Summerslam 2011. How would you book it?

Kofi/ZigglerClassic

Pre-Show Stalwart
Last year, SS 2010 was plagued with piss poor booking with very little matches on the card and DQs and badly done matches left and right. Sadly the whole thing felt like a TNA event which is never a good thing. After such a horrible downfall from the 2009 spectacle, SS 2011 needs booking that is worthy of it being recognized as the WWE's second biggest event of the year. So the question is, how would you book Summerslam 2011 and make it a success?

Here's my card:

Main Event- The Rock vs John Cena vs The Miz
^Best way to end this feud is on the second biggest event plus it will draw buys for the event.

WWE Title Ladder Match- CM Punk vs John Morrison
^In terms of wrestling this match would be amazing and I think the feud would be better than the Punk/Hardy feud of 09.

World Heavyweight Title- Alberto Del Rio vs Kane
^Kane is the face in this and this feud could be pretty good if done right.

Casket Match- Undertaker vs Wade Barrett
^Pretty much the conclusion to the Barrett ordering Undertaker's burial storyline.

WWE Tag Titles- Edge and Christian vs Sin Cara and Evan Bourne
^Rumors are around that time period Sin Cara and Bourne might be a team. They would be a really hot and exciting team. Have them compete against Edge and Christian for the tag titles and you have a possible show stealer.

Randy Orton vs Chris Jericho (if Jericho returns) or Randy Orton vs Dolph Ziggler (most likely)
^Either match and feud would work. Seeing the Viper drive Vickie crazy or try to RKO her would make the Orton/Zig feud entertaining.

WWE Divas Title Awesome Bomb vs Glam Slam- Awesome Kong vs Beth Phoenix
^The two strongest divas going head to head. Could be the Divas division savior.

IC Title- Cody Rhodes vs Drew Mcintyre
^This match would be terrific and the two have a history so a good storyline could easily be created.

We have no idea who will be around, but i realise that that is not the point, so i will give you how i would book it.

summerslam main event
rock vs cena- they need to have a match, and i wouldnt ruin it by putting the miz in it two. let the 2 biggest names slug it out and see who is the biggest name in sports entertainment

wwe title match
miz vs morrison- huge history between the two, and i feel that morrison should win his first title off of the miz

whc match
kane vs heel hhh- hhh needs to go back to being a heel, and i think that 2 veterans would put on a great match

edge vs christian- i would have christian cost edge the title at mania, then put edge out for a few months. then christian and edge can have the fued that we have been dying to see

jericho vs orton- jerich should be back by then, and he needs to fued with orton for putting him out

cm punk vs wade barrett- i dont know how barrett would be as a face, but if he is good, it can be a great fued and match

awsome kong vs beth pheonix- completely agree with you on this

union of untied states and ic title- cody rhodes vs kofi kingston vs bryan danielson vs sheamus. need something different, and these up and comers would get a good chance to shine

sin cara and bourne vs slater and gabriel- it would be a pretty good tag match imo

hornswoggle fired- hey one can dream right?

mine is basically a dream card

Here is mine:

ROCK VS CENA

World Heavyweight Title 6 pack challenge- Alberto Del Rio vs Edge vs Christian vs Kane vs Wade Barrett vs the returning Booker t
The corre talks trash about Booker until he snaps and beats down the corre and starts wrestling again

WWE Title Title vs career-Cm punk (c) vs HHH
Career on the line vs the wwe title

WWE Tag Titles- Corre vs Nexus
the corre (slater and justin) vs nexus (joe henning and harris)

#1 contender match-orton vs JHON MORRISON vs miz
whoever wins challenges for the champ and chooses the stipulation

IC Title- Cody Rhodes vs Drew Mcintyre
This match would be terrific and the two have a history so a good storyline could easily be created.

