• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superstar evaluation: The Miz

xXSlater420Xx

Dark Match Winner
I want you to evaluate The Miz based on mic skills, crowd reaction, in-ring ability, and credibility. Then give your thoughts on how you think his career could play out given your evaluation.

I Am going to rate mic skills and crowd reaction as 1, which I would have to give him a 3 out of 5. He is good at talking trash plain and simple and when he talks he posses people off which means he is doing something right. As far as in-ring ability I would have to give him a 3 out of 5 as well. He is good in the ring but there is room for improvement. Credibility I'd say 4 out of 5 simply because its like what he said before he won the WWE title and hats he come from a reality show into a business that doesn't accept people from a reality background and he fought to make it where he is.

In my opinion I think Miz could one day be considered one of the greatest mic workers In wrestling history as long as WWE doesn't limit him to what he can say while on the mic. Also he has room to improve with his in-ring skills but he has a long career ahead of him so I only see him getting better.

Now I wanna hear your opinion.

I would give his mic skills and crowd reation a 4 out of 5 simply because out of the people in the WWE right now he was one of the best. In right ability a 3 out of 5 because I think he is average right now but I think he will get better as he continues in the business. Lastly credibility right now a 3 out of 5 this would be higher but I haven't seen him beat a top guy cleanly but this will eventually get better as well.

As for his career I see a bright future as long as he keeps his hard work up and manages to keep his gimmick fresh. He keeps improving every match so he will only get better.

iF YOU LOOK. The miz is on a role no matter how you look at it wwe champ, he got vince in his back pocket. BUT let me lay it out for yall you got miz [the flair of whats goin on now], alex [the arn of whats goin on now], cole [the dillin of today], now just add 2 more people 2 that you will have the real horsemen. The guy is great but thats just how i feel but isee big things 4 him and his posse but thats just me..........

Fun...

Mic skills 2 out of 5 he may be good at remembering his lines but he just doesn't have that heel tone. He just looks like an idiotic college kid who's had too much to drink. Especially with those cartoonish faces he makes when he gives promos like he's taking a dump in his pants.:confused:

Credibility 1 out of 5 nothing about him says main eventer not only that but he looks like a jobber who exactly does he intimidate???
Not to mention he has to get carried in all of his matches show me one match where The Miz did more than punch and kick.

In ring ability 0 out of 5 he's the WWE champion and should not be ''improving''...Nuff said.

Crowd reaction...People boo him because he's a joke not because he's a great heel huge difference actually he hardly gets a crowd reaction.
When his music hits it's scattered inaudible booing for him to get a solid booing from the crowd. Usually takes for him to mention past WWE superstars and or ragg on the town's football team or some crap like that...Mpphh and he's the main guy gimme a break.:suspic:

With respect to my evaluation, he was pushed too far and hasn't been able to keep up. His title run has been boring, his antics and mic work--while amusing for a while--have grown stale and repetitive. I will freely admit he has improved immensely since coming to the WWE but definitely needs work in the ring to be able to hang with the big boys. The fact that the WWE does not feel that he is able to handle himself in an elimination chamber suggests that he is not good enough in the ring to be a champion.

In the months leading up to the miz cash in, people on this forum were a bunch of drooling miz loving maniacs that were having orgasms just thinking about him cashing in and being champion. Well, you got your wish, and in the end, you got it way too soon because now there's nowhere for miz to go and we're stuck with a lackluster matches and repetitive, unchanging promos.

Mic Skills: His mic skill are better than average, that much is for sure. Miz has the ability to speak fluently and calmly while working the mic. I always find interest in the promos that he cuts. They're engaging, interesting, and above all, entertaining. However, I do find myself thinking that Miz is sometimes left "stuck" at times when cutting a promo with someone else. If he were to be talking in the ring with someone, say, Lawler; and Lawler said something to the Miz, Miz would generally reply with the word "really" - why? Not because he enjoys saying that word, but because he is unable to continue the next line of phrase that could follow up to what Lawler had just said. It's not studder, it's more like a "pause" in his brain that keeps him from thinking of what to say next. Overall, though, I give his mic skills a 4 out of 5.

