Should the Crossface be banned?

Of course the crossface shouldn't be banned. Benoit popularized the move, but he doesn't own copyright on the damn thing. He didn't even invent it. He was just a huge superstar so his use of it is remembered more than anyone elses. Add on the fact it's supposedly where he got the inspiration for how he killed his family, and yeah it's Benoits move to most people. But how controversial is this move? It's fucking epic for the WWE.

Shawn Michaels used this move against Jericho recently, and the whole wrestling world stopped and stared. Triple H has used it too, same reaction. It is GREAT for that reason. Before it was just a submission move. But now it's linked to all this controversy that even a hint of this move being used makes wrestling forums all over the net collapse. If a wrestler or a match wants attention, the crossface is definitely the way to do it.

uhhhh no? no one else will ever use it as a finisher but why not let people use it to hurt their oppenent so for obviouse reason no they shouldnt ban it and as for giving benoit mention for it HELL NO can u imagine the heat on them from the media and such others they cant mention his name but they shouldnt ban it alltogether

just saw A crossface last night from CM punk... does that bother anyone? no one seemed to care. i sure didn't. i thought he was just using a move. (by all accounts it didn't really look that good or painful. batista was too close to the ropes...)

No, the crossface should not be outlawed. Everytime it is used, people think Benoit. Some people think this is a bad thing, but the guy simply was one of the greatest of all-time and SHOULD be remembered in that regard.

I would, however, like the crossface to be used as a LETHAL finishing move like Benoit used it for, instead of just some filler submission hold like it is being used for currently. That means have ONE wrestler adopt it as his finishing move or finishing submission move, disallowing it to be used casually by the likes of Trips and HBK. This would be similar to when Angle adopted the Anklelock into his arsenal after Shamrock was long out of the picture.

this is like asking should the figure 4 leg lock be banned now that ric flair is retired, ive never seen anyone put more intensity on it =\ its a wrestling move, if i become a huge wrestler one day and the crossface is my signature move, then, sure its supposed to be with intensity, just like beniot (i have no want to be in wrestling promotions anytime soon haha).....this is all IMO!

:flair:

No They Should Keep Using he Did It On his own Accord. He Wasnt Working At The Time It Happened. And If I Myself Get Into Wrestling I Will use These Featured Moves: Crippler Crosface, Triple verticles/three amigos, nothern lights suplex, triple germans, and his sharpshooter, and if i feel airborn suicide bomb. benoit is my all time favorite wrestler no matter what. the need to let the benoit stuff go. talk about if jericho did beat that dude up in the locker room cause he did but it aint proven yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back