Spike TV's VGA 2011

The hype continues to mount each passing day as we approach Spike TV's 2011 Video Game Awards which will be taking place on December 10th and hosted by Zachary Levi. Each day brings discussion filled with new rumors of what new video games will be revealed and speculation of what new information will be announced regarding games that we already known will be arriving within the new upcoming year.

The tagline for this years event is "See it first." which one would assume that there will be a lot of breaking news that will come from the VGA's in the form of never before seen announcements of games to be released in the near future

Through various official sources, we have been told that we can expect.
  • A brand new and original game from Epic Games
  • A new game from BioWare
  • More information regarding Metal Gear Solid: Rising
  • Details regarding an Amazing Spiderman game
  • A new trailer for BioShock: Infinite
  • A new trailer for the next Alan Wake
  • A new and exclusive game for PlayStation 3.

What are you looking forward to seeing at this year's Video Game Awards?
What reveals or announcements are you hoping are made?

For me, the biggest thing that I am looking forward to the most is the official reveal of "The Last of Us" which is rumored to be the title of Sony's next exclusive. So far, only two teaser screen shots and two teaser trailers have been released, so it will be nice to get an idea of what the actual game will be.

I'm also looking forward to the next trailer for BioShock: Infinite as the first BioShock is one of the best atmospheric games ever. With the same development team (for the most part) that worked on BioShock, I am excited to see how they are able to expand and improve from what they have already accomplished with the first game in the series. The different setting in the game, will also bring a big breath of fresh air to the franchise.

It will be nice to finally get more information and details about Metal Gear Solid: Rising as it's been two years since it was first announced at 2009's E3, and little to no information has been released since.

I am hoping that Epic's new game will be multiplatform, but I'm not going to hold my breath as I'm sure Microsoft (wisely) locked them into another exclusive game for the 360.

Nintendo has remained silent throughout the entire lead-in to the VGA's which means leads me to believe that they don't really have anything to bring to the party, but it would be nice if they tried to clear up some of the details about the eventual Wii U.

It appears as if the video game industry is doing one hell of a job in preventing any form of information from leaking to the masses before the show on Saturday, which makes it difficult to even begin forming predictions of what to expect, except for the fact that this year's event should be exciting for all fans of video games.

Reactions: .
What are you looking forward to seeing at this year's Video Game Awards?
What reveals or announcements are you hoping are made?
These are one in the same for me. I don't really care much for who wins what, as I trust the Interactive Achievement Awards far more in that respect, but the VGA's always get some great trailers and first looks at stuff.

For me, the biggest thing that I am looking forward to the most is the official reveal of "The Last of Us" which is rumored to be the title of Sony's next exclusive.
Same here. I've been following what stuff's been posted on their site for some time, and the game seems to be slowly revealing itself as some kind of post-apocalyptic survival game. If done right, it could be something truly awesome. I do look forward to whatever Bioware's showing, as everything they do is quality. I really just hope that I'm surprised by something this year, especially if that something is Title Fight. Doubtful, but I can still dream.

I'm really looking forward to this event for one sole rumor: The possible announcement of Half Life 3. This story has circulated since the news came up last week of of the Valve employee who was pictured wearing a HL3 shirt. Like you have already said, there is very little being leaked about the news at this event and it is killing me. Half Life is my favourite game series of all time and if it is a new game in the series then i will freak the fuck out.

As for the other things that excite me? Bioshock's new trailer is something to definitely get excited about since the last trailer was pretty cool. Throw a few more cultural references in there like the likes of the Star Wars/Tears for Fears one in the last trailer then it should be quality.

The PS3 exclusive intrigues me also.

The one I am really looking forward too is Bioshock Infinite! I loved the first 2 games immensely and this one looks like it could even surpass the original. I like the fact that the main character (Booker DeWit) can talk unlike Delta in the second game or Jack Ryan in the original. Can not wait to see that shit unfold as well as more visuals of the air city. I want to the huge bird thing that was in the earlier trailers for the game.

As far as the possibility of Half-Life 3 goes, I am somewhat excited. I like Valve and most of their games but I have an embarrassing history with the Half-Life series. I wanted to try out the first 2 games, but I failed to a large extent. I could not sit through the first one due to it's graphics and I did not even know what to do on the first stage of HL2. Still very interesting to see a game that would be many years in the making at the VGA's. Whatever that exclusive Ps3 game will be I am intrigued to find out. I will tune in tonight to see the Bioshock details for the most part though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back