John Cena's new attire.

nbieclkl91

Quote the Raven, nevermore.
Ok so is it just me or is anyone else sick of the purple that John Cena is wearing? Personally, I think he should stick to one colour base (ie. Hulk Hogan w/ Red & Yellow). Out of all the colours John Cena has worn, I think the Blue gear he wore in svr 2010 was the best. But, the one colour we have not seen Cena wear is...RED! I think he'd look cool with a red t-shirt, hat,armbands and writsbands! Maybe the other colours could be blue & white (AMERICAN). So, the question being, would you change John Cena's attire? If so, what would you change it to and why?

John Cena did wear red for a very short period of time in 2008. The red Cenation shirt with a globe and eagle saying cenation. I do agree that he should be known for one or two colors, even if it means getting a new design here and there. I liked the shirt which had him doing the 5 knuckle shuffle in video game style.

Red and Yellow would be cool. Its edgy and for someone many have said is this generation's Hulk Hogan it would fit. Cena needs to go heel. That would help his mic skills and in ring technique in a manner it did to Hollywood Hulk Hogan.

I don't see a problem in John Cena changing his attire every now and then. Considering the fact that it brings in more money for WWE that the kids wants the newest stuff they produce for John Cena to wear. As well as the fact that it "compliments" his past of changing jerseys more or less weekly. John has never truly been a one merchandise type of guy, he's always been the type of guy that spreads his stuff around and brings different things into his attire rather often.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, or haven't watched John's latest DVD, if you look into it, you can actually see that, much like his rapper jersey time, that the t-shirts he wears compliments some sort of football team (I'm not American so I don't know whether it's college football teams, or NFL teams).

Either way, it makes money and it's proven to be something WWE has managed to pull off for a fairly long time. So I don't see the big problem here, besides it's just a T-shirt with a specific color.

I don't see a problem in John Cena changing his attire every now and then. Considering the fact that it brings in more money for WWE that the kids wants the newest stuff they produce for John Cena to wear. As well as the fact that it "compliments" his past of changing jerseys more or less weekly. John has never truly been a one merchandise type of guy, he's always been the type of guy that spreads his stuff around and brings different things into his attire rather often.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, or haven't watched John's latest DVD, if you look into it, you can actually see that, much like his rapper jersey time, that the t-shirts he wears compliments some sort of football team (I'm not American so I don't know whether it's college football teams, or NFL teams).

Either way, it makes money and it's proven to be something WWE has managed to pull off for a fairly long time. So I don't see the big problem here, besides it's just a T-shirt with a specific color.

Agreed and now that he's a certified Main Eventer the jerseys kind of fit the ring attire image like how Triple H always had his cerebral assassin shirts. Every main eventer has to have their own shirts. In cena's case he wouldn't go far on jerseys.

I honestly wouldn't mind a change to his actual wrestling attire, I'm not a fan of the plain old jean shorts. Not saying he has to switch to a traditional scrotum pincher or anything, but maybe slap his name or a logo on his jeans

I honestly wouldn't mind a change to his actual wrestling attire, I'm not a fan of the plain old jean shorts. Not saying he has to switch to a traditional scrotum pincher or anything, but maybe slap his name or a logo on his jeans

What, like a nascar driver? No thank you.

As for his Attire, maybe he should have more than one pair of jean shorts that he wears, and different kicks. My personal opinion is that the WWE should start making Cena sports Jerseys, Basketball, football, baseball. Each one a little different, but the same idea. I think it would look good. Granted, it gears more towards the dr of thuganomics Cena, which I honestly miss.

As for his T-Shirts, the purple and yellow make my eyes bleed, and also reminds me of my high school in florida. Perhaps Red and Blue, or Red and White? I like the idea of red though.

Also people said Hogan was consistent with Red and Yellow? Wrong he switched to Black and White when he adopted the "Hollywood" gimmick.

Red and white seems too bland and red and blue was already done. he did the all american colors when he returned from his injury to face jericho.

has ANYONE on this site realize WHY John Cena is the biggest merchandise mover in the WWE. It is because he changes his ring gear(shirt, hat bands) to new colors and designs every 4 or 5 months.
Now I hate face Cena, he is boring and repetitive just like all the faces in wrestling. If I was in charge of the merchandise department I would give Cena Black and Blue highlights for colors and just change the design on the shirt. Some of the clothing they have made for John has been hideous. his orange shirt and the shirt that had him as a video game(mario brothers style) were god awful.

