• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So I guess Vince has really lost it

A lot of posters in this thread are speaking as if they have vested business interest in this move. Do you own WWE stock?

Great time to be a fan. I'm a wrestling fan and if anything this move has renewed my lapsed interest in UFC. This just reeks of smart move to me on every level for everyone involved.

The thought that runs through my mind the most is what this match means for Lesnar's already considerable strength within WWE. A lot of people already consider Brock to be OP (over powered). A win at UFC 200 could push Brock further into God level. What does a loss mean?

A loss is nothing. If anything it puts a chip on Lesnar's shoulder. I see no reason why an octagon loss = weak Brock Lesnar. Is he suddenly no longer the guy that beat the Undertaker?

Speaking of that, there's a pin that Lesnar still carries with him. The next person to pin Lesnar pins the guy that not only beat The Undertaker, but also they will beat the guy that competed in UFC while still under a WWE contract.

This is just excellent, and I hope that they seize this opportunity to book outside the box and deliver an interesting SummerSlam main event to compliment this. This is a great time to be a fan.

Even if something happens to Brock Lesnar during the fight that renders him unable to compete at SummerSlam then, for me as a fan, it's not that big of a deal. Lesnar generates buzz, no question, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that's sort of bored with Lesnar as this unstoppable destroyer who just mauls his way through the WWE roster. I mean....I'm just bored with seeing the guy deliver 6, 8 or 10 German Suplexes during his matches while the smarks gleefully count on for the primary reason of hearing themselves chant something.

Losing Lesnar wouldn't be that detrimental for SummerSlam if WWE focuses on giving us a strong, overall card and they've most definitely got the talent to do it. If given a choice between watching Lesnar and wrestlers like Owens, Zayn, Cesaro, Cena, Ambrose, Wyatt, Styles, New Day, Anderson & Gallows, Sasha Banks, Enzo & Big Cass, etc. I'd rather take them than Lesnar because I'm kinda bored with the guy as the formula for booking him is pretty stale to me. I understand why WWE keeps at it as it's a formula that's working but, as a fan, I'm over it.

But at the end of the day, it'S all about money and about wwe subscriptions and let's face it, Brock track record is there. The guys draws everytime he'S on a card.

The thing is that you could put the greatest card in the world for summerslam with all the guys you mentions and you won't get near as much fans that are willing to go and subcribe to the network or in some country that don'T have the network, buy the ppv because outside of Cena and to a degree Style, nobody is a draw to casual fans because nobody knows them. Again, it'S been proven recently that pretty much all theses guys you mention with the exception of Cena and styles, don'T draw money for the company and in the end, it'S all about money.

Like you, i'm not a fan of lesnar, to tell you the truth, i'm getting tired of his act already but he's the biggest attraction they got and he's gets the casual fans watching and buying ticket and buying merchandise so it would be a huge lose for WWE if he'S not cleared to wrestles because let's face it, if you take the lesnar vs ambrose match, the taker vs shane match and the hhh vs reigns match from the wrestlemania card, all you had left was a boring card with a bunch of nobodies because these three matches we're the matches that casual fans wanted to see and the rest was just window dressing and it'S going to be the same thing for summerslam.

It just gets more and more interesting. This just came across the wires.

http://fightnetwork.com/news/656034...to-be-cleared-by-nysac-before-wwe-summerslam/

If you don't want to click the link, it basically states that under New York State Athletic Commission rules, no one is allowed to participate in a professional wresting match, unless first being cleared by a New York physician.

Has anyone ever heard of this rule before? You would think if he's competed in the UFC he would be medically fit, unless they are worried that any injury he receives there would make him unfit to wrestle at Summerslam. If that happens, Vince will lose his mind and probably a number of other things a well.

Imagine Wwe shows UFC 200 on WWE NETWORK. They will get so many buys. Highly unlikely but very possible. Vince is not stupid. He has Shane with him who has done business all over China. I think this will be interesting to how it plays out.

Imagine Wwe shows UFC 200 on WWE NETWORK. They will get so many buys. Highly unlikely but very possible. Vince is not stupid. He has Shane with him who has done business all over China. I think this will be interesting to how it plays out.

This is completely impossible. UFC makes most of their profits off of PPV buys, putting a UFC event on a Network that UFC doesn't even own would be like financial suicide, especially for an event like UFC 200. Dana White would die before something like that happened, and the fighters would fucking riot.

Who would pay 60 bucks or whatever the hell PPV is now, when they can get a free month on the Network and then cancel the next night?

http://fightnetwork.com/news/656034...to-be-cleared-by-nysac-before-wwe-summerslam/

If you don't want to click the link, it basically states that under New York State Athletic Commission rules, no one is allowed to participate in a professional wresting match, unless first being cleared by a New York physician.

Has anyone ever heard of this rule before? You would think if he's competed in the UFC he would be medically fit, unless they are worried that any injury he receives there would make him unfit to wrestle at Summerslam. If that happens, Vince will lose his mind and probably a number of other things a well.

I wouldn't be surprise that new york state athletic commission said that just in case lesnar gets injured and he gets a medical suspension. They want to treat him like a fighter and not a pro wrestler.

