Shawn Michael's Final Match

I think the best way for HBK to go out is have a World title match at wrestlemania where he vows he will retire no matter what the outcome. It should be done in a hell in the cell invoroment. at the end of it they should do a curtain call incident style finish to the mans career. I know they dont do it anymore but have trips go down on a zip line to the top of the cell. at the end of a match, becouse pinfalls count anywhere have him pin the person and have trips slide down to see him off. also have the Guest referee being Ric Flair, so all three of the guys can see HBK off properly. As i said once before i dont want HBK to go ever, but it will happen at one stage lets just hope he could stay with the WWE when he does

Im agree with alot of earlier post that HBK's last match is a good 3-5 years away.... Having being forced out of the business in 1998, I think he will make his second big run last as long as possible...

I also think the WWE needs to keep Shawn around for as long as they can, hes undercard performances/angles with Chris Jericho are easily as entertaining and important as the World Title picture...

A Shawn Michaels vs. CM Punk feud would be real fun

In terms on HBK's last match, which I hope is at WrestleMania 46, it would have to be Triple H.... The history and everything between the 2 men, and I think it would be like there SummerSlam 2002 match, were Shawn goes out the winner...

The day shawn michaels retires, i retire from watching wrestling..
That guy is the only guy that hasn't gotten old for me the whole time i was growing up! Stone Cold is good, hes no HBK... The Rock, the best entertainer of all time in the ring, but he also is no HBK...
HBK is in a different category just like Flair, legendary..
But the day HBK's show stops, I won't watch wrestling anymore, because I don't see the future of wrestling yet, because Trips and freakin Cena, don't even get me started on Cena,(he just needs to turn heel)..People love to hate that guy... they won't do the things HBK has done and will continue to do for those younger guys... Screw Hogan..HBK hands down the greatest thing that has hit that ring... Everyone likes pure talent and gets into the character that really loves what he does.. So whatever there ya go

I feel Shawn MIchaels deserves to win his final match this time around. If you all remeber correctly, Wrestlemania 14 was supposed to be his last match due to his back situation, and he dropped the strap to Austin. This time he should be able to have that final "W" for his final match.

Just throwing this out there due to recent events. So in kayfabe, it seems The Heartbreak Kid has gone and retired. I think we all know this isn't the case. However, what if it was? What if Chris Jericho was the one to end Shawns career for good? Does anyone else see the similrities between him and Shawn and Shawn and Flair? Shawn looked up to Flair, he was his idol as a child, and aspired to be like him. Just as Jericho feels towards Shawn.

Do people think the WWE would/should do a similar storyline to what happened with Flair? Only obviously with a few differences. If Jericho looked remorseful about doing it, like Shawn did, it'd be a nice moment. But if he did it out of spite, with hatred in mind, he would automatically become the most hated guy in the business.

Just throwing this out there due to recent events. So in kayfabe, it seems The Heartbreak Kid has gone and retired. I think we all know this isn't the case. However, what if it was? What if Chris Jericho was the one to end Shawns career for good? Does anyone else see the similrities between him and Shawn and Shawn and Flair? Shawn looked up to Flair, he was his idol as a child, and aspired to be like him. Just as Jericho feels towards Shawn.

Do people think the WWE would/should do a similar storyline to what happened with Flair? Only obviously with a few differences. If Jericho looked remorseful about doing it, like Shawn did, it'd be a nice moment. But if he did it out of spite, with hatred in mind, he would automatically become the most hated guy in the business.

No offense to Jericho or anything but I don't believe that he is a big enough star to retire Shawn Michaels. Michaels retired Flair because he is definitely one of the best ever in wrestling history, much like Flair was. It was basically a legend ending a legend's career. I don't feel that Jericho is anywhere near Michaels or Flair's level despite him having quite a resume of championships (he won most of them when titles were meaningful). He may have been the first ever undisputed champion, but most people tend to forget his reign.

I would have said Undertaker should retire Shawn at WM25, since it's the 25th anniversary and it's in Texas. A Streak vs Career match between those two has "Best Match Ever" written all over it. However, I think we're most likely going to see Triple H vs Undertaker at WM25 due to the draft. That being said, whenever Shawn is ready to retire (I think he has at least 2 years left in him), it's most likely going to be Triple H that does so. Flair and Michaels are good friends in real life, and so are Triple H and Shawn. Therefore, I think Triple H is most likely going to end his career.

Trust Becca to make a Will size post on HBK. :disappointed:

Yeah, I definately agree that HBK should win his last match. Because they will want different ways for Ric and HBK to go out on top.

