the Rookie of the Year, but Coco is twice as popular.

I'm voting Coco because I think he actually brings something original to the table. He doesn't want to be an anywhere-you-put-me-is-fine kind of moderator. He has a certain section in mind, knows what he wants to do, and is popular enough to win.

Ba-Bomb is officially entering the race and seeking nomination to become the new moderator of the non-spam wrestling section. Most of you have likely already heard what I have to say, you know where I stand, what I want to do, how I want to do it, and I've given you a pretty good idea of what to expect from me. Above all else if I tell you "this is what you will get from me" you can put it in stone, my word is my bond.

I'm not going to go on with a long sales pitch outlining a bunch of info you either don't need because I've already stated my stance, or don't want to read through. Just know this, I can beat Coco, I can beat whoever La Resistance nominates. I need your support to do it, but when it comes to the primaries and we have to go head to head, I've got the speak to do it, I've got the calm, reserve, wits, motivations, and positions to do it as well. I'm the perfect contrast to the real threat that is Coco to win.

You want the ABC Party to win, I can do it. You want to see the People's Party of Moderation take the helm, I can do it. I don't have the numbers and long standing record that others do, but I am fully capable of fulfilling the task, and very passionate about doing so. I want to work to make WZ better in whatever ways I can, period. Take it to the bank, I can cash the check.

The biggest point I want to get across though, is that no matter who is nominated, the party as a whole has got to fully support them if you truly want to see them win. We can not have massive division, we have got to be truly united despite any differences in ideology or anything else. It will take strong support from everyone to make something big happen here, and even if I am not nominated for the party, whoever is will have my full support. Still, you should get behind me. I will lead the way.

That new sig is nice, Fit. Who made it?

One of my amateur attempts, it looked slightly better until I'd to resize to adhere to the 800 sig size. I went for a dual concept - A(J Styles), B(riscoe Brothers) , C(ena) and varying areas of WZ; AJ for the TNA section, Briscoes for the Indies and Cena for the WWe fans... I also gave it a wee Red White Blue tweak to appeal to national pride too. Our official poster does look better but I thought 'Why not diversify?' for my own.

To beat Coco? Not popular enough. I think he's the Rookie of the Year, but Coco is twice as popular.

I'm voting Coco because I think he actually brings something original to the table. He doesn't want to be an anywhere-you-put-me-is-fine kind of moderator. He has a certain section in mind, knows what he wants to do, and is popular enough to win.

If he is that popular then why is this the largest party (with no indication of implosion, despite some shenanigans by certain members of another party)?

Coco is popular, in spam (where he is making his stand) and to most posters, by it's definition, spam sections don't really require control. In a popularity contest, Coco may have a chance but if the majority of WZ members are thinking the best candidate, then they'll pick the ABC candidate who'll moderate a restaurant forum rather than the snack shop.

The mistake many "analysts" are making is judging popularity solely among regulars. The non-spam sections get the most unique traffic and the presence of this party there is significantly more noticeable. If Coco is already behind among the regulars then he is certainly not the lock to win that many are claiming, I'd probably say he isn't even the favorite right now.

I don't think there is any need to put forward a singular candidate right now. There will be plenty of time for that later and the process keeps our members interested and active. The more invested everyone is in the process, the more likely they are to stay cohesive.

My advice to those worried about getting the name out there is for those interested in being candidates to start implementing the ideas they mentioned (that they can do without being a mod). Don't just talk about it here, go be active in those areas.

I know for myself, Im looking for someone to be involved in every section as much as they're capable/interested in. Obviously, their first and foremost priority should be their section. Also, there may not be sections that interest you, and Ill begrudgingly concede that the Cigar Lounge or Potluck aren't everyone's cup of tea. Still, I look for an active member across the forums who shows interest in a vast array of topics. There truly is something for everyone here, and that extends beyond one's preferred section.

I believe we have the candidates from the French Party beat with regards to this, but we need to demonstrate that versatility right now. This gives us "Exhibit A" to point to when showing our versatility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back