Spawn's Interesting Fact of The Day 8-30-08

Yeah but with Foley he's had some good regular matches with far less, although still some, hardcore stuff in them. And he has the promo skills that 99% of hardcore guys don't have.

He gets that same "strained" voice going in every promo. I mean I know you work with what brought you to the dance, but shit he's better at announcing than Promos.

Yet somehow he's one of the few that's made a mainstream career out of it. As someone on I believe Rise and Fall of ECW said, why should anyone care for that toothless freak?

Exactly. But he works his strengths so he would not be a toothless freak. Shit, the whole "Mrs. Foley's baby boy" thing had to have extended his fame another 15 minutes past it's prime.

The thing to me is, yes Foley is a hardcore legend, but he has the basic wrestling and ability on a mic that 99% of spot monkeys lack. It takes talent to be able to play 4 totally different characters like he did.

The thing to me is, yes Foley is a hardcore legend, but he has the basic wrestling and ability on a mic that 99% of spot monkeys lack. It takes talent to be able to play 4 totally different characters like he did.

You see that makes no sense. Foley didn't play 4 DIFFERENT characters. He played three mentally disturbed characters and then himself, a pompous overblown author. His wrestling skill was minimal and equal to that of an above average journey man who went from fed to fed to job to up and coming youngsters. Steve Lombardi played 5 distinctly different characters. Does that make him a high rated talent? No. Because he did not have the accidental luck that Foley did.

Oh Foley had a lot of luck, don't get me wrong. He found something taht worked and ran with it. Mankind and Dude were certainly different, with Jack being more like himself, but with a lot more guts. Always sort of me like Foley was playing dressup but with different outfits.

How so? They were all different sides of the same character. Dude Love was Foley if he took the wrong meds. Cactus Jack was Foley off of his meds. And Mankind was Foley is he hurt his hand. Essentially each character walked the same, damned near talked the same, and was the same person wrapped up in one body.

Christopher Walken is basically the same character in everything. And he has an Oscar. Why change things drastically if it works?

Christopher Walken is basically the same character in everything. And he has an Oscar. Why change things drastically if it works?

Christopher Walken won an Oscar twenty years ago. Back when he wasn't the same person. Hell,m he wasn't the same in King of New York. But when he got older, it started to be like watching Gilbert Godfried act. Same thing, different role.

Yet people still pay him to be in their movies. Either way, he's making money. Something's going right for him.

Christopher Walken is a fucking god. And, if that's the case, then Mick Foley is the Christopher Walken of professional wrestling.

If you're basing talent on their ability to keep getting parts, yes. If you're basing it on whether I think Gooding is a good actor, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back