Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 pre-discussion

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
With E3 being literally 2 weeks away from today, and both PS4 and Xbox One stuff out of the way, I'm surprised there isn't much more video game talk... maybe it's because people forget that this section can be utilized for video games as well. :shrug:

Anyway, just like with any annual event, this one seems to be one that gamers both casual and hardcore can get into. With the new consoles announced, surely the peek interest could be when the two consoles are being released, launch titles for the games, and of course what will they do with the current consoles until these games have been released.

And for the added bonus, possibly more WWE 2k14 information could finally be given.

Whatever your interest for E3, discuss it here.

I'm dying to see what the prices for the new consoles will be because for some absurd reason I'd like to get one within three months of launch (stupid thing to do I know) so I can actually keep up with the major releases this generation.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how microsoft handles themselves after all the negative press surrounding their reveal, and seeing whether or not Sony took notes of the M$ mistakes. There's a good opportunity now for Sony to really dominate e3 and try to win this war before it's even begun.

My predictions:
ps4 turns out to look like a big foxtel iq set top box (look it up)
ubisofts presentation is the best
M$ brings out the kids for kinect and show even more sports and tv crap than their reveal show
either Sony or M$ announce a new game and call it "the next mario"
and last but not least the ps4 will be cheaper or within $50 or the xbone

I am interested to see what the next generation of game consoles will have to offer. I have always been more of a Sony guy than Microsoft, although their XB1 looks great this year. I also can't wait to see if any info on WWE2K14 will be released. Of course, I want to see other good shooter games too. I hope Capcom announces Resident Evil 7 because part 6 sucked. They need to go back to the old RE4 and 5 style of presentation and make a more traditional Racoon City scenario with old school zombies via a biological outbreak. Also, I hope Rockstar will announce Max Payne 4 because that bullet time gameplay on PS4 or XB1 would be awesome.

So Microsoft has cancelled their after-talk with the press that they've had going on for almost every E3, it's a smart move considering how atrocious their execs were at responding to the press' questions after the xbone reveal but it leaves the obvious "what are they hiding?" response from the press - but that's only if they DON'T address the concerns about the xbone during the E3 conference itself. In the situation microsoft's in publicity wise right now I'd have to say that's a pretty smart response, but there's one major drawback of it; the time it takes to respond to the questions would dig severely into the time they can show actual games, which was another big reason the reveal was treated so harshly.

On to Sony now, Sony seems to be going in the direction of focusing on the "fun" aspects of the playstation community, coming out and saying that "We are a console for the gamer" and hosting events such as the extremely smart "Playstation LiveCast" thing they're doing throughout the other days of E3 to make sure they're keeping interest in the games.
What is this livecast thing? well apparently they're filling the rest of the E3 schedule with a bunch of non-stop developer interviews, gameplay and tech demos. In their words:
Sony said:
The legends are true! We'll once again be livestreaming E3 worldwide over four gut-busting day during the videogame-iest time of the year. The live E3 broadcast begins this Monday, June 10th at 5:30pm Pacific/8:30pm Eastern with the PlayStation E3 2013 Press Conference, the most exciting (and most Tweeted-about) event on the PlayStation calendar.

Then, starting Tuesday, June 11th at noon Pacific Time, we'll kick off three days of our PlayStation LiveCast show featuring gameplay demos and developer interviews for zillions of upcoming PS4, PS3 and PS Vita games. Expect to see Beyond: Two Souls from Quantic Dream, Destiny from Bungie, DriveClub from Evolution Studios, The Evil Within from Tango GameWorks, Gran Turismo 6 from Polyphony Digital, inFAMOUS: Second Son from Sucker Punch Productions, Killzone: Shadow Fall and Killzone Mercenary from Guerrilla Games, The Last of Us from Naughty Dog, Tearaway from Media Molecule, Wolfenstein: The New Order from MachineGames and many, many more. All told, we're planning to showcase more than 40 games across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.

Whether this is just sony propaganda or not I'll still be keeping up with these "zillions of upcoming games" especially one by the name of "Daylight" - a survival horror game which uses the PSEYE to take a photo as a scare happens, I know it's just for the lolz but it's not a forced hindrance and could produce some hilarious moments which is unique if anything.

I'm relatively pissed that I won't be able to watch the conferences, I'll be in the middle of a programming exam which kinda sucks, although it does mean I'll have a ton to look forward to after i get back home and see all the massive headlines :)

All I'm really looking for in E3 is an announcement regarding Activision's Impact Wrestling game. I can't remember being less interested in an E3 since 2008

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back