SmackDown LIVE(!), July 19th 2016 - All Shook Up

He is eligible as per the rules they laid out. As is Lesnar supposedly.

I wonder if there's an undrafted free agent system. I don't think they've specified.

Lesnar just being later makes sense because the kayfabe situation isn't as uncomfortable (well, ignoring the UFC side of things), i.e., don't spend a high pick on a guy who's only going to be around a few weeks a year. But drafting Roman low because of the suspension makes him look even worse. Leaving him as a FA until after Battleground is better for his stock.

Alternatively, maybe Vince really is mad enough at Roman to bury him a little bit like that.

Who would pick Charlotte before Cena or Lesnar? Steph looks stupid.

Because Charlotte has a title and you gain control over the division by taking her. Seems pretty clear and it's the exact same reason why the IC and US Champions should have been top picks.

Who would pick Charlotte before Cena or Lesnar? Steph looks stupid.

The announcers have been playing up the idea that drafting Cena or Lesnar is better for name value more so than long-term value since Cena's winding down his career and Brock is part-time. Charlotte is the present and future as is Balor so there is some sense in investing in that.

Because Charlotte has a title and you gain control over the division by taking her. Seems pretty clear and it's the exact same reason why the IC and US Champions should have been top picks.

I'm still taking Cena. The women don't draw the money or the eyes. Just sayin.

I thought someone like Lesnar wasn't eligible because of the amount of times he wrestles, which isn't many. He's more of a special attraction that will show up on whatever show he has a match with.

In the case of Cena and Orton, they are both cutting back, so yea I can see them not going first either. You want guys that are the future of the company. Reigns might be punished you never know.

Well I must say Rusev's and Miz's valet's are a lot better looking than Young and Ryders.

Having him drafted seems stupid to me. Guy deserves a bigger splash into the pool. Something that special.

Or he could have had a match and won in dominant fashion, then have Shane and Steph could have argued over his draft rights. Makes him seem like a huge deal.

I love the little bit of suspense WWE is giving us with AJ right away to SD and Finn to RAW. Where does and who gets "The Club"?

Having him drafted seems stupid to me. Guy deserves a bigger splash into the pool. Something that special.

You do realise he was the first pick for Raw that wasn't a current champion right? I mean, the guys he's been picked ahead of includes almost every established main event talent in the company.

I'm still taking Cena. The women don't draw the money or the eyes. Just sayin.

I don't disagree that right now Cena is a bigger draw, but the women can be, the inevitable four horsewomen fourway match is going to be a barn burner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back