• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

She eyes me like a pisces when I am weak

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
I've been locked inside your Heart Shaped box, for weeks
I've been drawn into your magnet tar pit trap
I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black

Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
hey
wait
I've got a new complaint
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint

...your advice

Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet
Cut myself on Angel Hair and baby's breath
Broken hymen of your highness I'm left black
Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back

Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
...Your advice

She eyes me like a pisces when I am weak
I've been locked inside your Heart-Shaped box for weeks
I've been drawn into your magnet tar pit trap
I wish I could Eat your cancer when you turn black

Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
hey!
wait!
I've got a new complaint
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Your advice
Your advice
Your advice

Fixed that for ya D-Man.

Nirvana > Whatever Bands you listen to

Wow... you're SUCH a dick.

Nirvana is like getting sushi with imitation crab meat... It seems all great and luxurious and it leaves somewhat of a good taste in your mouth, but if you really look into it you'll only find a cheap imitation of something that you thought was great and it repeats on you later on.

Nirvana is like getting sushi with imitation crab meat... It seems all great and luxurious and it leaves somewhat of a good taste in your mouth, but if you really look into it you'll only find a cheap imitation of something that you thought was great and it repeats on you later on.

Yep. As I expected. Fuckin' noob.

Explain to me who Nirvana is a cheap imitation of. There has never been and will never be a band like Nirvana. You listen to a song like "Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle" and there isn't another band that sounds like that in the world.

Mang.

Explain to me who Nirvana is a cheap imitation of. There has never been and will never be a band like Nirvana. You listen to a song like "Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle" and there isn't another band that sounds like that in the world.

Mang.

No no no... the crabmeat was imitation.

I'm saying that Nirvana sounds great at first, but after a while it leaves a bad taste in your mouth and then you're reminded of why they were so hyped... they were just the best band that came out at that time. They weren't one of the best of all time. They were just the result of good timing.

Cunt.

Result of good timing my ass. There was a shitload of good music being made when Nirvana were around, but they still shone trhough. Nirvana is underrated if anything.

Result of good timing my ass. There was a shitload of good music being made when Nirvana were around, but they still shone trhough. Nirvana is underrated if anything.

What?!? Explain to me how... just for one second.

They play simplified chords, Kurt Cobain sounds like he's taking a shit when he sings, not to mention that his lyrics sound like a meaningless conversation between two crackheads.

The only good things that ever came out of that band were Dave Grohl and a shotgun.

What?!? Explain to me how... just for one second.

They play simplified chords, Kurt Cobain sounds like he's taking a shit when he sings, not to mention that his lyrics sound like a meaningless conversation between two crackheads.

Spoken in truly ignorant fashion. It's called punk rock D-Man, ever heard of it? It's this thing called SOUL. Sorry man, we can't all be Fall Out Boy.

And Cobain's lyrics were fantastic, sorry if you don't appreciate poetry D-Man, because that's what it is, it's the same kind of avant-garde poetry that the beatniks or hippies used.

The only good things that ever came out of that band were Dave Grohl and a shotgun.

Well that's just poor taste.

Spoken in truly ignorant fashion. It's called punk rock D-Man, ever heard of it? It's this thing called SOUL. Sorry man, we can't all be Fall Out Boy.

No, no, no... Screw Fallout Boy. But when you want to speak about revolutionary bands, you should be talking about Led Zeppelin, Queen, The Who, The Beatles.

You're hurtin me... Nirvana?!?! Ewwwww

No, no, no... Screw Fallout Boy. But when you want to speak about revolutionary bands, you should be talking about Led Zeppelin, Queen, The Who, The Beatles.

Dude, what are you, like 60 years old?

You damn kids with your hair and your music! Get off my lawn! Music has been terrible since Frankie Sinatra!

Sorry you don't appreciate punk rock D-Man. Too bad though. And yeah, Nirvana were a revolutionary band, are you kidding me? They were the most famous rock band in the 90s for God's sake, they started the entire grunge obsession.

Sorry you don't appreciate punk rock D-Man. Too bad though. And yeah, Nirvana were a revolutionary band, are you kidding me? They were the most famous rock band in the 90s for God's sake, they started the entire grunge obsession.

First off, Nirvana wasn't punk rock. They were marketed as grunge and were known as the revolutionizers of the form of music when bands like Alice in Chains, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam were the pioneers of the genre.

And as for them being famous, you're absolutely right. But they were known for the grunge boom just like how Quiet Riot was known for the hair-metal boom. Neither band was the best in their categories... they were the first bands of those genres that were signed and blessed with great timing as to when their music was put on MTV. As a result, they were labeled as the leaders of the revolution.

If Motley Crue was the first signed 80's hair metal band in the 80's and Soundgarden was the first signed grunge band of the 90's, we wouldn't be having this argument.

Nirvana is almost as over rated as The Beatles and The Cure.