In-ring ability: While I will say that the Miz's in-ring ability has gotten alot better than it once was, I'm not confident enough in saying that it's gotten really good. I still feel as if he's got a few troubles in the ring to which he can work around. 3.5 out of 5 on this one.

Credibility: What many fail to understand is that Miz isn't supposed to look like some kind of unbeateable monster - he's supposed to be made to look like a coward - like a man that CAN be beaten. And based on what I have seen thus far including his past feuds with Orton and current feud with Lawler, the Miz is doing a good job at creating the reality of being a cowardly-heel. Credibility for me is 5 out of 5.

Crowd Reaction: This has alot to do with how credible he is at the moment. And as I have given him in the category of Credibility, a 5, I can only conclude that the crowd reaction he gets is also a 5. Much to some's disbelief, the Miz's promos as well as his actions are not only engaging and entertaining, but they are able to get the "boos" needed in order to have a good crowd reaction. And judging by the Miz's actions as of late and the amount of heat has gotten, it's only logical for me to conclude that his crowd reaction is a 5 out of 5.

With respect to my evaluation, he was pushed too far and hasn't been able to keep up. His title run has been boring, his antics and mic work--while amusing for a while--have grown stale and repetitive. I will freely admit he has improved immensely since coming to the WWE but definitely needs work in the ring to be able to hang with the big boys. The fact that the WWE does not feel that he is able to handle himself in an elimination chamber suggests that he is not good enough in the ring to be a champion.

In the months leading up to the miz cash in, people on this forum were a bunch of drooling miz loving maniacs that were having orgasms just thinking about him cashing in and being champion. Well, you got your wish, and in the end, you got it way too soon because now there's nowhere for miz to go and we're stuck with a lackluster matches and repetitive, unchanging promos.

EXACTLY he's no where near being main event material he's barely a wrestler i honestly can't remember one Miz match. With him doing actual wrestling moves like a suplex maybe even a body slam.

He just kicks and punches with a few clothelines thrown in to fancy it up i guess? Don't get me started on his finisher there's no impact behind that move at all just awful. :disappointed:

He wouldn't be able to last in a EC match he'd terribly botch a high risk spot and injure himself or somebody else please keep him out of that match Vince please.
I really think the Miz is Awful enough to make a EC match complete trash just with his presence alone.

Hopefully he doesn't headline Mania...The thought of it makes me dizzy :banghead:

Perspective from someone who only caught sight of miz in the last few months.

Mic Ability. 2 out 5

I dont understand how so many think hes great on the mic. How is talking slowly, sounding and looking constipated considered good mic work? I think he is mediocre on the mic, his whole act is way too contrived and forced, especially that silly 'arrogrant face' which is way over done. Hes not not even witty or funny, or creative either he just says generic arrogant things like 'im the best' 'im the champion' 'im awesome'. Yawn.

Credibility 1 out of 5.

The miz looks like an 80s jobber, you know those guys who would come out in their plain tights, no gimmick, clean cut, average build, and get destroyed by a superstar in about 2 minutes and then forgotten. He is generic and average in EVERY way. His looks, his hair, his height, his build, his voice, there is absolutely nothing that stands out, and screams super star. You wouldnt look at him twice in the grocery store line, and this guy is the wwe champ?

Just goes to show how bad things are.

ok the miz is probably the worste guy (i will not even use the words superstar because he just doesnt seem like one to me). Superstars are guys like rock, austin, taker, orton, hhh, etc. miz is just a jobber just like the professor said miz should be a jobber at best and thats if he was lucky... i honestly have no idea who was in charge of this push of his and ill explain what i mean. Plain and simple the miz doesnt know how to wrestle. He makes John Cena look like a pro, seriously miz knows 0 moves. I'm gonna tell you what miz does in the ring right now.. his signature neckbreaker, his finisher, clotheslines, punches, kicks THATS ITT!! nothing else ever you will never see anything else.. wanna know how i know this? sadly ive sat and watched his matches just to see if he knows how to do anything.. one day i was like ok miz is horrendous on the mic lets see if hes ok in the ring and hes even worse in the ring.. so im challenge anyone on here to go back to ANY of the miz's matches go back and watch them and i GURANTEE you will not find him do any move besides those 5 i said i guess miz has his own 5 moves of doom..... i am in shock he won the title but im in even bigger shock hes still champ right now.

