Shane/Undertaker - Who Do You have Winning?

Blue Chipper

Shapeshifting Humanoid
It seems a lot of people are going with Shane because they believe the storyline will continue and Undertaker can retire in his hometown. I understand that reasoning, but I have a feeling that Undertaker will win. I don't know why.

Who's winning?

I think Shane is being brought in for a one off match, not some huge angle that continues for months. He'll take some sort of ridiculous bump to make the match memorable and Taker will win.

I respect the guy and will not pretend he isn't an all time great but to be honest the Taker has never really moved me as a fan. I can't think of a time where I really got behind him to go over in a match. The same holds true for his encounter with Shane inside Hell in a Cell. I'll be rooting for Shane to steal the victory. The best part of Shane going over is the slim possibility that Stephanie actually goes away for a while.

When it comes to this match the most interesting standout is the possible swerve. That is actually what I'm most interested in.

I only cared about this match because I thought Cena would take Shane's. That's no longer a possibility (outside of a huge surprise) so this match means very little to me. I would guess Taker wins.

I think Shane is being brought in for a one off match, not some huge angle that continues for months. He'll take some sort of ridiculous bump to make the match memorable and Taker will win.

This. I want Shane to win but can't see it.

Taker wins. As people above me have pointed out, this really feels like a one-off deal for Shane. With ratings declining (and Shane actually pointing that out in a promo), WWE is taking a huge risk if RAW continues to center around the authority for months on end after Wrestlemania.

With the exception of the incredible reaction for Shane's return, this whole storyline has been a little strange. Hopefully there is a huge swerve, and the apathy I feel for this match will turn to jubilant excitement.

If Taker wins, the storyline could continue with Shane using the lockbox which hasn't been mentioned since Detroit... right?

No idea who wins.

Undertaker

There's just no way his last Mania match will be against Shane McMahon
This is the company that retired Flair to a Shawn Michaels who was winding it down.

This is the company who sacrificed HBK to a part time Undertaker.

This is the company who gave the streak to Mr Special Attraction himself, Brock Lesnar.

I wouldn't put it past them to let Taker's last Mania be against a part time non-wrestler.

Not saying it'll happen. But I do believe their grapefruits are that big. That they already made the match puts us well beyond the looking glass.

I really shouldn't have rewatched Shane vs Angle a couple weeks ago.

There's no way they'll get anywhere close to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back