• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SVR 2012

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
I know it doesn't come out forever but what I would really enjoy is:

1. Revamped match creator: Extreme Rules Hell in a Cell FTW!

2. GM mode incorporated into WWE Universe.

3. Look at WWE RAW 2: in the season mode in that game you could ambush backstage, set people up, call them out, set up dates, just rest, etc...the game wasn't that great but for what it was at the time I enjoyed their career/season mode immensely. Applied to WWE Universe some of those characteristics would be amazing.

4. Buried Alive, Casket, Ambulance match: Just 1 out of three would be nice-make it happen THQ!

Championship entrances. You should be able to select if you want the belt on your waist or shoulder for create-an-entrances.

You championship entrances should be the same as your regular one, pyro and all. Just with the belt included.

Plus we need fighting in the crowd/backstage during matches. Take out backstage brawls and give the option to go backstage during the match. I know all of these are alot to add in one year, but hopefully by SVR 2013 they'd be able to do this. Is there any website or anything where we can actually suggest this to THQ?

I may be a girl, but I want to bring back some of the Fulfill your Fantasy matches, not necessarily bra and panty matches. But like the pillow fights, or costume matches, paddle on a pole, etc. Even have like a Raw Roulette wheel for one of the create a match ideas. Hell, it'd be great to even do like your own way to have certain guest hosts perhaps (relevant to WWE...legends, alumni) involved in the storyline parts of the game. Bring back blood, like the first blood match. I remember in the "Bring The Pain" game...in the I QUIT match where you could run around the WWE New York area and go through subways, locker room, the arena, the concession stands, etc, and find random microphones, that was cool to do. I think they could bring some of that back.

3. Look at WWE RAW 2: in the season mode in that game you could ambush backstage, set people up, call them out, set up dates, just rest, etc...the game wasn't that great but for what it was at the time I enjoyed their career/season mode immensely. Applied to WWE Universe some of those characteristics would be amazing.

Raw 2 was amazing. The collision detection was pure shit though.

The fact that you could interrupt a finishing move on someone, mid-move and the result was both men randomly falling as if they were crushed by a house.. not the greatest, but funny and annoying all in one when you're doing a Triple Threat with friends.

I loved their story mode though. It was a GM mode ahead of its time. So many options, and so time consuming. Yet if I recall correctly - you had to spent points, or health, or something on everything you did. Maybe I'm thinking of GM mode in saying that.. but I know Raw 2 had something very similar.

4. Buried Alive, Casket, Ambulance match: Just 1 out of three would be nice-make it happen THQ!

They had a blended mix of Buried Alive & Caskets already. It was a Buried Alive arena set-up, but called a Casket match because the goal was to put your opponent inside and close the lid.

Ambulance match doesn't have as much appeal to me as a stretcher match would. How hard would it be to put someone against something, lift them up onto it (same concept as putting them on a table) - then moving behind it and pressing a button repeatedly to slowly move them up the ramp over a line. (same concept as eliminating someone from a rumble)

Plus we need fighting in the crowd/backstage during matches. Take out backstage brawls and give the option to go backstage during the match. I know all of these are alot to add in one year, but hopefully by SVR 2013 they'd be able to do this. Is there any website or anything where we can actually suggest this to THQ?

I miss the ONE and ONLY SvR/SD franchise game in which you could take the fight into the crowd, and climb the randomly set-up scaffold to leap off onto an opponent - possibly set-up on a equally randomly placed table, in the middle of a fan-tapped off section.

Still - I want that back. My need to have a Jeff Hardy CAW would increase almost 100-fold.

I may be a girl, but I want to bring back some of the Fulfill your Fantasy matches, not necessarily bra and panty matches. But like the pillow fights, or costume matches, paddle on a pole, etc.

I'm sorry, but the fantasy/pillow/fluff matches were pure shit. Decent enough concept, and it gives you a bigger reason to use the Diva's. (unless, ya know, you have any type of imagination to use them in actual regular storylines and matches)

I'd love a *something* on a Pole match, though.

Even have like a Raw Roulette wheel for one of the create a match ideas. Hell, it'd be great to even do like your own way to have certain guest hosts perhaps (relevant to WWE...legends, alumni) involved in the storyline parts of the game.

Technically, all of this could be in this years version if you simply take the time in Create-a-Story to, you know, create it. They have an actual segment where you can spin a Roulette wheel. Also they have voice-overs that mention Guest Hosts.

Bring back blood, like the first blood match.