The Miz has above average mic skills so im giving him a 3.5/5
His in ring skills are really something that needs work in my opinion. I can give him a 2/5 and that's being nice.
I agree with another poster saying his crowd reaction is a reaction to how bad he is as whole.
So his credibility to me is a 2.5/5 . Its only partially his fault for this grade but i feel like right now hardly anyone cares about who wins the EC because they will be facing The Miz at Wrestlemania, and quite frankly a main event match with The Miz is going to be boring.

Fun...

Mic skills 2 out of 5 he may be good at remembering his lines but he just doesn't have that heel tone. He just looks like an idiotic college kid who's had too much to drink. Especially with those cartoonish faces he makes when he gives promos like he's taking a dump in his pants.:confused:

Credibility 1 out of 5 nothing about him says main eventer not only that but he looks like a jobber who exactly does he intimidate???
Not to mention he has to get carried in all of his matches show me one match where The Miz did more than punch and kick.

In ring ability 0 out of 5 he's the WWE champion and should not be ''improving''...Nuff said.

Crowd reaction...People boo him because he's a joke not because he's a great heel huge difference actually he hardly gets a crowd reaction.
When his music hits it's scattered inaudible booing for him to get a solid booing from the crowd. Usually takes for him to mention past WWE superstars and or ragg on the town's football team or some crap like that...Mpphh and he's the main guy gimme a break.:suspic:

couldnt have said it better myself

the miz honestly is not that impressive on the mic. He over acts in every promo and he's just annoying. Hes just slightly better than alotta ppl on the current roster, and thats REALLY not saying much at all. There is nothing he has ever said that has stuck out in my mind as a good quote, or that my little 8yr old cousin couldnt have said.

As far as wrestling goes, he doesnt know how to do it. Thats why ull see only punches, kicks, maybe a neckbreaker, and the dumbest sounding finisher, the skull crushing finale aka the breakdown..name wun match where he wasnt carried throughout the entire thing...go head ill wait........

the only thing id say he has going for him is crowd reaction. Most of the audience are little kids who will boo anywun thats again john cena. the others are Miz dickriders...why? illl never know smh...sadly enuff most of them are Attitude Era fans, which blows mine even more smhhhh

couldnt have said it better myself

the miz honestly is not that impressive on the mic. He over acts in every promo and he's just annoying. Hes just slightly better than alotta ppl on the current roster, and thats REALLY not saying much at all. There is nothing he has ever said that has stuck out in my mind as a good quote, or that my little 8yr old cousin couldnt have said.

As far as wrestling goes, he doesnt know how to do it. Thats why ull see only punches, kicks, maybe a neckbreaker, and the dumbest sounding finisher, the skull crushing finale aka the breakdown..name wun match where he wasnt carried throughout the entire thing...go head ill wait........

the only thing id say he has going for him is crowd reaction. Most of the audience are little kids who will boo anywun thats again john cena. the others are Miz dickriders...why? illl never know smh...sadly enuff most of them are Attitude Era fans, which blows mine even more smhhhh

Miz is a jobber with the slight ability to ''work a mic'' and i mean slight everything he says is cliche douche bag material. He says REALLY?? REALLY?? Just around 30 times when he has to ad lib and or when he forgets his lines it's really painful to watch his promos. And that whole ''I'm awesome'' phrase shows how unoriginal he is dude come up with something remotely creative.:disappointed:

I change the channel when ever he appears i just can't stomach anything about that tard his wrestling skills are trully awful. He doesn't have any moves other than a sloppy neck breaker. And that poor mans version of Jeff jarret's stroke The skull crushing finale like what was he thinking. When he came up with such a redundant name well you can't blame him he is a douche bag after all.:shrug:

You know Miz might actually think he's awesome when in reality he's awesome at being amazingly Awful. I hope he reads these message boards so he can know how we the fans feel about him. I wouldn't doubt him crying after reading what we said about him :lol::lmao: I'd pay big money to see that sight.

