• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sully

Jesus christ I can take a blank map and draw the entire US, play more fucking carmen sandiego

I actually wish we learned more Geography. It's more important then History.

I don't understand why they teach us Geography for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade, then try to shove History down our throats for the next 8 years.

What is more important, learning how Abraham Lincoln never told a lie, or knowing where the States are on the map.

I do know most of them, but I'm a little iffy on some of the middle of the country states states. I think Dakota is a kinda redneck type a place, is it? Then again, I suppose every states has their hics.

Oh well. To be honest, I just added the southern thing in there in my proofreading process. Just trying to throw some insults in there. Wouldn't have put it in if I knew it would derive from the whole argument. You guys are gonna be pissed if Pittsburgh wins it all, talk about bragging rights.

The article provides sources, when about 899 of the articles you are talking about, is some dumbass for a low pay website trying to make the story interesting by not giving all the facts.
You say there's 1 article to support your claim. Then you say there's 1 article that supports his claim.

Every team isn't full of "stand up" people. Nobody is a fucking stand up person. But most of the Steelers aren't corrupt, if you opened your fucking southern eyes.
James Harrison. Flozell Adams. Ben Roethlisberger.

The Steelers cut anybody who is addicted to drugs. Take good ol Holmes for example. Worth a 5th round draft pick? Probably not, but we sure as hell didn't want him on our team as long as he's snorting whatever the hell he's snorting.
So a guy has a serious health concern, and the team CUTS them? That's real classy. Holmes had a problem, got traded, then proved the Steelers that he was past the problems. It was a shit trade for the Steelers. And it makes them look like hypocrites to (for all intents and purposes) throw one guy away, and stand by another, when the guy they were standing by was in MUCH more trouble.

Before you try using the Roethlisberger excuse, he wasn't cut because the Steeler know how much of a joke it was. Again, the Media blew everything up, making it look like Roethlisberger would get traded or released. They would never trade a star QB like Roethlisberger, especially for some stupid college bitch and her friends trying to get money. Actually, it wasn't even the accuser, it was her friends doing it, plus they changed their stories too. I bet you didn't even read that entire article. If you fucking read it, you'd know how stupid the entire case is.
yeah no, there was a legitimate accusation there. Whether anything illegal happened isn't for us to say, as we weren't there, nor were we privy to the police records. The Media overblew it, and some of the media sided with Roethlisberger, and made him seem innocent. He's far from it. As I said, at absolute best, what he did was put himself in a situation where something like that could happen, and allow himself to get caught up in it.

What's going on with Brett Favre by the way? He get in trouble yet?
Yes. He got fined $50,000 by the league, and is currently being sued by 2 massage therapists that claim Sexual Harrassment. The Sterger stuff is done for now, unless she decides to file charges, which she could.
Yes, I'm sure the justice system just decided because Ben Roethlisberger is a professional athlete, that he can just get away with rape. Sure, that is exactly what happened.

No, what happened, is they saw how STUPID this whole thing was, and there was no need to waste anybody's time with a trial.
No, but because Rape is an extremely hard thing to prove, and needs the complete cooperation of the victim, who is under immense pressure and grief (if the accused is just a REGULAR person. It's at least 10-fold for celebrities). That wasn't what happened, so the case went away.

They paid for it? What...a $5000 fine? Yet a questionably illegal hit is worth a fine much 5x larger then that.

No suspended games, the coach didn't get fired, they superbowl win wasn't taken away.
They lost their 1st round pick that year. That's plenty punishment. They don't take away a fucking Superbowl. This isn't the NCAA. To even say they should do that is fucking stupid (especially since they didn't win the Super Bowl that year).

I'm obviously going to have "Steeler cum" in my eyes, because I am a diehard Steeler fan. :shrug:
Or because the Steelers and their player/rapists can do absolutely no wrong in your eyes.
That's true, maybe they aren't cheating, but without Tom Brady they'd be shit. What pisses me off, is Roger Goodell loving Tom Brady. Anybody touches him, they get a $300,000 fine.
As was said already, Cassel went 11-5 in 08. And actually, Brady doesn't draw fines. Fines are accrued by the actions of the guys hitting him. Maybe he gets a couple flags that other QBs don't get, but when you are one of the best 2 QBs in the game today (Manning, and both are in the all-time discussion), you get that. Jordan got calls. Babe Ruth likely got the benefit of the doubt too.

