Signs of a Bad Poster: What to look for.

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
DISCLAIMER:
I'm not singling out any particular person and if you meet the criteria I list here, then it's not a personal pot shot at you. It's merely an observation from someone who is better than you. At everything. Kidding. But seriously, don't take it personally. Or do. I don't really care.

I've noticed a few patterns on how to spot bad posters before they come in here. It's a sixth sense and it's nearly 50 percent accurate... 70 percent of the time.

1) Poster has his name mixed with different nicknames from different wrestlers. Example: LegendRatedHBKCena! or The_Game_NWO_DX_Hogan or Y2Edge. I mean, it's not 'creative'.

2) No concept of spacing, paragraphs, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and other grammatical mistakes. .

Example:

Random NooB said:
I think Edge is great because he's awseome and loves to spear and jackhammer, too wait that's Goldberg anyway, edge is awesome and should beat RKO at wrestlemania and if he doesn't, undertaker should because he's the greateset of all times, so is HBK, but not as good as Edge. ON THIS DAY I SEE CELARLY!!

3) They make annoying threads in the Bar Room. One person overcomes this theory, and that's Uncle KB. He's my E-Uncle on Wrestlezone Forums. Anyway, everyone else who does this = bad poster.

When you see these signs, do these things.

1) Debate with them. Quickest way to get rid of someone on here who's an awful poster is to go against what they say. They'll flame you and eventually leave.

2) Report them constantly. Guarantee they've done something wrong. So it wouldn't hurt to report it.

3) Tell them either Cena/HHH/or Jeff Hardy sucks. In a non-flaming way. That'll fix them.

4) See JKO, Areoplex, and Stuntz. They're God awful and their non-spam posts are laced with bad words. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's a sign of not being able to convey their thoughts cohesively.

So that's it. This should be stickied. I'm doing it. :D

POST OF THE YEAR. I LOLED.

You forgot to mention how many memes they use. Unless they're Xfear. His memes are better posts than most posters nonspam.

There's always the copy-paste jobs, too. You know the ones. They're posting away, and in an effort to seem like the know what the fuck they're typing about, the post winds up being heavy on the Wiki. And, not just as a source, but as the post itself. See: Milenko.

The lack of use with grammar, capitalization, and spelling is a major tipoff.

However, things that are more blatant are not using paragraphs (which someone quit the forum yesterday after I PM'ed him and asked him to use paragraphs going ahead instead of typing 14 lines of text altogether so everyone could actually read his post ... he got mad and said that I was violating "Freedom of Speech" so decided to quit, apparently)

and people with a very low post count who like to create a lot of threads.

Also, thread starters who create posts with one or two sentences ... or copy and paste an article and ask "What do you think?" .... which in most cases I will send these threads to Wrestling Spam, to reflect the lack of effort they made in creating the thread.

Those are some of my easier and more blatant ways of spotting poor posters.

Random NooB said:
I think Edge is great because he's awseome and loves to spear and jackhammer, too wait that's Goldberg anyway, edge is awesome and should beat RKO at wrestlemania and if he doesn't, undertaker should because he's the greateset of all times, so is HBK, but not as good as Edge. ON THIS DAY I SEE CELARLY!!

This 'random NooB' actually has pretty decent spelling. I see potential. Maybe one or two mistakes and the misuse of commas and periods, but his actual spelling seems pretty on-par for 80-90% of this forum. If not slightly better.

Some people may consider me a shitty poster, but I do not meet any of the mentioned criteria.

I hope i havent done any of those things. Though i did have to fret over chooseing my current name, Via Armbar or Rated RKOle AnderSonny2J.

I hope i havent done any of those things. Though i did have to fret over chooseing my current name, Via Armbar or Rated RKOle AnderSonny2J.

I assume you're joking.

Also, anybody who uses "fan" as part of their user name, who isn't M_F. And possibly me. The Juries still out on me.

Posters who are unoriginal with their vocabulary, and constantly use the same 'big words' they google'd to seem much more intelligent. You missed this one

Posters who are unoriginal with their vocabulary, and constantly use the same 'big words' they google'd to seem much more intelligent. You missed this one

Haven't noticed this problem. Then again, I'm willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, when it comes to intelligence.

While I would agree with these I'd say that there are many different ways in which a poster can be bad. Good posters can often make bad posts too. Other signs of a bad post (in my opinion at least) include self aggrandizement, boasting about their skills, and putting everyone down bar their small group of friends.

The thing which these though is that they are an ailment we all suffer at some point or another- rather than the moniker of a bad poster which is general and all consuming.

I think the biggest tell tale sign is posters who post like they are talking. They often lose focus halfway through a sentence or use idiomatic language. This often comes hand in hand with posters believing that whoever it is they are trying to debate has some sort of vendetta against them and assuming that evey single poster knows all of their tastes, despite the fact they have about 3 posts. y2jake's posts are the most commonly attacked by this type of poster.

What's the easiest way to tell the difference between a poster who has no talent, and a poster who just doesn't give a shit/doesn't try? Assuming that you haven't seen a lot of the latter's other posts.

Anyone who has a strong fandom of any one wrestler, and treats this wrestler as if he were better than all others. Particular wrestlers such as John Cena, Stone Cold and Stan Hansen come to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back