• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Survivor Series 2012 Discussion

If it does happen, would you mind seeing Cena/Ziggler main event?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

theBusiness

Pre-Show Stalwart
About a month away and it looks like this can be a HUGE ppv. WWE has been great the past couple of weeks. Here is my card:

WWE Championship - CM Punk vs. Ryback

So I know this might cause a lot of controversy. But I feel Vince NEEDS to capitalize on Ryback's momentum before it dies out. This man is huge right now and I know there are many people who don't want to see him in the main event picture yet. I was also skeptical at first, but not anymore. The way I see it, Ryback has already messed up all the WrestleMania plans. At this pace, he needs to be in one of the WrestleMania main events (thus screwing up the double main event involving Cena, Rock, Lesnar, Taker and possibly Punk) And if they're going to put the title on him, it has to be either at WrestleMania, which I highly doubt they will do, or Survivor Series. Yes, if Ryback isn't going to win the strap at the big one, it needs to be soon. As in next month. Trust me, I really don't want to take the belt off of Punk. Like I said, he's already screwed up the plans as it is. Ryback should take the belt off Punk at SS, then have Punk regain it sometime before the Royal Rumble via a Brock Lesnar interference (they're both aligned with Heyman). YES, this sets up Brock vs. Ryback at MetLife. What better way to promote your future biggest star than to have face Brock fucking Lesnar on the grandest stage of them all?

The Rematch - John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar

I can't see Triple H returning to TV this soon. IMO, that will happen as WrestleMania comes closer. Cena is involved with Punk/Heyman right now, so (wishful thinking) I would have Cena-Punk at HIAC and have Lesnar interfere to cause Cena the match. Cena's victory over Lesnar at Extreme Rules is the only thing not making Lesnar look like the beast they say he is. This can also give Cena something to do while they establish a true Ryback-Punk feud.

World Heavyweight Championship - Sheamus vs. Big Show

I don't like it, but I know it will happen. Big Show won't have a month long program with Sheamus and it will likely continue into Survivor Series. Hopefully this will be the end and IMO it will be an ideal time to have Ziggler cash in. A Last Man Standing match would work here and save us from a complete snoozefest. A beat down Sheamus wins and Dolph cashes in.

Traditional Elimination Match - Team Orton vs. Team Del Rio

These two are already starting a feud. And there's plenty of solid names right now that would make this a very attractive match. (Orton, Kane, Bryan, Rey, Sin Cara) vs. (Del Rio, Rhodes, Sandow, Barrett, Cesaro). Perfect.

Intercontinental Championship - The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston

They'll probably face at HIAC, so either this rematch happens at Survivor Series or insert someone else to make it a triple threat...? Filler match, regardless.

Divas Championship - Eve vs. Kaitlyn

Another filler. Divas gotta be involved somehow. Eve is revealed as Kaitlyn's attacker (shocker) and hereeee's the match.

Nice card, a lot of it makes sense but I will give a different twist on the 'main event'.

WWE Title - CM Punk/Brock Lesnar vs John Cena/Ryback
No reason why the WWE Title cannot be defended in a tag match (done before a few times). I have a big feeling that HIAC will now become a Triple Threat. WWE are teasing this IMO and this will allow Cena in the Main Event but will also take some of the work load of him giving he may not be 100%. An interferance from Lesnar can set up this match and give Punk the win again. Punk can pin Cena and Rybacks undefeated streak is still intact 'technically' and they can bill him as 'never been pinned' or 'undefeated in singles action'.

Onto this match, if Punk or Lesnar are pinned then whoever makes the pin is WWE Champion. Cena and Ryback can 'get into it' and this can cause the loss. Cena/Ryback still look strong and Punk/Lesnar look stronger. Have Lesnar pin Cena, avenging that loss and strengthening the Punk/Lesnar/Heyman partnership.

WWE Title
CM Punk(c) vs. Ryback
-Assuming Cena gets the HIAC match and loses. This gives Ryback a shot at SS...

Team Orton vs. Team Del Rio
Orton, Kane, Bryan, Kingston, Mysterio vs. Del Rio, Rhodes, Sandow, Barrett, Ziggler
-Orton/Del Rio, Kane/Bryan & The Rhode Scholars all have feuds right now. The rest are kind of in limbo and need something. Ten Man Elimination Match...