At the moment I am utmost convinced that it will be HBK vs. HHH in a final match. I reckon HBK will win that match though, unless they want to keep the "Pass the Torch" thing going on.

I imagine the amtch of HHH and HBK will be legendary and mean alot. The hype for it will be beyond and above when that happen.

I think that the only other options would be an 'Against all odds' thing for HBK.

I completely agree. I think a match with the two of them even if HBK wins/loses would be incredibly special to the fans and too each other. I know it would be to me. Then the Raw after they could do his tribute and have him say good bye. I'm figuring it would be something like Tell Me A Lie, except that he's truly leaving. But I'd love for him to kick Admale's [sp?] ass and become the new GM if he's still GM at that time.

And give him one more title run!

I'm figuring it would be something like Tell Me A Lie,

I completely disagree with this. I think it'd be one of the most disrespectful things they could do. He's leaving the company ffor good, after years of service to it, you really think saying he's lying about it is a good thing to do? Besides, what would come of that? Nothing, because he's retiring.

except that he's truly leaving. But I'd love for him to kick Admale's [sp?] ass and become the new GM if he's still GM at that time.

I don't think he'll take on a Non-Wrestling spot in the WWE. I think when he's finished with the business, he'll just finish, leaving completely and spending time with his family. He may return for a special appearance once or twice, but nothing serious.

And give him one more title run!

I agree to the extent he definitely deserves more title runs than he has. But to be honest, Shawn isn't about the championships he's won. Without ever knowing that you could see in the ring how great he is. Championships don't mean much in his career. Also, I don't think he wants to be champion again. He wants to wrestle a lighter schedule, meaning he can't have the belt.

But to be honest, Shawn isn't about the championships he's won.

Yeah but why do wrestlers get into the wrestling business, to become champion. They don't say "oh well i'll become a kick ass wrestler but it dosen't matter about winning the title". They all get in the business to be called the WWE Champion/World Heavyweight Champion.

While Shawn will always be remembered for what happened with Bret, it shouldn't be. He's had unbelieveable matches, ones I could watch over and over. HBK vs Angle at WM 21. That was insane. To shift the focus about his carrer onto the wrestling, he should have one final title run. Then more people will remember the wrestling aspect of him, and realise that he can be a great champion.

Yeah but why do wrestlers get into the wrestling business, to become champion. They don't say "oh well i'll become a kick ass wrestler but it dosen't matter about winning the title". They all get in the business to be called the WWE Champion/World Heavyweight Champion.

One of the best days of Shawns life is winning that championship. His dream had come true and it meant the world to him. However his career, is not about how many times he's won gold. the man deserves it more times than most. But his career is about the greatness of matches put on. The fact that he has never had a bad match, especially at an important time. His Wrestlemania matches far surpass what anyone else has ever done.

While Shawn will always be remembered for what happened with Bret, it shouldn't be.

It'll be a part of what he's remembered for. Not completely though.

He's had unbelieveable matches, ones I could watch over and over. HBK vs Angle at WM 21. That was insane.

My favourite match in WWE history right there.

To shift the focus about his carrer onto the wrestling, he should have one final title run. Then more people will remember the wrestling aspect of him, and realise that he can be a great champion.

What do you mean, the wrestling aspect? He is all about the wrestling, he's freaking amazing in the ring and can cut an awesome promo. He won't win the title again because he doesn't want to.

Yeah but why do wrestlers get into the wrestling business, to become champion.
Not really. some want to do it becouse they like entertaining the fans. either that or becouse they enjoy wrestling. no matter how many times people say on WWE that it was there life long dream or i have wanted to do this all my life etc, dont mean it is always real. Infact all HBK wanted to do was wrestle. his dream was to be able to walk through his home town shoppin centre and be noticed. have people say OMG thats HBK. I want to be a wrestler but i wouldnt give a shit if i was champion or not. thats like saying the only reason acters act is becouse they want a grammy or something.
They don't say "oh well i'll become a kick ass wrestler but it dosen't matter about winning the title". They all get in the business to be called the WWE Champion/World Heavyweight Champion.
Bull shit. if thats the case then why dont they complain about it. im sure TNA would take anybody from the WWE if they said they would if they become champion. more people would want to become bigger then the belt. then have the belt. being WWE champion is really not a big deal. well look CM PUNK is CHAMPION. its when you become bigger then the belt that you have made it in this business.