I really hope somehow, Dana White convinces Brock to break his WWE deal and go back to UFC. Lesnar is a cancer in WWE and they'd be better off without him. Or if Lesnar gets hurt and can't wrestle anymore. I'm happy either way.

I really hope somehow, Dana White convinces Brock to break his WWE deal and go back to UFC. Lesnar is a cancer in WWE and they'd be better off without him. Or if Lesnar gets hurt and can't wrestle anymore. I'm happy either way.

The most laughable thing I've ever read. Why would Lesnar go back to UFC full time when he is obviously past his prime? And why would he give up fake fighting and making a ton of money doing it on a part time schedule to fight for real and likely make less money doing it? I wouldn't go through all that UFC training for fights either when I can make more money fake fighting a couple times a year.

The most laughable thing I've ever read. Why would Lesnar go back to UFC full time when he is obviously past his prime? And why would he give up fake fighting and making a ton of money doing it on a part time schedule to fight for real and likely make less money doing it? I wouldn't go through all that UFC training for fights either when I can make more money fake fighting a couple times a year.

He hates Lesnar because he beat the Undertaker twice and won their "feud."

This is 100% true and was one of the hurdles UFC had to jump through to get the approval/deal worked out to hold future MMA events in the state.

The statewide ban on all MMA just recently ended.

I also wanted to say that this is my last thread on these forums and just wanted to say all of you guys are super cool. Mods included. If any of you are familiar with me I'm pretty much just a troll lol.

Alright, onto the topic at hand.

WWE gets a ton of publicity out of this. I'm assuming UFC is going to give something eventually in return.

Lesnar has said he doesn't care about the UFC title, only money. Brock isn't doing anything right now. Only thing that matters is if Brock gets injured. Beyond that, who cares. I assume WWE gets a tiny slice from the PPV as well.

He hates Lesnar because he beat the Undertaker twice and won their "feud."

No, because he DESTROYED the Undertaker every single time they fought, and WWE flushed Undertaker's entire career down the toilet to stroke the ego of a man who despises wrestling and uses it to inflate his bank account. Any true wrestling fan would hate Brock Lesnar for it. Which is why nobody on this site does.

People may not wanna hear this.

But Brock is the most overrated piece of shit wrestler in the business.
This man has had shit constantly handed to him on a silver platter bc of his physique and freakish strenght (Probably Steroids).
He spits in the face of the wrestling business. Doesnt give a shit about wrestling or its fans.
Only takes. And doesnt give back to the sport that makes him famous.
He is the most laziness and ungrateful superstar in the business today.
He has vince by the balls. bc vince loves him to death bc of his physique.

I never liked lesnar. He is dangerous in the ring and to himself.
He isnt a great wrestler by any means. Everytime he is in the ring, he looks like he is either gonna kill himself or the wrestler.
He is a great amateur wrestler. Professional wrestler. hell no.

He failed in ufc.
wasnt a great fighter in the ufc to begin with.
He beat an aging randy c.
And other aging fighters. the heavyweight division was at its weakest at the time.
of course brock was gonna streamroll them.
Glad Cain and Overeem shut him down.

Brock can make all the excuses in the world about his disease.
But he stated he was a 100%.

He failed the football.

Honestly I hope brock loses.
I hope someday he gets release from wwe.

Brock has no mics skill. OR wrestling ability.
No charisma. HE isnt larger than life.
He isnt a big draw. Despite what people say.
If he is a draw. Why is wwe still shit.
all brock is looks.

Brock is nothing but a disgrace to the whole wrestling business.

:lol:

I may be in the minority but I agree with you.

This man has had shit constantly handed to him on a silver platter bc of his physique and freakish strenght (Probably Steroids).
He spits in the face of the wrestling business. Doesnt give a shit about wrestling or its fans.

He isnt a great wrestler by any means. Everytime he is in the ring, he looks like he is either gonna kill himself or the wrestler.

He failed in ufc.
And other aging fighters. the heavyweight division was at its weakest at the time.

He failed the football.

No, because he DESTROYED the Undertaker every single time they fought, and WWE flushed Undertaker's entire career down the toilet to stroke the ego of a man who despises wrestling and uses it to inflate his bank account. Any true wrestling fan would hate Brock Lesnar for it. Which is why nobody on this site does.

haha you're so funny man... yes, let's hate him for doing his job... hate the man for doing what Vince and WWE told him to do... makes perfect sense...

your extreme love and hard on for the Undertaker is frightening

He failed in ufc.

He failed the football.

Brock has no mics skill. OR wrestling ability.
No charisma. HE isnt larger than life.
He isnt a big draw. Despite what people say.
If he is a draw. Why is wwe still shit.
all brock is looks.

first off, please go back to school and take some writing/grammar lessons this rambling nonsense was extremely hard to read...

second, the man is an extremely accomplished fighter... denying that is silly... is he the best "pro wrestler" no... but he's fun to watch...

third, he is a MASSIVE draw and denying that shows you're 100% clueless... WWE is still "shit" as you say because Brock barely appears...

if he didn't draw, Vince wouldn't have signed him to a massive deal allowing him to basically call all his shots about when he wrestles.