John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar
-I assume Lesnar will have a match here and you could have him cost Cena at HIAC setting up the rematch...

Intercontinental Championship
The Miz(c) vs. Christian
-Christian i believe will be returning soon and Id like to see a nice rivalry between these two. Leading to a ladder match at TLC...

United States Championship
Antonio Cesaro(c) vs. Ted DiBiase
-Cesaro is awesome and should get a title defense on the big ppv. DiBiase is fresh and can put on a good match with Cesaro. Just build it up a bit, have DiBiase win a battle royal or something to gain the opportunity and have them actually have some interaction before the ppv...

Survivor Series – More realistically what could happen

WHC Title
Sheamus vs Ziggler(I think Big Show is done when Cena is back. I also don’t care who really wins)

WWE Title
CM Punk vs Cena
*he band causes Ryback to lose at HITC, also Cena wins so we have Rock and Cena at then Rumble, I don’t want to see it again at WM

Traditional Survivor Tag
Team Orton- Orton, Kane, D. Bryan, Rey, and Sin Cara
Team Del Rio- Alberto, D. Young T. O’Neil, Rhodes, and Sandow
*gain don’t matter who wins, but a lot of star power

Int Title
Miz vs Kofi vs Tyson Kidd
*would be nice to see either Kofi or Kidd get pushed. I think Kofi and Kidd could put on one of the best matches of the year. Other than that winner doesn’t matter

US Title
Antonio Cesaro vs Jack Swagger
*Swagger returns, with push. Swagger wins

Traditional Survivor Tag
The Band- W. Barrett, D. McIntyre, J. Mahal, H. Slater, and Albert
Team Feed Me- Ryback, Santino, Z. Ryder, and B. Clay, and R-Truth
*another good match to help boost talent. Good mix of mid carders that are over and people that arnt there yet but can need that little extra.

Divas Titile
Eve vs Natalya
*Natalya wins and gets a well deserving push till Wrestle Mania

Servivor Series- Alt main event

Team Hayman- CM Punk, Lesner, W. Barrett, Sandow, and Rhodes
Team VKM- John Cena, HHH, Kane, D. Bryan, and Orton(or Ryback)

Couple ideas

I think you go TWO Traditional Survivor Series matches to keep people semi fresh heading into the December and Royal Rumble PPV's

Team Heyman: Punk/Ziggler/Show/Sandow/Rhodes
vs
Team Vince: Cena/Ryback/Sheamus/Rey/Sin Cara

Maybe the stipulation here....is if Vince's team wins....Vince chooses Punk's opponent at the December PPV among the winning team members. If Heyman's team wins....Heyman and Vicki will control RAW together for the remander of the year and AJ will be out.

How you get there??? Lesnar screws Ryback at HIAC. Lesnar interferes and costs Ryback title (or Cena...but I doubt Cena will be ready in 2 weeks...that elbow still doesn't seem right). Lesnar is in Team heyman's corner. And Vince and HHH are in Team Vince's corner.

Other survivor series match you do is:

Team Orton: Orton/Kane/DBD/Kofi/Ryder
vs
Team Del Rio: ADR/O'Neill/Young/Miz/Cesaro

Cena might not even be at Survivor Series. There was a report not long ago mentioning that if Cena competes at Hell In A Cell then he may take some time off after the PPV to recuperate. But this is Cena afterall, so I wouldn't be suprised if he still keeps going after HIAC, and I think the PPV will need him anyway if the WWE want big buyrates.

It's sad to see the traditional Survivor Series elimination match relegated to the mid-card. Once upon a time it was treated as the most relevant part of the show, they'd close the PPV's, and we'd have 2 of these matches every year, but now look at it. I'd love to see a traditional SS elimination match go back to main eventing at this years Survivor Series and for there to be 2 on the show.

In the main event, you could have a team consisting of "Heyman Guys" and it's lead by Punk & Lesnar, against a team of "McMahon Guys" and that's lead by Cena & Ryback. On Team McMahon, I'd throw HHH & Undertaker in there too, not only to help boost the buyrates for the PPV, but for HHH to exact his revenge on Lesnar and to set up Undertaker vs. Lesnar for Wrestlemania 29. Undertaker could be revealed as their mystery partner on the night of the PPV or on the RAW go home show.

