Trump buys Raw
Ricky Steamboat returns
Eric Young is relevant
Edge wins WHC at NWO
Triple H defeats Orton at WrestleMania
Amazing Red wins world title
FINALLY The Rock returns

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

It was a long time ago, but there is one great memory of the early year. Edge got his ass kicked in the Elimination Chamber. Then he comes out and destroys Kingston in the other chamber match and takes his place. Then he goes on to win the title. What a turn of events for the Rated R Superstar, carrying two different championships in one night. Most of the list had negative surprises, and I am a positive person, and Edge being a champion is positive for me.

Edge wins the WHC in the elimination chamber is perhaps the surprise of the year, or it is for me at least. He inserted himself in the second EC, which was shocking in itself, and I was completely shocked that he won. Seeing as he was on the SD! roster, I disregarded him immediately and thought he had no shot at winning. The other shock was Cena loosing, quickly. However, I would never believe Edge would have won that match; Didn't see it coming at all. I even said to myself that Rey will win, in the final moments of the match.

So, yea, that's what I'm voting for.

John Cena loses in Elimination Chamber
I was pretty surprised that this happened. Well not because he lost, just in the way he lost. It was too quick.
CM Punk Goes Heel
I am not really surprised because he was going nowhere as a face and he needed a test run. It basically salvaged his WWE career. So yeah not a huge surprise.
Punk cashes in MITB
Thats what you do when you win the award.. you cash it in. Hardly a surprise. :shrug:
Tommy Dreamer wins ECW Title
Not a huge surprise...
Undertaker returns at Summerslam
He had to return somewhere. Not really a surprise.
Trump buys Raw
It was stupid. Hardly a surprise.
Ricky Steamboat retires
Wasn't he already retired?
Edge wins WHC at NWO
I wasnt surprised. After all he is the ultimate opportunist.
You were surprised by this?

I went with Cena at the Elimination Chamber. I wasn't expecting a win but I wasn't expecting that quick of an elimination. Ala I was surprised. Nothing else on that list actually surprised me. Cena wins by process of elimination.

I went with Edge winning at No Way Out. Really, it should be him losing and in the fashion he did because to go out first and that quick was incredible, but then to put himself back in the next Elimination Chamber match by attacking Kofi was brilliant. I thoroughly expected him to lose in that one by Cena making him tap or hitting the Attitude Adjustment. However, I didn't consider him winning. Definite shock.

The biggest surprise of the year was the events involving Edge at No Way Out. He walked in as WWE Champion, lost shortly after the show began, then snuck into Raw's Elimination Chamber and walked out the World Champion. They certainly surprised many of us that night with this. It was the biggest surprise of the year because it was very unexpected and came off as such a big surprise to many fans.

When did The Amazing Red win the world title? Did I miss something? I'm looking this up.

Much as I'd love to give another vote to Punk, Edge winning the world title was genuinely surprising. Punk cashing in on Hardy was kind of expected, if still a great moment.

Then again, The Rock returning was also surprising. And it made me mark the fuck out. So shit, I'll go with that one.

Cena losing at NWO and Edge winning and NWO should be the same thing really. Going into the event I did not believe Edge would loose as fast as he did, I thought he might loose to give HHH the title so the Orton vs HHH could happen but I didn't think it would happen that fast. Once Edge lost it became clear that he would win the World Title later on. So the first five minutes of NWO 09 was the most surprising moment of the year

Edge's win/loss at NWO surprised me big time. First off, I thought he would be in the final 3 with HH and Taker but Hardy eliminated him in 3 min. I thought this would just lead to Edge screwing Hardy out of the title then that would lead to a match at Mania. Then, his win and the beatdown of Kofi in the Raw Elimnation Chamber left me saying, Holy $h*T!

John Cena loses in Elimination Chamber

I was more surprised by the Edge lost, tbh.

CM Punk Goes Heel

Not really a surprise, many people saw this coming for a long time beforehand.

Punk cashes in MITB

MITB cash-ins are always surprising, and I was pretty shocked by this one myself.

Tommy Dreamer wins ECW Title

Mildly surprising, if only for the fact that Dreamer won a match.

Undertaker returns at Summerslam

Sorta expected, but pretty cool.

Trump buys Raw

This whole thing was just stupid and predictable once you thought about it. No one really cared that much.

