Sting Needs to Lose the Shirt

The shirt does bother me too somewhat. The main reason is because I feel like it takes away from his character. When I think of Sting I don't picture him wearing a t-shirt. I don't see Undertaker or Kane ever wear a t-shirt because it doesn't fit their gimmick. That's how I feel about Sting also. Maybe he is just trying something new to his character now but I guess I don't get it. It just seems tacky. When Bray Wyatt had his Summer Slam match and was wearing a sleeveless style of his shirt I thought the same thing, it just looks weird. For some reason when he wears a plain black tank top it just fits his character better. I haven't seen him wear his shirt under his Hawaiian style shirt anymore and that's a good thing. Someone mentioned no one ripping on AJ Styles for him wrestling in a shirt and it did look dumb to me also. T-shirts are to be worn as an alternate attire. I am having trouble remembering what event it was when Stone Cold wore a tshirt rather than his leather vest to the ring and it just was slightly strange to see. Obviously he didn't wrestle in the shirt, but still. My main point is I feel like t-shirts are a backstage/on the mic/run down to the ring to quickly kick some ass type of situation and not wrestling attire.

It is really quite simple; Sting was a big guy in the 90s and that was thanks to steroids. Once he got off them and started getting older, it caught up with him and he needs the shirt to cover the flabby nature of his chest area. Not a big deal to me. As long as Sting can still contribute to the overall show, the shirt isn't a big deal. He's a legend who is one of the main reasons why people even still watch TNA.

You know, where I work I find myself in situations where someone is asking me something fundamentally stupid. That person with the stupid question has rank and a solid reputation, so I'm left having to struggle to be tactful and validate their dumbass question while appearing thoughtfully intrigued.

I've been abruptly asked "Do you think Lady Gaga is a dude?" or "Why can't we execute illegal immigrants". I work with some characters.

Now then, pro-wrestling is my escape. Oddly enough, when people can remain focused on one form of art they tend to be more thoughtful in their inqueries. It's a world where "Why is John Cena so popular" isn't a dumb question, it inspires thoughts and opinions.

I feel betrayed right now. I feel like fate just can't let me have an interest where conversations relating to it don't originate as an obvious means of generating pointless banter.

Sting wears a shirt when he wrestles. Does the shirt cause him to botch moves? Is there anything offensive or abusive on the shirt itself? These are questions that one should answer for the forum if they're smart enough to want to explain their distaste for the shirt. I realize that wrestling in a shirt is somewhat unusual, I had to make that point for you because you didn't get that far in broadcasting your most penetrating insights into this matter.

We're talking about Sting here. We're not talking about The Brooklyn Brawler or Pistol Pez Whatley for fucks sake. Getting to see Sting perform at all is a privelege. If you can't appreciate his work because he was wearing a shirt, then you're probably one of the ones who validate the stereotype that all pro-wrestling fans are fucking morons.

Here's the thing though people go to watch the biggest stars looking like the biggest stars. If people back in the day went to see Frank freakin Sinatra, they wanted to see him with the greatest, most costly suit available. They didn't want to see Frank in t-shirt and jeans or looking like a hobo. Can you imagine the reception? The fans would have been "well sure Frank sang well tonight but it wasn't the same I won't come back". Bottom line, IT'S A LACK OF RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT PAYS MONEY TO SEE YOU.

It is really quite simple; Sting was a big guy in the 90s and that was thanks to steroids. Once he got off them and started getting older, it caught up with him and he needs the shirt to cover the flabby nature of his chest area. Not a big deal to me. As long as Sting can still contribute to the overall show, the shirt isn't a big deal. He's a legend who is one of the main reasons why people even still watch TNA.

The solution is this, just eat less and take care of your body. You don't have to show the illusion that you're still a big guy or spend your time in the gym. Case in point Sting, was it BFG 2008 when Sting faced Jarrett for the TNA title? Sting had returned to his early 90s attire with the regular wrestling pants and he had nothing on his chest. He wasn't muscular and ripped like before but on the other hand, he was thin. Just a thin guy. And it suited him, there was nothing wrong with it.

The shirt does bother me too somewhat. The main reason is because I feel like it takes away from his character. When I think of Sting I don't picture him wearing a t-shirt. I don't see Undertaker or Kane ever wear a t-shirt because it doesn't fit their gimmick. That's how I feel about Sting also. Maybe he is just trying something new to his character now but I guess I don't get it. It just seems tacky. When Bray Wyatt had his Summer Slam match and was wearing a sleeveless style of his shirt I thought the same thing, it just looks weird. For some reason when he wears a plain black tank top it just fits his character better. I haven't seen him wear his shirt under his Hawaiian style shirt anymore and that's a good thing. Someone mentioned no one ripping on AJ Styles for him wrestling in a shirt and it did look dumb to me also. T-shirts are to be worn as an alternate attire. I am having trouble remembering what event it was when Stone Cold wore a tshirt rather than his leather vest to the ring and it just was slightly strange to see. Obviously he didn't wrestle in the shirt, but still. My main point is I feel like t-shirts are a backstage/on the mic/run down to the ring to quickly kick some ass type of situation and not wrestling attire.

That's essentialy the problem that most of us have, it kills the character And Sting most of all is all about his character. I mean he's not Dean Malenko. As t-shirts are not meant to wrestle in it cause it's more of something you wear when you're not active.

I can see the collective groan of people when they see Sting with it and thinks he's lazy. It's probably not true but I bet some people thinks he's gonna phoning it and his heart is not in the game cause he wears a t-shirt.

Here's the thing though people go to watch the biggest stars looking like the biggest stars. If people back in the day went to see Frank freakin Sinatra, they wanted to see him with the greatest, most costly suit available. They didn't want to see Frank in t-shirt and jeans or looking like a hobo. Can you imagine the reception? The fans would have been "well sure Frank sang well tonight but it wasn't the same I won't come back". Bottom line, IT'S A LACK OF RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT PAYS MONEY TO SEE YOU.

Do you really think people are that fickle that they'll stop watching or going to events because one guy in the company decided to wear a shirt? I mean wrestling fans are pretty fickle but I don't see them no longer wanting to watch a show because one guy wears a shirt.

How exactly is it disrespectful? Look how many ECW wrestlers wore t shirts when that company was around. Were they all disrespectful? Some of them like Tommy Dreamer came to TNA for a little bit and still wore a t-shirt. Was he being disrespectful?

As long as Sting is still putting on good matches and entertaining the crowd I doubt they could care less what he's wearing. I would bet quite a lot that fans are leaving saying "Man Sting put on an awesome match tonight but he was wearing a t shirt so I won't pay to see him wrestle anymore."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back