BINGOOOOOO!!! Thank you!!!

Seriously, I'm so sick of people blowing Nirvana up like they're something to give a shit about. Face it... they weren't very good.

Dude, what are you, like 60 years old?

You damn kids with your hair and your music! Get off my lawn! Music has been terrible since Frankie Sinatra!

I have to be 60 years old in order to be able to consciously identify who the true legends of the music business actually are? And you want to throw NIRVANA in that category?? Give me a break.

I'm a proud musician and I KNOW what real music is about because I have to perform it. You guys just hear a tune, think it sounds cool, and all of you begin to worship it all.

You honestly can't appreciate a contribution to music unless you truly understand it.

The amazing thing is, had Kurt Cobain not martyred himself for a bunch of ignorant-ass depressed high school kids whose nihilistic existances at the time were a burden on society in general, Nirvana's music wouldn't be nearly as revered. It's called "Owen Hart Syndrome." Die in some overblown, sudden, crazy manner and all of a sudden you've accomplished more than you actually did.

Not only is Nirvana criminally over rated, but the following is true:

1. Kurt Cobain isn't even the most talented musician who died young in the 90's. Bradley Newell from Sublime and Layne Staley from Alice in Chains both trump him, and Shannon Hoon from Blind Melon is up there along side him.

2. Nirvana wasn't even the best of the "MTV Unplugged" series. Alice in Chains was.

3. Screaming Trees and Mother Love Bone were grunge long before Nirvana.

4. Queen was doing grunge style music in one or two songs when Cobain was potty training.

First off, Nirvana wasn't punk rock. They were marketed as grunge and were known as the revolutionizers of the form of music when bands like Alice in Chains, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam were the pioneers of the genre.

Wrong. Grunge is an offshoot of hardcore punk, the entire scene was kickstarted from punk bands that toured around Washington like Black Flag. Grunge itself is a fusion of hardcore punk and heavy metal with indie rock, grunge is most definitely an offshoot of punk.

This isn't punk?

And as for them being famous, you're absolutely right. But they were known for the grunge boom just like how Quiet Riot was known for the hair-metal boom. Neither band was the best in their categories... they were the first bands of those genres that were signed and blessed with great timing as to when their music was put on MTV. As a result, they were labeled as the leaders of the revolution.

Comparing grunge to hair metal? I hope you realize the irony here---grunge formed in part due to how sick and tired everyone was of terrible hair metal. Nirvana were not the first successful grunge band, bands like Green River, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, and Mother Love Bone were there first.

Secondly, how you can deny the songwriting talent of Kurt Cobain and Nirvana, especially on the album Nevermind, is beyond me.

If Motley Crue was the first signed 80's hair metal band in the 80's and Soundgarden was the first signed grunge band of the 90's, we wouldn't be having this argument.

Soundgarden was. They released their first studio album for a major label in 1989. Nirvana was not the first grunge band signed to a major label, or the first on the grunge scene, they were just the best.

Nirvana is almost as over rated as The Beatles and The Cure.

Now you're just being absurd. Go listen to your Live albums and leave the real music to the grown ups :p

The amazing thing is, had Kurt Cobain not martyred himself for a bunch of ignorant-ass depressed high school kids whose nihilistic existances at the time were a burden on society in general, Nirvana's music wouldn't be nearly as revered. It's called "Owen Hart Syndrome." Die in some overblown, sudden, crazy manner and all of a sudden you've accomplished more than you actually did.

Utter horseshit. That would imply that Nirvana weren't very popular while alive, like Owen Hart. Except, you know, they were the biggest band on the planet. And they continued to be extremely popular well after his death.

Not only is Nirvana criminally over rated, but the following is true:

1. Kurt Cobain isn't even the most talented musician who died young in the 90's. Bradley Newell from Sublime and Layne Staley from Alice in Chains both trump him, and Shannon Hoon from Blind Melon is up there along side him

More horseshit, of the utter variety. Bradley Nowell (if you're going to argue this atleast get the name right IC!) is the only one on that list you could maybe have an argument for, but Shannon Hoon was a nobody who produced mediocre bubblegum music, and Layne Staley wasn't the main driving force behind AIC, not even slightly. He was too busy nodding out while Jerry Cantrell was writing all the songs..

2. Nirvana wasn't even the best of the "MTV Unplugged" series. Alice in Chains was.

I agree with that, I've been saying that for years. Nirvana were still the better band in the long run who produced much more consistently good music though.

3. Screaming Trees and Mother Love Bone were grunge long before Nirvana.

Anyone who ever said Nirvana invented grunge is an idiot. They just perfected it.

4. Queen was doing grunge style music in one or two songs when Cobain was potty training.

Bullshit. I would have listened to you if you said The Stooges or something, but not Queen.

Nirvana perfected the genre. Simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back