Ricky Steamboat retires

Is this supposed to be "Ricky Steamboat unretires"? I don't get it.

Eric Young is relevant

Quite a shocker, but it's not surprising that's he's still shit and has a really creepy voice.

Edge wins WHC at NWO

This was a pretty big shocker, more than Cena losing.

Pretty predictable and shit actually.

Amazing Red wins world title

You mean X Division Title by interference?

FINALLY The Rock returns

A video segment is nothing to get excited about. I don't think I've ever even seen it actually.

I'm going with Edge winning the title at NWO. I remember that it was supposed to be a very predictable PPV, but we were all fooled. I was genuinely surprised when ready the results of that one

Yeah, I've probably got to go with Edge winning the world title. Totally unexpected and quite surprising. The man walked into No Way Out as the WWE Champion, lost that title, came out and attacked Kofi Kingston and knocked him out of the match and wound up leaving the World Heavyweight Champion. It was a completely unexpected and unpredictable moment.

I guess it would be between Edge winning the WHC and Cena losing at the Elimination Chamber, but then again they weren't really shocking.

Donald Trump buying Raw was just so over the top and stupid that I couldn't believe Vince would stoop so low for publicity. With that and announcing the celebrity guest hosts which has been mostly hit then miss lately. Eric Young though came out of nowhere to become one of the top heels. I know he may not be spectacular, but he went a long ways from being a comedy jobber to what he is now.

Dreamer wining the title was inevitable sooner or later. Punk had to eventually turn heel and cash in his MITB. Steamboat returning for Wrestlemania wasn't a surprise, but him actually being able to go toe to toe with Jericho was a delight.

We knew Undertaker was going to return sooner or later. Amazing Red wining the X Division title wasn't a huge surprise, but it was surprising to see that Red was actually wrestling on Impact again. The Rock's return was nothing to write home about. A video montage is hardly a return. Even if he returns to host a show for one night, it's still nothing to brag about.

Being the old school ECW fan that I am, I have to give my vote here to good ol' Tommy Dreamer. Who the hell would've ever thought the WWE would put a belt on this guy, especially at this point in his career. I think it was a very classy gesture by the WWE for his continued loyalty and hard work.

After last night, i gotta go with sheamus winning the gold. Almost everyone thought he had zero chance of winning, and then the wwe threw us a curve. To call it a shock is an understatement, especially considering it is so young into sheamus's wwe career to win the top prize.

I'm going to go with Eric Young being relevant. He was awful in Team Canada, awful as a singles competitor, and awful as Super Eric. He was chosen to be the leader of World Elite and somewhat became relevant after winning the Legends Title. I expect him to be irrelevant next year which would be no surprise.

If it's not too late, Sheamus winning the gold and not losing it last night. No one was expecting it, even though some of us had been sold on it possibly happening. The whole TLC PPV was amazing, and this was just plain shocking. I'm also happy, hoping that last night's abysmal RAW was just a hiccup and that the WWE can keep up some momentum they got from TLC.

Cena losing as quick as he did in the Elimination Chamber is almost as suprising as his Royal Rumble win a year earlier. Cena was much better for losing here like he did, because it restored a little bit more of the gutsy part of his character. All in all it was a very shocking match all around, with Edge's appearance, but I think that sort of thing has come to be expected with him nowadays, so Cena gets it.

I'm going to say Bret signing for WWE, that is huge. After all the bad press since the screwjob to see an actual contract signed by Bret was unimaginable.

EDGE WINNING THE WORLD TITLE AT NWO. I was shocked. Another shocker was when HBK kicked out of that tombstone at Wrestlemania. I couldnt find my breath, i thought it was over. To see the Undertaker's face when Shawn kicked out was priceless.

The edge title thing at NWO actually didnt shock me, i expected as much from edge so it wasent that big of a "OMG"moment for me. i thought punk cashing in on jeff hardy was rather a surprise. Honestly i was rather pissed jeff won and my friend was say, fuck wouldnt it be just fantastic if punk came out and cashed in his MITB. and as he finished that sentence BLAM punks music hits and we were like holy shit! YES!!, then we seen the look on hardys face and we were all HA DOUBLE YES!!. At least in my opinion that was more shocking, NWO i was kind of expecting edge to do something. had a feeling, thats why it didnt surprise me all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back