• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So why did they let Daniel Bryan use Benoit's move?

keehlnate

Rise Above Hate
It's been bugging me a long time, but why is Daniel Bryan using Chris Benoit's crossface? Yes you can tell that it is not the crossface it's actually omoplata bla bla bla.. but it still a rip-off from Benoit's finisher. Labell Lock, Yes lock, No lock, and whatever he called it, it is still Crippler crossface.

so whose idea is it?

When I think of Daniel Bryan performing his finisher, the thought of "hey, that's Chris Benoit's finisher!" doesn't cross my mind. Since I'm only an average viewer and this doesn't cross my mind, then a lot of viewers will have the same thought-process (or lack thereof).

Bryan was using the Lebell Lock before Chris Benoit died, just not as a routine finishing maneuver. And Chris Benoit didn't exactly invent the Crossface either, Bryan has every right to use any variation he pleases as does anybody else. I'd have loved to seen Cattle Mutilation in WWE, but Lebell Lock is the next best thing.

Why do you care? Should those moves be banned because Benoit died a monster or because you think he is some untouchable wrestling legend?

Stop watching wrestling if this stuff really bothers you.

They call him "Goatface", no? Maybe he's using his goat horns.

So you're suggesting he stole it from Randy "The Ram" Robinson?

l.jpg

I don't see how he's ripping off Benoit when it's Gene Lebell's move. And I'll have to look it up, but I'm pretty sure Gene invented the Lebell Lock before Benoit ever started using the Crossface.

Come on, Bryan using the Diving Headbutt and the Crippler Crossface is too much of a coincidence right? Those are Benoit's two signature moves.

What you should be asking is why is Chavo stealing Eddie's entire moveset, but no, Benoit has to be brought up every five fucking minutes. Nobody mentions Eddie, because it's less controversial...

What?! Someone DARES to use the diving headbutt AND a crossface in today’s wrestling market?! This is an outrage that must be dealt with, and here’s what you should do.

Locate and track down the exact location of this “Daniel Bryan” person, if that is his real name WHICH I DOUBT. Maybe under the pretense of delivering some of that delicious and tasteless vegan food. When he opens the door, pin him to the floor and for daring to use BENOIT’S MOVES, You must take what he and those most close to him hold most dear.

That’s right. His beard. When a freshly shaven and now completely beardless Bryan realizes what you've done, then AND ONLY THAN can you throw a fist towards the sky (or punch the dirt, dealers choice) and claim ALL POWER TO THE BENOIT.

Or just chill out, as it's no big deal. Either way

I heard Benoit used to enjoy having a nice steak every now and then. Bryan doesn't even eat steak. What kind of bullshit is that?

Bobby Roode's been doing it as well, I guess that makes him off the chain

Why did they let him? Why would they stop him??

They're just moves man.

And the omoplata is different. The leg scissors is reversed. Pressure on the shoulder.

You might as well ask why Cena is allowed use a cross face. Its just a hold.

07_display_image.jpg

Bobby Roode's been doing it as well, I guess that makes him off the chain

Not only that, Roode was using the fujiwara armbar and just switched to the crossface, he became more evil, became a world champ, he cut his hair short, this is all very eerie.

My theory- Roode turned heel when he was possessed by the spirit of Chris Benoit.

That makes as much sense as the theory of Bryan stealing the crippler crossface when he doesn't even use the same move. It's a different fucking move. The arm is locked differently. What is there not to understand about that?

Also... Why did they let Orton use DDP's move? Why did they let Swagger use Shamrock's move?? Why did Big Show steal punching a guy in the face from almost every wrestler in history???

Believing a move belongs to a specific wrestler, and no other wrestler has right to it, is crazy.

Kurt Angle called- He and the OP are drunk together and they want to know why Orton used an olympic slam. How dare he? Angle would never do such a thing. After all he invented all his own moves, like the ankle lock and rolling german suplexes. Shamrock who? Benoit who?? Get the point yet???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back