I will base my opinion on these markers:

Mic skills: 3.5 out of 5. His mic skills were always his best skill, and he has improved, though I still don't think he's as good as he can be. He's one of the best mic workers on Raw right now (until Rock's return that is) but that only means there aren't a lot of guys there that do a very good job with it. Morrison, R Truth, Sheamus, Bryan and the like aren't as good as the Miz, but Orton and Punk are really the only other guys that are truly better. I don't see Cena as being better on the mic, just more over.

In ring ability: 3.5 out of 5. He's come a looong way from his WWE/ECW days and has steadily improved overall. He's proven he can work good programs physically with Raw's top talent, but I still think needs testing with putting other people over. A lot of that has more to do with what they're doing with the character however, but it's the one thing that keeps me from giving him a 4.

Believablilty/persona: 5 out of 5. Say what you will, but the character gets a reaction, and is genuinely loathed by the audience. He plays the cowardly heel to a T, complete with the overbearing bravado to boost the character's ego. Sometimes I think we forget we're not supposed to like him.

Main event longevity: 2.5 out of 5. My problem lies with what happens after he drops the belt. CM Punk won Money in the Bank twice and it took until he teased going heel before his main event status started to stick. Once JBL was done with his improbable long title reign he stayed main event but may as well have been pushed back to upper mid card. This is where I can easily see Miz going, as his title reign very much smacks of JBL's.

Potential: 3 out of 5. I see him continuing to improve and making a name for himself, but I don't honestly know how he'll do once the momentum of his title run fades. I see him trying to go the route of a Chris Jericho, but Jericho had put in a lot more work with a ton more accomplishments before ascending to the upper card, and even then floating into the upper mid from time to time. Only time will really tell.

So I guess I'm going for a 3.5 overall. He's drawing a lot of heat and is making a name for himself, but a lot remains to be seen once he's lost the belt as to where they go with him.

The Miz is doing Ok, I give him a B+. I compare him to Chris Jericho on Mic skills. He is better than Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Damn, and a few others that GOT LUCKY and were WWE champs. But he is NOT YET, in the same level as Jericho, Edge, Kurt Angle, and guys like that. Then you have the Super Main Event WWE champs, like The ROCK, Austin, HBK, Hulk Hogan, and a few others! I hope you guys understand what im talking about.

The Miz is doing Ok, I give him a B+. I compare him to Chris Jericho on Mic skills. He is better than Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Damn, and a few others that GOT LUCKY and were WWE champs. But he is NOT YET, in the same level as Jericho, Edge, Kurt Angle, and guys like that. Then you have the Super Main Event WWE champs, like The ROCK, Austin, HBK, Hulk Hogan, and a few others! I hope you guys understand what im talking about.

I agree with most of that, though I stick by my grade, but I will take exception at the people you consider to have been lucky to be champs. If anyone at this point in his career would be considered to be lucky to be champ it is the Miz. He's simply doing his level best to run with it. there's a difference between getting lucky and deserving a title run.

Van Dam has a lot more overall skill, charisma and talent than Miz, and both him and Hardy have put in a lot more work. Van Dam deserved to be champ far more when he got it than Miz does now, as did Jeff. Yes, Miz is better on the mic than either, but not in much else. And despite the importance of mic skills in the WWE in particular it's no substitute for talent.

Honestly they should have waited to give Miz the belt, but as I've said he's doing a great job running with it. I do agree with your position on everything else.

Mic Skills: 2.5 out of 5

He's not awful on the mic, but he's not good. (as much as people insist otherwise) he gets heat, but it's all cheap heat, mocking local cities and sport teams etc. He's confident and competant on the mic which makes him better than a lot of the roster, but there's no substance to his promos. He can't put over anything or anyone. He's a lame catchphrase.

In-ring ability: 3 out of 5

He really has improved, I'll give him that. He got his finisher at Chris Jericho's yard sale and he can only have great matches with guys who's ring skill is 5 out of 5 (Daniel Bryan)

Credibility: 0 out of 5

I've said this before, wrestling isn't real but it has to look real, and when I see Miz next to Jerry Lawler I know that there is no way in hell Miz could ever beat him in a real fight. Hell I don't think Miz could beat Gail Kim in a real fight. At least guys like Daniel Bryan and Evan Bourne come up with in-ring styles that can pass off for usable ability, but Miz is a brawler and would get his ass kicked in real life by pretty much anyone in the locker room (or in the crowd)

The Miz has been doing really well. Matter of fact, he's been one of those guys who has kept his heat going both chasing for the title and while having it. I've enjoyed his title run the whole way.