The Heyman Guys - CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, Wade Barrett, Tensai & Jack Swagger
vs.
The McMahon Guys - John Cena, Ryback, Triple H, The Undertaker & Christian

In the other Survivor Series match, it would basically be Team Orton vs. Team Del Rio but to make it more relevant, have the two GM's of RAW & Smackdown, AJ & Booker, feud with each other as originally planned a month ago, and have them pick their own SS teams to face off against each other, but have Booker turn heel and maybe bring back the King Booker gimmick, so he can back Team Del Rio cause you'll obviously need a heel GM for a team of heels.

AJ's Crazies - Randy Orton, Kane, Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara
vs.
King Booker's Royalties - Alberto Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Dolph Ziggler & Antonio Cesaro

Nevermind the corny team names BTW.

As for the rest of the card...

Last Man Standing Match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Sheamus vs. Big Show

Divas Championship - Eve vs. Layla vs. Kaitlyn

Intercontinental Championship - The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston

WWE Championship
CM Punk vs. Ryback vs. John Cena It could allow Ryback to be in a main event, not walk out with the title, and also not be pinned

World Heavyweight Championship
Dolph Ziggler vs. Big Show Ziggler cashes in at HIAC after Big Show wins, Big Show and Sheamus face off on Smackdown to see who gets their rematch

Brock Lesnar vs. Sheamus-Street Fight Lesnar against a wrestler of HHH's choice due to his arm injury. Lesnar wins a hard-fought battle. and starts to assault Sheamus after the match. Undertaker comes in to save Sheamus and set up a WrestleMania match

Traditional Survivor Series Match
Team Orton- Orton/Kane/Daniel Bryan/Jack Swagger/Christian
vs.
Team Del Rio- Del Rio/Cody Rhodes/Damien Sandow/David Otunga/Big Show

Intercontinental Championship
The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston Ladder Match

U.S. Championship
Antonio Cesaro vs. Tyson Kidd

Divas Championship
Eve. vs Kaitlyn

CM Punk vs John Cena 60 Iron Man Match
This needs to happen. It would be the perfect way to end this rivalry. It is the only rivalry since Randy Orton VS John Cena that I think is worthy of such a match. Cena and Punk always put on great matches and this could end up being the best yet.

1 Hour Iron Man Match for the WWE Champioship: CM Punk(c) vs. John Cena
- As stated before me, this match needs to happen! This is the most prolific, full-time, feud in WWE since Cena & Edge. Let Cena heal up & get to 100% so that the true "Champ" is crowned & will face The Rock at the Rumble. This match could be epic & their feud deserves a true culmination.

Classic 5-on-5 Survivor Series Tag Team Match
Team Heyman: Brock Lesnar, The Big Show, Tensai, Dolph Ziggler(Mr. MitB) & Antonio Cesaro(US Champion)
vs.
Team McMahon: The Undertaker, Triple H, Sheamus(World Champion), Ryback, & Brodus Clay

- Team McMahon vs. Heyman could & probably should have happened years ago. This is WWE's chance so still make it happen. There are clear lines being drawn as to who is & isn't a "Heyman Guy". Not to mention guys like Sheamus would otherwise be up in the air as far as opponents go & Ryback may become irrelelvant if not continuously fighting for a cause. Have Triple H lead a team into battle against the man who made him tap out, Lesnar, then let Taker make a suprise appearence & help maintain WWE & more importantly, Vince McMahon's dominance.

Classic 5-on-5 Survivor Series Tag Team Match
Team Hell: Kane, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, & The Primetime Players
vs.
Team No: Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston(IC Champion), & The Usos

- Team Hell No is due to break up. I love them but they went one on one at Summerslam & I think it would be pathetic if a singles match is how they end their partnership. Let Team Bryan face Team Kane in a final showdown!

Fatal Four Way Tag Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Rhodes Scholars(c) vs. Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara vs. Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel vs. Hunico & Camacho

- Rhodes scholars are the best choice to take the belts off of team hell no. Let them have a decent little title reign & have them lose them here in a "cheap" fashion to cause a rift between rhodes scholars & lead to Damien Sandow maikng his true rise to glory!!!!