Allowing Brock to fight in the UFC? Really? What good does this do for the WWE? What if Brock loses? Some people are saying this is a trade of some sorts so expect to see Rhonda Rousey at Wrestlemania. Rhonda Rousey? :lmao: Rhonda Rousey is a woman and women will never draw a dime. This a huge screw up by Vince. I honestly see the WWE going out of business in five to ten years.

This is why I lose faith in the human race who are this close minded and don't think Women can do what Men do. Ronda Rousey is a draw but I guess she's a Woman and can't handle herself.

Brock going back for one fight is great promotion for WWE. That's one reason he's allowing it and will probably get something in return in the near future.

Next time you post something use the brain that god gave you. Although I doubt you will.

first off, please go back to school and take some writing/grammar lessons this rambling nonsense was extremely hard to read...

second, the man is an extremely accomplished fighter... denying that is silly... is he the best "pro wrestler" no... but he's fun to watch...

third, he is a MASSIVE draw and denying that shows you're 100% clueless... WWE is still "shit" as you say because Brock barely appears...

if he didn't draw, Vince wouldn't have signed him to a massive deal allowing him to basically call all his shots about when he wrestles.

:wtf::banghead::lol: Another brock/ wwe fanboy. You need to learn how to read. First of all, this isn't school. So shut the fuck up boy.

Brock is not an accomplished fighter. He is like one of the worst heavyweights in the UFC. He beat old men heavyweights

Brock is not a massive draw. As I stated if he was, then the ratings and numbers will be up. Which it isn't. Brock is not a draw. He is more famously known in the current era. But not a massive draw.

Vince lets brock do what he wants. Bc vince is in love with brock ever since he came in 2002.

Btw kid. Stop drinking that wwe kool kid. Stop being a kiss ass.

Brock sucks dude. :lmao:

First off I am pretty sure Undertaker & Brock Lesnar are friends and have been for quite some time. Second if Taker had no problem losing the Streak then nobody else should either and we should respect his choice (this coming from an Undertaker Fan). Lastly get over yourself.

First off I am pretty sure Undertaker & Brock Lesnar are friends and have been for quite some time. Second if Taker had no problem losing the Streak then nobody else should either and we should respect his choice (this coming from an Undertaker Fan). Lastly get over yourself.

Brock was the wrong person to end the streak. The streak shouldnt of ended.

It was vinces decision. Not Takers.

I dont think taker and brock are friends.:lmao:

Funny ive seen a few instances of them hanging out together at UFC Shows. I would call that being friends.

:wtf::banghead::lol: Another brock/ wwe fanboy. You need to learn how to read. First of all, this isn't school. So shut the fuck up boy.

Brock is not an accomplished fighter. He is like one of the worst heavyweights in the UFC. He beat old men heavyweights

Brock is not a massive draw. As I stated if he was, then the ratings and numbers will be up. Which it isn't. Brock is not a draw. He is more famously known in the current era. But not a massive draw.

Vince lets brock do what he wants. Bc vince is in love with brock ever since he came in 2002.

Man puberty must be really tough so I'll cut you some slack.

I am not a Brock or WWE fanboy, as a matter of fact I don't particularly like WWE much at all. Brock I respect, but could care less what he does or doesn't do.

As for him being a draw, go look at the rating on RAW's he appears at, specifically the hour breakdown of when he is on. You can have your own opinions, not your own facts.

On a side note, only immature boys resort to the type of language you use in a debate. Grow up.

Oh, and ignorance is not a virtue in life. Get a brain. Without one, your future is going to be really miserable.

first of all, I just going to mention right of the bat that I can't stand brock lesnar. He's boring in the ring and he's pretty much do the same thing in the ring.

having said that, you can't denied the fact that he is a huge draw for wwe and ufc.

In ufc, everytime he was on a ppv card, they realise the biggest buyrate fo that particular ppv. In wwe, when they use to do ppv, it was the same thing, the buyrate would go up if brock was on the card. He network subscription always goes up when he's on a card. Last year, when he was doing live event, the ticket sales when up when he was on a card. He sales more merchandise then 95% of he current roster right now. The guy is huge attraction that you like it or not and if he gets injured, it would be a huge blow for wwe because he's the reason why casual fans watch wwe and discover the other guys like owens, zayn and cesaro. So wwe need him more then lesnar need them.

I'm going to leave you with this and this is for all you smarks out there. If you think that wresters are doing this for the love of wrestling, you're dreaming, every wrestlers is doing it fo the money even those in the indy scene. They try to elevated they're game to be able to make more money and get sign by either wwe or new japan. They won't admit it but that eery wrestlers motivation to get into pro wrestling.

Lesnar going to UFC and having a fight is best for business as it will generate main stream interest in BL and WWE SummerSlam. Genius move by VKM!

Lesnar going to UFC and having a fight is best for business as it will generate main stream interest in BL and WWE SummerSlam. Genius move by VKM!

Right! Brock has to main event Summerslam for sure to take advantage of the buzz he would have after returning to UFC.

I just wouldn't be surprised if they have Reigns beat him in the near future after his UFC fight to make Reigns look even more stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back