While Shawn will always be remembered for what happened with Bret, it shouldn't be.
Right. so all this talk about the Rockers, the first ever HIAC, DX (kids like them) all he has accomplished, ending Ric flairs career has to do with Bret. wrong. the Montreal incident is a big part but all the parts where big.
He's had unbelieveable matches, ones I could watch over and over. HBK vs Angle at WM 21. That was insane.
and people will remember him for them. in twenty years time they will still be talking bout HBK and most likly the Rockers and not about the Montreal incedent.
To shift the focus about his carrer onto the wrestling, he should have one final title run. Then more people will remember the wrestling aspect of him, and realise that he can be a great champion.
HBK is beyond the belt. He doesnt need one last title run just a classy way to go out on. people will remember him for everything he has done. EVERYTHING. the swerve is going to be one tiny part of his career in the end.

I think we're most likely going to see Triple H vs Undertaker at WM25 due to the draft.

I hope we don't though, I don't want to see WrestleMania 17 all over again, even though HHH vs Taker would be good, I just don't think for WrestleMania 25 but I do agree with you 100% that Triple H will end HBKs career.

I hope we don't though, I don't want to see WrestleMania 17 all over again, even though HHH vs Taker would be good, I just don't think for WrestleMania 25 but I do agree with you 100% that Triple H will end HBKs career.

Hmmm, Undertaker and Kane fought at WM14 and 20 and had totally different matches. Austin and Rock fought 3 times at WM and had totally different matches, why couldn't HHH and Taker? Plus a match with the Phenom and not the American Badass would be totally different imo.

Personally i think that Taker and HBK should face each other at WM25 and (i can't believe i'm saying this) HBK should win. Let him prove he truly is Mr. Wrestlemania by ending the undefeated streak and then both men can go out at the same time. They are the only 2 guys who were on the very first Raw and both have hung in there for 20 odd years now. They've had amazing rivalries and it would be fitting imo for their careers to end at the same time.

Personally i'd love for Taker to "never retahhhhhhh" but then we'd never get a 'THS: The Undertaker' documentary which i, personally, would love

I do not want Triple H to end Michaels career.

Period.

I want Michaels to go one on one with the deadman at WrestleMania 25 in either an ironman or 2/3 falls match. I want him to pin the Undertaker at WrestleMania. He could still lose and have a Flair-like sendoff, but that would be awesome. Could you imagine Taker being pinned at Mania? Whoa.

I sure hope Shawn's got a lot left, but I don't think he does. I think he's gone after WrestleMania 25.. The very biggest event WWE has ever had. Sounds good, doesn't it?

It probably won't happen as he has said he has retired, but I would love to see him face The Rock in his last match. That is a dream match for me as both are icons in professional wrestling and because both are fan favourites the fans will be so into this match, just like they were for Rock v Hogan at Wrestlemania 18.

If not The Rock, I would like to see him against Jeff Hardy. I think that would be an amazing match as both put love to put on a spectacle in every match the compete in and I think that the fans will be on the edges of their seats as you never know what Jeff is going to do

It probably won't happen as he has said he has retired, but I would love to see him face The Rock in his last match. That is a dream match for me as both are icons in professional wrestling and because both are fan favourites the fans will be so into this match, just like they were for Rock v Hogan at Wrestlemania 18.

If not The Rock, I would like to see him against Jeff Hardy. I think that would be an amazing match as both put love to put on a spectacle in every match the compete in and I think that the fans will be on the edges of their seats as you never know what Jeff is going to do

The Rock would be a nice match but then it wouldn't be all about Shawn Michaels.

I have said this 100's of times that just talking about Shawn Retiring upsets my stomach and sends cold chills down my spine. I honestly believe that Mania 25 should have been here in San Antonio in the Alamodome. Atleast 60,000 people would have been able to pack that stadium and Shawn could have had his last match in his home town. If this is shawns last mania i will have to make the 3hrs drive to Houston. If Mania 25 is Shawns last match its needs to be against The Undertaker. But lets not just make it Shawns last match let make it Marks last as his knees are just as bad as Shawns. If that match is announced say around November are December tickets will sell out with know problem. Every one keeps saying Hell In A Cell, 2/3 falls, IronMan, well im sure people like Becca and myself perfer a old school classic. None of that new bullshit. But they would deserve atleast 40:00 min. The only problem with a classic match is i really want Shawn to win his last match but i don't want Taker to lose the streak. But they could play this really well. But for it to be a high profile match the build up need to start no later then The Royal Rumble. Which the WWE has a problem with doing. Also remember how we all wanted to see Edge vs Taker at Mania 24 and we got it. For some reason thats how i feel about this match. If this does happen and ots the mainevent Vince won't have to give away 4,000 tickets like he had to for mania 24

Yeah, The Undertaker would be great. The only problem I see with it is that the only time I think they'll wrestle in a big match is WM 25. I DO NOT want Shawn to retire then. The thought is pretty much one of the worst I can imagine. The day he retires is going to be completely painful for everyone. I don't want it to be that soon.

