• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

Mike Adamle - GM of Raw

John Cena Royal Rumble's 30th Entrant

Hardy wins the WWE Tite

William Regal wins the King of the Ring

WWE Pushes the Young Kids (Kofi, Punk, Kendrick)

ECW Title goes to Henry and Chavo

CM Punk wins the WHC on RAW

Jericho wins WHC at the Scramble

Mayweather breaks Big Show's Nose

John Cena Royal Rumble's 30th Entrant
Hardy wins the WWE Tite
Jericho wins WHC at the Scramble

^ One of those. The Money in the Bank cash-in is always a little surprise, but with the draft, we knew somehow Raw would have to get the title back and once both Edge and HHH retained, that was the next logical step. Hardy winning the WWE title was not something I was expecting, nor was Jericho winning the title, and I don't think anybody had a clue Cena would be returning at the Royal Rumble. Now, as soon as he came out, we knew he'd win it, but we all figured the rumble would go to either HHH or Undertaker as those two feuds were starting up.

Not sure which one I'll vote for between those. Try to convince me.

WWE had some great surprises for us this year, and while I loved Cena returing at the Rumble and Punk winning the World Heavyweight Championship on Raw, Mayweather busting Big Show up is my favorite surprise of the year.

I am a HUGE Floyd Mayweather fan. He ranks right up there with Manny Pacquiao as my favorite boxer this decade. And for him to show up on WWE to not only beat someone's ass, but for it to be the fucking Big Show… shit doesn't get more awesome then that. It ranks right up there with Austin pushing Tyson as far as I'm concerned. And the fact that Mayweather really nailed Show and they played it off so well as a shoot made it that much more spectacular. WWE truly did a great job with that angle.

Dude, its not even remotely close.

I have heard unverified stories of the greatest stench ever made in the history of earth. It was created collectlively by 20 thousand people all simultaneously shitting their pants when Cena's music hit at the Royal Rumble. That was one of the biggest suprises EVER, fuck just this year. Here you have the WWE's biggest superstar returning OUT OF NOWERE a good 6 months earlier than anyone thought. It was fucking incredible. One of the smarkiest crowds in the entire NATION had to bow down and give props, the suprise was so good.

Cena at the Royal Rumble...Nobody expected Cena to come out and much less win it and the pause before his music hit was epic....Hardy winning the Title was a close second because he came close the past few months but came up short and I thought it would be better served for Wrestlemania.

Cena's Rumble win. By a mile. Cena wasn't due back for 6 months, and hardly anybody had even considered him, because thye automatically cast him aside, saying "He's injured." So who expected to come back at the Royal Rumble, let alone win the damn thing? Nobody expected it, and everybody was so fucking surprised when he came out. And guess what this award is called? Surprise of the Year.

Jeff Hardy winning the title comes in at a close second though. NOBODY thought that he would win it. Sure, people had hopes, but nobody thought he would actually win it. So he goes out there and proves us all wrong, and finally wins the title he's been chasing for so long. But I think it was done a bit prematurely and could've waited til Wrestlemania, with Hardy getting cheated out of shots etc. And with this premature ending, it sort of ruined it for me.

Depends. I'd vote differently on which moment was most surprising and which surprise was best. Actually no. No, I wouldn't. I was going to kiss Sly's ass and go "Yeah, I love when Cena returned because of buyrates and psychology and such" but I won't. Not that he gives a shit.

Punk winning the WHC is both the most surprising moment and the "best" on the list. Much as I was initially pissed that the title history would read "The Undertaker --> Edge --> CM Punk" I've come to appreciate that moment. It's a shame its effects have most definitely not been long-lasting but for immediate impact there is not a better surprise on that list.

Not even John Cena returning. Totally called that shit. Just like I called Hogan's heel turn.

This is hugely one sided, which is impressive in this big of a field. I want to say Punk so badly because of a few reasons. To begin with, it was my favorite wrestler winning the world title from out of absolutely nowhere. Noo one saw it coming and even the best of us were marking out over it. It made us think that anything was possible in WWE again, and is easily 2nd on my list.

However, it's so far behind Cena at the Rumble it's not even close. No one knew who 30 was, but when we found out the wrestling world was turned upside down. What in the hell was JOHN FREAKIGN CENA doing at the Royal Rumble? WWE kept this locked down so tightly that no one heard about it. That's why it was so great. It made Cena look like Superman all over again. He came in, dominated the Rumble, and won. We didn't see it coming, and that's what made it great.

For me, there was two clear choices for this category, Cena returning at the Royal Rumble, and CM Punk winning the WHC on Raw.

