Hardy's Leaves Smackdown
Go Shiozaki wins the GHC title
Trump buys RAW
Orton RKO's Stephanie
Punk's heel turn
AJ winning world title
Kofi goes apeshit

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

less than a minute and the former champion puts over Rey Mysterio, the way any true wrestler does. JBL retiring came out of no where, building up his big secret to tell. Well he did it,a nd shocked many, and saddened some. He was a great heel, pissing people off all the time, but to do what a true wrestler should do should make him proud. It shocked me, and shocked many. A great moment.

There can be no bigger moment than saying thank you and inducting to what McMahon called " Greatest superstar in the history ". The man who carried the company on his back to take it to the best period industry ever saw. So i am going to go with the induction to SCSA in the hall of fame. And if u agree with me give me a hell ya.

HBK kicking hunter would be runner up. It had the old HBK feel to it which we havnt seen in a long time and crowd's reaction tells the hole story, i mean every one was shocked and believe me i replayed it 20 times afterwards to believe it. Had saw it coming but not at the very start of match.

I voted for Stone Cold entering the Hall of Fame. It would be an understatement to say that he is a legend and truly deserved it for his work during the Attitude Era, especially the feud with McMahon. Stone Cold was my hero in wrestling before Cena was, and seeing him get into the Hall of Fame was truly an awesome moment. Getting to see him in person when they showed the new Hall of Fame members at Wrestlemania is something I will never forget. This was the best moment of the year because there was honestly nothing else that compares to it.

I came in here prepared not to vote for Punk. His consistent awesometicity (look it up) has been down to consistent effort, not just singular moments. Him winning the world title was good, but it wasn't indicative of the greatness that was to come. Nor would I say that him turning heel was a "moment" - whereas some of these on the list last about three seconds, Punk's heel turn lasted weeks. The actual "turn" bit was just confirmation.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything on the list I would consider more interesting, more entertaining or sexier than Punk's title win. Do any of the other moments have hill billies commentating it?

"No Punk, don't do this!"
"I don't like you no more, Punk."

No, I thought not.

Undertaker prevents Moonsault from Michaels

What the fuck is this? Part of the WM match? Don't remember it.

Michaels Super Kicks Triple H

Considering DX is still together, pretty much a non event.

Austin enters Hall of Fame

A famous wrestler was inducted into the HOF and drank some beer. Big deal.

Punk "steals" Title

This was huge when it happened and I didn't see it coming. Plus, the rednecks were pissed off.

Jeff Hardy Swanton Bomb onto CM Punk on announce table

That was pretty sick, but is what we've come to expect from Jeff. Certainly not as good as the time he almost killed Orton.

Undertaker returns at Summerslam

I remember there was a big buzz when this happened, but it also didn't make much sense.

JBL retires

I'm a big JBL fan, but he was pretty much just pushed out the door and not given the credit he deserved, which is kinda sad.

Hardy's Leaves Smackdown

Go Shiozaki wins the GHC title

Is that a gas station?

Trump buys RAW

Pretty silly storyline. Vince just bought it back a week later anyhow. As NorCal would say, "I ate a quesadilla."

Orton RKO's Stephanie

Pretty freaking awesome, as well as the kiss he gave here after. Needed more boob fondling though.

Punk's heel turn

Not really a "moment", not sure why it's on here.

AJ winning world title

TNA! TNA! TNA! Pretty awesome moment that should've happened awhile ago, but the general misuse of AJ since then has somewhat tainted it.

Kofi goes apeshit

Racist? That fact that he's being put in a program with Orton is pretty cool, as was the fact that he destroyed a race car, but he's still just a midcarder.

I'll go with Punk stealing the title as my choice. MITB cash-ins are always exciting, and this one was pretty unexpected, especially with Jeff winning the title. Coming off a really good match between Edge and Jeff, you get a huge moment like this that lead to the Storyline of the summer. Punk is really cleaning house here.