US title- REY VS SIN CARA
Smackdown vs raw

WWE Title - John Cena (c) vs The Rock
Being realistic here, Cena hasnt been champ for almost a year now, hes the top guy, makes sense to book him as champ, and IF WWE goes along with keeping The Rock to feud with Cena in a one on one at SS11, then have Rocky go for the title, itd be the biggest draw for WWE in a long time since itd not only be Rock's last match, but possibly, Rock finishing with a title

WHC- Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Christian vs Kofi Kingston
Edge is out of action due to either Christian or ADR, leaving Christian and Kofi to finish their feud with ADR

#1 contendors match: John Morrison vs The Miz
Miz finally loses the title to Cena and Morrison finally starts getting his much needed Main Event push, so this would lead to another encounter by these 2

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan
Punk vs Bryan, nuff said

Losing team breaks up- The Corre vs New Nexus
Reading an article that states that Sin Cara and Evan Bourne MAY be teaming up against the New Nexus, Im assuming here they will still be around, but after a year, they need to go, so waht better way than a match against former allies? At this time however I will have to say Punk will be thrown out of the group since he got them all injured due to Orton, so itd be Gabriel, Slater, Jackson, and Barrett, against Otunga, Ryan, Hennig, and Rotunda

Big Show vs Kane vs Undertaker vs HHH
Kane (with help) buried Taker, HHH is feuding with Taker, and Big Show has history with all 3 men, all 4 are still relevant and since this is a youth movement, they need SOMETHING to do, cant exactly put them in a title match, it wouldnt make sense, and none of them need another title run, except maybe Big Show, but theyre here on this card cuz without them, theyd have nothing to do, and whens the last time these 4 guys (without injury) skipped out on a PPV match?

Divas title match - Beth Phoenix (c) vs Awesome Kong
Like everyones been saying, Im agreeing with it

WWE Tag Team Titles - Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio vs Evan Bourne and Yoshi Tatsu vs Zack Ryder and Primo
No tag team division whatsoever so I cant think of ACTUAL teams to add here, Rey just confirmed he isnt leaving WWE, makes sense to pair him and Sin Cara as a team, although Evan Bourne and Sin Cara isnt bad either, Im just saying this makes more sense in my book, Ryder sadly isnt doing anything, but he has been teaming with Primo so I added them, and Evan's definitely going to be on this card, I paired him with Yoshi cuz a) they dont use Yoshi and b) hed be a great partner for Bourne, no champ listed cuz the title is vacated

Cody Rhodes w/ Dusty Rhodes vs Ted DiBiase Jr w/ "The Milion Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase with Goldust as special guest referee
Cody moves to RAW at the draft, feuds with his former partner to make DiBiase relevant again, DiBiase is the face here, bring in Dustin to make the match a bit more emotional, and bring in their fathers, and at the end of the match Goldust turns heel and the Rhodes family goes to beat on the DiBiases 2 to 3 when Brett DiBiase FINALLY makes his debut setting up a 3 on 3 match at the next PPV

US Title/IC title unification match - Jack Swagger (c) vs Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler vs Drew McIntyre (c)
The All-American American will have added US gold to add to his character, a step down like Sheamus has taken, but to eventually help put him over more, Sheamus will still be upper mid card at this point, as will Ziggler, and with Cena and Rock being the top guys in this card, and to not make the #1 contendors match too crowded it makes sense to put them in this match, and Drew will still be a regular midcarder, by then has taken Kofi's IC title and in doing so put him into the main event for Smackdown since Edge will be out of action and this is the youth movement, makes sense to me, putting him in this match (and possibly putting him over) will add to his "Chosen One" gimmick, and then hed have the right to say he beat 3 other guys, all former world champions, make Drew a modern day Jericho in a way, and (hopefully) successfully launching him into the main event, or at the very least upper mid card, any doubters? Watch him in Smackdown's ElimChamber from this year, he was DAMN good.