Mic Skills: 4/5. I would have given him a 5 if The Rock didn't return and showed us what a promo that captures an audience is supposed to look like. For a heel, it's really easy to get some heat, but it's hard to get people to really hate you. Miz never really has to say much to get boos, but when he does talk, he's always comfortable and natural on the mic and he's always quick with the wit.

In Ring Ability-3/5. The Miz though solid in the ring has never really been impressive. I think the only shade of brilliance he ever shows is when he does that back/neckbreaker combination. Even the Skull Crushing Finale sometimes looks like he has trouble trying to execute it, and that's his finishing maneuver.

Credibility: 4/5. The Miz has been holding that title for a pretty good amount of time now and he as a heel has only gotten better since getting it. With him defeating Orton and possibly/probably defeating Lawler, Miz has developed enough credibility to consistently stay in the main event after he drops the Title.

Mic skills 4.5 out of 5, one of the best talkers on the active roster easily.

Crowd reaction 4.5 out of 5, he makes the crowd boo him out of the building in every arena.

Ring skills 3.5 out of 5, Miz has improved by leaps and bounds each year, and continues to do so. He has reached the point where he can have a really good match against anyone who has even modest ring skills and when paired with a talented in ring performer can tear the house down.

Credibility 3.75 out of 5, he's more believable as an in ring threat with every match, is getting clean wins over upper midcard champions, and hangs with the best in the business routinely. Granted, he still has to cheat to win against main eventers, but that's part of the gimmick and part of what makes him a great heel. I would not be surprised to see him start picking up clean wins over fellow main eventers any time.

One of the best new talents in the passed 5-10 years and has a bright future ahead of him.

He's not awful on the mic, but he's not good. (as much as people insist otherwise) he gets heat, but it's all cheap heat, mocking local cities and sport teams etc. He's confident and competant on the mic which makes him better than a lot of the roster, but there's no substance to his promos. He can't put over anything or anyone. He's a lame catchphrase.

I agree with you on most of this except the part about getting cheap heat. I think it works for him and that's all that matters. No one seems to care when Mick foley goes out and gets cheap pops when of all people he should be one of the ones that should never have to resort to anything cheap when it comes to mic work. But for a fairly new guy I think that The Miz makes it work. Just my opinion tho.

Fun...

Ok, you're not a Mizfit...I get that. But to say Miz only gets heat by talking about past superstars or the local football teams is quite moronic, my friend! That's exactly how EVERY heel gets heat...DUH! Say what will piss the most people off, thus you get great heat. Miz is quite good at that.

I'm going to focus on just on of the categories if I may. From day one, The Miz has had zero credibility. How do expect anyone to take a guy seriously that was hosting smackdown parties? I've said it before, Miz looks like the second coming of crash holly.
He has the same stupid look on his face constantly. I could accept him as just another wrestler but never ever will I accept him as world champion. There's a pretty obvious reason why Miz isn't in the elimination chamber match. With the people involved, it's completely unbelievable to think that miz could come out the winner without the opportunity for interference. I think the WWE realizes this and that's why he is facing Lawler. The main event of mania is going to be terrible. I'm sure the match will be pretty good but this will be the most predictable main event since mania 7. For those who don't remember, the main event was Iraqi sympathizer Sgt Slaughter vs American hero Hulk Hogan right after Operation Desert Storm. The Miz is a jobber with decent mic skills, nothing more. I still can't believe he is going to main event the suberbowl of wrestling. Maybe next year at wrestlemania we will be treated to Josh Matthews vs The Miz for the WWE title. Let's be honest, if the miz can win the WWE title, anyone can.

Mic Skills: I'll give The Miz a 3/5 as far as mic skills go. He certainly has the confidence and his delivery is spot on. I'd have given him a higher grade but I think he needs to add more passion into his promos. He will never succeed as a face unless he manages to add that passion.

In-ring skills: I'll give him a 2/5. With superior performers he has managed to put on some good matches but he puts on average and sometimes below average matches with lesser performers. The place where he needs to improve, in my opinion, is towards the middle of the match. His matches tend to drag a bit towards the 7 minute mark unless he is with a John Morrison.