With Triple H, yeah, it'd be a nice thought. They're best friends, and have a big history. I understand why people don't want this to happen. But everyone expected Shawn to end Flairs. That happened. I think it will end up being Triple H.

I personally am not a HUGE fan of Michaels personality. However, he is a legend in the ring, and that can't be argued. Of all the wrestlers there at the moment, in my opinion it should be The Undertaker who faces HBK in his final match. (Lets just hope it isn't Cena or Batista)

In all honesty though, I'd prefer a repeat of Shawn Michaels Vs Kurt Angle, 60 Minute Ironman. That was an awesome match., And their feud never really wound up properly.

Hmmm, Undertaker and Kane fought at WM14 and 20 and had totally different matches. Austin and Rock fought 3 times at WM and had totally different matches, why couldn't HHH and Taker? Plus a match with the Phenom and not the American Badass would be totally different imo.

I know that, but in the end The Undertaker is just going to win and I don't see Triple H agreeing to put The Undertaker over AGAIN at a WrestleMania because arn't there stories about how Triple H doesn't like The Undertaker or something along those lines, something about tension?

Also because I reckon Triple H will face Shawn at WrestleMania 25 because they are the best of friends and could put on an amazing match.

I know that, but in the end The Undertaker is just going to win and I don't see Triple H agreeing to put The Undertaker over AGAIN at a WrestleMania because arn't there stories about how Triple H doesn't like The Undertaker or something along those lines, something about tension?

Also because I reckon Triple H will face Shawn at WrestleMania 25 because they are the best of friends and could put on an amazing match.

Yes they could put on a great match. That's a fact because we've seen it 4 or 5 times. We've seen HHH v Taker 3 times i think, and when HHH won the second match it was due to Brock Lesnar running in.

HHH has never beaten Taker cleanly, so a) imo HHH can say he's the best as much as he wants to, but until he cleanly beats the Undertaker, i'm not going to acknowledge that idea as a possibility, and b) any match they had would have an added level of suspense and intrigue because people would wonder if HHH could actually beat him cleanly. They've maintained the whole 'Batista has never beaten Edge with the World title on the line' (even though he did in his first WHC run on Raw), so why wouldn't they keep 'HHH can't beat Taker?'

Yes apparently there is tension between Taker and HHH, according to Wrestlezone, and they didn't elaborate any further than that so i'll believe it when i see footage of Taker and HHH about to come to blows backstage or when one does an in-ring shoot on the other. If it is true, then it should still be irrelevant because Vince and the Creative team decide who wins and who loses, no the talent. You can say that HHH politics his way to the top all you want, but there is no way he'd have enough stroke to convince others to let him beat someone like Taker if that was not the original plan.

mark Callaway is the backbone of that company. you can say HBK all you want, but i don't recall the Undertaker ever taking 4 years off. He's had his fair share of time on the injury list as well, but he draws, puts guys over, allows his character to get screwed over more often than ANYONE else i've ever seen in WWE, and still takes the sick ass bumps when neccessary.

i honestly don't think HHH could walk visit Vince at home and say:

"Hey Vince, i heard what you're planning for the PPV next month with me and Taker.... and i was wondering..... could you change it so that i beat him instead. I really don't think me jobbing will help anyone, whereas if I beat him, no one can say i'm not a legend right? Whaddya say?"

Without Vince saying:

"Fuck sake Paul, you've been the champ 12 times! And now you want me to change everything just so you don't have to lose to Mark? He's always been loyal to us, and i've told him you're jobbing, so the answer is no, and that's final!"

That's a deeper insight to my opinion

Shawn Michaels is one of those wrestlers i grew up watching as a little boy and i'm 26 now,I say His last match should be un heard of,a type of match wrestling fans have never seen before, something ''showstopping'',like when he climbed up that 30 feet ladder at Wrestlemania 22 and destroy Vinny Mac with that elbow!If he had to wrestle an up and coming wrestler in his final match I Say Ted Dibease ,that kid is going to be great mark my words!

Shawn Michaels is one of those wrestlers i grew up watching as a little boy and i'm 26 now,I say His last match should be un heard of,a type of match wrestling fans have never seen before, something ''showstopping'',like when he climbed up that 30 feet ladder at Wrestlemania 22 and destroy Vinny Mac with that elbow!

No. I want a regular, amazing singles match. This match isn't going to be about the gimmick, the opponent or the moveset. It's going to be about nothing but respect for this man who's given us everything over the years. Everything we see in that match is going to be a testament to his career. Everything he does will have meant something to him, and we'll be able to see that.

