Spear

As I suspected. It's good that I read these threads since they do reveal that bar room has an additional hidden rule.

That is don't piss off the staff. I'll keep that in mind.

That wasn't what I meant.

I mean this in general. Where are other places like the bar room but in most of these places the golden forum rule still applies to not offend the staff.

It's usually always in the general rules.

But enough about that. Why don't you tell me what's so special about link?

I never played any of those games and never understood what so special about those zelda games.

Why don't you tell me what's so special about link?

I never played any of those games and never understood what so special about those zelda games.

Play the following:

Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess

Once you have finished all three of those, you may ask that question again, but by that point you won't need to. The only reason you do not see what is so great about Link is because you never played the games.

Play the following:

Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess

Once you have finished all three of those, you may ask that question again, but by that point you won't need to. The only reason you do not see what is so great about Link is because you never played the games.

Well I have to tell you that I'm too old to get into those games. I never played them as a kid so no nostalgia feelings here.

I don't really feel strongly about just any game franchise. I played my whole life. Some franchise like this won't be putting me on it's side.

It would feel nothing special even if I played them. It's that simple when you're getting older.

Not even the mastadons like Metal gear 5 probably would bring me any joy. It happens. At some point you just discover that gaming is not everything.

Oh and btw I'm 24.

Well I have to tell you that I'm too old to get into those games. I never played them as a kid so no nostalgia feelings here.

I don't really feel strongly about just any game franchise. I played my whole life. Some franchise like this won't be putting me on it's side.

It would feel nothing special even if I played them. It's that simple when you're getting older.

Not even the mastadons like Metal gear 5 probably would bring me any joy. It happens. At some point you just discover that gaming is not everything.

Oh and btw I'm 24.

Fair enough, but you have no credibility in criticizing the Link character if you've never even played the game. You have clearly decided that you won't like the games if you try them, so I suppose my challenge would not serve its purpose. Give them a chance, you may be surprised at how much you end up liking them.

I do know that gaming is not everything. I'm this forum's resident Final Fantasy fan, but I place many things above games. My faith, my wife, my dogs, and my job to name 4 of several. I've got around a dozen Wii games that I never finished. Games are icing on the cake at this point in my life, but they are very enjoyable even to a 27 year old, and I am not the only adult male feeling this way.

Fair enough, but you have no credibility in criticizing the Link character if you've never even played the game. You have clearly decided that you won't like the games if you try them, so I suppose my challenge would not serve its purpose. Give them a chance, you may be surprised at how much you end up liking them.

I do know that gaming is not everything. I'm this forum's resident Final Fantasy fan, but I place many things above games. My faith, my wife, my dogs, and my job to name 4 of several. I've got around a dozen Wii games that I never finished. Games are icing on the cake at this point in my life, but they are very enjoyable even to a 27 year old, and I am not the only adult male feeling this way.

Now let us get this straight. I never criticized link or Zelda games for that matter since as you said you can't do that unless you try it for yourself. I asked what was so special about Link. If people would ask me for example what so special about Solid Snake and how he helped me shape the world view or how did Claire Redfield charmed me in my teens I would gladly explain to them.

It wasn't criticism. It was a simple question aimed towards KB.

What I was criticizing was my gaming history. I done it most of them by now. I'm not a kid nor a teen anymore. Sure they can be a bit of fun but when you have wasted 3/4 of your life on gaming you tend to think a bit differently and feel about them differently... let me say it isn't the same as I felt about them 13 years ago.

I simply don't really get excited about them anymore. Beating a game is more of a habit rather then me really enjoying them.

Besides I'm not a WII guy. Was more of an xbox and ps guy here myself.

So RE fan? Same here. Tell me which is your favo character?

Now as far as your wife, your job, your dog and especially your faith goes...tell me more about that? At the moment it that sounds more interesting.

So RE fan? Same here. Tell me which is your favo character?

Now as far as your wife, your job, your dog and especially your faith goes...tell me more about that? At the moment it that sounds more interesting.