You know how many times Roethlisberger is hit late. All the fucking time. They may not show it on TV, but at the 2nd Bungles game in the Reg season, I was there, and they were doing it every time! No flag.
He's hit all the time less then you think. Again, your bias is coming into effect. Because you like Roethlisberger, you think he's getting hit late. The problem is he's holding the ball too long and inviting guys to hit him as he throws.

Ben-Roethlisberger-Gray-Penis-041910L_0.jpg

missy-peregrym-and-ben-roethlisberger-1nX3Gn.jpg

images

Ben Roethlisberger is fat? Really? (I've said "really" so much, I feel like I'm the Miz.) First of all, you have to be tall and wide to be a good quarter back. You need height to see over the line men, and being wide helps avoid the blitz.
Drew Brees begs to differ. He's light years ahead of Roethlisberger, and is 6 feet tall, and not very "wide".

Plus, the pads and muscle add on to the apparent "fat". Roethlisberger isn't even fat, he's built like an NFL quarterback, haven't you ever heard Chris Collinsworth say that on Madden? :rolleyes:
He's built like a linebacker (or oversized safety). He's tall and very big.

Roethlisberger is about the same size as any other quarterback. Saying he's fat is like saying Peyton Manning is fat.

If Roethlisberger is fat, he sure is the fasted fat guy I've ever seen, and those 20 yard runs must really be hard for a fat guy like Ben to do.

You can't be overweight and be able to play professional football. Even linemen aren't "fat". They have the body build, and the muscle.
Tim Tebow. Kerry Collins. David Garrard. Donovan McNabb. Josh Freeman. John Skelton. Those are the only QBs in the league that are bigger then or equal to Roethlisberger (among starters and backups that saw action). Of all of them, only Freeman is firmly entrenched as a starting QB (Tebow might be), Collins is retiring (likely) because he's old. The others (now) suck (McNabb, Garrard, Skelton). So yeah, you need to be "tall and wide" to start at QB in the NFL.:rolleyes:

Is it bad that I had to google "nuanced" to see what it meant? These damm school systems, we barely learn vocaburarly anymore either. :disappointed:

Do they really expect us ignornant, teenage highschool kids, who do nothing but goof off and play videogames, to remember the shit we learned back in elemantary school.

Serious, they need re-do their academic schedule. We learn chemistry, algebra, biology, history.

All of those subjects will only work if you wanna be a chemist, or a teacher, or a historian. Those are 3 careers. Learn that stuff in college. They need to focus more on English, Grammar (ironic, right?), Geography. As far as math goes, they need to have a class on teaching us how to use a calculator to find what we need. Just soley on that. It's not like we're going to solve algebraic equations any other way! A class just for teaching students how to use a graphing calculator.

Just a thought. :shrug:

I actually wish we learned more Geography. It's more important then History.

I don't understand why they teach us Geography for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade, then try to shove History down our throats for the next 8 years.
They stop teaching Geography because they figure after 3 years you should have a general idea of where the fucking states are. Plus, part of history involves looking at maps. That's a refresher course on your Geography right there. And no, Geography is NOT more important then History.

That's why you have electives. A lot of the subject is required by the state to graduate. I don't care if you're going to be a writer, if you can't do algebra, you wont pass. That's why they make electives, so you can choose other classes that you want to have.

You say there's 1 article to support your claim. Then you say there's 1 article that supports his claim.

Then I guess we're pretty much even. :lmao:

James Harrison. Flozell Adams. Ben Roethlisberger.

James Harrison? What...he isn't a stand up guy for making a few late hits? He hasn't gotten in any trouble with the law. Yeah, he tackled some Browns fan with down syndrome, but nobody remembers that anyways. ;)

I already explained Ben in my previous post, but you still had the ignorance to put him there. So if I went and accused Tom Brady of rape, would he not be a stand up guy. I could have the shittiest story ever, I could change my story several times, I could do whatever the fuck I wanted with it. I could have my friends encourage me, and then I can back out on in. Does that automatically make Tom Brady a rapist? Ask Ben, same fucking thing happened with him.

Adams....well we needed a new offensive lineman. He'll be cut in the offseason, if he's lucky he'll stay another year, but I'm thinking he won't make it to the 2011 season.

So a guy has a serious health concern, and the team CUTS them? That's real classy. Holmes had a problem, got traded, then proved the Steelers that he was past the problems. It was a shit trade for the Steelers. And it makes them look like hypocrites to (for all intents and purposes) throw one guy away, and stand by another, when the guy they were standing by was in MUCH more trouble.