If he had to wrestle an up and coming wrestler in his final match I Say Ted Dibease ,that kid is going to be great mark my words!

Again, I disagree. He puts people over all the time now. I think his last match should solely be about him. Which is why I think his opponent should be Triple H. So, we've seen this before yes. But it is a big part of the history for both these guys. And it's not something which will take away from him too much. Hence the reason we shouldn't get Austin or The Rock back for it.

No. I want a regular, amazing singles match. This match isn't going to be about the gimmick, the opponent or the moveset. It's going to be about nothing but respect for this man who's given us everything over the years. Everything we see in that match is going to be a testament to his career. Everything he does will have meant something to him, and we'll be able to see that.

Again, I disagree. He puts people over all the time now. I think his last match should solely be about him. Which is why I think his opponent should be Triple H. So, we've seen this before yes. But it is a big part of the history for both these guys. And it's not something which will take away from him too much. Hence the reason we shouldn't get Austin or The Rock back for it.

I know you don't want HBK to retire this year but what does Shawn have left to prove?? He's been in this business for around 20 years. He's destroyed his back, his knees. He's beaten everyone Triple H, Undertaker,Jericho,Cena,Batista,Angle,Edge,Hart,etc. HBK has done it all. Why not in one last showstopping performance in his home state of Texas in a showdown against the Undertaker. It would be the perfect setting. He wouldn't win but you don't always have to win your last match. I reference Rock,Austin,Flair. The performance Micheals would put on for the fans in that match would be a testament to that mans career. He should get to go out on his terms in a setting perfect for his career. Where is a bigger stage than Mania in your homestate? I would think no less of Shawn if he lost his last match. Because I know he will give us a showstopping performance.

I know you don't want HBK to retire this year but what does Shawn have left to prove??

He has nothing left to prove, and hasn't for many years.

He's been in this business for around 20 years. He's destroyed his back, his knees. He's beaten everyone Triple H, Undertaker,Jericho,Cena,Batista,Angle,Edge,Hart,etc. HBK has done it all. Why not in one last showstopping performance in his home state of Texas in a showdown against the Undertaker.

I'm not against this. I don't want him to retire, most fans don't. But when he says he's retiring no one's going to hold it against him. He has earned respect, and that's all he'll get. If his last match is WM 25 against Undertaker, I see no problem with that. It'd be an amazing match.

It would be the perfect setting. He wouldn't win but you don't always have to win your last match. I reference Rock,Austin,Flair. The performance Micheals would put on for the fans in that match would be a testament to that mans career.

In all fairness, it'd be a great match no matter who it was against, if only for the emotion we'll feel in it.

He should get to go out on his terms in a setting perfect for his career. Where is a bigger stage than Mania in your homestate? I would think no less of Shawn if he lost his last match. Because I know he will give us a showstopping performance.

Exactly. With Shawn at Mania the result rarely means anything; his matches are always amazing.

I know you don't want HBK to retire this year but what does Shawn have left to prove??
if your saying that, what does triple H, Undertaker and even cena have to lprove why are they still wrestling?
He's been in this business for around 20 years.
So has the undertaker. you know who has longer then both guys? Hacksw Jim Duggan and he is still wrestling why?
He's destroyed his back, his knees. He's beaten everyone Triple H, Undertaker,Jericho,Cena,Batista,Angle,Edge,Hart,etc.
if that is accomplishing everything and you was to retire straight away then there would be no veterans left he isnt the only person to of completed that list
HBK has done it all. Why not in one last showstopping performance in his home state of Texas in a showdown against the Undertaker. It would be the perfect setting. He wouldn't win but you don't always have to win your last match.
He deserves winning his last match. the things he has done for this company, he out of the veterans deserves to be the one to defeat the undertaker in his own town. to well and truley submit him into the name MR Wrestlemania
I reference Rock,Austin,Flair. The performance Micheals would put on for the fans in that match would be a testament to that mans career.
And in that testement he should win. it would really show people that he is the man
He should get to go out on his terms in a setting perfect for his career. Where is a bigger stage than Mania in your homestate? I would think no less of Shawn if he lost his last match. Because I know he will give us a showstopping performance.
I wouldnt think any less of him if he lost but he shouldnt lose his final match. I am not saying award him the title but the guy deserves alot more then losing his final match. the guy really deserves a Trish type ending rather then a Lita. I would love to see HBK be the one to end the undertakers career. I know it wont happen but it would be awesome to see. the crowd would go nuts and so would I. his final match deserves to be a good memory for him. where he is able to legitly stand up and say goodbye to the fans. and you cant really do that if you just lost.without reakig kayfaybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back