Crossing Over

Blade

"Original Blade"
Looking at Raw, there's so many top level main eventers. Guys like Triple H, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Big Show, Batista and of course Randy Orton.
They're all huge stars, or at least big stars. Multi-time champions and Wrestlemania headliners. Their matches on Raw are usually quite short and the longer matches are saved for PPVs. People may be getting sick of those guys, but they're still the most popular wrestlers in the industry.
And then look at Smackdown. Smackdown as become the place for building up new talent. We've seen CM Punk, John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler coming into their own and showing how good they can be when they've been given a chance. They're having 10 minute + matches on Smackdown, becoming better wrestlers as a result and getting more over. And as they become better and more over, they will most likely be moved to the flagship show, Raw.

But what I want to know is this: when the big Smackdown stars are moved over to Raw, will they have the same top spots they have on SD?
No doubt the guys I've mentioned seem to be the future. But will they manage to stay in the main event when they're around such huge stars? Even in a few years when HBK, Triple H and Batista have retired, there's still gonna be Randy Orton and John Cena in the Raw title picture plus Ted Dibiase who will obviously become a main eventer in a couple of years.
CM Punk is undoubtedly the biggest heel on SD and Morrison is possibly the second biggest face behind Jeff Hardy. But it's clear that they wouldn't stand a chance on Raw right now, they wouldn't get title shots with the current Raw main eventers still around.

Will the main event stars of SD be able to maintain their main event status when they eventually move over to Raw? Will guys like Punk and Morrison (and whoever else is made into a main event SD star in the next year or so) still be getting title shots when they're moved over to the show dominated by Cena, Orton and Triple H, no matter how big they are on SD?

I think Raw is starting its "Flagship show" status seeing how SD has been main eventing PPV's.

On topic Punk,Morrison,Ziggler,etc on SD are no bigger then MVP,Kofi,Swagger,Boorne on RAW. That being said if all those guys were on RAW than the main eventers will take a back seat and someone esle will be champion.{If Evan was champ cuiserweights will step up and reform their championship, make it happen shane!}

CM Punk, Jeff Hardy and John Morrison would greatly benefit from working good programs with the likes of the Undertaker, Chris Jericho or Edge. Dolph Ziggler is still a little rough around the edges, but he looks very good. To be in the main event scene, you gotta go up against the main eventers.

A good feud with someone in the main event scene, particularly against someone like the Undertaker I think, would just be solid gold for the younger guys. Taker is still immensely over with the crowd, can still work a good match and is probably the most overall respected guy on the WWE roster.

IMO Punk, Morrison, and Ziggler all have more than enough talent to go to Raw and succeed.

Just One Problem!!...

HHH!!!!! As much as it sucks, HHH will NOT be retiring anytime soon. Why would he retire when he has Vince in his back pocket and is able to do virtually whatever he wants. It doesn't matter how much Punk, Morrison, etc are over with the crowd. If they come over to Raw they will just get dominated by the two headed monster that is HHH and Cena. Atleast Cena is willing to make others look good, something that HHH will only do for someone if they are a close friend of his. The last person that I can remember The Game putting over was Batista and that was what, 4 years ago?? Other than that HHH can't even lose a match cleanly. Take the WM25 match with Orton. Orton was pushed to the moon, and instead of HHH losing to him in a one on one match at Mania like he should have, he had to wait until Backlash where he lost the title in a 3 on 3 tag match. What I'm getting to is that as long as "The Lame" is around then no one new will be implemented into the title picture. If they are, they will just get buried by HHH's ego. It's truly disgusting....

IMO Punk, Morrison, and Ziggler all have more than enough talent to go to Raw and succeed.

Just One Problem!!...

HHH!!!!! As much as it sucks, HHH will NOT be retiring anytime soon. Why would he retire when he has Vince in his back pocket and is able to do virtually whatever he wants. It doesn't matter how much Punk, Morrison, etc are over with the crowd. If they come over to Raw they will just get dominated by the two headed monster that is HHH and Cena. Atleast Cena is willing to make others look good, something that HHH will only do for someone if they are a close friend of his. The last person that I can remember The Game putting over was Batista and that was what, 4 years ago?? Other than that HHH can't even lose a match cleanly. Take the WM25 match with Orton. Orton was pushed to the moon, and instead of HHH losing to him in a one on one match at Mania like he should have, he had to wait until Backlash where he lost the title in a 3 on 3 tag match. What I'm getting to is that as long as "The Lame" is around then no one new will be implemented into the title picture. If they are, they will just get buried by HHH's ego. It's truly disgusting....

Here we go. Another person on the pathetic 'Triple H should retire' bandwagon.

Here's the thing. No he shouldn't.

Triple H has been popular ever since he started in DX. Even before that, in his blue blood Hunter Hearst Helmesly days he was respected as a heel.

Triple H constantly gets some of the biggest pops of the night.

Triple H sells a heck of a lot of merchandise.

Triple H can have a good match with pretty much anybody.

I'm sure people will point me to the recent match on raw with MVP where Triple basically went through that match and made MVP look like a chump. MVP was pretty much in control all the way through that match until the end. Triple H hits a pedigree, 1-2-3.

This is not the first time this has happened! It happens week after week.

