• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smackdown is still good

ForzaItalia

Layeth The Smackdown!
With all this moaning and complaining that Smackdown lost its top stars that attract many viewers I say they are right but wrong at the same time. Smackdown is not about star power and popularity, but it is meant to build future stars into main eventers. I mean look at Cena, Jeff Hardy, Batista, JBL. Smackdown is now being used to build guys like Christian, Big Show, Kofi, and even Matt Hardy may get a little life back when he recovers. Not to mention we also have all of these new NXT guys going to come in after that show ends. SD will probably be handed Gabriel, Otunga, and a few others. SD is not going to be a total fail, instead it will have more wrestling rather than movie scenes(Raw). Don't forget the Hart Dynasty are the unified tag champs, so we will see them a little on Smackdown too and do not forget the Undertaker and Kane. I guarantee you Smackdown will not be a bad show just because they have no star power they will build their new talent up and make these guys a legacy to the blue brand. By September SD will have the star power it needs for SYFY.

Without q doubt Smackdown has lost a majority of its star power but it doesn't mean we will see less wrestling. New people will be pushed and we will still see the same amount of wrestling as well as talent. However one thing Smackdown did lose is its connection to the audience. No one can argue that most people tune in for the main eventers and with them all gone now that connection they had with the audience is gone as well. New talent will be pushed and a new connection to the superstars will be made but that's not going to happen for while. I don't think the product will be worse but I do think I will have less emotion invested in it and that does play a big role in the whole experience of watching pro wrestling.

Smackdown has lost a lot of big names but Smackdown is great at pushing midcard wrestlers into the main event. Smackdown could end up pushing MVP, Christain and loads more guys into their main events and the audience won't wonder why it's happening. Smackdown has always been able to push their talent into the main event and because of this i think they won't suffer without big names.
Just my opinion

we will see wrestling, but losing its attraction in jericho/edge/JoMo&R-truth
they realy have nothing to keep ppl glued to the show
christian isnt going to get much if nothing at all, hes as old as edge, and fliers like him have short carriers(usually)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back