A serious health concern? He did drugs. I don't call doing drugs a serious health concern, I call it fucking stupid. The first time he did them, he was in control, it was his fucking fault. Yes, It was a shit trade, he is still a hell of a wide receiver.

I suppose you are still talking about Ben Roethlisberger. WHAT DON'T YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND, THE STEELERS AND THE POLICE KNEW THE ACCUSATION WAS BULLSHIT, HOLMES WAS ADDICTED TO DRUGS!

The bar incident just added to Holmes' problems. Once again, if Mark Sanchez get's accused of rape, even if he didn't do it at all (but if the media blows it up, and makes a big deal about nothing) then should he be traded?

Both of their stories is completley different, they had a reason to trade Holmes. If the Steelers traded Ben, that would be stupider then when they cut Johnny Unitas in camp.

yeah no, there was a legitimate accusation there. Whether anything illegal happened isn't for us to say, as we weren't there, nor were we privy to the police records. The Media overblew it, and some of the media sided with Roethlisberger, and made him seem innocent. He's far from it. As I said, at absolute best, what he did was put himself in a situation where something like that could happen, and allow himself to get caught up in it.

You are exactly right. I think he was drinking with the girl, and was probably messing around with her, but no rape happened. The friends are the ones who decided to accuse Roethlisberger.

He may not be a saint, but he's still a hell of a quarterback. He did put himself in the situation, and he did bring the NFL bad publicity. That's why he was suspended. I don't think he deserved a 6 game suspension though (Later 4) I say 2 games would be fair.

What really pissed me off about the entire situation, there was Pittsburgh Steelers fans, who said he was a rapist. They weren't even backing up their own quarterback. My high school is full of a bunch of redneck hockey fans, who are bandwagon fans with Pittsburgh. I cannot stand the citizens of Pittsburgh. Most of it has died down now, and they all jumped along to ride on the bandwagon, but it still pisses me off. I guess every team has it's bandwagon though.

In the strip (it's a street in Pittsburgh full of shops and stores with a shitload of Steeler stuff) they had all kinds of t-shirts mocking Big Ben. That is the things that piss me off. I don't mind it as much when say a Colts or a Baltimore fan says he's a rapist. Yeah, it pisses me off, but when Pittsburghers are saying it.

I cannot stand the Pittsburgh Penguins. Their fans are bandwagons, and they are obnoxious.

Yes. He got fined $50,000 by the league, and is currently being sued by 2 massage therapists that claim Sexual Harrassment. The Sterger stuff is done for now, unless she decides to file charges, which she could.

She should. I don't care too much about Favre. He's gone anyways, long as he doesn't cry too much, we all know he's good at that.
No, but because Rape is an extremely hard thing to prove, and needs the complete cooperation of the victim, who is under immense pressure and grief (if the accused is just a REGULAR person. It's at least 10-fold for celebrities). That wasn't what happened, so the case went away.

Pressure and grief? Fuck that. If I was raped, I would press full charges, and make sure that person is sued, and jailed. I would do everything to put them behind bars. Even if it was Ben Roethlisberger. She was in Ohio, right? That state has two teams that are Pittsburgh's rival. Hell, I'd make up a story on the spot if I had a chance to accuse Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. My family needs money, and I would do it in a heartbeat, no remorse.
They lost their 1st round pick that year. That's plenty punishment. They don't take away a fucking Superbowl. This isn't the NCAA. To even say they should do that is fucking stupid (especially since they didn't win the Super Bowl that year).

I guess you got me there.
Or because the Steelers and their player/rapists can do absolutely no wrong in your eyes.

Of course not. I don't think he's a rapist, and I'm a Steeler fan. I'm always going to back them up. I don't care if they murder something, long as they win superbowls.

As was said already, Cassel went 11-5 in 08. And actually, Brady doesn't draw fines. Fines are accrued by the actions of the guys hitting him. Maybe he gets a couple flags that other QBs don't get, but when you are one of the best 2 QBs in the game today (Manning, and both are in the all-time discussion), you get that. Jordan got calls. Babe Ruth likely got the benefit of the doubt too.

Guess you got me here too.
He's hit all the time less then you think. Again, your bias is coming into effect. Because you like Roethlisberger, you think he's getting hit late. The problem is he's holding the ball too long and inviting guys to hit him as he throws.

Half of the flags Harrison get's is exactly what you just explained, especially the Bills game.