Triple Threat Match for the Divas Championship
Eve(c) vs. Layla vs. Kaitlyn

- Not even gonna lie, I put this match here to be realistic. If it were up to me, the Divas title wouldn't be defended on TV or PPV till the division meant something or was worth something. I see them finalizing this feud here(after dragging it out WAY too long because there is not much to work with in the division) before heading into Mania.

YouTube Pre-Show: The Band(Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, & Jinder Mahal) vs. Zack Ryder, Santino Marella, & Alex Riley
- Nothing screams "The Band" & the team of Marella & Ryder like a tag team preshow match!!!

According to F4WOnline.com, the WWE has released a synopsis for this year's Survivor Series. The synopsis from InDemand is confirming that there will be a 10 man elimination tag match at the event. The synopsis all but comes out suggests that CM Punk will be involved in the match. The synopsis reads like this:

"This year, the act of survival turns into an all-out quest for total domination...and respect! Don't miss an incredible event featuring your favorite WWE Superstars competing in a classic five-on-five match."

While a lot can still change between now and then, the "respect" line is the indicator that CM Punk will be a part of the match. If Punk is scheduled to be the captain of one of the teams, you can be certain that Cena and probaby Ryback will be on the other one. The traditional Survivor Series match hasn't been the top match at the ppv in a very long time so it'll be refreshing for it to be back at the forefront. These matches are almost always entertaining and they can be a platform for younger talent on the roster to generate some memorable moments.

Unless a major storyline comes to the forefront in the next few weeks with some factioning happening, I really don't see the main event going down as a classic Survivor tag-match. That would really water down the rest of the card.

And who would it even involve? Let's mash up some faces (Cena, Ryback, Sheamus, Kane, D-Bry) and have them take on some heels (Punk, Big Show, Ziggler, Wade Barrett, ADR). Sounds like a Raw main-event from 2009.

If I am not mistaken Rock and Cena were supposed to team up in a Survivor Series Elimination Match last year. Even WWE.com themselves implied it but it was just turned into a tag team match.

I hope they follow through this time around. If The Rock could not improve the buy rates of the Survivor Series last year perhaps putting an emphasis in a Survivor Series style match could do it.

I also don't see why the WWE does not do this match as much on PPV anymore. Survivor Series matches are just so flexible tat there's so much opportunities in these matches to help push, create, or develop new feuds because of the multi-man setup. Survivor Series matches were the place that put The Rock on the map ... twice, gave Diesel his big push, have Jeff Hardy his push, and had the debut of the Undertaker.

As for the match ... I think we will get a team Cena vs. team Punk in the PPV. Maybe a stipulation that if Punk wins Cena will never get another title shot as long as Punk is champion but if Cena wins he gets a title shot at TLC. This could work simple and not as predictable as one might think.

Heck we could go one step further how about a Triple Threat Survivor Series Elimination Match Team Punk vs. Team Cena vs. Team Ryback ... if Punk wins neither Cena or Ryback get a title shot, if Cena wins he gets a title shot at TLC, and if Ryback wins he gets a title shot at TLC. I think this could be a feasible scenario since its possible Ryback vs. Punk at Hell in a Cell Could be a non-finish.

So we can have a 4-on-4-on-4 CM Punk, Damien Sandow, Cody Rhoes, and The Miz vs. John Cena, Kofi Kingson, Zack Ryder, and Santino Marella vs. Ryback, R-Truth, Tyson Kidd, and The Big Show

Tag Team Main Events usually don't do well as far as main eventing a PPV (nevermind one of the flag ship events of the year). There would have to be major stakes involved in this match for it to headline the PPV and I think finding a creative way to have the title involved would add to the intrigue. Maybe making it that whoever scores the winning fall will be the champion. The obvious choice would be some kind of control of WWE at stake between the McMahon Guys and the Heyman Guys. I imagine the teams would consist of:

Team McMahon
Cena, Ryback, Kane, Bryan, HHH

Team Heyman
Punk, Lesnar, Big Show, Miz, Cesaro

Lesnar obviously is the big question mark but if you want to make this the Main Event of one of the biggest PPV's of the year, you need to make sure you have big names attached to it. Lesnar sells PPV's and I think including him and HHH make this a blockbuster. I included Cesaro as the last guy on Team Heyman because he seems to be getting a major rub being featured on Raw and the announcers have been putting him over HUGE. I know everyone will want Ziggler but I have a feeling he will be involved somehow with Sheamus come Survivor Series.

