A question about Smackdown...

gamehead

Championship Contender
Is there a legit reason why it is not shown live and never was while Raw is. That is being bais. I think it hurts ratings because people don't have to watch it to know who won (by internet spoilers) and also why does the WWE treat Smackdown like a second rate show. They should bring superstars in from the draft which hurt them last year(actulaly both Raw and Smackdown got screwed). Christain(left to TNA)and Muhammad Hassan(quit) are not even in the company, Randy Orton left to Raw and Chris Beniot is currently a mid-card(I think he should get a push at the Heavyweight Title). The only good thing so far from the draft is Batista but sadly he is currently injured. Raw got screwed two because only two are still in Raw Cena and Carlito(rest are in ECW).

Smackdown needs a complete makeover because currently Smackdown SUCKS!

To the best of my knowlage UPN doesn't want to air something like Smackdown! Un-taped incase 1) something happens. 2) they go over time slot.

I agree it hurts the overall product though, how much worse would you perform if you knew that if you screwed up you could just re do it?

Well, Benoit is injured, Kennedy came back last week and Batista is coming soon, under a month. The only reason that Smackdown is not aired live because UPN doesn't want it to go over their time slot and if zero said is true, like something happens like the "terrosist" thing that happened a long ago. They just don't trust Smackdown. Smackdown should go to a different station.

The terrorist thing was blown out of porportain. It was just shown out in the wrong time(after the london bombing). Also answer me this why is Smackdown being treated as a second rate show. When I started watching wrestling about 2 years ago I used to think Smackdown was better than Raw. Then after the draft everything went downhill for smackdown.

I think that Smackdown is better than Raw now a days. Because recenltey Smackdown has been better than Raw. Yeah the terrorist angle was planned in the wrong time, they could of edited it out but they hadn't had enough time. UPN doesn't trust Smackdown no more because of that i think.

Dragon said:
Smackdown should go to a different station.

I believe that RAW was on Spike! during the time that the WWE renewed its contract for Smackdown! with UPN, and that after Raw started going down in ratings Spike didnt want to cary Smackdown.

Maybe once the contract is up USA will offer them a friday slot.

There are many possible reasons why Smackdown isn’t live. First, RAW is on cable on Smackdown is on a syndicated network, which means that SD has to deal with more restrictions than what they could show on TV (which isn’t helped by the fact that UPN prides themselves on being a “family” network.) Second, it could just be UPN wasn’t willing to give Smackdown a live timeslot as Spike TV and USA did for RAW. It would be cool if Smackdown moved to a cable network (and thus being able to become live), but they got what they got.

I don't think thats the case, in the begining it was live for a time period on upn, either being live or taped, it doesn't matter to me

It has been live before, so you can't really say that it never has been live. But i don't think it's biased at all. They both get two hours, and this way, when one of the "lesser" superstars on SD fuck up on the mic or in the ring, they can edit it out so it won't make SD look as bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back