• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Signs of a Bad Poster: What to look for.

Yes, but I am protected by our Lord and Master David Mitchell, and you will bow.

david-mitchell.jpg

Bow.

False reasoning to back-up your opinions.

Sure, opinions are just that, but if you are going to give some evidence, don't make your evidence opinion. Opinion does not support opinion and is passed off as facts. That's called a theory.

JicKie "FalKon" Mames;1795986 said:
False reasoning to back-up your opinions.

Sure, opinions are just that, but if you are going to give some evidence, don't make your evidence opinion. Opinion does not support opinion and is passed off as facts. That's called a theory.

Theory is a idea that is based off of facts. Those facts must be attacked to attack the idea.

Opinions based off of opinions are....well, they're opinions. They're not even arguments.

While I would agree with these I'd say that there are many different ways in which a poster can be bad. Good posters can often make bad posts too. Other signs of a bad post (in my opinion at least) include self aggrandizement, boasting about their skills, and putting everyone down bar their small group of friends.

The thing which these though is that they are an ailment we all suffer at some point or another- rather than the moniker of a bad poster which is general and all consuming.

Then what else do we use cliques for, Nita? :confused:

Anyone who has a strong fandom of any one wrestler, and treats this wrestler as if he were better than all others. Particular wrestlers such as John Cena, Stone Cold and Stan Hansen come to mind.

I disagree with this one.

I am a strong fan of 'Taker. I don't know if you all consider me to be a bad poster, however, I don't consider myself a bad poster. Also, Becca is a strong fan of HBK. Where does she fit in with this statement?

I disagree with this one.

I am a strong fan of 'Taker. I don't know if you all consider me to be a bad poster, however, I don't consider myself a bad poster. Also, Becca is a strong fan of HBK. Where does she fit in with this statement?

I dunno man, your HBK-markdom in that debate I had with you on MSN was exasperating. I rolled my eyes many times during that. If I hadn't had to practice piano I would have given up anyway.

I dunno man, your HBK-markdom in that debate I had with you on MSN was exasperating. I rolled my eyes many times during that. If I hadn't had to practice piano I would have given up anyway.

Sure, I mark out for 'Taker and HBK. I don't see where that makes me a bad poster though.

I also rolled my eyes plenty of times at some of the things that you were coming back with. I'm glad that you had to practice piano. I would have conceded also.

I dunno what to look for really, I look at a lot of posts, quite a few from respected members who are apparently awesome and I just think "your shit mate". I dont criticise, I also consider my own posts shite.

Well I certainly hope that i'm not a complete shit-poster. That would be terrible for me. Anyway I only posted spam in the bar-room once because it was of Matt Hardy getting a YouTube channel, I didn't talk about what I though of him and his matches or anything. :rolleyes:

Lee and MRC... phooey on you both. I make memes funny! That being said, I didn't say Stan Hansen was better than anyone else, but he can beat anyone, anytime. Because he's mean, he chews backer, and he's blind as a fuckin' bat!

But seriously. Posters with ALL CAPS as their name. Another sign of a bad poster.

And only being able to defend a debate by either calling someone stupid, ignorant, or a racial or homophobic slur. That's a sign.

And that's also a paddlin'.

At the same time, I'm certain the below statement is about me.

It wasn't. You do do that, but that's not the kind of think I meant. I mean like when it is a stream of conciousness that goes completely off topic. Something like

"I don't know who will win out of Shaymouse and Orton but I', m just gald tha5 Cena isn;t in the maun event because he only had 5 moved tirple h is also in the maing event too much too."

A little aside, every single one of those typos were genuine, apart from Sheamus' name. I am a terrible typist, but unlike the vast majority, I correct the mistakes I make.

Sure, I get in a war with the one of the biggest cuntrags on here because he calls me a pedo and I am automatically a bad poster. That makes complete ssense to me, as far as the other one I can take his banter, wether he means it or not, I dont care. And who was banned for whatever reason twice in a week or so? Oh yeah not me, at least I am trying to get my opinion out there, unlike others that live in the Bar room.

I don't really give a shit about who's a good poster or not. My tastes are so narrowly defined that I'd converse with anyone with similar likings as long I could understand what they were saying.

Well Doc, I try to make people laugh and maybe get sigged and it doesn't work. I never get mentioned in the funny group, and no one ever responds to anything I say. I sound like a chick now.

Reactions: TLC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back