That's my Summerslam card, a BIT unrealistic since most of these feuds MAY be done with by then, but if theyre not, this PPV is the best time to finally finish them, side note had to exclude Orton, could NOT think of any match to put him in without a) making too many matches and b) adding too much to an already made match, sure I could put him in the #1 contendors match or the WWE title match, but which sounds better a one on one match, or a triple threat? As much as I like triple threats, I think one on ones are much better, seriously what sounds better, cena vs rock vs orton or cena vs rock? plus theyd have to give a reason to add orton into that match, and orton and rock really dont have history, ONLY match id add is orton vs Austin, the viper vs the rattlesnake, (dream match :]) but then that'd be 11 matches, and even 10 is pushing it

Well its pretty obvious what the main event would be in an ideal world. With these been WWE's second biggest PPV it has to be pretty special so looking to build towards it over the next 4/5 months I would have Sheamus move to Smackdown and Tag with Drew McIntrye, The Miz turn on Alex Riley who turns face.

Main Event - The Rock vs John Cena

WWE Title- CM Punk (c) vs Triple H

WHW Title - Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara

Street Fight - Randy Orton vs Mason Ryan

Number 1 Contenders Match for WHW Title - Wade Barrett vs The Undertaker vs Big Show vs Kane

Title Unification - US & IC Title - Daniel Bryan (US) vs Jack Swagger (IC)

Tag Titles - Sheamus & Drew McIntrye vs Edge & Christian

Divas Title - Awesome Kong (c) vs Beth Phoenix

John Morrison vs Dolph Ziggler

The Miz vs Alex Riley

Obvious looking towards the future of Summerslam, you have to have the biggest matches that's close to a WrestleMania card. The way I would book the matches would be like this:

WWE Championship: The Miz (c) vs. John Morrison

Morrison winning Money in the Bank, and making his challenge weeks before Summerslam to challenge The Miz for his WWE Championship. Miz would berate Morrison as to being the Janetty of the tag team Miz and Morrison were, leading up to sneak attacks, brawls, where the rivalry would be off the charts.

United States Championship: Sheamus (c) vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler

If Sheamus defends against DB at WrestleMania, this can go two ways. One way would be Sheamus defeats DB again, Sheamus goes on to say he doesn't care about the people who defended the belt to become legends because in his mind he's already a legend by being the 2x WWE Champion in less than a year. DB shames Sheamus by beating him in non-title matches until he gets a shot at the US title, which Ziggler makes his case that he's undefeated on Raw and deserves to be US champion which the anonymous GM makes a triple threat match at Summerslam.

John Cena vs. The Rock

We don't know if this will happen, but if it does, then this match will be the marquee of the show. The war of words between Cena/Rock has been entertaining, and at WrestleMania will have them meet face-to-face and whoever gets the upper hand from there will ride that momentum to Summerslam.

World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Edge vs. Christian vs. Wade Barrett

Del Rio will gain the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania, and will hold on to it for a long while. Edge gets his rematches and loses, so will Christian and he loses. Del Rio makes his case that he's a champion of champions and an icon among icons, proclaming to be great as he has defeated former world champions while being one. Edge and Christian make their case as feeling cheated out of their world title matches and demand one more, then Barrett comes out with the Corre and demands his shot at the title as he makes his case that Del Rio never defeated him, and Teddy Long makes the match a Fatal Four Way where also the Corre is banned from ringside.

Randy Orton and Triple H vs. CM Punk and Mason Ryan

Orton and Punk will be a good match at WrestleMania, but it won't end there. After Triple H gets destroyed by Undertaker at WrestleMania, unable to end the streak, he makes a statement that he was off his game that night and overestimated the Undertaker and what the streak means. Out comes the New Nexus and claims dominance over Raw as the most feared group in history. Punk states that Triple H is old news and a shell of his former self and has the Nexus attack him, but Triple H gets his trusty sledgehammer to ward off Nexus, but they force a tactical strike on the Game where he drops it and they gang up on him until Randy Orton comes out and cleans house. Both Orton and HHH stand tall and over the next few months they feud with Nexus and it will lead up to this match.

