• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Dislike For Undertaker vs HHH/HBK

I think making the match HIAC was different enough. I really prefer one on one matches at Mania rather than any special referee shit.

But Shawn is involved here. It's not as if his involvement is outta the blue sky. Makes sense why he is involving himself. Man people calling this 'OMG! HHH and HBK are hogging the light' 'Kliq all over again'. Shit, they are not throwing a punch coz Taker's bald look is being saved for Mania.

Jesus its like some people don't tire from saying ego and Hunter again n' again

Two guys talking and not doing anything describes about half of this Mania card so far.

Im excited about this match and cant wait. This whole event is being built up perfectly.

Fuck you all.

That is all.

Continue bickering and hating life.

Im excited about this match and cant wait. This whole event is being built up perfectly.

Fuck you all.

That is all.

Continue bickering and hating life.

You know what? You're right.

I hate the lack of physicality in all 3 main event players but all's fine now.

Fuck it, Mania is here!

I looked forward to this match pre-HBK. Once the Cell was announced I was jacked. Insert HBK and it went away.

I don't understand the hatred for this feud.

On one hand, sure - it has happened twice before; but on that same idea... The last two matches were great.

The first - a really good feud, the second a really told story.

Next, the streak. Sure, it could have been an up-and-comer: but none of them are credible, I believe.

And even if they are; people are bitching that taker can barely move - but he deserves more than a broken streak. He was never given endless titles. He built superstars constantly. He was a general backstage. Why not let him go out with a peer? Beating "the game"; ending the "attitude era"

Finally - the hbk interference possibilty. He is the show stopper. He is the game. It won't be for a title. It won't be the main event. There will be others on the card getting built. Ignoring the haters, they both built many. Why not let them tell one last good story?

The problem is no matter who WWE chooses to be the one ends the streak nobody will be happy. If it's an established veteran they'll cry WWE is holding down the younger talent or in the case of Cena he's being shoved down our throats and they'll cry that undertaker should have been used to put over a young up and comer.

If it's a younger wrestler lower on the card they'll cry about how so and so is not ready for it and it should have been saved for somebody higher up the pecking order. they'll say `Taker is too valuable to waste putting over some schmoe.

Fuck it, i'm excited for Mania and I don't even watch wrestling. Haven't watched the build for any of the matches, haven't watched Raw or Smackdown since the final Raw before Mania last year and yet i'm still pumped for it. I've never been as excited for a wrestling match as I am for Taker/Trips this year.

I don't get the "haters" thing. I know the match will draw. I know the match gains interest. I know the match will at the least be very good. I also know Undertaker will get injured, but that's beside the point. I just don't like that this has been the same pissing contest it's been since 2010. What started as Shawn wanting to be the only major star at Wrestlemania degenerated into a pissing contest between 3 guys that aren't full schedule workers.

To be fair, the Undertaker has earned the right to be a part time wrestler.

My opinion, he's had the best match on the card since WM 23. He would have had the best match on the card at 21 if that card didn't have Angle vs. HBK. He's also got a damn good match out of Flair at Mania 18. The Undertaker has been pretty damn solid at Wrestlemania.

People might over rate the match last year (debatable), but it was still the best match on the card (we can argue how good the card actually was). I think HBK is overkill, or at least should have been announced before Hell in the Cell. It's going to be a good match Sunday, it's just getting there at this point.

Yes, I agree HBK is overkill. After HIAC it was perfect. It was like the stars had aligned and by golly I was jacked. Then HBK was announced. I hate special referees or three ways or four ways as main event. A straight up one-on-one with a clean finish is what a ME in Mania should be. Regardless of how many Mania MEs there are. That's why I hated last year's ME. Last year's whole Mania was nothing but big fat blowjob to The Rock. But the interference made sense the next night.

I do agree either HBK as ref or HIAC would've been perfect. Having both is too much. But I do think there is a story here. HBK is kinda involved here. And I don't think it is for a Hunter vs Shawn match next spring (barring the fact if it is Hunter's last match which it shouldn't be). They are building it as an end of an era, which should be HBK vs Taker technically, so I really buy into Shawn's involvement.

Here's the deal though, I hate the lack of physicality going into this Mania. but there are reasons for all:

-Taker is bald and his look is being preserved to be unveiled at Mania so no touching him. Hunter and HBK getting it on would make no sesne.

- Cena/Rock, they are building towards the first punch between these two guys, so no contact rule here has been the norm since day one (regardless of the SS Rock Bottom).

-Jericho has pinned Punk once, and basically there was nothing more than more tag team matches or a brawl these two could get into, however Jericho has taken a more personal turn for this feud, which is brilliant. Man, when he said 'But your sister' and the live crowd's reaction was epic. This is reminding me of HHH/Orton minus the insanely cool home brawl, they are building towards Punk exploding on Jericho at Mania.

Lord, I have so much time.

Fuck it, it's Mania weekend wooooo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back