[OFFICIAL] SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR Campaign HQ for Edge

Discussion in 'WZ Tournament Campaign Headquarters' started by Baller, Apr 11, 2010.

1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

Who are you and what have you done with Will? There's no mindless rambling bullshit in that post. You can't be Will.

2. TheOneBigWill

TheOneBigWill [This Space for Rent]

You should really stop whining. Its not very becoming of you, Thomas. :p

3. klunderbunker

Just to clarify though, you're predicting the following.

So you're saying that he's likely to be in any of three groups instead of one, meaning you're saying that 3/4 is more likely than 1/4. Got it.

So he'll happen to have the worst draw after two rounds because we're going to spend that much time setting up a random draw on the possibility that Edge and the tougher competitors are going to advance while making sure to keep them out of other regions AND making sure that the competition that advances in other regions is weaker? And we would do this why again?

You mean, and I'm going by everything you say after the word "meaning", that in a tournament where we're using only the best and what the staff picked, he'll face stiffer competition. So in other words, the better people will advance over the weaker people? What an analyst you would make!

So now you're predicting that a majority of people will vote for one person because they don't want to have a repeat of last year because....why?

4. TheOneBigWill

I admit. I tried to read that.. then stopped. I'm assuming you're proving me wrong on some account. Or all of them. Good on you.

5. Remix

Remix Is a thin rope

I like Edge, but just for the hell of it, I'm going to try and tear your word fort to shreds.
    that he was a 9 time transitional champion who was greatly successful when he had the deck heavily stacked in his favor? sorry, in this tournament Vickie and La Familia wont be able to help, and cheapshotting a weak opponent aint happening. With those off the table, Edge is on the back foot. And with his injured Achilies tendon he's going down quickly.
    wow, how relavent. Tell me Will, how exactly this makes him look any better when he last won sometihng from PWI in 2006?
    let's see if these accomplishments are any better
    And this is relavent because? What he did 9 years ago, during the WCW invasion has no bearing on what he's capable of doing in 2010.
    lets have a look see at these title wins in closer detail.
    1. Money in the Bank cashed in on a tired, injured Undertaker.
    2. Triple threat
    3. TLC match against a ladder match rookie who was injured
    4. against very weak opponents in the Elimination Chamber
    5. Last man standing against John Cena. The only one of which you could say Edge fairly beat a competitor to in the WHC.
    one in five fair and credable wins is hardly a great record.
    irrelevent. This is not a tag tournament.
    again irrelevent. His prime wasn't until years after he was last IC champ.
    and those wins in detail:
    1. MITB on tired Cena.
    2. Triple Threat
    3. Surprise entrant in a triple threat after it started.
    4. No DQ.
    like the WHC, only one win could be considered a fair, one on one fight.
    still not relavent. still not a tag tournament.
    yes, Edge can enter the match by surprise and knock people over the top rope. Very impressive. Edge himself eliminated two people and spent 7 minutes in the ring. astonishing.
    relavence? Also he was only able to beat Angle thanks to outside interference he wont be getting in the tournament. A running theme here is that Edge can rarely win anything without the odds in his favor.

6. Mantaur Rodeo Clown

Mantaur Rodeo Clown X-Pac Rules

Shit, you're right. So what Thesz did in 1952 has absolutely no bearing on his performance in the tourney, because its 2010. He should be out in the first round, being dead and all.

Lol what? Because the guy was a rookie in ladder matches (even though he'd beaten Jeff Hardy in one), that makes in unfair? And also, "weak opponents"? When is that an excuse? Especially with Jericho, Cena and Mysterio in there. Boo on you sir! Boo!

7. Remix

Remix Is a thin rope

Ok, stupidly worded, but you get what I mean. Minning a midcard belt in 2001 against that great wrestler Test is a great reason to vote Edge.

Ok, admitedly 'Taker had been in a ladder match before (where Jeff Harvey bumped around constantly). But Edge had the massive experience advantage over 'Taker in TLC matches, making the playing field unlevel.

ANd as for the EC Edge won fairly, I admit, I missed Cena in the lineup. Meaning that I thought that Edge was in an elimination chamber where he was the only MEer amongst midcarders like Mysterio (former WHC or not, he isn't a main eventer), Kane, Mike Knox and some other guy not in Jericho's league.

8. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

Cena had never been in a ladder match when he faced Edge in a TLC Match in 2006 and beat him. Was the playing field unlevel then?

9. klunderbunker

So climbing a ladder really fast while everyone else is down is what makes you a good wrestler? No. It makes you good at gimmick matches. Hogan and Flair have won a combined zero ladder matches. Does that make them bad wrestlers?

10. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

Makes them limited.

11. Little Jerry Lawler

That's why people voted Benoit over Sting in a Ladder Match.

12. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

Sting paints his garden shed each summer, so I hear, bet his kids don't try to know him off it at the same time though.

13. Little Jerry Lawler

I bet he paints it with his baseball bat.

14. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

Of course. If it's Cena, "overcoming odds" was surely involved.

Also, Remix is arguing against the Undertaker TLC incorrectly.

15. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

Just no.

16. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

The Word Fort shall not prevail this year.

17. TheOneBigWill

Barrett, I'm not gonna go word-fort for word-fort with you. Mainly because in this thread, it doesn't count. Instead, I'll simply explain why I listed his accomplishments and why they matter.

You brought up something about how winning a mid-card title almost a decade ago should have no barring on who he is in 2010. Well, when voting a lot of different people take into effect what a Wrestler has done in their ENTIRE CAREER, which is why what he did almost a decade ago means something, just as much as what he's done yesterday.

If we went by how you claimed, then I suppose everything Hulk Hogan did in the 80's and early 90's mean nothing, because afterall.. he's still going today, right? And clearly that means he should lose, since he can barely walk up steps and get into a ring, right? I mean, let's just throw everything Hogan's ever accomplished out the window, because the 80's was a long f'n time ago, right??

I admire you trying, I do. And for what its worth, Edge winning a random midcard title (years ago) will have little to no barring on him winning or losing in this tournament. Simply put.. its just an accomplishment to list, as everyone else has done, and is doing.

I hope this explains things for you. Good luck with whomever you're backing.

18. TheOneBigWill

With luck, neither will 2-year "pro's".

19. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

Someone should close this thread now.

20. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

21. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

Like, erm, Wade Barrett?