RE as in Resident Evil? I didn't really play those much so I do not have a favorite character. I am christian, married 3 years, i work in customer service, and have two papillon puppies. You?

Oh and btw I'm 24.

I hate myself for getting involved in this, I really do. But are you saying that you can't enjoy a Zelda game, old or new, because you're 24?

Games are icing on the cake at this point in my life, but they are very enjoyable even to a 27 year old, and I am not the only adult male feeling this way.

Even for someone who rarely plays video games, Ocarina of Time remains one of my favorites ever.

Age really should have no bearing on the games you play or find interest in. My nephew got Skylanders for Christmas and my mom who is in her late 50s sits down and plays it on her own and I would consider that a kids game.

Not having an interest in a game is one thing but saying you won't like it because you're too old is a tad silly.

RE as in Resident Evil? I didn't really play those much so I do not have a favorite character. I am christian, married 3 years, i work in customer service, and have two papillon puppies. You?

So why did you ignore the rest of my post? Was kinda making a point there you know.

Oh I thought you said you where a fan of both RE and FF. You said Resident Final fantasy. Dunno what you meant by that then.

So how is the marriage working out for you? It seem being christian means a lot in your life. It's good to have faith in so many ways:.

Oh yeah and puppies need love man..those puppies need love:);).

I hate myself for getting involved in this, I really do. But are you saying that you can't enjoy a Zelda game, old or new, because you're 24?

Re read my post and I bet you will understand what I meant. I explained it pretty well I believe.

Age really should have no bearing on the games you play or find interest in. My nephew got Skylanders for Christmas and my mom who is in her late 50s sits down and plays it on her own and I would consider that a kids game.

Not having an interest in a game is one thing but saying you won't like it because you're too old is a tad silly.

I wish I could say that. I wish I could say it bears no meaning but it does for me. It's just isn't the same in any shape or form.

The world is simply bigger then the games. At one point in my life I believed that the games where most fun thing one could do on free time. But now interest just waned. Sorry to say but it happened and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I'm not saying that, that mom knows anything about games and what they can be. She should beat Metal gear Solid , God of War and all the Latest GTA's and tell again that gaming is for kids...I bet she would never be able to do that.

or heavy rain for that matter. Many games are not for kids at all but are meant for far older audiences. Anyone who are really into games know that. It all depends on the franchise. Parents who really are interested can always do a little research...just saying.

Now I'm also talking about nostalgia factor which people do use when they are talking about this oscarina of time and other titles. It plays huge factor when we buy and play certain game continuations. We all want to be taken back to our youth and be part of "how fun it was back when". Well that ship has sailed for me.

I don't feel much joy over such factors. So no me being silly has nothing to do with it. I'm just acknowledging the fact that it won't be as much fun as it would have been ages ago.

Not saying it is so for everyone but I'm pretty sure I can vouch for myself and how I feel about it.

Now if anyone still doesn't get it let me give you an example how it is with me and games. Let's say you went to burger joint when you where 6 years old. You tasted what you considered best damn burger of all time during that time. Now you imagine. you ate that same burger for the last 18 years during all free time you ever had.

Does it still taste the same as it once did when I was 6 years old and sky was the limit? Can I still feel a bit nostalgic after taking a byte from time to time? Answer is no I can't. That burger taste like almost nothing and it has been watered down. No hard feelings it's just the way it goes.

If you're like me when you're 25, Blade, I'M going to kill you... You can do so much better.

I looked just like over an hour ago and this guy was still here (blue_dragon), now he's gone for no reason I can see. That stuff always makes me curious.

I assume alt when it goes down this quick.

He reminded me of BaBomb/GameRage. But this guy was crazy manic like Jackiz Kirey or whatever his name is.

He was a pretty good speller though.

I looked just like over an hour ago and this guy was still here (blue_dragon), now he's gone for no reason I can see. That stuff always makes me curious.

Because you can't see everything we do BTS'. One by one, we're conspiring to get rid of every...last....one...of....you....;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back