The fact is that whenever Triple H is out injured, the WWE really misses him. He's a strong anti hero figure, a gimmick that is working well for him right now and it is completely ridiculous that anyone would comment that he's only got his spot in the company because of his wedding ring. He's there because he deserves to be. Triple H is very very good at what he does.

This is a man who has won the Wrestling Observer's Wrestler of the Year back in 2000. He deserved that award.

As far as your 'not putting people over cleanly' rant goes. I seem to remember a very recent one. When was that. Oh right! It was last week on Raw to Rhodes and DiBiase. Handicap match, sure but it was not via a chair shot or anything. He was put away by both their finishers. It did Rhodes a huge favour.

As for not putting Orton over, let me just explain something about Orton's character. He isn't supposed to be better than Triple H. It's classic comic book writing. Superman Vs Lex Luthor is no match in reality but for Lex's genius intellect. Because of that, Lex becomes a foe that is close to unstoppable.
If you look back at all the Orton/ Triple H matches where Triple H has won, you'll notice how Triple H wins simply by outsmarting Orton. He fights him at his own game and wins. Orton generally only wins by cheating... or kicking him in the head which has been portrayed as 'Evil.' This has nothing to do with Triple H wanting to make Orton look bad. It's how Orton's character is.

This is a bad habit picked up by online fans who truly want to be seen as cool. This is a very popular bad habit and one that is blatantly unfounded. I will not deny that Triple H has a slight rub of the green. He has made Vince a proud and happy grandfather. I'm sure he gets his rewards and I'm sure that there will be more to come when the old man passes away. But that's not to say Vince has just completely forsaken his company and let Triple H have carte blanche over who can be at the peak of the mountain with him and who doesn't. If you really want to believe everything you hear about Triple H online you'd also believe that Triple H and Orton actually despise each other... if that was the case, and Triple H gets to choose who is in the Main Event, then why is Orton the WWE Champion?

Triple H is not a problem. Idiots are.

did u not see armageddon 2007???? if triple h hadnt put jeff hardy over BIG TIME, jeff hardy would not be a 3 time world champion today!

That's why I always compare HHH to another HHH - Hollywood Hulk Hogan - who did the same crap in WCW and destroyed it as well. Hopefully TNA can buy up what's left of the WWF when Vince gets finished letting his son-in-law pull a Hogan/Hall/Nash/Russo/Ferrera all-in-one.

Just One Problem!!...

That's why I always compare HHH to another HHH - Hollywood Hulk Hogan - who did the same crap in WCW and destroyed it as well. Hopefully TNA can buy up what's left of the WWF when Vince gets finished letting his son-in-law pull a Hogan/Hall/Nash/Russo/Ferrera all-in-one.

Triple H putting over Jeff Hardy is one of the biggest misconceptions going right now. Yes Hardy won but watch the match Hardy rolled Triple H up it wasn't a decisive win it was a fluke style victory and has been acknowledged as so.

The only man Triple H has recently put over is Batista probably to feed his own ego as Batista lacks charisma mic skills in ring ability I could go on but I won't.

I'm currently on the fence if his feud with Orton has benefited him Orton has gotten a few good rubs but until he goes over Trips in a relatively clean manner he still hasn't helped him very much in my mid.

How the fuck did this turn into a Smark vs. HHH thread? I thought we (smart people) have already resolved this stupid bullshit. Hunter put over Cena after he put over Batista. You ever think maybe HHH doesn't put Orton over because he doesn't deserve it? I feel Orton's time at the top has been ridiculously bad and is on the verge of coming to an end. That being said, on to the original subject. Why does somebody have to be moved to Raw when they get popular? Wouldn't it be smart to leave a few guys on Smackdown once they get big? I mean, Taker has got to be one of the top 5 draws in the company. He's been on Smackdown since the brandsplit if I recall correctly. Not everyone who is popular has to be moved to Raw.

Really?? Granted I did forget about Cena winning at wrestlemania 22, but does anyone honestly think that HHH would have lost that match if Vince hadn't made him?? Cena is Vince's version of the second coming of Hulk Hogan so of course he is going to want him to be pushed, and beating HHH is a way to do that. Yes HHH sells a lot of merch., yes HHH is very popular, and yes he gets huge pops. BUT, if he weren't married to Stephanie he would only be a 5-6 time world champ, instead of a 13 time champion. It sickens me that HBK has more talent in his little finger than HHH does in his whole body and he is only a 4 time champion....4 TIMES???? If anything, Shawn should be in HHH's position and vice versa. But, what do you do....

I don't see why they couldn't kepe there main event status. But it would really have to depend on who would move over on Raw. For example you could not keep Orton/Batista/Cena/HHH/Michaels/Big Show on the same show and expect to haev Dolph Ziggler make it into the main event. It is just impossible for him to do that. Like MVP he was destined to be in the main event on Smackdown before he left to go onto Raw. Now he has had a useless title reign and 2 very stupid feuds. Seriously they have ruined MVP on Raw by keeping to much talent on there. It really just does depend on who moves over from smackdown to raw and raw to smackdown.

I think Raw is starting its "Flagship show" status seeing how SD has been main eventing PPV's.

On topic Punk,Morrison,Ziggler,etc on SD are no bigger then MVP,Kofi,Swagger,Boorne on RAW. That being said if all those guys were on RAW than the main eventers will take a back seat and someone esle will be champion.{If Evan was champ cuiserweights will step up and reform their championship, make it happen shane!}

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back