Ben-Roethlisberger-Gray-Penis-041910L_0.jpg

missy-peregrym-and-ben-roethlisberger-1nX3Gn.jpg

images

Drew Brees begs to differ. He's light years ahead of Roethlisberger, and is 6 feet tall, and not very "wide".

He's built like a linebacker (or oversized safety). He's tall and very big.

Tim Tebow. Kerry Collins. David Garrard. Donovan McNabb. Josh Freeman. John Skelton. Those are the only QBs in the league that are bigger then or equal to Roethlisberger (among starters and backups that saw action). Of all of them, only Freeman is firmly entrenched as a starting QB (Tebow might be), Collins is retiring (likely) because he's old. The others (now) suck (McNabb, Garrard, Skelton). So yeah, you need to be "tall and wide" to start at QB in the NFL.:rolleyes:

You sure as hell need to be tall. If you can't see over the line, then you won't be able to do anything. I guess Roethlisberger is a little bit wider then most of the Quarterbacks, but he get's the job down. I guess he is different, but he sure as hell isn't fat. He's big....hence the nickname, Big Ben.

The guy avoids sacks like a boss, and can make any play under pressure, there is no debating the fact that he's a good quarterback. I bleed black and gold, so of course I won't see anything wrong with the Steelers, or our Quarterback.

That's why you have electives. A lot of the subject is required by the state to graduate. I don't care if you're going to be a writer, if you can't do algebra, you wont pass. That's why they make electives, so you can choose other classes that you want to have.

My school needs to have better electives.

Woodshop, Drama, Art.

I wish we had a creative writing elective.

They stop teaching Geography because they figure after 3 years you should have a general idea of where the fucking states are. Plus, part of history involves looking at maps. That's a refresher course on your Geography right there. And no, Geography is NOT more important then History.

Apparently it is.

Depends on the teachers to, and if they can do their fucking job of teaching an 8 year old the states, and if that 8 year old actually pays attention.

A refresher course? Not sure what type of refresher that was, you didn't really teach anything.

Geography > History

No, I think History is useless. Maybe some History, but they shouldn't teach History past Middle School.

Plus, they repeat 3 quarters of the shit they teach anyways. Civics is important, Geography is important, useless History that already happened in the middle of fucking time, not important.

Social Studies was more important then fucking History. Like I said, some of it is useful to learn, but they should teach all of it before High School, because unless I wanna be a Historian, I don't need fucking History.

If I wanna be a Historian, I'd go to college to learn it, or I'd learn THAT in the imaginary fucking electives that I wish my school had more of.

Lol... wow, he really does look like a chubbier Jason Segal right there.

Anyways, I like Big Ben a lot. Hell of a quarterback, and I thought he got a raw deal with the rape accusations.

I also respect the Patriots organization more than any other in the league.

I'm definitely hoping we get a Pats/Steelers AFC Championship. I don't think these two have met in the playoffs since the Drew Bledsoe game. It's definitely been a long time coming, since these teams are 2 of the greatest 3 AFC teams of the last decade.

Sully you need to take a morals class if you will cheer for murderers as long as they win Super Bowls. Just sayin.

Long as they're wearing black N' gold. :D

I don't think Ray Lewis did anything either, but I don't feel he's important enough to debate about, so I'll leave him go.

I don't want to get involved in this argument, but Sully, for the love of GOD, don't let that little fucking bitch Stormtrooper get you all worked up. That guy would say about anything if it was a slap in the face of the STEELERS. Fuck him and his fucking jets.

Megatron isn't the brightest either, haha.

Good for Pittsburgh though, may be tough games, but we get the bragging rights. We take out Baltimore Saturday, then we get to get revenge on either the Jets, or the Patriots. Either way, one of the teams that got a lucky game on us, will get their just desserts.

Stormtrooper seems to know more then he does.

Depends. Does anything really matter? If you think about it, everything in life...really..doesn't matter, in the end it's all nothing anyways.

Positive.

I was just thinking about that though, going into a hippy sorta state the other day thinking about it, and life and stuff. Kinda makes you wonder.

Megatron isn't the brightest either, haha.

Good for Pittsburgh though, may be tough games, but we get the bragging rights. We take out Baltimore Saturday, then we get to get revenge on either the Jets, or the Patriots. Either way, one of the teams that got a lucky game on us, will get their just desserts.

Stormtrooper seems to know more then he does.

And how were the Patriots, who put 39 on the Steelers in their own back yard, lucky? Please explain.

Good to see everyone kept their composure in this thread.

Also, the Pats fucking railed us. In no way was that a lucky win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back