• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strikeforce On CBS LD: There Are No Shields For The Big Right Hand

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
2i8g485.jpg

Date: Saturday, April 16
Channel: CBS
Times: 9:00 EST (Tape Delayed at 9:00 for those of you on the West Coast)

MAIN CARD:

Strikeforce Middleweight Championship

Jake Shields (c) (24-4-1)

jake_shields_belts_twitter.jpg

VS.

Dan Henderson (25-7)

1998%20proimage%20dan%20henderson.jpg

Strikeforce Light-Heavyweight Championship

Gegard Mousasi (c) (28-2-1)

mousasi.jpg

VS.

Muhammad Lawal (6-0)

king_mo_lawal_dancers.jpg

Strikeforce Lightweight Championship

Gilbert Melendez (c) (17-2)

gilbert_melendez_josh_thompson.jpg

VS.

"Stone Cold" Shinya Aoki (23-4)

20100101048.jpg

I'm shocked at how there's been no promotion for this card. Not only are there three title fights, all of which should be good to great fights, but they're all featuring marketable guys. Even the most casual of MMA fans know who Dan Henderson is, and how he's a legend of this sport. There's a great storyline here with this fight too. Jake Shields is going to the UFC win or lose. Can he leave with the title, and continue this 13 fight win streak? That's compelling stuff.

Gegard Mousasi is one of the best in the world, and is the third best light-heavyweight in the world behind Lyoto Machida and Shogun Rua. If you've never seen him fight, do yourself a favor tomorrow night and tune in. He's awesome to watch. King Mo, despite not really beating anyone, has a mouth on him and I can't wait for Mousasi to shut him up.

Gilbert Melendez vs. Shinya Aoki could be a fight that dictates who the top Lightweight in the world is. It should also be a match that features two guys who couldn't be on further spectrums in styles. Aoki is a bitch, but he's an extremely talented fighter, and was always thought to be the #2 Lightweight. He cries win or loss, hopefully he loses for some hilarity.

Jason "Mayhem" Miller is also fighting a can, I'm not sure if it will make the main card. Strikeforce also never shows prelims, so feel free to talk about them.

Predictions:

Henderson by Decision
Mousasi by Strikes
Aoki by Sub Hold

lol, Aoki and his awesome tights. However, my money is on Melendez. Other then that I completely agree with the rest of the main card. Oh and Mayhem Miller will win by way of insanity.

Good round...have to give the round to "King Mo", but I don't see the fight going in his favor at this point.

I agree...he's won every round in this fight.

I read the thread in the MMA thread about Mousasi, and how great he's supposed to be...I'm just not seeing it here tonight.

I started watching about midway through the third round. So it's illegal to kick in the head or did I miss something?

Ah ok. Sorry for being so out of it. This is the 2nd MMA show I've ever watched.

You should watch more...it's very entertaining. It's just like wrestling...when you get to know the fighters and learn about who they are, the action becomes so exciting you just love to watch it.

I started watching WAAAY back when the UFC first started, but I got back into it last year at UFC100. I then bought Season 1 of the Ultimate Fighter for $13 and I was hooked. Watching The Ultimate Fighter is a GREAT way to get to know guys in the UFC.

I don't normally watch Strikeforce. Are there any rule differences between Stikeforce and UFC?
This is only the second show I've seen, but the biggest difference I noticed was that you cannot elbow an opponent on the ground, in any form or fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back