The Last Of Us

Figured this game deserves its own thread considering all the news coming out about it. The game was originally teased about a week ago, with a mysterious website claiming involvement with a new Sony project popping up. It had a couple teaser videos, neither of which featuring gameplay footage, that seemed to have little to do with each other: the first featuring scenes of riot and disorder, with a voiceover of a man longing for the simple things in life people take for granted; the second video, taken from the TV show Planet Earth, detailed a fungus that grows within the brains of various creatures, in this case an ant, who was shown to be dead after having lost control of its actions due to the spores. Fans took quick notice of the site, and many posted their theories on what they believed the game to be.

Soon enough (this past Saturday, in fact), the PS3 exclusive was officially unveiled at Spike's Video Game Awards, with a full trailer. Naughty Dog, makers of Uncharted and Crash Bandicoot, were revealed as the developer of the title (note: recently the studio split their team in two to allow work on multiple projects, this game likely being the work of the "second" team). It showed, in game footage, a man and a young girl working together to find supplies and fend off some kind of deformed humans (likely from a fungus similar to the kind in the ant video). Here's the trailer. The game is expected to release either late 2012 or early 2013. To find out more about the story and lead-in to development click here.

Anyway, that's all the exposition for now. What are your impressions of the game?

I'm personally very excited for this. Looking at the release window, this may be one of the last great games the Playstation 3 sees. Coming from a team like Naught Dog, if even only half the team, means this will surely be a quality product. I just hope it doesn't play like a regular zombie-ish game. I'm looking for innovation here, something new from a studio I know can deliver it. If this game gets even half the polish an Uncharted game typically gets, then they should have a true winner on their hands. I look forward to the game's eventual release, whenever it may be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back