• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sin Cara debuts

Sin Cara didnt fuck up, the production guy under the ring fucked up.

Monday's episode of WWE RAW saw the long-awaited debut of recently-signed Mexican lucha libre star Sin Cara. What many probably don't know is that WWE used an old school trick to add a little extra "boost" to Sin Cara's high-flying offensive attack on Sheamus.

When Sin Cara ran to the ring, a WWE crew member actually pushed a mini-trampoline from under the ring, which he used to springboard into the ring. Check out the video below of his debut, you can actually see the trampoline for a second during the wide shot before he runs to the ring:

There was said to be a lot of concern backstage that the stunt could go wrong if the trampoline wasn't in the exact right position - which it wasn't. The trampoline was positioned so close to the ring that Cara almost didn't clear the top rope when he went to attack Sheamus.

In related news, Sin Cara actually called an "audible" during his debut and the top rope cross-body attack on Sheamus is not what was originally planned. Cara was booked to hit a flying "tornado twist"splash, but toned it down and went with a high crossbody instead. The tornado twist would have had a lot more impact but after the trampoline stunt almost went wrong, he decided to keep it more conservative and not risk too much during his first appearance.

Sin Cara will be appearing on Friday's episode of WWE SmackDown, so at this point, there's still no word on which brand he'll settle down on.

There is said to be a lot of pressure on Sin Cara right now, with most in WWE having very high expectations for him to climb the roster ranks in the coming weeks. So far, so good.

Rey is still actually pretty good in the ring. His matches tell stories better and when he wants he can still sell his ass off. He doesn't have the ability to make his stories and selling end with the same exclamation point as they used to, but he's still good. That said I think it's obvious he's backstage politiced his way around since Guerrero died.

Whoa, I think thats a pretty harsh allegation to throw Mysterio's way, I mean sure he could've, but from everything I've heard everybody likes the guy anyway and likes working with him, and besides that he was like the only consistent Mexican star in the WWE since Guerrero died which pretty much guaranteed him a top spot, and oh yeah, he's got the Cena/kid thing going for him big time.

On to Sin Cara, I thought the debut definately was a let down, but that was due to WWE not himself(and I guess the botched enterance, but I wasn't even sure if it was botched or not, it definately wasn't as bad as it could've been). I definately expected him to debut in a match, or to put more of a whoopin on Sheamus.

Anyway, sure we've all seen a Hurricarana or a top rope body splash, but like Evan Bourne, its the way he does it. No one in the WWE or WcW has ever pulled a SSP like Evan Bourne does, and I didn't expect Sin Cara to pull off his moves the way he did. Like they looked graphically enhanced in his hype videos, but I guess that was actually him because his Hurricarana and Splash looked so pretty, he makes walking on ropes look so easy. I think he's going to be just fine and am glad their pushig him.

Sin Cara didnt fuck up, the production guy under the ring fucked up.

Monday's episode of WWE RAW saw the long-awaited debut of recently-signed Mexican lucha libre star Sin Cara. What many probably don't know is that WWE used an old school trick to add a little extra "boost" to Sin Cara's high-flying offensive attack on Sheamus.

When Sin Cara ran to the ring, a WWE crew member actually pushed a mini-trampoline from under the ring, which he used to springboard into the ring. Check out the video below of his debut, you can actually see the trampoline for a second during the wide shot before he runs to the ring:

There was said to be a lot of concern backstage that the stunt could go wrong if the trampoline wasn't in the exact right position - which it wasn't. The trampoline was positioned so close to the ring that Cara almost didn't clear the top rope when he went to attack Sheamus.

In related news, Sin Cara actually called an "audible" during his debut and the top rope cross-body attack on Sheamus is not what was originally planned. Cara was booked to hit a flying "tornado twist"splash, but toned it down and went with a high crossbody instead. The tornado twist would have had a lot more impact but after the trampoline stunt almost went wrong, he decided to keep it more conservative and not risk too much during his first appearance.

Sin Cara will be appearing on Friday's episode of WWE SmackDown, so at this point, there's still no word on which brand he'll settle down on.

There is said to be a lot of pressure on Sin Cara right now, with most in WWE having very high expectations for him to climb the roster ranks in the coming weeks. So far, so good.

