Spawn's Interesting Fact of The Day 8-30-08

That was the only match that I distinctly remember there being a story involved with it. HBK being the old guard who was able to do anything in the ring, facing the new guy that is the same style Shawn was 10 years before, but Shelton trying to go big once too often and havign the master catch him in his own game. Remarkable, and freaking amazing timing to end the match.

The first half of the match isn't great, but I still love the finish. Shame Shelton has done nothing noteworthy since.

But yet the internet fans talk him up like he can carry a company. Oh well.

Oh, BTW I dont know If I hate or love you guys. But you made me pull out "From The Vault."

I still can't believe I was at the Raw that started this amazing feud. Oh Lord. I've often wondered what the feud would have been like if the roles were reversed with HBK as the heel. And Triple H as the face. Always curious how it would have turned out.

I tried ordering them - too hard. It's like every match should be joint first or second. So here's 9 more great matches. I'd say this would make up his top 10, but there are about many more that could fit that too.

Vs Angle - WM 21
Vs Bret Hart - WM 12
Vs Razor Raman - WM 10
Vs Chris Jericho - WM19
Vs Jeff Jarrett - IYH 2 (Possibly one of the most underrated matches I've ever seen)
Vs Vader - Summerslam 1996 (As above)
Vs Triple H - Bad Blood 2004
Vs Benoit Vs Triple H - WM 20
Vs The Undertaker - Bad Blood 1997
While I disagree with some of the others, the two in bold are completely ridiculous.

Those matches are boring and terrible respectively.

I think he gets more criticism then what he should. However it could be the Foley Bias in my saying that. He doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Mick Foley is the only man to have gotten at least one good match out of every wrestler he's ever fueded with. Now, he's been fortunate to work with a lot of the all time greats, that much is true. But he's had great matches with Austin, The Rock, HBK, HHH, Taker, and then even after he retired, going on to legendary hardcore matches with Randy Orton and Edge, and yet you just don't hear people talking about how great a wrestler he was. You always just hear about HIAC and getting his ear torn off. Foley, IMO, solidified The Rock and Triple H as mainstays, at times when they had just broken out of the upper mid-card and were in need of consolidation as main eventers. And then at age 40, he went and did it again, helping the world realize the Main Event-potential of Randy Orton and Edge. The fact that he is lost in the shuffle when people talk about all the people Foley helped "make". That in my opinion is the very epitome of underrated.
The mere fact that a thread about Foley has been hijacked and become (yet another) HBK thread just proves how truly underrated Mick Foley is. He's the Rodney Dangerfield of professional wrestling.

Yes they were by accident, but all of them were able to happen because Foley agreed to put himself in that position.

Yes they were by accident, but all of them were able to happen because Foley agreed to put himself in that position.

Yeah, but that's like saying that if I agreed to go on the roof and install a satellite dish and fell off, that I should be applauded for my my own stupidity. Perhaps then I will have a long legacy and people will chant my name. Dude, accidents happen. Nobody is marking out for Droz cuz he broke his neck, are they? Well other than The Ultimate Warrior.

That's true. Foley and his hardcore stuff is a spectacle to watch. His cell dive was planned though wasn't it?

That's true. Foley and his hardcore stuff is a spectacle to watch. His cell dive was planned though wasn't it?

Yeah, but he didn't stick the landing. I gave it a 8.2.

Look, I'm not saying his spot monkey shenanigans aren't good to watch, but shit he spends the majority of the match grunting and flopping around. It's like hearing two sumo wrestlers having sex and just as hard to watch too.

Yeah but with Foley he's had some good regular matches with far less, although still some, hardcore stuff in them. And he has the promo skills that 99% of hardcore guys don't have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back