Intercontinental Championship: Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Sin Cara

I feel that Kofi has run his course as champion and will drop it to McIntyre down the line. I see Drew as more vicious and cold in the ring than Kofi high-flying hotness. The debut of Sin Cara after WrestleMania or the draft will have him revealed to be a big deal for the WWE, as he will win match after match, tagging with Rey for some brief matches, and finally claims that he wants to win the Intercontinental title, and McIntyre gives it to him.

So everyone is convinced Rock will wrestle at Summerslam? I think the best bet of Rock possibly being in the ring again would be at Mania next year in his hometown of Miami. So without the Rock here is my card.

WWE Title - John Cena(c) vs. C.M Punk
This feud was shortlived and needs to finish panning out. Cena will win the belt before Summerslam but not at Mania.

World Heavyweight Championship - Alberto Del Rio(c) vs John Morrison
Morrison will be drafted or traded to Smackdown and win at the Money In the Bank ppv. He will not to anything shorthanded as he will challenge Del Rio to an actual match and says he wants him at 100%

Casket Match - The Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett
This feud is inevitable as the seeds were planted months ago

U.S Championship Match - Sheamus(c) vs Triple H
Sheamus will have a great run as U.S. Champ and the rematch from last year's Wrestlemania will take place. This match will also help show the importance and prestige of the U.S. Championship as Trips will talk about how it is one thing that isn't currently on his resume

Smackdown #1 Contenders Grudge Match - Edge vs. Christian
The match everyone wanted for Mania this year. Edge will drop the title at Mania to Del Rio. Eventually E&C got a short run with the tag titles before losing them and blaming each other for the loss

Match for the M.I.T.B briefcase - The Miz vs Alex Riley
Riley will win the Raw Money In the Bank thanks to Miz's help however later in that show it will ultimately be Riley who causes Miz the title inadvertently. Miz will blame Riley and tell him he wants the briefcase.

Raw #1 Contenders Match - Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho
Jericho returns and has is eyes set on 2 things revenge and the WWE Championship

Intercontinental Title Match - Kofi Kingston(c) vs Cody Rhodes
Cody deserves a shot

Divas Championship - Awesome Kong(c) vs Beth Phoenix
Enough said

Match for the vacant Cruiserweight Championship - Sin Cara vs. Evan Bourne
The rebirth of the cruiserweight division, these 2 can do it.

This ties in with my fantasy Wade Barrett booking.

WWE Championship- The Miz (C) vs. John Morrison- Morrison decides he will cash in his MITB the old fashioned way and will do so against his friend turned enemy in his hometown.

World Heavyweight Championship- Ezekiel Jackson (C) vs. Edge- After Edge beats Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett to retain at Money in the Bank, Smackdown MITB winner Ezekiel Jackson cashed in to become the new World Heavyweight Champion. Barrett has tried for so long to capture Heavyweight gold; but wasn't even the first in his stable to do so. Think of Barrett as Shawn Michaels and think of Zeke is Diesel in this case. Edge exercises his rematch.

John Cena vs. The Undertaker- Since we might get Rock vs. Cena at Mania 28, why not the second best choice at arguably the second biggest PPV?

Intercontinental Championship- Wade Barrett (C) vs. Rey Mysterio- Wade continues to add credibility to the belt and faces a big challenger in a former IC and WHC champ in Rey Mysterio.

U.S. Championship- Sheamus (C) vs. Sin Cara- Sin Cara has rocked the summer of 2011. His merchandise has sold like crazy off the shelves and has wowed us all. He takes his first step towards main event greatness as he challenges for the U.S. title after beating Sheamus in a one on one match on RAW, in which Sheamus stated the next man to beat him, he would put up his U.S. title at Summerslam.

Tag Team Championship- The Corre (C) vs. Ted and Brett DiBiase- Ted turned face and his brother was called up. Ted serves as a mentor to Brett and step up to pose a real challenge to Slater and Gabriel.