That's a slick as trick. Puttin a damn trampoline out there like that. Kinda takes away from the effect a little tho, I'd rather think he botched it alone, then he sprang from a trampoline. Even botched, its still real impressive to jump up there, but I should have known it had some kinda trick to it. it had me fooled.

It all happened so faaaaaaaaasssst. Anyways, still really cool, even if it was super rushed and he fucked up like 19 times.

It would sweet to see him do that to any random person who was being an asshole, on both shows. He would be like a super hero.

Doubt they do anything even close to that cool. Oh well. Hope he gets lots of exposure and time to do his thing, moving forward.

I thought I was watching WCW Nitro for a few minutes there, it took me back to 1996 for a moment.

That debut was great, even if he botched the jump it was still awesome. The only worry I have is Vince gives him the typical treatment, "okay here's your 5 moves, stick to these and don't deviate." If they let him simply work? They could be onto something special. Get him some other high fliers to compete with and let's get this party going! :)

I thought I was watching WCW Nitro for a few minutes there, it took me back to 1996 for a moment.

That debut was great, even if he botched the jump it was still awesome. The only worry I have is Vince gives him the typical treatment, "okay here's your 5 moves, stick to these and don't deviate." If they let him simply work? They could be onto something special. Get him some other high fliers to compete with and let's get this party going! :)

I think the promos before he came pretty much showed you his 5 moves that Vince told him to use. It's happening already.

It all happened so faaaaaaaaasssst. Anyways, still really cool, even if it was super rushed and he fucked up like 19 times.

It would sweet to see him do that to any random person who was being an asshole, on both shows. He would be like a super hero.

Doubt they do anything even close to that cool. Oh well. Hope he gets lots of exposure and time to do his thing, moving forward.

Seems to me that someone has been reading the spoilers, and trying to come off as smarter than he really is by being justified by said spoilers when they air on Friday. Sorry, but thats pretty much what you're doing bro.

Anyway, Sin Cara's debut was cool.

It was obvious that he was going to come out during the aftermath of the Bryan/Sheamus match though, seeing as it was like 10:45, but even with the predictability of it, he still showed off his high flying style and I was damn impressed with his top rope move to the outside. It looked beautiful, no other word to describe it.

BTW, how did he mess up "19" times? Obviously you pulled that number out your ass, but still, he messed up one time and the rest looked great. Plus the only screw up, from reports, wasn't even his fault.

Im intrested in what he'll use as his finisher?Obviously he can still use La Mistica but its not exactly gonna work on big guys is it.

Seems to me that someone has been reading the spoilers, and trying to come off as smarter than he really is by being justified by said spoilers when they air on Friday. Sorry, but thats pretty much what you're doing bro.

BTW, how did he mess up "19" times? Obviously you pulled that number out your ass, but still, he messed up one time and the rest looked great. Plus the only screw up, from reports, wasn't even his fault.

What? I dont read spoilers, ever, but if YOU just spoiled what is going to happen on friday for ME, that will be a nice spoiler infraction coming your way :) Ive literally never read a spoiler in my life.

19 times, not exactly. Its called hyperbole. Out of the 5 things he did, 3 of them were fucked up. May as well be 19.

Who is trying to look smart now?

Wasn't impressed. No, I'm not dissing the guy. I'm just saying that Sin Cara's debut wasn't impactful. Hopefully what creative will do with him is better than this. Cara can move and evidently think fast when the situation changes. Good signs.

SINce he is a High-Flyer, is debut was pretty awesome!

The entrance was All Right, he botched because one staff guy put the trampoline in the wrong place for what i've read!!
He sells a move very well, even Sheamus looked very well on selling that CrossBody, maybe the best Crossbody EVER, so high and i jumped out of my chair :D

I really want to see more of him!! Yes, i am a Mysterio fan, so Sin Cara you have to struggle a lot to be better :)

Saw his unbotched entrance on Smackdown against Jack Swagger, it was epic! In RAW the trampoline was placed to close to the ring :( His moves are epic! and his entrance has everyone on their feet especially with the pointing and jumping.

[YOUTUBE]r3KuPqiz_C0[/YOUTUBE]

Sin Cara is going after the biggest guys to make a statement. I don't think he is going straight after the US championship.

iam cofused about him!!!
Who is he going to fucking feud??
I wanna see him wrestling :D

WWE.com has him listed on the RAW roster so I'm still assuming he's gonna go after Sheamus and the US title (maybe not right away but at some point in the forseeable future). I think he only showed up on Smackdown last night in order to get over with the Smackdown audience and to get more on screen exposure with his moves. Which I think is good. Show off some flashy high flying moves and keep the crowd wanting to come back for more. I'm assuming and hoping he'll make his wrestling debut by this Monday.