As far as which surprise I enjoyed more, it was Punk winning the title. I'm not the hugest CM Punk fan by any means, but I do think he's a great wrestler and was pleasantly surprised and even a bit excited that he won the title. I wasn't completely shocked that it happened once Batista came down and beat Edge up as I kind of figured that this was leading to Edge losing the title to Punk, but it was still surprising to see CM Punk actually go through with winning the title at the same time. I just really liked the whole direction Raw went after that for awhile, with the whole no GM and complete chaos theme. It showed once again for the first time in a long time that "anything can happen in the WWE," and I personally enjoyed Raw the most during the summer with Punk as champion. Just because it was something new and different. Unfortunately the only guy Punk got to feud with was JBL, which was a horrible choice. Not only because the matches weren't very good, but also because it made people lose interest in Punk and his championship reign. I think if Punk had gotten to feud with someone of more quality like Jericho (who was unfortunately tied up in what was for my money the best feud of the year with HBK) or Orton (who was unfortunately injured), Punk's reign would've been more successful and perhaps more long term. Even a feud with Batista or Kane would've been more interesting and probably resulted in better matches than JBL.

But my vote didn't go for which was my favorite surprise, but what made me drop my jaw the most when it happened, aka: the biggest surprise. And that honor has to go to Cena returning at the Royal Rumble hands down. I was under the impression he wouldn't be back until after Wrestlemania, and here he is coming back months ahead of schedule with no build up or news on the net about it or anything. Just completely out of nowhere, which is practically impossible to do nowadays in pro wrestling. It was the biggest surprise that WWE has managed to pull off in ages. It wasn't my favorite surprise, but it was undoubtedly the biggest, which is why it got my vote.

for me it was cena. i mean jericho was really surprising. and jeff was surprising but like you couldn't put it past him winning the gold wwhen he is in a match. edge should of been there.

the reason why cena wins it is because he was meant to be out till summerslam i think it was. and then he comes back 6 months before he is suppose to and wins the rumble. wow when he came out i was like WTF!

If you go back to January 2008 and say all of those in that list would happen in 2008, then maybe Mayweather breaking Big Show's nose would win it, as the rest would be of no surprise whatsoever. If you look at it at the time of the events it's a different story;

Of that list I would go with Jericho winning the WHC, he wasn't even meant to be in the match, and had just lost to HBK earlier on in the night. Whilst the Cena one was a surprise, it was just short of Jericho's.

There's is one missing from that list though...Funaki scored a pin over MVP. This was before MVP's 'jobber gimmick' and Funaki's first match as Kung Fu Naki. So for me Funaki gaining a clean pin over MVP for the first time is surprise of the year!

Cena was supposed to be out until this summer. Not a soul expected John Cena to compete in the Royal Rumble. When his music hit, as Norcal said, one of the toughest crowds in the country marked the fuck out.

Jeff winning the title is an honorable mention, 'cause nobody thought that he would until Wrestlemania.

I am going with Cena and the Rumble

I remember watching the rumble with a group of friends, and when it was time for the 30 entry, we started to think, "who in the hell was it going to be", my co worker said it was going to be John Cena. I looked at him and said he was full of shit... Ten seconds later his music hit and I marked the fuck out. i wasn't expecting it, Cena was seriously injured and he returned months before he was due. Whether it was a work or not I marked the fuck out.

It's close, and it's not at the same time.

It goes to Cena at the Rumble, because fuck me, that was a real surprise. Watching that at 3 in the morning and I was knackered, but when his music hit I literally jumped out of my sofa and went nuts. It was totally unexpected, and it was a real good job by the WWE. Fantastic.

But the year has been filled with lots of surprises. Hardy winning obviously was amazing, and a real surprise. Mayweather at NWO was amazing, totally unexpected again and fantastic segment that night. Punk winning the WHC was awesome too, came out of nowhere and was just a great moment on RAW, glad they did it then.

I'm taking the unloved option and giving this one to Regal. There was always that wonder of 'Will Cena turn up at the Rumble'. Yes, it wasn't 100% but I guarantee each of you thought it. How many thought Regal will go over Hornswoggle, Finlay and Punk, three over guys at the time to take one of the big titles in wrestling, KOTR?

No-one? Clearly from the votes. By definition that's a surprise. Cena turning up was mildly surprising, but you all had that wonder

John Cena returning and winning the Royal Rumble is easily the biggest shock. Royal Rumble 2008 was the first ppv that i had EVER watched live and i was fully expecting Triple H to win the rumble. Then at #30 Cena's music hit and the arena and every wrestling fan in the world had a massive mark out. It doesnt matter if you was a Cena fan or not , chances are you cheered for him at that moment.

For me, John Cena's return at the Royal Rumble was just shocking and unexpected in every way possible. The Royal Rumble is one of the very few pay per views that I order each year. Me and my friend (who first got me into wrestling but now isn't as big of a wrestling nerd as me), were sitting on the couch and I told her that there were 6 spots in the Rumble that weren't announced on the WWE website. So we were counting down how many empty spots were being filled, and towards the end of the match, we had no idea who was going to take the last spot.