Credibility: He is a cheat, a heel who talks up a big game before the match but cannot do a thing within the ring. Hence he is pretty credible heel. I think that the place he needs to work on is his build. He needs to start looking more like a wrestler. As far as credibility goes I'll give him a 3/5.

Crowd Reaction: I have only seen him as a heel uptill this moment and I would have to say that he does get the crowd reaction that any heel would envy. Whether it is due to his skills or because he is hated in general remains to be seen though I am leaning towards the former. I'd give him a 4/5 as far as crowd reactions go though that might change after I see him perform as a face.

Mic Skills: 4/5
I might be a little generous on this after hearing from based on what we heard from the Rock on Raw and how good he was. I guess it's not fair to compare the Miz to the Rock however. Considering the fact Miz has only been in the Main Event seen for around 3 or 4 months now and he gets the type of heat he does from the crowd is good for him. He still needs to improve.

Crowd Reaction: 3/5
I know people are asking how he got a lower score in crowd reaction than mic skills. His mic skills get that heat he has. However during his matches he doesn't always get the crowd reactions. There are those times the crowd can be completely silent. He still needs to work on connecting with the crowd during matches.

In Ring Ability:2.5/5
He's incredibly sloppy in the ring. But so was Cena when he first started main eventing.

Credibility: 3.8/5
Each victory he gets with the WWE Championship helps him. The longer he has it it helps him. The better his matches get those help him. He's definately moving up.

He's definately improving. I don't think it will be long before we start seeing 5/5 on more of these; possibly all.

Before I start I just want to say some of ye are being ridiculous. The Miz doesn't get cheap heat, whatever that means. The fans hate him because he doesn't shut up, he cheats to win, he thinks he's the best. I still cant believe that someone said he doesn't get a crowd reaction.

And on his:

Mic Skills: He's the best mic worker in the business apart from CM Punk. He knows how to work the crowd and it is unfair to compare him to the Rock. 4/5

Crowd Reaction: See above. 4/5

In Ring Ability: 2.7/5. Yes its an odd mark but he isn't as bad as people think. He's improving and I can't see the problem people have with him. The Rock, yes I know we shouldn't be comparing, wasn't the greatest wrestler in the world and neither is the current FACE of the WWE. He isn't good but he isn't bad either.

Credibility: Not sure what this means but he has a long enough reign which has lasted 3 months and will probably last another month. He is going into the main-event of WrestleMania with the WWE Championship over his shoulder against the face of the company. He is going places.

Mic Skills: 3/5. He's decent, but most definitely overrated. I seriously laugh when people compare this guy to The Rock. Rock has 400x the charisma Miz could ever dream to have, and The Rock has a much more entertaining style of delivery. Miz is very monotone, and seems to have two speeds; whispering in a very slow manner, or screaming. His facial expressions are non-existent. I find him to be nothing special on the mic, but he isn't terrible either.

In-Ring Ability: 2/5. Easily the weakest part of his game. Outside of Danielson carrying him through some decent matches, I haven't seen anything from him that screams "main-event status." However, WWE has booked him in such a way that he doesn't need to be great in the ring. He cheats to win, and it's worked out pretty well so far. However, being as limited in the ring as he is, I don't think he's the guy who can headline a company. Those in charge probably disagree with me, so we'll see what happens.

Credibility: 4/5. I'm not sure what the OP was getting at with credibility, so I'll give you my own definition as it applies to wrestlers.

Does he fit the character he is playing? Is that character believable?

Yes, he fits his current character, and it's totally believable. I think WWE knows he isn't the strongest when it comes to actual wrestling, so giving him this kind of character has worked out quite well. He isn't supposed to look strong. He isn't a dominant guy. He capitalizes on mistakes by cheating when the time is right, and that's how he won the title. I think that strategy has worked well, and it's made him look credible in what he's doing.

Crowd Reaction: 4/5. He knows how to draw heat. He's not the best mic guy out there, but drawing heat comes natural to him. Maybe the crowd is hammering him "X-Pac style," or maybe he's just that good at drawing heat. Either way, the crowd hates this character, and I think Michael Cole has really helped in that department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back