SvR With Attitude

poppycock

Championship Contender
The Smackdown Vs Raw games have become stale and boring as of late.. the universe mode has potential to be something good and I enjoyed the create a story mode but apart from that the actual gameplay and season modes and the same old boring seen it all before stuff dreams are not made of.

How would you improve this stale series which seems to be somewhat stuck at the moment. I would like a complete new games engine and instead or just Smackdown Vs Raw maybe include different eras in the history of the WWE.. starting with an era everybody goes on about and that is the attitude era..

Maybe have an Attitude invasion in the storymode where a team of superstars from that era get together and try take over the current WWE.. a challenge mode where you recreate some of the most iconic matches from that era.. I don't know how I would go about this just yet (still thinking about something fresh and original to bring to the game of which I could incorperate my era idea)

anyway what would you do if you could do anything with this idea..

maybe have 40 current stars and 20 era stars..plus some unlockables

I remember when you could go to Season Mode, and actually play a year-round worth of WWE. I believe it was WWE: Here Comes The Pain where you could keep playing even after becoming the champion and even then challenge for tag team championship and all. I miss that kind of continuous gameplay, and would love to see it get resurrected.

Another thing I miss (and I don't know if they fixed this) weapon usage. In a game like WWE: HCTP, you could pick up a chair and beat you opponent over and over again without said foreign object "magically" vanishing without a trace. I thought that was stupid; not believable in the slightest.

As for your idea of introducing an Attitude Era for gameplay, they would have to change the rating, or we will have guys like X-Pac not being crotch-chopping happy or Stone Cold just fist pumping the air. I'd love to see a WWE game bring back some attitude for a last stand but it will dramatically effect career mode and everything else. The designers may not make up their minds when it comes to watering them down or amp them up and change the demographic.

But if I went about it, I would definitely make a nostalgic game for the mature audience. I'd have a few big names today like Orton, Cena, and CM Punk and throw them in a game along with Austin, Mankind, and Road Dogg. Have unlockable classic accessories like the WWF (change to E for copyright sake) black backdrop the superstars used to come out through, old tron footage and the like. Bra And Panties Match should also be unlockable, along with the Hardcore Championship and Light Heavyweight Championship. Just some thoughts

My favorite mode in the SvR series ever was the General Manager mode. I think this mode would clearly be entertaining to me because of the brains you must use while connecting it to wrestling. I really enjoyed this mode and think it belongs in the SvR series. I think that this would make the games less stale and would generally add to the overall gaming experience. Apart from a GM mode I would also add more variety to the matches and add to the amount of people who can be in a match. I like the bigger matches in the SvR series and if they could add more people to matches then it would add to the interest of the SvR series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back