I want to believe you're mocking people now.. especially since First Blood matches, and blood as a whole - are IN THE GAME, right now.

I remember in the "Bring The Pain" game...in the I QUIT match where you could run around the WWE New York area and go through subways, locker room, the arena, the concession stands, etc,

LAWLZ Jumping (suiciding) off the top of the WWE New York building down onto a limo = greatest thing in the world. Going so high, you have Helicopters flying UNDER you.. then leaping off to your (death) opponent.. major win.

and find random microphones,

I miss these in I Quit matches the most. Being able to pick up an actual mic, and then motion against your opponent to bring up a mini-game of forcing them to "quit" or just smacking them in the head with the mic.. no clue why they took that out.

WCW World Tour/No Mercy engine

WCW Revenge was such a better game than World Tour. No Mercy was perhaps the most loved and talked about game of all time as far as Wrestling is concerned.

Still.. the SD system is so much more advanced.. why would you wanna go backwards in development?

I'm sure the No Mercy engine could be polished into something much more enjoyable than what they're using now, that was gooood shit

World Tour was the only one I owned, so

I'm sure the No Mercy engine could be polished into something much more enjoyable than what they're using now, that was gooood shit

World Tour was the only one I owned, so

For when it was - World Tour was fucking amazing. So many guys to use. The ability to edit them/switch outfits. Revenge upgraded the experience. More "wcw" wrestlers, and not so many "foreign" guys. (back then I wasn't experienced in foreign wrestlers so I couldn't tell who was legit real and who was fake)

The SD engine kinda does use part of the World Tour/No Mercy engine though. They have the same grapple system and then the SD version upgraded and modified itself into something more.

The only thing I wish they'd bring back is multiple finishers from different areas. Front, Back, Ground, Corner, Apron, Top Rope, etc.

I really liked the 20 ring count too, I loved fighting outside the ring moreso than in it. Nash was a fucking monster in that game, so was Benoit in the Cruiserweight division. IMO World Tour/No Mercy plays more like a video game and SvR plays more like a wrestling game, I don't want it to be that in-depth sometimes, I just want to beat the shit out of people

I really liked the 20 ring count too, I loved fighting outside the ring moreso than in it. Nash was a fucking monster in that game, so was Benoit in the Cruiserweight division. IMO World Tour/No Mercy plays more like a video game and SvR plays more like a wrestling game, I don't want it to be that in-depth sometimes, I just want to beat the shit out of people

You can actually switch the ring count from 10, 20, 5, or off completely with the new match creator.

Raw 2 was amazing. The collision detection was pure shit though.

The fact that you could interrupt a finishing move on someone, mid-move and the result was both men randomly falling as if they were crushed by a house.. not the greatest, but funny and annoying all in one when you're doing a Triple Threat with friends.

I loved their story mode though. It was a GM mode ahead of its time. So many options, and so time consuming. Yet if I recall correctly - you had to spent points, or health, or something on everything you did. Maybe I'm thinking of GM mode in saying that.. but I know Raw 2 had something very similar.

Yeah, the in-ring wasn't the greatest but was good enough, and I can remember having great matches on it. The story mode was amazing though. I loved that. The only other thing I didn't like about the game was lack of commentary, but I can understand seeing as the time it came out.

Another thing I liked about RAW 2 and it's predecesor even, RAW, was the create a entrance mode on it. I like RAW 2 better though. It was great, and I'd rather have it either day over the one now.

The CAW mode was great too. Extremely in-depth and something I spent hours upon hours on.

They had a blended mix of Buried Alive & Caskets already. It was a Buried Alive arena set-up, but called a Casket match because the goal was to put your opponent inside and close the lid.

Then it can make a return. Whatever. I would like it in some shape or form. Plus, slamming people of caskets/gravesites with the new physics? That'd be fun.

Ambulance match doesn't have as much appeal to me as a stretcher match would. How hard would it be to put someone against something, lift them up onto it (same concept as putting them on a table) - then moving behind it and pressing a button repeatedly to slowly move them up the ramp over a line. (same concept as eliminating someone from a rumble)

Back to the above comments, slamming people off strechers with new physics? YES! And you're right, I'd rather go stretcher over ambulance.

I miss the ONE and ONLY SvR/SD franchise game in which you could take the fight into the crowd, and climb the randomly set-up scaffold to leap off onto an opponent - possibly set-up on a equally randomly placed table, in the middle of a fan-tapped off section.

Still - I want that back. My need to have a Jeff Hardy CAW would increase almost 100-fold.