Iam hoping Survivor Series goes back to its roots. It was one of my favorite PPVs as a kid. You may disagree with me but I havent seen a good tradional Survivor Series match since 2005:Team Raw(HBK, Kane, Big Show, Carlito and Chris masters) vs Team Smackdown(Batista, Randy Orton, JBL, Rey Mysterio and Bobby Lashley). Im hoping this will open up some opprotunities for the younger guys to come up from NXT that punk is high on to the main roster.

In other news, a 30 man, over the top rope, elimination match is rumoured to be taking place at the next Royal Rumble pay per view.

While this report does seem to be merely stating the obvious, since there's always at least one traditional Survivor Series match at the PPV every year, it's been a while since this kind of match has been the main event (probably the one that blew off the Invasion angle, I think).

To echo what JH says, if they were going with a main event SS match, it would have to focus on the storyline between Cena and Punk, possibly with a team of "Heyman guys" going up against a team picked by VKM. This I would rather see than Randy Orton teaming up with a bunch of mid-carders for the night, which has been done several times before - although Team Orton vs. Team Del Rio seems the likely choice for allowing some lesser established stars getting some PPV time.

Not to mention the ongoing feuds in the revitalised tag division; if Kane and Bryan were to split, each of them could recruit two teams to face off against one another.

But if I'm allowed to fantasy book, I'd have Punk, Lesnar, Show, Tensai, and Ziggler face Cena, Ryback, Kofi, Kane, and Bryan.

I see no reason to do this. It's the perfect way to work Punk vs....well everyone (Cena, Rock, Ryback, Vince etc...) and blow-off, develop and begin his feuds. The real question for me would be is it going to be Team Punk vs. Team Cena, or is it going to be Team Heyman vs. Team McMahon? At the moment, the latter looks likely, not that I really have an issue with that. At this point in time it's a question of who features in the match. One one hand, Heyman's squad:

Now Punk is the obvious Team Captain, we all know that. His partners? Well if it's Heyman's team, Brock Lesnar springs to mind. He may only have a limited number of appearances, but he's a fairly big name and proven to do some solid draw-rates. His appearance would be goood in that respect, but it would also make sense from a storytelling perspective. Big Show is a long-term ally of Heyman's. Show was managed by Heyman back in 2002/2003 and they've interacted plenty of times before. He's pretty much a guy you'd want to have watching your main guys backs in this one. How do you fill out the remainder of the squad though? Barrett? Del Rio? Ziggler? Rhodes & Sandow? Primetime Players? There are plenty of options for them to choose from, and still have a fair amount of depth in the roster for the rest of the card.

With the heels settled, let's examine the faces. Team Captain is obviously Cena, and you have to figure Ryback's in this one too. So that leaves the other guys. Right now, Kane & Daniel Bryan are making a big mark as the face tag team that doesn't get along. They're one of the best things about WWE, and they both have history with CM Punk. They're also main event caliber talents, so it's certainly not a huge leap of faith. They are a pretty good fit here, and if they're brought in, it would make sense. That leaves the final, coveted spot. That could go to a number of guys:

Sheamus and Orton are two big enough names to round out the team, but I think they'll be busy elsewhere. Seeing as this is Vince's team, it makes sense for Vince to call in one of his legends. There are plenty of options here. Steve Austin is likely a very long shot, though if he was ready and what have you he'd be great here. Doubt that very much though due to various reasons. The Undertaker? Could work if WWE plans on running Punk vs. Taker for Mania, it'd be a big boy in Vince's arsenal that most wouldn't expect, but again, I doubt it. The two obvious candidates are The Rock and Triple H. Trips has issues with Brock, Rocky with Punk. Hunter is Vince's son-in-law and as such, is probably more likely for the job, but you can't rule the Rock out. He's a big name and he's got the WWE Champion (surely Punk) at the Rumble, so a preview of that doesn't seem unrealistic. Either way the team will be rounded out in style.