If he's listed on the RAW roster then I guess he's feuding with Sheamus. His run-in with Swagger was probably to show Smackdown viewers who he is.

Anyways I'm PUMPED AS to see this guy perform. From what we've seen, his moves are excellent and he pulls them off with perfection. I really think that him and Sheamus can work a great match, and I'm looking forward to seeing with this guy can do.

-

OMG this guy has everything to be huge!! The crowd was crazy about him, and he is a WWE rookie!!
I personally feel that Jack Swagger vs Sin Cara has potential to be better than Sheamus vs Sin Cara.

Since Jack Swagger is getting a push, and appearing on both shows, they could feud very well!!
But they should only put Sin Cara in a match, at Extreme Rules...
Michael Cole can build up this feud very well only with a little bit of promos and Swagger showing domination against Daniel Bryan or even jobbers!!

Ok... I have searched the forum and there is not a thread about this.

Lets review, Sin Cara debuted on Raw and took out Sheamus the on Smackdown he attacked Swagger? No I say what are WWE planning with him? What brand will he officially be on and how will they push him?

Personally I would have him fued against Swagger and Micheal Cole and keep him on Smackdown. I think that will be way more intresting than Sin Cara vs Sheamus.

How about Swagger vs. Sheamus vs. Sin Cara for the U.S. Title at Extreme Rules? Sheamus and Swagger won't let this go unignored. This gives Sin Cara a chance to capture U.S. gold and Sheamus will definitely want to get him back. But you know Michael Cole won't just forget about what happened to Swagger. Cole will try to scheme and do everything to stop Sin Cara. Swagger and Sheamus form an alliance to take out Sin Cara and try looking for him backstage but he's nowhere to be found.

What if both of them are in the ring on the mic confronting Sin Cara with their backs to each other, the lights dim and Sin Cara comes from the crowd and clears the ring by surprising the two former champs?

Just an idea.

I don't know I like the idea of him attacking heels at least until extreme rules then he has to get a proper fued, but he has to start with someone his size, maybe cody as was already said, I'm tired of the whole underdog david and goliath thing they have with rey...so something different would be nice.....

i too like the idea of Cara entering a feud with Sheamus and Swagger. i would also like the idea of some kind of alliance being formed between Sheamus and Swagger. this would be an oppurtunity to play on the american peoples affection for the irish and possibly give the fans the chance to cheer Sheamus which i think theyr dieing to do. it would give Sheamus something to do while taking a break from the main event scene, and would be a refeshing change for both swagger and Sheamus. as was said above, a 3 way for U.S. gold could take place, with Cara winning and the alliance of swagger and sheamus to form.

It really looks like they're just trying to see how the crowd is going to react to him now. Smackdown needs more heels and I doubt he will be added as another face to Smackdown. BUT with that being said that's where Rey's big fans are at and Sin Cara is being brought in to somewhat replace Mysterio among the hispanic fan base

I really think if they use him right he can go far in the WWE. And like said above, I could see a triple threat match at Extreme Rules of Sheamus/Sin Cara/Swagger to make Swagger more relevant again without winning the belt

Trust me, we'll absolutely see a program with Sin Cara and Rey. Rey will likely pass the torch to Sin Cara. They are so similar. The fans will demand this and will want to see it. I am not sure what the future holds for Sin Cara but I am positive of two things:

#1 He WILL work a program with Rey in the future.

#2 He WILL be either WWE or World Heavyweight Champion or both.

Sin Carra Is on the raw brand

Now OT I think they will use sin cara as a shining knight against heels and then after a few weeks of attacking heels on both raw and smackdown carra will eventually get into a program with a heel from raw maybe sheamus?

Well he attacked SHEAMUS for punishing DANIEL BRYAN, he attacked JACK SWAGGER for nothing...
hmmmmmm... let's see what we should do... 1 of them has a title, 2 are face and 2 are heel, let's put them in a tag team match (bryan & cara vs jack & sheamus) and there will be a feud so a fatal 4 way ladder match on extreme rules between sheamus, bryan , jack & sin 4 the U.S title... that should do well

what do u say??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back