Survivor Series LD

Good pay per view the last match saved it. I think that most of the matches were average at best but it deserves 3 1/2 stars as well

Solid PPV. Glad I ordered it. WWE title match didn't disappoint, definitely a 3.75/5 in my mind. Kofi picking up the win surprised me and he put on a heck of a showing. Disappointed in JoMo's team losing, but Sheamus, McIntyre, and Miz looked solid in the process. Either way it was a solid show.

The show was mediocre. It definitely wasn't outstanding, but it wasn't that horrible either. The last match was a saving grace. It was the only match where the crowd was actively into. Additionally, it was one of the rare occasions where there was a genuine shock. I agree with the 3.5 rating.

It was an all-round solid show but my problem with it is pretty much nothing happened. There's no one big moment coming from this show, certainly plenty of buildup but 3 SS matches, Batista beats Rey and the 2 champions retain. For a Big 4 show, you expect something memorable.

There is a General Survivor Series PPV Discussion thread in the WWE PPV section if you would like to participate and provide your thoughts in there. That thread will stay up along with the specific match threads, until Tuesday morning, so you can talk about what you thought about the event overall in the General thread ... or if you want to talk specifics about what you liked or didn't like about each individual match, you can do so in those respective threads, as well.

Just a friendly reminder that the General thread below is in a Non-Spam section.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=74016

It was an all-round solid show but my problem with it is pretty much nothing happened. There's no one big moment coming from this show, certainly plenty of buildup but 3 SS matches, Batista beats Rey and the 2 champions retain. For a Big 4 show, you expect something memorable.

here are 3 potential "big Moments" from Survivor Series 2009:
  • Kofi Kingston's win, cementing him as a superstar in the making by pinning 2 world champions (clean) in 6 seconds. If Kofi becomes a superstar in the business, this is the moment people will look at as a launching pad or Kofi's career (more-so then last weeks assault on Orton, or the destruction of the car).
  • The beginning of the DX-split, with a potential for a heel turn by one of them.
  • Melina not screwing up her finisher.:lmao:
Plus, this may be the first PPV all year where the World and WWE Titles BOTH were retained. That's a GOOD thing, if you ask me. The titles change hands WAY too often now, and letting the champion retain could help build credibility to the titles, and the title reigns.

I suppose, if you want a "Big Moment," maybe Vince McMahon could come down to ringside and screw John Cena or The Undertaker out of the WWE title or something, making it the 109,342,857th World/WWE title change this year. Lord knows WWE needs another title change.

Not a bad PPV at all.

Kofi was excellent and I'm glad that WWE isn't fucking up with him..............YET!

Cena vs HBK vs HHH was outstanding. IDK, but I may be becoming a Cena fan. He has had two back to back outstanding matches at the last two PPVs. Although in this triple threat he had the greatest in ring performer ever (HBK) and one of the greatest in ring performers (HHH) to work with. It was an outstanding match though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back