The Future of Smackdown!

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
With the 2009 WWE Draft in just a few days, the whole face of the WWE will be changed forever. Even though the draft might not be what it was a few years ago, it still is a big annual event. With rumors that Vince McMahon wants to put all the focus back on Raw, where does that leave Smackdown?

Vince McMahon said that he wants to put most of the main eventers on Raw. SD! is filled with a lot of main eventers, including The Undertaker, Jeff Hardy, Triple H, and many others. If WWE is shifting most of the focus back on Raw, how will that effect Smackdown? With MyNetworkTv as mostly a rerun and syndication station, could that be part of the reason?

If the main eventers are all taken off of Smackdown, can that mean that WWE will put more focus on the midcarders on Smackdown? That could be good in some sense, but that can also make SD! seem like a more praised ECW.

So, my question is, what will the draft bring to Smackdown? If the rumors are true, then SD! will be robbed of much needed star power or maybe a rebuilding of the mid card. Who knows? I want to know what you think.

Another question is, what will happen to Raw? If they put (almost) every single main eventer from smackdown on Raw, that leaves almost no room for the midcarders and young guys.

Anyways, Smackdown will possibly be having mostly mid-carders shooting up to be Main Eventers. Vince also hinted about making Smackdown attract more Latino users, so maybe in the draft Rey takes the IC title over there? I don't know, but it's possible. Smackdown could also be a good place for tag teams to get on TV more in things like tag matches, handicap, manager stuff, etc. I suspect, though, that WWE might leave one or two main eventers there. And if my theory is correct, then John Cena and/or HBK might be sent to Smackdown.

Still, we'll have to wait for the draft.

Reactions: gd
Obviously, they can't move ALL of the main eventer to Raw. I think that they will leave the Hardy's on Smackdown, and maybe keep Cena and Edge there too.

Undertaker, HHH, and maybe even Big Show may all move to Raw, but Smackdown could get back Jericho, Mysterio, and possibly Punk in return.

In the end, Smackdown is the show that builds up upper mid carders into superstars (see Jeff Hardy) while Raw is all about the "big names."

Personally, I enjoy Smackdown because you get to see a lot of the up and coming mid card talent and tag teams, so I have no problem if Raw wants to focus on the main event, becasue Smackdown will still be goo, just in a different way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back