Spawn's Interesting Fact of The Day 9-6-08

But what did any of those guys ever do for the company? Jack shit. And what are those guys doing now? Mark Jindrak is wrestling in Mexico. Chuck Palumbo's stalled on RAW, missing and presumed wished all the best in his future endeavors. And is Elix Skipper even with TNA anymore? I have no clue what Prince Iakea is doing, and for the life of me I can't even remember what Al Funk looks like or how he wrestled.

What they do now is a moot point. I'm saying that WCW gave them the initial push that each and every star would need to get over. They gave Jindrak and OHaire exposure and squash matches and planted people in the crowd to give the desired reaction of cheers or booes. It was the push that each of these stars would need to get some kind of reaction. Goldberg ran with it and worked it like a pron. The rest, well they squandered it. I mean they made Prince Iakea CW champ off the bat. That's a HUGE push. Same thing with Angry Alan/Kwiwi. Some of them were even given valets and star worthy entrances. It's 50% company obligation and 50% wrestler. WCW gave some of them 75%, which was instant push and stardom. They weren't able to sustain it. It'd their own faults. Not WCWs.

I'm just saying that WWE has alot of frustration with their new guys, whether acquired or trained, and how the crowd isn't reacting. Wrestling fans are lemmings and often won't cheer, boo, or react for anything new. WCW used to plant people in thew audience to influence and direct this. They created a blueprint that frankly everybody should still be using. That way, the wrestler gets a good send off and can either sink or swim properly. Sometimes, it does help quite a bit with a new debut.

I see this with Killings and how he looks like a fool trying to do the "what's up" thing when nobody here in WWE knows what that is. If WWE planted a few "stagged" fans in the audience, you would see a better return as it's a pretty catchy and marketable little diddy. But alas, they miss the bus on this one.

What they do now is a moot point. I'm saying that WCW gave them the initial push that each and every star would need to get over. They gave Jindrak and OHaire exposure and squash matches and planted people in the crowd to give the desired reaction of cheers or booes. It was the push that each of these stars would need to get some kind of reaction. Goldberg ran with it and worked it like a pron. The rest, well they squandered it. I mean they made Prince Iakea CW champ off the bat. That's a HUGE push. Same thing with Angry Alan/Kwiwi. Some of them were even given valets and star worthy entrances. It's 50% company obligation and 50% wrestler. WCW gave some of them 75%, which was instant push and stardom. They weren't able to sustain it. It'd their own faults. Not WCWs.

I'm just saying that WWE has alot of frustration with their new guys, whether acquired or trained, and how the crowd isn't reacting. Wrestling fans are lemmings and often won't cheer, boo, or react for anything new. WCW used to plant people in thew audience to influence and direct this. They created a blueprint that frankly everybody should still be using. That way, the wrestler gets a good send off and can either sink or swim properly. Sometimes, it does help quite a bit with a new debut.

I see this with Killings and how he looks like a fool trying to do the "what's up" thing when nobody here in WWE knows what that is. If WWE planted a few "stagged" fans in the audience, you would see a better return as it's a pretty catchy and marketable little diddy. But alas, they miss the bus on this one.

No, the reason noone reacted for R-Truth is because they were flabbergasted by what were seeing. Here, this guys is getting these fantastic vignettes, trying to build him up as a great competitor, trying to gain redemption for his past mistakes by succeeding in the WWE. And then he completely contradicts the vignettes and comes out to the ring dancing like an asshole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back