I have been hoping he'd go to actual wrestling gear when he makes a heel turn ever since Jesse Ventura was the guest host.

When he said Cena was the "perfect little champ" for Vince I have been picturing him turning heel with Vince and wearing generic wrestling gear. I think it would be a good heel gimmick.

Yes. He could be this generations "Corporate Champion" if he goes heel. Cena would be a good heel. They need to do it. Look at how many overrated superstars were better as heel. Rock, Hogan, Hardy, Angle, etc. the list goes on.

has ANYONE on this site realize WHY John Cena is the biggest merchandise mover in the WWE. It is because he changes his ring gear(shirt, hat bands) to new colors and designs every 4 or 5 months.
Now I hate face Cena, he is boring and repetitive just like all the faces in wrestling. If I was in charge of the merchandise department I would give Cena Black and Blue highlights for colors and just change the design on the shirt. Some of the clothing they have made for John has been hideous. his orange shirt and the shirt that had him as a video game(mario brothers style) were god awful.

Hey now, the Retro NES Shirt was awesome. Honestly one of my personal favorites. I love the idea of black and blue highlights though.

I personally loved the 8-bit shirt. As for why he changes it, it's really simple. Like, one-word simple. MONEY. Think about it. If your favorite band gets a new shirt, don't you want to buy it? So why not do that with a wrestler? Makes sense to me.

agreed. But most of us want Cena to go heel so that way he can debut new attire. Another question is why is it when Rocky Maivia was pushed as a face people were booing him; while when Cena who started out as a thug, was pushed as a face people cheered?

I just think he needs to lose the Jhorts(which haven't been cool since the early 2000's)

While I understand the jean shorts represent his "unconventionalism" and a statement of him being the everyman(or in the case of Jhorts, the white trash everyman).

I think he needs to go back to the old attire but freshen it up. Having sort of a "retro" look might be cool. I just have trouble taking him seriously in Jean shorts.

Actually, if you look, the purple and orange shirts are the first because most of the others were black shirts with color logos and designs. I have a feeling that we are going to see red, blue, green, yellow, and white (maybe black if heel turn comes, no pink) as the base color of the shirts in the future. I just hope someone make a gay rainbow joke about it at some point.:lmao:

I could really give half a turd about Cena's ring attire - or that of most of the other guys on the roster. Frankly, unless it's needed to get over a wrestler's character (just kind of an extreme example, see Irwin R Shyster) then it's not really important. That's not to say that I don't appreciate a cool t-shirt or hat or anything like that (or the opposite, I'll notice if something is extremely dumb).

But let's face it, at this point Cena's character is so established that it really doesn't make a difference what color of t-shirt he wears to the ring. Although I think the monochromatic looks is pretty stupid on anybody (save for all black, I suppose [is that racist?]).

The reason Cena does so well with moving merchandise outside of being the face of the company is that he's not generic. He's diverse in that he doesn't wear or use the same gear for a long period of time, avoiding it becoming stale. Its like when you're favorite band goes on tour promoting their new album, they bring new merchandise along as well. All the wrestlers change attire frequently. Randy Orton, Miz, Sheamus, Edge, and CM Punk are just some who have debuted new attire recently.

As for the shirt he currently wears, he debuted it the night of Summerslam, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The Lakers play there, and his shirt is the same color as the Lakers. It was at one of the "big four" PPV's, which is generally around the time Cena changes his attire. Summerslam was in August, so he's had the shirt for 4 months right now. Hardly overkill.

I'd expect something new soon as we head towards Wrestlemania, perhaps even near the Rumble. Cena's worn virtually every color before, including the red football jersey in early 2008. It doesn't really matter to me what WWE decides to do, because it will be successful and make WWE alot of money. I guarantee that's what's most important to them too.

For Cena to lose the shorts would be ridiculous, that's his style. That FITS him. That's like making Hogan lose the Red and Yellow or Sting lose the facepaint. I wouldn't mind him changing up the shorts, maybe black shorts here, darker denim colors, camo, etc. The dude's shirts sell, no matter what they are everytime they come out. It's all about merchandise sales, who better then Cena?

Hmm a good new outfit is Black Shorts, and a Blue (Aqua Blue/Turquoise/Baby Blue) with Gold/Yellow. I got this idea from a Cena pic in South Park version. It would be nice attire if he goes heel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back