So then Triple H comes in as number 29 and we then knew that the empty spot was coming in as number 30. Straight away, the Big Show came to mind. I knew he was returning soon, so I figured the Rumble would be a great place to bring him back. Then she said to me "what if Cena returns tonight?". I just laughed and told her that there was absolutely NO chance he was coming back so soon, and she later agreed with me. Then I'm watching the titon tron to see who number 30 is, and I see a picture of John fricken Cena. We were like "No fucking way, it can't be him". For some reason I thought it was Festus with his head down, but he lifted his head and we marked the fuck out to say the least.

As Cena fans, we were both astounded but so very happy. Later on, I even checked the WWE website to see if I watched the right show because I could not believe he was back so soon before he was meant to return. Definately the winner.

Cena returns at the Rumble
My biggest reason for choosing this one is because I WAS THERE. After HHH came out i think everyone believed The Game was gonna win. The ten second countdown starts we get to 0. Pause. Cena's music. The place explodes. No expected this whatsoever , i honestly was bummed out going to the Rumble a bit cause i didnt think Cena would be there. After he came out the garden was buzzing then we get down to Cena HHH and Batista. Luckily the animal was eliminated then we are treated to Cena vs HHH. Everyone was on their feet and when Cena won the place went nuts. No one expected him to be there, it was even close to the time table of his return. Cena wins by a landslide.

I agree with CENAtion. It's not even close, in my opinion. Cena was supposed to be out for months longer than he was. Cena returning wasn't mentioned, at all. I don't even think I saw it written as a joke. And wrestling fans know what's happening constantly. For WWE to do something which shocked everyone is a huge deal. Cena's fanbase is huge, and you could hear every single one of them when he came out at the Rumble.

Cena's fanbase is huge, and you could hear every single one of them when he came out at the Rumble.

Really? Looking at it at the time, it's obvious that did not happen.

welp, the crowd has went into full cena hate mode now lol

Whilst I think that Cena was a huge surprise, it was not full mark out mode, a lot of people were pissed off at it. I know I was at the time, but looking back in the live discussion thread, there's quite a big mix of views....yet everyone was surprised.

GODDAMNIT!!!! FUCKING GODAMNITT!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!!!
This is fucking Hulk motherfucking Hogan all over again:(:(

WTF?!?! Who can say they ever saw this coming!!!

fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Cena In The Fucking Me At Fucking Wm, To Hell With That Shit, I'm Not Paying For That Crap, Ican Already Tell Wm24=shit

wwe suprises us again. As bad as they can be they know how to throw a curve.

Fucking Hell Cena is main eventing Mania again!!!!!!!!!! that is his 3rd straight and 4th if you include mania 21.............BULL SHIT!!!!!!

CENA WINS!!!!!!!..........never heard that before.
same old sh*t

this is pretty damn insane...props WWE....

JOHN CENA!!!!

WTF?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! I actually marked out.

I just want people to realise that not everyone was happy, nor did everyone mark out.

And now we'll take away from the forum, and look at the live crowd. You can't tell me that crowd didn't pop huge. It was unbelievable. And the majority you just posted there convey what this thread is about - "biggest surprise of the year". There was a tiny minority unhappy with his return (I was one of them), but I loved the fact WWE had got us like this. I don't like him, and I was happy without him. BUT it was a huge surprise, and everyone without as blind hate of Cena realised WWE had got us good.

There was always that wonder of 'Will Cena turn up at the Rumble'. Yes, it wasn't 100% but I guarantee each of you thought it.

I honestly don't remember ANYONE thinking Cena would return. He was pegged down to return at SUMMERSLAM by the earlier, that's MONTHS after he actually returned. It was nuts, and totally unexpected. Everyone had HHH down to win once he came out, but when Cena came.. omg the place went seriously nuts.

And now we'll take away from the forum, and look at the live crowd. You can't tell me that crowd didn't pop huge. It was unbelievable. And the majority you just posted there convey what this thread is about - "biggest surprise of the year". There was a tiny minority unhappy with his return (I was one of them), but I loved the fact WWE had got us like this. I don't like him, and I was happy without him. BUT it was a huge surprise, and everyone without as blind hate of Cena realised WWE had got us good.

I was there... the roof came off the place in the words of JR. Its shaking in the rafters as said by Gorilla Monsoon. He wasnt even a thought by anyone in attendance. Totally shocking when his music hit. In the age of internet sites like this its so hard to keep people surprised and i think its even harder when your dealing with a star like Cena. No one saw it coming. NO ONE. Making this the surprise of the year...hands down.

This one isn't completely close. The WWE has done a fairly impressive job of suprising people this year on pay per view at almost every event, but the first one this year was the best one.

No one, absolutely no one saw John Cena coming back at the Royal Rumble. Not with that injury. Johyn Cena shouldn't have been rehabing at that time, let alone coming back and winning the Royal Rumble. That was the one thing that absolutely no one saw coming, and it was bad ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back