Divas title- Awesome Kong (C) vs. Kelly Kelly- Kong has dominated the Divas Division since her debut after Mania and won the title with ease. KK finally looks for her first title in WWE.

Evan Bourne vs. Cody Rhodes- No storyline needed, just battle of the brands. Smackdown vs. RAW and a good match.

Chris Jericho vs. Alberto Del Rio- Jericho comes back as a face with his old Y2J persona and starts cracking jokes. Del Rio says Jericho IS a joke and that his time is gone. He talks abotu his influence and power. Jericho makes fun of him for being so rich but yet couldn't win the WHC.

No way this card is actually gonna happen. Just a fantasy card. I doubt we'll ever see Big Zeke as WHC; but sticking with my project to book Barrett up until WM 28, this is what I would do.

My Card

The Rock v John Cena: Instant classic
Miz v Morrison for WWE Title: Have Morrison win MITB, however comes out and says that he doesnt want to be like the Miz, he wants to be his own man, and doesn't want to attack a fallen superstars. In the end, challenges Miz at Summerslam using his MITB
Daniel Bryan v CM Punk v Dolph Ziggler in a number 1 contenders match: wouldnt this be an absolute screamer of a match
Jack Swagger v Chris Masters v Sheamus v Wade Barrett v Ezekial Jackson in a Championship Scramble for the unified US/IC Title
Sin Cara v Rey Mysterio v Evan Bourne v Cody Rhodes v Zack Ryder v Chavo Guerrero in a Ladder Match (or some new innovative type of ladder match) for a new TV or Cruiser weight Title: to get some new people into the picture, has to be defended at least once a week on Raw/Smackdown AND on Superstars, try and actually bring some meaning to the show, especially if it goes to the web
Alberto Del Rio v Drew McIntyre for the WHC: I think its time to really pay with this "chosen one". Imagine the promos - "Chosen One" v "Destiny"
Edge and Christian v Big Show and Kane v Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel v Micheal Migilicutty and Husky Harris for the Unified Tag Titles: Really bring a bit of prestige back to the titles (hopefully)
Awesome Kong & Natalya & Beth Pheonix v Laycool: Just something different to debut Kong

Again its only really a dream card, but could be possible

WWE Title: John Cena vs. CM Punk
With Rock vs. Cena being held off till WM 28, I think Punk will get it cause he's the second hottest thing on Raw right now besides Cena & Miz and we never got to see Punk vs. Cena in a real feud.

World Title: Edge vs. Christian - TLC Match
I know TLC matches usually take place at the TLC PPV and with it being 4 months after SS but this match is too epic to hold off till TLC. E vs. C in TLC is what everyone has been dying to see since these two split and became big stars, so it should take place on a big PPV.

Casket Match: Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett
Continuation of the storyline from Bragging Rights and having Barrett vs. Taker in a Casket, you know Corre will interfere to help Barrett win which gives me a classic Undertaker Casket/Buried Alive match feel where multiple random wrestlers would help the opponent put Taker in the casket or bury them alive ala Royal Rumble 94 & In Your House: Buried Alive.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Sin Cara
After Mysterio vs. Sin Cara, Del Rio vs. Cara is the next best thing, so they should save Mysterio vs. Cara for WM 28 & Del Rio vs. Cara for the second biggest PPV.

The Miz vs. Chris Jericho
The promos & similarities between the two would make this a great feud

Randy Orton vs. Kane
Both have dark gimmicks, would be a perfect match. Viper vs. Big Red Machine.

Sheamus vs. Big Show
Would remind me of Lesnar vs. Show's matches.

Rey Mysterio vs. Daniel Bryan - US or IC Title
High Flyer vs. Technical, I think this would be a classic battle with these two different styles.

Awesome Kong vs. Beth Phoenix - Divas Title
Battle of the amazons. The diva match everyone wants to see.

Summerslam 2011​

WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett

Super-Orton finally regains the title but Wade Barrett is back as he has disassembled the Corre and has unleashed his genius onto planning to finally becomming Champion.

