• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should WWE Go Ahead & Induct Randy Savage Into The HOF?

Should Macho Man Go In Without His Family?

• OOOOOOHHHHH YYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

• AWWWWWW HEEEEEEEEELLLLLL NNNNOOOOOO!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
However, Poffo himself will have nothing to do with it because, allegedly, Savage wanted his family to be inducted as well.

Hard to believe any kind of fuss is being made over this, don't you think? I believe people should get out more if they're worried about whether or not to induct Savage in the manner he apparently preferred.

By deeds and exploits of his active career, does Randy Savage merit being in the Hall of Fame?.....obviously.

Did his leaving WWE when still able to perform cause a huge rift between him and Vince McMahon?.....sure seems so, huh?

When it comes to Lanny Poffo's "keeper of the family flame" status in this whole matter, I wonder if he's considered that while he's concerned about his family being inducted collectively, that many regard Leaping Lanny and Angelo as unworthy of being in the HOF in the first place, and that the only one who came up with this silly condition was Randy, who's no longer here to enforce it.

If Lanny said to induct Randy and leave him out of it, I think the solution is right there.......induct Randy and leave Lanny out of it.

Whoopie! Randy Savage will finally be enshrined in the WWE Hall of Fame. That and $2 will get you a Dunkin Donuts coffee.

Personally, I don't get the whole "Angelo and Lanny don't deserve to be in the HOF" argument that some have come up with. No, neither was a megastar, but, personally, I'd at least put Lanny on the same level as current Hall Of Famers like James Dudley, Jim Duggan and Koko B. Ware.

Other families have been inducted, such as the Von Erichs... I'd argue that Lanny and Angelo should be considered for the HoF before Chris and Mike Von Erich should be.

If I were the WWE, I'd offer what I think is a creative solution and a fair compromise:

Induct the Poffo family, highlighting Lanny and Angelo. Lanny would be selected to do the acceptance speech. My choice for inductor would be Jerry Lawler, as he and Jerry Jarrett bought the assets of the Poffos' promotion when it closed.

That clears the path for Randy to be inducted with Elizabeth. IMO, Elizabeth was a big part of Savage's career and as a result, the two should be inducted together. I'd have George Steele be their inductor. The only thing I haven't nailed down is, who would do the acceptance speech?

This way, I feel, you appease the issue of Randy wanting his family inducted, while giving Randy his own separate induction with Elizabeth, who surprisingly, I have not seen one person mention as a potential HoF inductee.

-Bill

gimme a break, pete rose & william "the refrigerator" perry are in their hall of fame. that to me tells me they're not serious about who goes in their hof. let the poffos in. :wtf:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back