Whatever the case is, this will be a fantastic, star powered match. There will be big names galore and it should lead to a very good buy-rate for the show, nevermind the quality of actual wrestling. I'm sure it'll be great...if they do it.

If they really want to build up mania and rumble and gather real interest they should do something like this:

Have Punk beat Ryback at HiaC (Interference from Lesnar not crucial but will certainly add to it)

Have Punk and Heyman come out the next night and say that no matter what they do they don't get respect so now, to finally get the respect they deserve they are going to "take over" the WWE.

This leads to a challenge match between Team Heyman vs Team WWE. For WWE, VKM assembles his loyalists, the fellas that have stuck with the E through thick and thin, toss in Cena, Ryback, HHH, Rocky and Taker (if the latter 2 are available)

For team heyman, toss in Lesnar, Punk, Show, Ziggler and Orton.

Have Heyman's team win and get Ryback to turn as well (not likely) with Punk pinning both Rocky and Taker.

Heyman then runs the company until after Mania

I like the idea of the traditional match only because I think WWE keeps Punk as champ and this is a way to keep him involved without defending the title. I think the match will be between Team WWE and Team Heyman aka "Paul Heyman Guys". Team WWE most likely will bemade up of Cena, Ryback, Sheamus, Kane or HHH, and a returning Undertaker( am I the only one who remembers the reports of Taker having a match at Survivor Series?). Team Heyman will most likely be Punk, Brock, Big Show, Barrett, and either Bryan or Ziggler with my preference being Ziggler. You have tons of storyline there with the current Punk, Cena, Ryback story then u have the tag champs on opposite sides if they go with Bryan or Ziggler's potential to cash in his money in the bank case in the middle of the match on Sheamus. If u pick HHH for team WWE then u have the dynamic between him and Brock not to mention the dynamic between Punk, Brock, and Heyman I mean is Brock going to be willing to be a team player and hell if he wants to be champion how will that sit with Punk? Then throw in the biggest afterthought even in the return of Taker and u got a hugely intriguing PPV with tons of stories for creative to work with( if they don't botch it like always )

If they really want to build up mania and rumble and gather real interest they should do something like this:

Have Punk beat Ryback at HiaC (Interference from Lesnar not crucial but will certainly add to it)

Have Punk and Heyman come out the next night and say that no matter what they do they don't get respect so now, to finally get the respect they deserve they are going to "take over" the WWE.

This leads to a challenge match between Team Heyman vs Team WWE. For WWE, VKM assembles his loyalists, the fellas that have stuck with the E through thick and thin, toss in Cena, Ryback, HHH, Rocky and Taker (if the latter 2 are available)

For team heyman, toss in Lesnar, Punk, Show, Ziggler and Orton.

Have Heyman's team win and get Ryback to turn as well (not likely) with Punk pinning both Rocky and Taker.

Heyman then runs the company until after Mania

So Rock, Taker, Triple H and the undefeated Ryback all get pinned? 3 returning superstars lose in a tag, doesnt do their stock anygood. Hmmm, if they are running with this then Punks team has to win to continue the storyline.

That team is too strong...Cena, Ryback are the obvious choices. Maybe Triple H. It will be Bryan and Kane as the other 2. Maybe even R-Truth or Kofi.

As for the other team, Show would make sense but he will be busy with Sheamus. Orton is a face, dont see him turning anytime soon as he in a fued with Del Rio. Maybe Punk will bring someone like Mason Ryan in to make up the numbers. He brought him into Nexus.

So Rock, Taker, Triple H and the undefeated Ryback all get pinned? 3 returning superstars lose in a tag, doesnt do their stock anygood. Hmmm, if they are running with this then Punks team has to win to continue the storyline.

That team is too strong...Cena, Ryback are the obvious choices. Maybe Triple H. It will be Bryan and Kane as the other 2. Maybe even R-Truth or Kofi.

As for the other team, Show would make sense but he will be busy with Sheamus. Orton is a face, dont see him turning anytime soon as he in a fued with Del Rio. Maybe Punk will bring someone like Mason Ryan in to make up the numbers. He brought him into Nexus.

