Summerslam 2011 all over again.....

He took a nice break from 2003 until 2012, though. This year's and 2011's special guest ref situations are/were just weird, shoehorned situations. I can't reiterate enough how unnecessary his involvement here is.

How can you say that at what is clearly the beginning of an angle? Do you know what the word necessary actually means?

How can you say that at what is clearly the beginning of an angle? Do you know what the word necessary actually means?

d3d.jpg

Get back to work, fobbit.

Personally, I'm thinking this is just a way for HHH to cost Bryan the match, turn heel, and then proceed to, I won't say bury, but beat him in a match or two.

Change "match" into "title" and thus far I'm pretty accurate in my assessment. Let's see if that piece of shit actually goes over Bryan in a match now. I'm willing to bet the house on it that he does.

So there was a reason for Triple H being the special guest referee. So, I was right and Dynamite was not?

Is anyone really surprised? Not really.

So there was a reason for Triple H being the special guest referee. So, I was right and Dynamite was not?

Of course he was there for a reason. However, if you really want to get technical about it, HHH as the ref called everything fair and square. He was not calling a match when he pedigreed DB. That doesn't take away from the fact that I'm sure a regular ref wouldn't have pedigreed DB, but he did call everything fair.

He didn't have to be referee to screw Daniel over. Point for Dino.

Great match, though. He stayed out of the way during the bout, and that was what I was hoping for.

No I was right, the focus isn't on anyone in the match besides HHH.

Of course there was a fucking fantastic match before the fact, but that's not what's going to be focused on. So basically you're wrong again.

Hell it's even more similar to 2011 in the fact that a great title match where HHH was ref was overshadowed by a better no DQ match (i.e. Punk/Lesnar, 2011: Christian/Orton)

I puked a little inside when H came out to "King of Kings", ye not your moment Paul.

Him staying in the ring was irking the shit out of me in the end. Sucking DB's moment but it all makes kayfabe sense after what he did. If he didn't do it, I'd hate him more for staying there.

If H goes over Bryan at Survivor Series, I swear to god I'll make a sig of him blowing someone.

No I was right, the focus isn't on anyone in the match besides HHH.

Of course there was a fucking fantastic match before the fact, but that's not what's going to be focused on. So basically you're wrong again.

Hell it's even more similar to 2011 in the fact that a great title match where HHH was ref was overshadowed by a better no DQ match (i.e. Punk/Lesnar, 2011: Christian/Orton)

Triple H being the fair official was an attempt to make it even more unexpected when he cost Bryan his moment, further getting him over because now what he earned has been taken from him. You were wrong, I was right, all is normal in the world.

Triple H being the fair official was an attempt to make it even more unexpected when he cost Bryan his moment, further getting him over because now what he earned has been taken from him. You were wrong, I was right, all is normal in the world.

Except for the fact that it wasn't unexpected considering it was telegraphed as soon as he was announced and people were already predicting Orton cashing in last month.

Nobody wants to see a prolonged Bryan/HHH feud. If him taking center stage is normal then sure you were right, if not you can fuck off regardless.

Night of Champions against Orton, D.Bry gets screwed again. What's up then? Battleground? What the fuck is that?

I expect a one on one with H at Survivor Series. If H goes over, I've already said what I'll do.

I think this time HHH doesn't need to get over Bryan, like he needed to get over CM Punk in 2011. I'm happy for what's happening so I'll keep trusting WWE, they seem to know what they're doing.

Time to remove that quote from your sig, Dynamite. I no longer want to be associated with you.

The difference in Triple H then and now is very simple; Hunter ain't a face anymore. Therefore there is no need for him to save any face like he did against Punk ("You don't wear the pants in your relationship, but you do wear her panties"). Now, people are going to pay to see Daniel Bryan kick Triple H's fucking head in and I think he's smart enough to recognise that and allow it to happen.

They don't matter a majority of the time. Both DB's win and loss last night were one of the few times it did matter, and each one happened like it should have.

Wins and losses only matter if going a different way will significantly change the financial future of the WWE. And I believe the WWE brand is so strong that they can sell us on anything in no time flat that. Therefore, even outcomes we perceive as intelligent from a storytelling perspective are rendered inconsequential.

Almost nothing matters. Ever.

#NearlyNihilist

You can ignore all of last week's bitching about Daniel Bryan now. I was in a mood.

That's assuming WWE can go bigger and more mainstream than it already is. They're strong, they have a corporate empire, multiple movie deals, marketing ads, etc. But until further notice Cena is still as far as they can go in that regard. (But I believe DB's loss was important that it spring boarded him even higher than he was so we'll see)

But I'm not debating that as looking at a wrestling company in a financial sense 100% of the time and not basing anything off whatever story they're trying to sell just kills it for me. I understand why certain decisions are made because certain people won't draw or bring in the big bucks and others can but solely basing my enjoyment of wrestling off who will make the company money in X amount of time will make me even more cynical. Last thing I need, so no thanks.

But I'm not debating that as looking at a wrestling company in a financial sense 100% of the time and not basing anything off whatever story they're trying to sell just kills it for me. I understand why certain decisions are made because certain people won't draw or bring in the big bucks and others can but solely basing my enjoyment of wrestling off who will make the company money in X amount of time will make me even more cynical. Last thing I need, so no thanks.
Who bases their enjoyment on things like that? I certainly don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back