I only ever got to try SVR (the original) when somebody I knew had a PS2 and SVR 2009-present when I got a 360. I never knew the games in-between, although I've seen the GM mode. The fighting in the crowd I never experienced, but with all you said about it, plus the new physics system this has got to be amazing.

I'd love a *something* on a Pole match, though.

This could be interesting.

LAWLZ Jumping (suiciding) off the top of the WWE New York building down onto a limo = greatest thing in the world. Going so high, you have Helicopters flying UNDER you.. then leaping off to your (death) opponent.. major win.

They were right about video games, they do promote suicide. :lmao:

i want the gm mode to come back. i loved it in 07/08. great concept. another would be create a submission finisher. i know thats a little out there but would be great to see

You know aside from the items mentioned above, I don't think the current 2010, or 11 has the special ref feature, does it? If not, I really think that SHOULD be brought back, that is always a fun match, I liked having that as a match type. Then another match type I used to like from the old Here Comes The Pain, etc days, was the LumberJacks/Jill matches. I think those were some fun ones to play around with.

Exactly, I don't want to create matches, I just want to jump in and start breakin people in half
yeah, go into options int he main menu, and set the default to 20.

WWE uses a 10 count, hence why they have a 10 count. And you used to have to use a rudimentary match creator in those games anyway.

On another note, I played No Mercy a few months ago. It doesn't even come close to standing up to todays games. It was slow as fucking shit, terrible graphics (pretty good for its time, now complete shit), and I wasn't all that fond of the controls either.

Smackdown series >>> No Mercy. There, I said it. I love No Mercy, but let it go, it's beyond outdated, and worth nothing more then a nostalgia play.

Exactly, I don't want to create matches, I just want to jump in and start breakin people in half

It doesn't take all that much time to put the game in, go to the options menu, switch the count-out to 20 or none, and save it to be automatic from then on.

i want the gm mode to come back. i loved it in 07/08. great concept. another would be create a submission finisher. i know thats a little out there but would be great to see

I'd love a Create-a-Submission, but to be honest they'd likely screw it up. The first process they actually gave decent options to was this year's Create-a-Corner Finisher.

Front Finisher (the first year) was good, but limited options.
Air Finisher (the 2nd year) was, and still is, horrible.
Corner Finisher (this year) is nice.

Thing is, not much can be done with a C-a-Submission due to having to add in actual submissions that aren't in the game - at which point it defeats the purpose of having a create-a-mode for it, and not just having them IN the game as a whole to begin with.

You know aside from the items mentioned above, I don't think the current 2010, or 11 has the special ref feature, does it? If not, I really think that SHOULD be brought back, that is always a fun match, I liked having that as a match type. Then another match type I used to like from the old Here Comes The Pain, etc days, was the LumberJacks/Jill matches. I think those were some fun ones to play around with.

I LOVED the special referee feature. In Create-a-Story you can (kinda) mold a match like that.. but you have to set everything up just right.

1. Make the special ref. a manager who stands outside the ring.
2. Make the finish a "health state" requirement.
3. Select mid-match segment, and pick the "help from friends" option.
4. Cut out the interfering guy, and the chair bashing parts. Put the "Special Ref" as the official counting, and there you go.

I know, I know - tons of work, very little pay off.. but tis' what I do for my stories to make them authentic.

Also, I'd love to have Lumberjack matches back in as well. But I remember the first SD game for the PS2 having 8 guys involved - which allowed 3 for each side on the outside. I liked that more. 2 guys each on the outside isn't as fun.

SVR 2012 doesnt exist

Yet......

Oh I thought he meant match creation as in making match types and such, not just settings.

For purpose sake, I'm sure he was. The match creator option (before each match) allows you to modify everything.

However, something as specific as ring-out/count-out is in the actual options menu as well. And since you mentioned not wanting to constantly spend the time doing it over and over; I figured to let you know you wouldn't have to. Just spend the time to switch it once, and it's set for good.

Continuing the "I want" list..

I want more interactive moves with random objects. Announce table, Steps, Ladders, Cages, and especially Chairs.

Anyone (who played it) remember how you could SIT on the actual chairs in the first PS2 SD game? That was bad ass. Could you imagine sitting someone on a chair, then hitting a move onto them?

Anyone (who played it) remember how you could SIT on the actual chairs in the first PS2 SD game? That was bad ass. Could you imagine sitting someone on a chair, then hitting a move onto them?

Hit a spear and wrap them around the fucking chair, I think you have an idea there sit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back