• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So Wait .. What Happpens To The Nexus ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanYouDigIt98

Occasional Pre-Show
While sitting watching a great PPV Main Event last night inloving Cena And Punk i wonder what happens to the Nexus Now ? :shrug:

We know that husky harris is back in FCW and mason ryan and skip sheffiled are out injured and otunga and mcgillcutty are still fit and ready to wrestle BUT there leader the CM Punk is leaving wwe ? so what happens to the nexus ?

Do they just go diffrent ways ? well thats the easiest option .. ever since punk took over the nexus air time and storyline became rather lackluster . as i see it if the part more gain for FCW And Superstars yet less of a tag divison that everyone would like to see come back .

So More talent getting paid for a match a month on superstars and odd little match on raw every couple of months ?

No ... We Have too many already ?

So What Would You Do With The Nexus ? :icon_neutral:

--------------------------------------------------------
Twitter : luke_harg98
--------------------------------------------------------
ALBERTO DEL RIO HAS THE MITB BREIFCASE ...

not really sure. but it should end. everyones tired of the nexus. they should either be called something else or just be a simple tag team like they are now. theres nothing they can do with it anymore

Nexus is done. Mike and Dave are the Tag Champs, they'll likely remain a nameless tag team, maybe even get some new music. Everyone else is irrelivent since they ain't around anymore. Simple as that.

Go watch the PPV again. did you see a Nexus armband on Punk at all? I know I didn't. It's safe to assume they are dead, but for a week or 2 they will probably come out with the bands on still. After that? Gone. Just like the Corre.

I'd love to answer this simply in the phrase 'who honestly gives a shit?' but instead I'll give a brief assessment. The three remaining guys may hang around together for a while, probably until they lose the tag titles whereupon Mason Ryan destroys his two stable mates, splits off from them and they either stick together as a tag team or become superstars regulars and Ryan ascends to heights approximately parallel to his famous silhouette. I'm not keen on either option for the other two, and only slightly more keen on Ryan given his potential.

Either way, the sooner it ends the better because right now it's parading around like that soppy 2006-07, 2009-10 version of DX, a cheap imitation of the original.

is there any chance that this could be the "bigger" picture that was talked about so long ago with the original nexus. Maybe Punk was always the leader to lead an even bigger faction that was about the youth movement of wrestling. The takeover to get rid of the "Rock's" and "Cena's"

Another interesting tidbit is if Daniel Bryan can cash in and win title on smackdown.. he could also say he is leaving and join this faction as well and then they would have both titles. I kinda wish this would have also happened last night....

This faction would own both championship titles and the tag team titles... coincidence if this happened???

Any thoughts?

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Barrett reclaim Nexus and bring back Husky and have them help on Smackdown. Doubtful as it looks like Ryder could end up with Nexus.

Vince has already shown his lack of faith in the "tag champs" enough that they have yet to be without a "Leader". I mean.. Even Slater is a singles competitor now, yet these guys were stuck with the Nexus label.. So WHY in the hell would he put another guy he's not a fan of, Ryder, with them?
I like Ryder, and watch his show every week, but I would rather him not be on TV
then to be put together with those 2 guys.

I believe the correct answer is who gives a shit. Out of the everyone who could still be considered members of Nexus, one's injured and the other two are terrible. McGillicutty and Otunga need to drop the Tag titles to the Usos and then fuck off to FCW. Especially that tallentless prick Otunga.

I think it would be awesome if this was the "bigger" picture that was being talked about way back when. It wouldn't shock me because the WWE does pencil in bookings a year in advance, according to Vince's way of running things.

Don't know how they can swing it but that makes it more fun for me because to be honest, I like being surprised, much like I was with what happened last night.

My bet is they get destroyed tonight as punishment for Punk. Maybe they move to Smackdown or return to Florida maybe even fired in general.

The Iced Z will probably take them over as previously reported by the news outlets. Doesnt matter to me though because they are boring and I would prefer Ryder on his own.

I will also go with the "Who gives a shit" response to this, Nexus has not mattered since Summerslam last year, and putting Punk in charge did nothing for them. I the end, its just a bunch of green, uncharismatic guys who never got over with the audience.

Yeah there was the rumors about Ryder and The new Nexus becoming their own group but I say its better just to end it. I mean sure when they first arrived that was interesting now its just getting stale. They should just the belt to a real tag team (if any) and split up which sucks because they had some potential

wwe always fucks up the tag team division and factions, i wish legacy would have stayed around longer, typical wwe wasting good talent instead they pull this anonymous gm bullshit and have lawler vs cole storylines like anyone gives a shit that they wrestle

i was also questioninig myself this yesterday, what happened with Nexus? I mean Punk was ina title match and his lackeys never show up, so I asume Nexus is dead for good because those two guys who are still employed cant wrestle or speak on the mic, Mason who is pobably the only one with the looks (Batista one xD) is sidelined so RIP Nexus.

Simple, have them Invade The WWE and try to take it over in the name of Punk. With Mason Ryan being Punk's Right Hand Man who best to go after the WWE Championship, Husky Harris can come back and feud with Sheffield as the two men being left out of the Nexus to see who should fill the mid-card spot, and Otunga and McGillicutty are already a tag team. This time I wouldn't even mind them branching out and having 2 seperate factions of the group on Smackdown and RAW, Just hope it doesn't end up like WolfPac and Hollywood.

I was just wondering myself like . dont give that much care to them no more after Wade left i think punk taking over was "wrong" and letting Ryder take over would be awful . i think its ethier fcw or future endovers .

It's absolutely amazing to me that people are STILL waiting for some big reveal of the 'bigger picture' or 'higher purpose'.

As for the question, I say what Nexus? It barely even exists at this point, especially if Mason Ryan is out of action. I'd bet money that next time Otunga & McGillicuty appear on screen they'll have new music, and that will be that. You might not even hear the Nexus mentioned again.

otunga and husky should be booted. michael should be sent to FCW to train some more, skip should be in FCW for a month or so to get back into working order cause he has been gone for awhile, maybe even hit the gym before returning. mason ryan should be sent to FCW to touch up a bit as well. after that i could see skip, mason, and michael doing great in their future endeavures.

The Nexus should have ended once Barrett, Gabriel and Slater moved to SmackDown and became a different faction. They've done nothing except flop for a while now, and I don't get why the plug wasn't pulled sooner. Really, all they were was the Straight Edge Society 2.0, mindlessly following Punk. I'm hoping they send McGillicutty back down to FCW and re-package him as the son of Mr. Perfect. As for Otunga, he's never been of interest to me and, judging from what I've seen people say on this forum, anyone else. Either TRY and build him as a jobber or undercarder, or just out right release him, doesn't he have his wife's career to fall back on, anyway?

I'd like to see Punk return and lead a stable with Colt Cabana and the Kings of Wrestling. What does that mean for Nexus? I think they should be disbanded. At the most just turned into the tag team of Otunga and McGillicutty. The invasion angle is a good idea, but it would be more believable if Punk came in with the indy guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back