World Champion Alberto Del Rio vs. John Morrison

After Del Rio wins the title at Extreme Rules and Morrison the money in the bank winner chooses to take on Del Rio for the World Championship.

The Undertaker vs. John Cena

Cena has finally turned turned heel by attacking the Undertaker during a 6 man tag. He is livid at the fans turning on him and going with the Rock even though he had fought for the WWE universe and the Rock had been away from the ring for 7 years. He cracked and AA'd Taker. The Deadman now seeks revenge but Cena has turned his super strength into a brutal new combination where he will now stop at nothing but prove the haters wrong.

Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk

Bryan is sick and tired of the self-riteous Pnk's mouth. Bryan says that he's more or less staright edge, but doesn't shove it down anyone's throat. And he plans to make Punk tap out!

US Champion Sheamus vs. Chris Masters
The Masterpiece is on a winning streak. He is dominating superstars and the hero to many has now won himself a US title shot. But the current champion is not happy about this and attacks Masters at every turn. Is Sheamus intimidated by the vicious MasterLock???

The Miz vs. Justin Gabriel
Gabriel sick of Barrett's manipulation broke free of the Corre and after fighting away from them he has been able to become a huge star.. and that doesn't sit well with Miz. The Awesome-One with A-Ri, beat down Gabriel unhappy with the man from South Africa's meteoric rise to the top. Gabriel almost defeats Orton for the title on Raw only for Miz to pull him off the top before his 450 can get the win. Now Gabriel is out for revenge and after 450-ing Riley, It's Miz and him at SS.

Big Show vs. Ezekiel Jackson

The two mastadons in the WWE finally face off to see who is the most powerful man in the WWE.

Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara vs. Cody Rhodes and Jack Swagger

Mysterio and Sin Cara team up to finally put down the disfigured Rhodes and his partner Swagger once and for all...

I can't see the Rock wrestling at SummerSlam, he is facing Cena at WM28 so that will be the match. He might be involved but he won't wrestle - I would anticipate that the second biggest event of the year would warrant something from Rocky to build more for Mania.

WWE TITLE: John Cena vs. CM Punk
I think Cena will de-throne Miz before SS and Punk will be ready for a shot. Maybe Rock will cost Cena the title again?

WORLD TITLE: Christian vs. Cody Rhodes
I expect Christian to win the title in a blaze of glory after Edge's retirement. Rhodes looks to be getting the push now ...

US TITLE: Sheamus vs. Sin Cara
Sheamus will dominate for the next few months and then Sin Cara will crack him at Summerslam to win the title.

I/C TITLE: Wade Barrett vs. Justin Gabriel
I just see Barrett holding the IC title as well and then the Corre will break up to allow Gabriel to come through.

THE MIZ vs. REY MYSTERIO
I think Miz will be drafted to SMACKDOWN, big build for this one!

ALBERTO DEL RIO vs. RANDY ORTON
I also think ADR will go to RAW and this is likely to happen ...

As for the rest, Tag Titles and Divas Title maybe, maybe one more match. IDK!

WWE Title Match
John Cena (C) VS Alberto Del Rio

World Heavy Weight Title Match
Triple Threat
Randy Ortan (C) VS Christian VS Chris Jerico

Single's Grudge Match
Triple H VS The Miz

Fatal Four Way Tag Team Title Match Match
New Nexus VS The Core VS Kane an Big Show ( C ) VS The Uso's

Singles Grudge Match
CM Punk VS Wade Barrett

U.S Title Match 6 Man Elimination Battle Royal
Rey Mysterio ( C ) VS Dolph Ziggler VS Drew Mcintyer VS John Morrison VS Koffi Kingston VS R-Truth

Divas Title Match Lubber Jills Match
Awesome Kong VS Beth Phoenix

I.C Title Match
Cody Rhodes ( C ) VS Daniel Bryan

Single Grudge Match
Sin Cara VS Chavo Guerrero

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members