Few of these moments made any impact on me as a fan, however, Punk's heel turn was pretty damn significant and the moment of the year out of these choices. I waited for this since the moment Punk set foot inside a WWE ring and they finally made it happen. Although I personally feel that he has been exceptionally misused since the heel turn, it needed to happen to make his character fresh.

Punk stealing the belt. i voted for this because it pissed off all the jeff hardy fans at the time. Being a huge jeff hardy hater, i quite enjoyed this moment. It also started getting some momentum going for punk, which was nice to finally see.

Orton RKO'ing Stephanie was my moment of the year. It really showed the evolution of Orton's character and how good Stephanie was as a professional. She picked up the slack after Shane did a horrible job selling Orton's punt.

After looking at these, their aren't really any moments that really standout enough to get the crown of moment of the year.

Anyways, I originally nominated Undertaker's return at Summerslam as the moment of the year, but after thinking about this, I probably nominated this because it was still fresh in my mind more than most of the other ones.

After much consideration, I went with Stone Cold getting entered into the hall of fame. It was arguably the biggest star in wrestling's history who drove the wwe through the attitude era making what possibly could have been his final appearance with the wwe. It is just too hard to vote against this.

Punk stealing the title it was unexpected and he got instant heat for it even though he was face at the time. Jeff being crazy and jumping off the ladder onto Punk instant win in my book (but not as good as the Orton one or Abyss one)

I was a bit lopsided on this mainly because I wasnt sure of what KIND of moment? Most emotional? Biggest? Most shocking? all of which would have gotten a different vote from me. However I finally settled on "moment that had the biggest impact on the year 2009 in wrestling". When that comes to mind, of all the moments listed above, Trump buying Raw stands out above the rest. We all remember watching Raw when McMahon opens stating he has sold Monday Night Raw. We all wondered WHO was the buyer. Then it was announced as trump. Some of us scratched our heads. Others thought it was amazing. Now while it was quickly revoked the following week, it did bring about the Guest Host concept. Now granted some like the concept. most don't. But the fact remains that it has increased TV ratings as well as Site viewership for wrestlezone and other wrestling sites so in that regards it is a success. With that said, Trump buying Raw had the longest lasting effect for the year.

For me, it was Kofi going crazy. I am a huge, huge Kofi mark, and seeing him take the next step in his evolution, along with a great promo against one of the biggest heels in the company, was amazing to see. It was with that promo that the WWE started to get awesome again, culminating in the TLC PPV. Shame last night's RAW happened.

Orton's RKO and kiss on Stephanie gets this. It shocked me and was very creative on HHH's end. Made the entire angle relevant in doing that. Making things personal and stuff. It was great. Ring psychology isn't used that often these days. Orton and HHH did it to perfection. Even if they did copy an old angle with Pillman and Austin, it was still a good rivalry and this played a huge roll in that being successful.

Taker catching the moonsault was the best move by anyone in a wrestling match this year, and if we want to get pretentious, it represents the classic Taker opponent at WrestleMania - close, but no cigar. Taker and Michaels rolled back the years for some of this match, and at no point other than this was that more clear.

I went with Kofi going wild. Orton's attack on Stephanie McMahon was definitely an oh shit moment. But NOTHING made my chin drop like Kofi's attack on Orton's Nascar. Wait. Wait. Oh yeah. My chin did drop even further when Kofi nailed Orton with the lid of that trunk and proceeded to do the boom drop onto Orton through a table onto the concrete floor. Kofi and Orton have put on spot after spot. My favorite feud of the year, hands down.

The mark-out moment for me was probably when HBK superkicked HHH. I, like many of you no doubt, screamed "wtf" because it just came from nowhere. However, as someone else stated, it hasn't yet had any post-match effect (although I imagine it will somewhere down the line).

Punk cashing in also had me in disbelief- me and my bro just stared at each other in shock, I was mortified.

It's between those two for me, will have to think on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back