• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smackdown=Letdown?

The Taker and Edge thing is the best WWE have done in a longtime, id say that storyline alone is bigger than anything Raw has. For me that is a bigger match than Cena and Batista.

I agree though with the other points, Smackdown needs to start using its talent. It has better wrestlers overall than Raw i believe [Shelton is imo the best] but they need to do something with them. I think they need a Big Show heel turn, and have him face HHH, because HHH v Khali is verrrrry dull. Kennedy and MVP both have main event potential aswell, but for them to get a shot in i think Edge needs to go to Raw after SS.

Its hard to care about Kendrick and Kozlov when they just win, thats it. Jeff is another main eventer, but whilst HHH is champ, it aint goin to happen.

Really if it wasnt for Kanes angle on Raw and the Taker v Edge feud, WWE wouldnt have alot goin for it beside the wasted talent like Shelton etc

One thing I really don't like about Smacdown is the 2-3 different squash matches the show has per episode. Take this following week we had HHH Vs. Kenny(squash), Big Show Vs. ?(squash), also the Kendrick match was pretty much a squash. Smackdown right now with the talent they have(HHH, Hardy, Undertaker, Edge, MVP, Umaga Kennedy) have they chance to become the legit "A" brand but with week writing, It's not going to happen. I still pefer smackdown to Raw and they have some decent feuds(taker/edge is really good & Mvp/hardy aint bad) but they need to start doing more with guys like UMAGA, big show, Kenny, Carlito, Shelton(who seems to just be a belt holder), ect. Smackdown has the goods and just needs more of a storyline than just Edge/Taker which is great but they cant just rely on it. As for HHH he, and the belt are playing second fiddle for the Edge/Undertaker thing so I feel one of them should have the belt, but I guess their feud is so good it doesnt need the belt, instead of HHH/Khali which would seem pointless without the belt.

i guess smackdown did get raped in the draft.at first it looked like raw was gonna become a landfill of shitty wrestlers waiting to be released.but ever since the draft raw has only lost the highlanders.and what has smackdown lost? big daddy v,two of there refs,domino,shanon moore.id say they did pretty bad when compared to ecw who basically lost a lot(colin delaney,stevie richards,nunzio,braden walker)and they need all the help they can get.but im thinking smackdown is dumping all there wrestlers so that they can merge ecw & smackdown when ecw goes down the crapper.

One of the things that's really bugged me about Smackdown is the lack of main events. The last month or so it's just been Edge and Vicky coming out and farting around until the wwe logo comes up. The only thing close to a main event was when Foley and Edge had a scuffle.

Meanwhile Raw is having reasonably good tag team and singles bouts to top off the program. Jericho vs Punk this week alone and the above average tag team matches between Cena, Batista and Priceless.

Smackdown is great, better than it was beore the draft. Granted, I still don't see it as the 'main A' show, but I think it's on parr with Raw now. I never used to watch SD! religiously until the draft, I'd watch it when I had time, but now I watch it as soon as it comes on. The recently storylines in their have been just as good, if not better than some on Raw. They have great matches, and A LOT of potential with many of the stars they have. Give it a year, and people will be praising Smackdown more than they now praise Raw. I think people have just got used to thinking Raw is the best that it's hard for them to comprehend anything else.

I Agree Smackdown Will Destroy Raw Down The Road The Talent And Matches Go Longer. All They Need Is Some Good Feuds. Like Taker/hhh, Benjamin/hardy/mvp, Show/umaga, They Can Get Someyear Long Feuds Going Here If Played Right

Right now Raw is the domaint brand. People may say it sucks or its sinking but in reality it wont be sinking for at least another two years. Like it or not they still have bigger stars and more of them. Kane,Batista,Cena,Mystero,Orton,Y2J,HBK,Punk,JBL ECT. They have bigger stars that have alot of good years left in them. Smackdown is making huge strides with getting Triple H and Jeff Hardy (VIA Draft) but the only way smack down will touch RAW is if they merge together in the near future. Don't forget Raw has some up and comers in Team Priceless and also in Paul Burchill. Smackdown has some up and comers in Shelton and Kennedy.

I believe with Smackdown moving to another network and hopefully a new day. -like back to Thrusday Nights-, Smackdown will become the "A-show".
Smackdown has veteran superstars that can perform well, do the best promos, and put on the best storylines.

During this summer after the draft, Raw was the "A show".....However this Fall, Raw will get "stale" and Smackdown will become the "A show".
Raw will get "stale" because the same superstars keep doing the same ol' shit -they are not reinventing themselves from a performance standpoint and a mic skill level.....unlike the veteran superstars on Smackdown do.

For me I'm going to stop watching Raw because number 1 Shawn michaels most likely wont come back until the Royal rumble.... number 2 I cannot stand JBL, and the current tagteam champions -they just suck and dont deserve my attention. Lastly number 3....I like John Cena but he just getting played out.-he needs to become a heel-

before the draft smackdown was my favourite as it was different and it gave talent wrestlers a propper push in the main event instead of being higher mid card . then with every draft we would get either rejects or midcarders

but now it just doesn't feel the same. with the best fued in smackdown history over (it could still be going im not sure) theirs nothing really left now. they have HHH as wwe champion which means he will be rule with an iron fist (and if any one crosses him their do a quick job and be de-motied to ECW jobber)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back