• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Since his MitB Return....

Where do you think Miz will be this time next year assuming he keeps improving?

• Be a world champion or be a top contender for it

• Be a top guy in the mid card

• Very rarely seen on any of the WWE's main shows

Results are only viewable after voting.

The_Awesome_One

Occasional Pre-Show
The Miz, in my opinion has improved in every aspect. I don't think i've seen any bad matches with Miz since his return. Even his 3 minute loss to Kane wasn't horrible, bad booking, but the match was watchable. The Miz's loo has improved alot as well. No longer does he have a faux hawke and now he's growing a bit of a beard which is good. He really hasn't had any mic time except at MitB and on one smackdown for a few minutes so I can't really comment on that. WWE must see he has improved since they have given him the IC Title aswell. So here's my questions:

1. Do you think The Miz will ever be looked at as world champion material?
2. Do you see Miz going back into 'jobberdom' or will he give the title a bit of prestige back?
3. When do you see The Miz losing the Intercontinental Title?

I really don't see Miz getting back into the Main Event any time soon. If ever. He will probably be at the top of the Mid Card for the foreseeable future. I've never really liked him at all. I've always thought of him as a reality show reject that somehow made it into the big leagues. I just don't see him as a top guy. I barely see him as a top Mid Card guy. I think he'll make a decent run with the IC title, bum around a bit, make a run with the Tag title, US title.

It's hard to say, really (I'm not trying to be cute there, but see what I did?). The Miz is already an established upper mid-carder who has already won the WWE Championship, but that's just it, he's viewed as an upper mid-carder. He's been slowly built correctly enough to be a credible world champion material, but he himself doesn't have the build. Still, you can't argue what he's accomplished: 3-Time WWE Tag Team Champion, 2-Time World Tag Team Champion, 2-Time United States Champion, Mr. Money-in-the-Bank, WWE Champion and now the current Intercontinental Champion.

2. Do you see Miz going back into 'jobberdom' or will he give the title a bit of prestige back?

Cody Rhodes already brought the Intercontinental Title's prestige back by reintroducing its classic design, so Miz is simply adding its prestige.

I see him losing it when, or should I say if, the WWE decides to push him even further enough to reclaim the WWE Championship. The reports have said that he's in line for a push, but I'm not sure if this push means winning the IC Title or becoming the WWE Champ again.

As for the WWE Superstar who takes the title off him, my guess is Rey Mysterio. There are rumors circling that he's in line for a push as well, so this might be it. However, taking it off Miz now seems too short a reign. They'll probably have Miz successfully retain it against Mysterio twice before ultimately dropping it to the latter.

Do I think Miz will ever be world champion again?
Yes, but not until next year and he still has room for improvement and maybe next year. Only if the WWE sees him as a viable contender to the world title.

Do I see him becoming a jobber again?
No, absolutely not, never saw him as one and never will.
He will do well for the intercontinental champion and as long as he continues to improve, I see no reason why he couldn't become a world champion.

When ever WWE see someone else come through, like a Damian Sandow for example, when they think miz is a worthy contender for the world title.

As hard as I'm sure you support The Miz, sadly judging from your name and avatar your vision is shadowed by your admiration of him, therefore making an opinion is redundant because you'll probably think he's good no matter where they position him and blame WWE for everything that happened to his character in the past.

Sadly, Miz deteriorated as a talent post-WrestleMania 27, his in-ring work was sloppy as could be to begin with, getting a good match out of him wasn't easy and the entire "Awesome" began loosing the miniature amount of pull it had with the audience, he got a run with "Awesome Truth," was even put in the main event of Survivor Series with The Rock, but he was beginning to fade due to getting lost in the shuffle.

However since his return, that small break has done him wonders. His look is somewhat better, it's objective as different viewers prefer different looks, but he doesn't look like a seven-year-old kid anymore. He hasn't had a poor match since his return, you're right, but it's kind of hard to have a bad match against the likes of Christian and Rey Mysterio, two of the best workers in the company. And as for Kane, well hes improved vastly in-ring, hes working better matches now than he has his entire career, so again, lets see how Miz does against an average in-ring talent, with his experience, and position, It'll be his duty to be the carrier and not the carried.

Him getting the IC Championship could have been for a number of reasons. It's not a great achievement for him, neither was it for Christian, they're former World Champions, it was taking a step backward. But The Miz is doing an okay job, we need more time to asses his run. And as for his microphone work, it's not hard to improve on that for him, all he has to do is stop cutting promos in monotone and he'll be fine.

I don't think that the Miz will get into the main event scene anytime soon, at this moment he will probably be a long time IC champion, i'm not sure if i'm right on this one, but before his break i think he was having some heat backstage, and that's probably over by now, but they are probably going to have him start from the begining again, so if he's going back to main event status it's going to take some time.......