Ryback won't be undefeated, he'll lose at HiaC. Rocky, Taker and HHH losing does not hurt their credibility in any way whatsoever. These guys have cemented their legacy, losing in a tag match doesn't make them look weak, it also makes for more compelling storylines, rocky chasing punks belt leading up to the RR, Taker defending his streak again at mania and HHH looking for redemption after questioning his own ability to still win the big ones (he'd have lost his last 3 matches, against taker, lesnar and this tag match)

This is great news. The traditional Survivor Series match hasn't exactly been treated like the most relevant part of the show in a while, it's been watered down & relegated to mid-card status, with just one main eventer teaming with a bunch of mid-carders against another main eventer teaming with another bunch of mid-carders. If the traditional SS match were to continue in this same trend, eventually people would stop caring about the match, so I'm very happy to hear this news.

The storyline behind this one will be interesting to see. I wouldn't mind seeing a "Heyman Guys" vs. "VKM Guys" match but I also like the idea of a "Heyman Guys" vs. "AJ Guys" match, where AJ & Paul are feuding over the RAW GM position and if AJ's team wins, she remains GM but if Heyman's team wins, he becomes the new RAW GM. Or better, both Paul & Vicky Guerrero are after AJ & Booker's jobs and we see a team representing both Paul & Vicky vs. a team representing both AJ & Booker, and if AJ & Booker's team win, they remain GM's but if they lose, the GM spots go to Paul & Vicky, where Paul will be GM of RAW and Vicky will be the GM of Smackdown - I don't think that's ever been done before in fact.

As for the people involved, how about...

Team Punk: CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger (returns under Heyman's management)
Team Cena: John Cena, Triple H, Ryback, Kane & Daniel Bryan

Another traditional Survivor Series match would be good to see. We haven't had two since 2009.

Team Orton: Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston, Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara & Brodus Clay
Team Del Rio: Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow & Tensai

And for the rest of the SS card...

WHC (Last Man Standing) - Sheamus vs. Big Show

Divas Championship - Eve vs. Layla vs. Kaitlyn

US Championship - Antonio Cesaro vs. Christian

#1 Contendership for the Tag Titles - Prime Time Players vs. The Usos vs. International Airstrike vs. Zack Ryder & Santino Marella

Pre-Show - David Otunga vs. R Truth

I don't think it will be a five on five match, but it may very well be just a two on two, regular tag team match. Being CM Punk/Lesnar vs Ryback/Cena. I mean really? It's that simple the PPV Survivor Series will revolve around those four "wrestlers" Punk, Cena, Lesnar, and Ryback. Some people just dont know it yet but Lesnar will return at Hell In A Cell 90% chance in my opinion. Paul Heyman mentioned Brock's name in conversation with Vince McMahon. "Don't make CM Punk do to you, what BROCK LESNAR did to your son in law, Triple H". So you kind of get the point. Brock will return at some point, probably Hell In A Cell and Brock will basically tear down the cell door and destroy Ryback thus, Punk winning. Possibly setting up Ryback vs Lesnar and Punk vs Cena the final showdown at Survivor Series in maybe an Iron Man match or something. Or of course go the root of the tag team match combining both fueds into one tag match. Which, hopefully this won't happen.

They should do this. Heyman and Vince should make a Survivor Series match for the control of the WWE. They would find good people for their teams that will eventually take on each other at Survivor Series. If it was up to me, I'd put it like this.

Team Heyman: CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, Wade Barrett, ADR, and The Miz

Team Vince: John Cena, Ryback, D.Bryan, Kane, and Randy Orton

I'd have Team Heyman win, of course, and they would reign over the WWE til WM, where Triple H would regain control by victory over a wrestler of Heyman's choice.

I am bored of seeing regular Survivor Series matches every year comprising of faces and heels battling out against each other. It was fun when there were some special stipulation attached to it like in 2004 SS match where the winners of one team would get to manage RAW each week.

They have a good opportunity to do something different this time, like WWE Legends vs. WWE Newblood Survivor Series match like HHH, The Rock, Kane, The Undertaker vs. Cena, Punk, Orton, Bryan.

I just read in another thread that WWE has posted an article that hints at CM Punk being involved in a traditional 5 on 5 elimination match!

If Punk is to be involved in this match:
Who do you think will be part of Punks team?
Who do you think will be part of the opposing team?
Will this match involve any stipulation or title?
Who will victor in this match Punks team or the opposing team?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back