Most likely, Yes. Miz was a good heel champion. The 'annoying little guy who thinks that he is better and steals wins' gimmick was perfect for him. As for him going back to the world champion, I think that it will happen in about a year. The past year was quite bad for Miz and he has nowhere to go but up.

I would like to think that with the likes of Cody Rhodes, Big Show and Christian (wrestlers who the fans care for) holding/chasing the title in the past few months, the title has gotten dome of the prestige back. A solid title reign by Miz would do the title and his career no harm.

Hopefully, not soon. With the Miz returning from a break (and looking better than ever), I would hope that he works his way to the top. I think that his reign will last for a few months.

On second thoughts, it would be AWESOME if WWE went the HonkyTonk man route with Miz.

ok, let's answer with my opinions
1) yes, but dont be shocked if it takes a while. the WWE title will likely switch with Cena, CM Punk, The Rock and maybe Wade Barrett while the World Heavyweight title will likely switch with Sheamus, maybe Wade Barrett and of course Dolph Ziggler and even Daniel Bryan should get at least another look with the WWE or World title, but i think eventually he will get a run with likely the world heavyweight championship.
2) there's already prestige thanks to Rhodes bringing back the classic look, but Miz will only help it, dont see him being a jobber.
3) likely he will lose it to either Mysterio or an up and coming face.

If Miz continues to improve, if the WWE gets behind & he's able to get on track then I could see him back in the main event picture by this time next year. With the way things are shaping up and looking at the moment, it's certainly going to be at least post WrestleMania before Miz is even considered for the main event scene.

For the rest of this year, the WWE Championship scene is almost certainly going to be down to Punk & Cena. As of right now, it's a strong possibility that Punk will be going on to face The Rock at the Royal Rumble for the title. Allegedly, there's doubt as to whether The Rock will be able to even appear at WM next year due to scheduling conflicts. His GI Joe movie opens a week before WM, so Rock will be out and about HEAVILY hyping & promoting the flick. It might ultimately be Cena vs. Punk at WM for the title.

As for the World Heavyweight Championship, it's going to be Sheamus, Del Rio and certainly Randy Orton for the forseeable future. The WWE has them all booked in threeway matches at house shows for the next few months at the very least, at least that's how it was the last time I heard anything about it early last week.

I'm hoping that WWE will give Miz a strong, long run as Intercontinental Champion. He's lost to Mysterio & Kane last week and I'm hoping that it's leading to some sort of angle or storyline.

I do agree that his new look has changed him somewhat but he's still average to me in the ring and on the mic. I hope he continues to get better because I do respect how hard he has worked to get where he was. I don't have faith that he'll have the title for very long or make much of an impact if he does because I've seen this act before. Midcard champions lose all the time or champions who rarely defend their titles (I'm looking at you, Rhodes).

I think Miz is in a tough spot when it comes to trying to become world champion again. I'm still a little hesitant to call Punk a heel and you have Big Show out there. Barrett is returning on Smackdown and you still have Del Rio. Maybe Miz is better off on Smackdown if he wants to become world champion. If a lenghty IC title reign is evident, he'll be good staying on Raw.

I've never been overly impressed with Miz, but I think WWE is and has plans for his being one of the future main eventers of the company, along with guys like Dolph Ziggler and Cody, who are (imo) ordinary guys who have been shoved down our throats in a big way.

Yes, Miz can work a match, but so can most everyone on the roster. If management is crazy about his speaking ability, I guess you have to go with that. Honestly, the guy has a baby face and features a rather soft-looking body; neither is indicative of a particularly dangerous person. When he's "having a fit," his facial expressions border on ridiculous and take away from his aura as a warrior.

But the important thing is that management seems to believe in him. Frankly, I was surprised they had Miz job to Kane, who didn't need the win that badly. I understand they wanted to make Kane look strong for the PPV, but it seemed odd they used Miz as the foil.

Still, like Ziggler and Cody, the company seems to realize there's plenty of time to make Miz a main eventer; he got the same period of jobbing they did and it's good to know WWE isn't ready to make good ring workers look unbeatable this early in their careers. At least it gives the impression these guys are earning their stripes instead of having them handed over without merit.

Go, Miz.......I guess.

Like Sally said, the WWE sees something in Miz, and think that he is one of their future top guys. I have always been lukewarm towards the Miz, but I did like his title run. I see him definitely being looked at as world champion material.

I don't see him going back to being a jobber anytime soon. I am hoping he will defend the IC belt regularly and bring some prestige back to it. I am not holding my breath on that one though.

I hope he holds onto the belt for a while. I would like to see a nice long reign with the title, but he could lose it at Summerslam for all we know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back